Between the Sol and the Luna

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Sun & Moon ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Yin and Yang ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Forever rivals ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But forever inseparable --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ☾ ☀ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Soft footsteps trailed the sand. It was a quiet night, and only a small sliver of the crescent moon peeked behind the clouds. The place, transformed by the light of the moon, seemed eerily bewitched. The waves of the ocean lapped gently at the sand, and that was the only sound accompanying the night. The only living thing that stood there that night was a person. Nothing else moved. Nothing else breathed. “She will come. She must come.” The lone figure murmured, pacing. They continued to wait. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ☾ ☀ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Scorn of the Moon stopped in her late night stroll to survey the night sky. It was a beautiful sight; dotted with countless stars. And the moon… ah, it was truly magnificent, hidden behind the clouds but yet still shining strongly through. Diana averted her eyes from the night sky to continue her walk, her footsteps hardly audible. She continued walking without much intention until she heard the sound of the waves rolling. A walk along the oceanside shouldn’t hurt, should it? Diana, gripping her curved blade, switched paths from the sidewalk to the sand. She let her blade graze the sand lightly as she walked, leaving a trail of disturbed sand in her wake. A tender breeze tickled her silver hair as she continued walking, one foot ahead of the other. Only until then when she heard the clank of heavy armour did she whirl around, brandishing her weapon. Her eyes were narrowed. Who would be out so late? The stranger opposite her wore heavy golden-orange armour, only able to be seen by the light of the moon. They hefted a shield and a sword; a blade whose shape was so familiar to Diana that she instantly knew who she faced. Leona. The Radiant Dawn. “Leona.” Her greeting was cold. “Come to deny my words yet again?” The armour-clad warrior ignored her words. “Diana. I-” Diana interrupted her. “Why are you out so late?” She asked scornfully. “You know you are weakest without the sun. I could kill you easily.” Leona did not reply. She came for answers, not for violence. “Diana, I only want to talk.” Diana laughed, but it was full of bitterness. “Talk? About what, the _past_?” The word was spat out with hate. Leona stiffened but did not back down. She shifted in her position, her armour clinking against one another. “Yes, the past. More specifically, the Sola-” Halfway through the word, Diana had slammed her blade to the ground. Leona felt herself being thrown towards Diana, and instinctively raised her shield. Her breath was torn out of her as she hit the ground, and the next second she found herself hardly breathing. One of Diana’s hands had her hair pulled up painfully and the other one holding the crescent weapon to her throat. Leona was stunned. She didn’t know what to think, only that even uttering the word “Solari” was enough to enrage Diana. Had they really impacted her that much? Diana leaned into Leona’s face, her teeth bared and eyes narrowed to slits. “You utter that word one more time, and I will slice your throat.” She hissed, eyes full of hate. Leona didn’t reply, only staring up at her with eyes devoid of emotion. Diana growled, and suddenly the blade was whisked away and Leona’s hair was free. Leona crumpled to the ground. She dug her Zenith Blade into the sand to hoist herself up before facing Diana. The Scorn of the Moon had her back to Leona. “Ah. I couldn’t kill you, even if I wanted to.” Diana sighed, still turned away. Her crescent blade now rested at her side, it’s tip hardly touching the ground. Diana turned back to Leona, who was now watching her with pity in her eyes. Pity that Diana hated so much, but yet could not stop her heart from clenching. “Why do you hate them so much? What did they do?” Leona asked softly. Even though she already knew the answer, she wanted to hear it from Diana. When Diana’s eyes met hers, they reflected the bitterness of her past. “You know what they did.” Diana’s eyes glinted dangerously. “Stop pretending. You and those Solari fools will never understand.” Leona’s heart hardened with anger and grief. She was tired of Diana’s taunts; tired of Diana thinking that she deserved sympathy for what she did. “Fools? Fools? You were the fool for killing them all!” Her voice rose to a shout. “You slaughtered the elders! You slaughtered the elders who took you in! You slaughtered the elders who _gave you a life to live_!” Diana growled. “And you yourself couldn’t save your precious elders.” She sneered, but with the bitterness ever so present in her voice. “It’s their fault for living in fear of the Lunari coming back. It's their fault for being so _weak_ that they had to end the Lunari.” Leona, driven by anger, unleashed a battle cry before projecting a solar image of her sword towards Diana. The image drove through Diana and Leona took this chance to dash to her, clubbing the Scorn of the Moon with her shield. Diana staggered but registered no weakness as she slashed her moonblade at Leona, who deflected the blow with her shield. Diana kicked Leona’s shield, causing her to stagger back herself. Leona, panting, expected her to fight on, but instead Diana stood still, making no move to continue the battle. “We’re done here, Leona.” By now, the sun had started to rise, faint streaks of orange crossing the fading night sky. Diana’s figure began to shimmer, slowly evaporating into what was left of the moonlight. Leona knew it was over. She couldn’t confront Diana alone anymore, not after this encounter. “Oh and, Leona? How does it feel living in a faction that was the genocide of another?” It was the last thing she said to Leona before fully evaporating into the moonlight. Recalling home. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ☾ ☀ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- **Author's Note** _*this does not count as a part of the story*_ Greetings! If you made it the end, I salute you, for my writing is horrendously long. Apologies for that! I haven't thought about it earlier, but I realized that this story is heavily based off Diana and Leona's lore, which many people probably do not know. I'll just give a quick roundup of the lore so you have a better understanding of the conflict between the two champions. Diana was found by the Solari as a child, and raised by them. She grew up a Solari warrior until she decided she that she would find out about the lost clan of the Lunari as she was amazed by the moon's beauty. She discovered talismans and ancient remnants of the Lunari, and discovered the armour and weapon that she now wields today. Excited, she brought back her findings to the Solari elders, but as soon as they heard of her findings, they declared her a heretic and sentenced her to death. Diana, appalled, tried to reason with them but they would not listen. She was overcome with anger at their defiance and slaughtered them all with the power of the moon. Leona at the time tried to defend herself and the elders but was knocked unconscious. Diana, wracked with grief and bitterness at what she had done, fled the Solari temples to roam alone. She now hates the Solari and is rivals with Leona. Hopefully this gave a better understanding of the story. Thanks for reading.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel