If you're here it means you are thinking about starting a club! Read on below for some more information and helpful resources. If you have more questions make sure to comment below =)
First of all we encourage you to join existing clubs at your university if one already exists. If you find that there are no League of Legends clubs on your campus and you believe you have what it takes to be a great organiser, registering a club is simple, here are a few things you should have ready before you start:
* Identify other passionate and capable students to help organise your club
* Come up with a name for your club ( Make sure when people read it they know its League related)
* Create a communication platform for members to join and interact with each other (most existing clubs use facebook groups)
* Plan a few events in advanced so that potential club members have a reason to join
A few things to think about when starting a club
* Why does it exist? What are the goals of your club? Why would a player want to join?
* Make sure everyone on the committee has specific and defined responsibilities. Committee members should be positive members in the club and lead by example.
* Explain your club rules, fair play and player behavior. Everyone has the right to be participate, free from harassment, abuse and negative behavior.
The club committee should work hard to make this happen. Promoting a friendly environment will help you to keep existing members and attract new ones.
* Clubs needs a regular schedule of events of all kinds. The schedule should be established as early as possible in the year and should be widely promoted. We recommend trying to schedule an event of any size every week.
When you do host events, make sure you check out our events portal to register your events - http://events.oce.leagueoflegends.com/
Not only can players go their to register for your event, but we can also provide prizing for tournaments that are registered through the portal. You can find more info about the events portal and a handy tournament guide stickied in our [community events sub board](http://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-events)
When you do host events make sure to take heaps of photos and upload them to twitter/facebook/instagram with #ULoLOce, we would love to see all your clubs and events!
# I check this thread regularly. So if you have any questions or are looking for help, Comment below!