2019 Dual Art Contest Wave 1 - Arcade!
Danger! Wave Incoming!
Hello our lovely Boards community! We’re back with our second fanart contest of the year.
Keep your artistic brain fired up because we have something a little more unique for this one!
This contest will be a dual theme contest with more specific metrics to work within. What this means is you will have a specific style and format to submit in, and there will be two Phases (waves) of the contest.
This is your go-to page for Wave 1. Wave 2 can be found here
Let’s get down to the details of Wave 1!
Wave 1: Pixel Arcade!
Your challenge for Wave 1 is to create a pixel artwork recognisably depicting at least one League of Legends champion in an existing or imagined Arcade (incl. Battle Boss) skin.
This artwork must be in 1350x1080 (or multiples of) aspect ratio. We aren’t limiting you on resolution, but it must be clearly classifiable as pixel art.
Wave 1 Rewards!
The ratio restrictions are in place because our winners of Wave 1 will have their artwork displayed in Arcade style on the announcement post!
Our Top 10 entries in Wave 1 will receive 3 Masterwork Chests (with Keys) and points towards the Boss Wave (final prizing)!
Details and submission below!
The Boss Wave! - Final Prizing
This is where those points come in! Those of you earn the most points combined from Waves 1 and 2 will earn some extra goodies.
Our overall winners will be the lucky recipients of some more substantial and customised prizes. These prizes are in addition to any they have earned from each individual Wave! Details Here.
Entries open from June 26th to 11:59AEST on July 25th.
Winners will be announced on July 28th to give them time to spend tokens and buy bundles before they expire.
All contest entries must comply with the Master Rules as well as all below.
Wave 1 Specific Rules:
- Champion art must be in 1350x1080 (or multiples of) aspect ratio.
- Champion art must be clearly classifiable as pixel art and depict at least one champion in an existing or imagined Arcade (incl. Battle Boss) skin.
- You can only enter each wave once!
- Your entry must be some form of still, visual media. This means traditional or digital art, and no music, gifs or videos.
- Your entry must be appropriate for League’s M rating, so nothing too violent or risque. (Evelynn’s and Kindred’s splash arts are good guides for the limits of this.)
- Your entry must be made by you, submitted by you and made specifically for this contest.
- This contest is OCE only.
- Your entry can't include any logos, advertisements, product names or product placements: we don't want Gragas, Esq. writing us any cease and desist letters!
- Submissions with inappropriate summoner names will be disqualified.
Wave 1 and 2 will each have 10 winners selected only from the artworks for that Wave.
Each artwork shortlisted for Wave 1 and 2 will accrue points for their artist. The artists with the most points once Wave 2 closes will earn the Boss Wave prizes!
These will be voted for by a panel of Rioters and Volunteers.
Ensure you submit artwork for at least one Wave AND fill out the prizing form (only fill out the prizing form once). This prizing form will be used to get our winners their prizes of choice so make sure you fill it out if you are entering artwork!
You only need to fill out this form once, even if you submit for both Wave 1 and 2.
Good luck summoners!