MMkk (OCE)
: Pre-Game Option to prevent using Chat in-game.
this already exists. in your client before you queue up. settings -> interface ->scroll down to "chat" section -> uncheck "show allied chat" -> uncheck "show all chat"
Rioter Comments
: OFFICER SIVIR SKIN! | League of Legends (Fan)
inceI (OCE)
: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE REPORT SYSTEM
riot is a company. they have a terrible system. complaining about their terrible system will not solve anything. the only way you could make a difference is if you earned enough money to buy riot and enforce the changes. i have wasted hours talking to riot staff and theorizing better systems but at the end of the day i have 6 perma banned accounts. the only solution for me is to just not get banned, try to get others banned. but you are more important than riot. just dont let it upset you, dont type at all if you can help it and play the game. alternatively, csgo exists and there is zero limit to what u can say on voice or type so have fun with that <3
: LFP- keen for some company for the next few hours? HMU and we play :)
Vellaura (OCE)
: TFT Counting Towards Awakening Missions
its probably a bug. just do it in norms
: > i like potato I hope you like unemployment as well, there will be a lot more of that in the coming years.
: AH You were baiting, that explains it.
your brain is very big
: > thank you :) Good, take notes. It will help you get an actual job and deter you from wasting your time on positions out of reach.
: > and what does that video tell us ? Your inability to articulate and form decent retorts would be one. If i break it down in simple term. You are not intellectually equipped enough for the job.
: Can't tell if bait, or just trying to sound like an Iron player.
ok how do elo boosters get accounts from iron to diamond in under a week ?
Dragonair (OCE)
: Lets not forget about this gem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-wyY0PnRs
and what does that video tell us ?
: > ok :) Try to mount **A** defense instead of hidding behind "ok :)". Severely lacking in analytical, verbal reasoning, and interpersonal skill. Being a coach is not what you should aim for. Sorry to say, but i think you are a sort of layman that is reaching far beyond your potential.
: Wewlad hows this fair?
idk if ur trolling with this post or not. if you arent a certain rank its for 2 reasons: either a) u dont play enough or b) u arent good enough. its 2020 lets not have the same discussions every year
BeefyBill (OCE)
: all you need is this https://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=BurstFire304 everything makes sense
no games played for 2 weeks. everything makes sense. i wonder what burstfire has been doing for 2 weeks. probably nothing. all the evidence is here boys
: > idk why you think that but i disagree. thanks for your opinion anyway tho :) Which do you disagree with, one? or all of them?. You are not expanding on your statement at all. You've pretty much left all the details out, why? If you cant even communicate effectively in a basic disagreement, how the hell can you coach? I got a feeling you might be a high school student looking for an easy access to a title.
: Judging from how lack luster your point of view are. Am gonna make a quick conjecture and say your "coaching" technique would be the same. It takes more than an "i think i can" attitude to be a coach. In my humble views, you have demonstrated very little social experience, lack of depth to your thought process, and a very low standard for the word coach. At this point, it just looked like you want the prestige title of coach while lacking the capability.
idk why you think that but i disagree. thanks for your opinion anyway tho :)
BeefyBill (OCE)
: The real burstfire would of tweeted a scrambled mess of page markings and cried about the sona vs nami match up arguing that sona is a great pick when she hasn't see any professional play. Stick to the amateur work bud go pro on your comedy stand up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7TlHFoDI-s&t=2s Its a old one but still gets me laughing to this day
BeefyBill (OCE)
: That's y your bad LMAO!!
Rioter Comments
: If you work for free, then you are not working at all by law. You are volunteering.
: I’m keen, currently playing jungle as I used to be a support main
Rioter Comments
: I've got a question regarding your ADC's Riot.
the strongest 7 adc according to op.gg are aphelios mf cait lucian ashe senna vayne. if we look at the top 5 most common 3 item choices for these 7 champs its 34 unique build orders for the first 3 items (op.gg) this means that only one build (essence ie rapid, lucian and mf) is shared in terms of exact permutations. now yes when we look at full 3 item builds combinations there is more overlap (too complex / time consuming for me to investigate but it would be about 80% of 34 which is 27) but thats still a lot of diversity in the role. also not all of these adcs even centre around crit. lucian ashe and vayne all go bork and senna goes manamune into lethality. all in all this is a complex problem thats going to be solved over years through minor changes across patches. riot is doing a decent job
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Riot's automated systems are actually remarkably "solid", though, with gameplay offences really being the only thing it struggles with, and that's likely more a result of the nature of such offences and how difficult they are to accurately determine. The machine learning in place functions remarkably well with things like chat, 3rd party software, account sharing, and the like, with only rare edge cases acting as outliers (which you would realistically expect with any system). So far as the IFS notifications go, you can't rely on them to tell you *every* time a player is punished with the help of one of your reports. The system was originally designed to inform *only* the final report that triggers the punishment itself, not everyone who actually contributed to the punishment, and there is reason to believe that notification doesn't always trigger when it should. A lack of notification does *not* mean the player wasn't punished. Ultimately, there should be no need to submit 4 tickets for every game, and while I understand that's likely an exaggeration, it sound like the reality is that you're actually looking for issues where none (or, rather, significantly fewer) exist, rather than there actually being excessive issues in-game. With that kind of "all these people are doing the wrong thing" mentality, it's likely that you're simply perceiving certain situations as being more negative than they actually are (a concept known as "negativity bias"), which happens to everyone. In that respect, the Support agents are right; some people are just having a bad game(s), not everyone is trying to ruin your time. ____ So far as the system you've suggested, I was reluctant to address specific points about it because I didn't want to stymie the discussion of it, but it seems to me there are multiple major flaws with the idea itself. For one thing, a system that relies so heavily on manual reviews is entirely impracticable. The amount of manpower that would be required to properly address every case (or even most cases) would be far more than Riot (or most companies) would be capable of employing, which is actually one of the major reasons why the automated systems are put in place for most/all online services. There's also the fact that a purely (or almost purely) manual system would result in significantly longer times to actually address clear-cut cases; cases which the current system can address in under 15 minutes. The suggestion also acts on the fallacy that every report submitted is going to hold valid weight, when there are many players who use reports in a misguided attempt to trigger false punishments; an effort that would effectively be validated with such a system. It would also act on the same fallacy that the current honour system employs, that honours represent only positive behaviour, when the reality is that many players honour others who perform well, rather than those that behave well. Such a system would also eliminate the possibility of considering context *before* deciding if a punishment is due, since it is no longer based on an actual review of the situation to determine if a player was acting in a way that should be punished, but rather deciding that based solely on the account's "point standing", and then allowing a decision to be made only on which punishment to issue. While such problems exist, a system such as this would not be a practical consideration for any company looking to employ a superior behaviour system.
you really need to provide data about your first point because its an empirical claim. i believe that millions of riots punishments are either absent or wrongly directed. i didnt know that the notifications worked like that. but now i do, they shouldnt. they should tell you every time a player you reported is punished as a result of ur report. for example in my system if you report someone and they get banned in that 10 game window before their points are reset, you would be notified. in terms of sensitivity or whatever its brought about by the games terrible "summoners code" it has rules that it enforces sometimes when it wants to. for example racism is bad. if you type certain slurs you get banned. if you literally describe the color of someones skin and then compare them to bodily waste you dont get banned. in game reporting needs to be weighted heavier. also i would say most games of the 10 ranked solo q players, at least 2 break the rules in some way. afk, inting, verbal, giving up etc etc. ------------------------------------------------- so my system uses manpower in terms of players after game and riot people to review. this can be outsourced to some kind of call centre or maybe an overwatch system (like in csgo) where players rated plat+ can review a ticket from time to time of a player who has exceeded the points threshold set by riot. also as i mentioned in the event where the machine learning was actually good it would take the place of people. but you have millions of players ready to help with a ticket from time to time, especially if it gave blue essence or something. this system does require each report to be the same quality/accuracy. its letting the wider community decide what it wants. so for example if 100 people in gold dont like the playstyle of a certain player in gold, he will get flagged. and if 1 guy reports for no reason, as long as others dont too (which is very unlikely statistically) he wont get flagged. "Such a system would also eliminate the possibility of considering context before deciding if a punishment is due, since it is no longer based on an actual review of the situation to determine if a player was acting in a way that should be punished, but rather deciding that based solely on the account's "point standing", and then allowing a decision to be made only on which punishment to issue." this whole section is just wrong. 1) at the moment punishments are automatic and non-contextual 2) in my system, each players ticket is reviewed either by a VERY good AI or a human being (for the entire purpose of context) the entire point of this system is to combine automation with context. you get flagged by the point system, but you only get punished after manual review (either with a better AI or a riot employee or a random solo q player plat+) i think youve failed to understand what ive said either through poor communication from me or you just not reading it carefully enough. ive added a bunch of edits give it another skim and if you still disagree we can just agree to do so.
: To be clear, Riot's systems work with a system that uses machine learning, rather than "trigger words" as many players often believe. You can refer to [this post on the NA boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Ifb0rpEJ-riot-should-just-make-a-list-of-banned-words-and-how-not-to-be-condescending) that gives a simplified explanation of the difference, and how it works: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Ifb0rpEJ-riot-should-just-make-a-list-of-banned-words-and-how-not-to-be-condescending That doesn't mean it's going to be a perfect system, though (no system is perfect, mind you). Any time a player figures out how to circumvent the current detection methods, the system has to learn how that's happening and how to detect it (that's why it's called "machine *learning*"), which is obviously going to mean that some players may fly under the radar until the system learns. That's why reports are so important, because they provide important information to the system on how players might be circumventing detection, and it's important to note that you're not limited to the post-game report function; if there is ever a case you think won't be handled properly by the automated system, you can feel free to submit a ticket directly to [Support](https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) who should take the appropriate steps to address the situation.
so when i say "AI" im including the term "machine learning". so all "machine learning" comments you made as resolved in the original post. i think the riot "machine learning" is garbage and they need to use humans because of this. its a really bad system. literally every game i play has toxic players in it (gold solo q oce). and i report them constantly and maybe 1/100 reports ill get some kind of message "your report blah blah blah penalized" but i find these coincide with the "machine learning". for example if someone afks and i report them i get this "penalized" message. this leads me to believe that my reports have nothing to do with the ban. my issue is not that im LIMITED to post game, its that i MUST go the route of a ticket. i shouldnt have to send 4 tickets every game to riot support just to get replies back like "hey sometimes they are just having a bad game. try going for a walk" my points based system is much better than they current one
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: THE WINTER IS COMING! | FREEZE & STUN YOUR ENEMIES TILL DEATH!
Ornn (OCE)
: Draftpick perminant upvote
i like blind pick. its faster if ur leveling ur account and better for new players. i dont like draft pick because no one knows how to use it properly anyway. i only endure draft pick because i want to play ranked
: Explain.
mmr (mathmaking rating) determines who you are matched with. rank is irrelevant. so if bronze 1 and silver 1 have similar mmr they will get matched. longer wait times = wider mmr bracket.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Bookbash (OCE)
: I guess its because the meta changes so much. However there are instances that irk me like Kog'maw being recommended Trinity Force, which hasn't been a thing since Patch 5.22. Its best to make your own item pages imo, and leave the recommended builds to the newbies.
yes i agree its better to ignore recommended builds atm but we can change the circumstances by influencing riot
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

BurstFire304

Level 238 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion