Champion Mastery

Dear Rito, Today I played three games under the new ‘Champion Mastery’ system and was more than a little confused by the end of the session. * My first game was with Fiddlesticks mid. I went 5/5/6, 134cs and 12k gold over 47 minutes. Not too flash hey? Well I was awarded 1432 ‘Champion Points’ for the win, bumping Fiddle almost all the way up to Level 2 in my first game! * My second game was with Yorick supporting. I went 4/4/10, 103cs and 10.8k gold over 40 minutes. Despite losing, I was expecting to be showered in glorious Champion Points, but only received around 250 - about a sixth of what I was awarded for my previous game. * My third game was with Yorick top. I went 8/0/11, 273cs and 15.6k gold over 41 minutes. This was remarkably better than both of my last games so even though we lost again, I was expecting lots of Champion Points, but again received only around 250. _“It’s based on the champion and role that you just played in a game. So, for example, we look at Annie mid differently to Annie support. We take a series of performance metrics and compare how you do to all other players in your region in your champion / position combination. It is percentile driven - so earning a high score means you performed in the top x% of players on that champ in that position. The grade itself governs the point gains.”_ -http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/features/champion-mastery The results still didn’t make sense, so I checked a reputable third-party site which displays a performance indicator that evaluates my results with a specific champion relative to the ‘average player’ in my region. In game 1 (Fiddlesticks) I performed +17.5% better than the average player in my region. In game 2 (Yorick) I performed +8.5% better than the average player in my region. In game 3 (Yorick) I performed +166.5% better than the average player in my region. There was a lot of variance in my individual performance across these games, but no statistically significant correlation between my results and the points I received. I received a C+ grade in my first game and an S grade in my second and third games. Despite performing better in the games we lost, my points appeared to be capped at the 250 mark. Consider the ~1200 point difference between (8/0/11, loss, S grade) and (5/5/6, win, C+ grade) and you see my problem. The system purports to represent individual ‘mastery’ of a Champion but it considers what is arguably the most ambiguous factor (game outcome) above personal statistics - so much so that the difference between high and low individual performance (in the event of a loss) is negligible. I respect that this feature provides an exciting new outlet for current players, but I guess I am a little disappointed that it doesn’t make any new ground or examine performance to the depth that it implies. Rooksy
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel