Boards Community Battle Academia Fanart Contest!
Welcome to all our new and returning students! Meow’s it going? I, Yuumi, cutest and best-groomed Principal of the Durandal God-Weapon Academy, am proud to announce a hisstoric student admissions record!
With so many new fish, there’s more competition than ever both in academics and club rivalries, and that's going to be almost as fun as napping! So, myself and the staff are pleased to introduce our first Battle Academia!
As diligent pupils, I’m sure you’re all aware of the house trials that will be running over the next month. For those of you that aren’t, I’m sure the bulletin boards around the school can shed some light.
While all of you are encouraged to participate in the festivities of the Mid Season, we have a different opportunaty for those of you in pursuit of more peaceful demonstrations of skill. You know what they say… Don’t put all your fish in one basket!
So, without further ado:
Create an original piece of fanart depicting at least one champion in an existing or imagined Battle Academia skin.
This is still, visual media only, so your art must be able to be represented in a single image (no music, animation, videos, etc).
This contest is also designed to be background friendly, so your submission must be in 1920x1080 (or multiples of) resolution, with the artwork filling the whole image. Traditional artists, this may mean you’ll have to play with lighting, placement and cropping a bit.
- Primus (1st Place): Battle Academia skin of choice (Prestige skins not included), the Battle Academia Durandal Ward skin and a Yuumi Emote of choice.
- Secundus (2nd Place): Battle Academia skin of choice (Prestige skins not included), and a Yuumi Emote of choice.
- Tertius (3rd Place): Battle Academia skin (Prestige skins not included) of choice.
- 5 Honourable Mentions: Standard Mystery Skin!
Entries are open now, and close June 2nd 2019 at 11:59pm AEST.
(There are two components to your entries - the upload to your site of choice, and the submission form the big submit button takes you to. BOTH submissions must be in by the deadline, so please be aware of your timezone and don’t leave it to the last minute, we can’t make exceptions!)
All contest entries must comply with the Master Rules as well as all below.
- You can enter only once!
- Your entry must be some form of still, visual media. This means traditional or digital art, and no music, gifs or videos.
- Your entry must be appropriate for League’s M rating, so nothing too violent or risque. (Evelynn’s and Kindred’s splash arts are good guides for the limits of this.)
- Your entry must depict at least one League of Legends champion recognisably in the theme of the Battle Academia.
- This contest is OCE only.
- Your entry must be made by you, submitted by you and made specifically for this contest.
- Your entry can't include any logos, advertisements, product names or product placements: we don't want Gragas, Esq. writing us any cease and desist letters!
- Submissions with inappropriate summoner names will be disqualified.
Entries will be shortlisted by a panel of volunteers and Rioters, and from there narrowed down to our top 8! We’re looking into methods of community voting for future competitions but for now this will be internal voting!
Winners will be announced on June 5th!
All entries must be uploaded to a free-to-access image-hosting site (and require no signup to view e.g. imgur etc) and a direct link to the image submitted in the form below.
(Again, there are two components to your entries - the upload to your site of choice, and the submission form the big submit button takes you to. BOTH submissions must be in by the deadline, so please be aware of your timezone and don’t leave it to the last minute, we can’t make exceptions!)
*Entries are now closed!
Alright staff and students! Let’s charge up those lasers, dust off those spare parts, sharpen our blades and polish those gauntlets! It’s time to
go fishing! get creating!
Best of Luck, Summoners!