Music Cover Contest - Sponsored by Logitech!
Dust off your piano accordion because we're pleased to announce a music cover contest!
To enter, create and share your cover of one of the below three tracks. Your cover can be in any style or genre of music, whether it's a vocal piece, ukelele solo, acid jazz, or J-Pop; we want to see you give these songs your own unique sound. The lucky winner will be premiered at the 2018 OPL Split 2 Grand Final, taking place live at the Melbourne Esports Festival!
The winners will receive:
- 1st place: Riot will bring you to a recording studio in Sydney (including flights and accommodation if needed, within the Oceanic region) to professionally record your cover. This will take place on August 22.
We'll premiere your cover at the 2018 OPL Split 2 Grand Final at Rod Laver Arena. The winner will also receive 10,000 Riot Points.
- 2nd place: A Logitech G903 gaming mouse with Powerplay wireless charging system or 10,000 Riot Points
- 3rd place: A Logitech G933 gaming headset or 7,500 Riot Points
HOW TO ENTER
Create your work, upload it to Youtube, and submit it using the submission form linked below!Submit Your Entry Here
DATESEntries open today and close at 11:59PM AEST 22nd July 2018.
Voting will open on 30th July 2018 through until 11:59PM AEST 5th August 2018.
The final contest announcement and prizing will occur on 6th August 2018.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE SELECTED?
Once entries close, an internal panel will select a shortlist of finalists. We'll open that shortlist up for player voting to identify the final winner.
Entries will be judged based on the quality of the submissions, creativity, and how well the entry meets the theme of the contest. Of course, all entries must abide by the contest rules.
All contest entries must comply with the master rules but must also be in line with the following:
- You must: submit a link to a cover of one of the three specified songs.
- You may only enter a cover for each option once – so submit your best cover!
- You must only choose to cover one of the three songs listed.
- Your entry must be appropriate for players of all ages: League's rated M, so nothing too risque or of a violent nature.
- To be eligible for this contest, you must be over 18 years of age.
- Your entry can't include any logos, advertisements, product names or product placements, or any musical accompaniment you do not have the right to use: we don't want Gragas, Esq. writing us any cease and desist letters!
- Your entry must be made by you, submitted by you, and made specifically for this contest: this is about YOU showcasing YOUR artistic talents specifically for this contest. You may elect to submit this entry as a group (E.G a band) or solo.
- By accepting a prize, confirmed winners agree to the use of their names in any advertising and promotion by the Sponsor without further compensation. The first place winner also assigns to Riot Games the master recording rights to the professionally recorded cover.
- Riot Games retains the publishing copyright for the composition, and by entering your recording into the competition, you assign to Riot Games the master recording rights to your entry. You may use your entry only on your personal channels.
Entrants agree to release Sponsor, its affiliates (including parent, sister and subsidiary companies), or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest from any liability resulting from, or related to administration of the contest, attempted participation or participation in the contest, selection or confirmation of winners, and award or use of a prize.