Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I don't think it would really improve communication, I see no reason not to but also not much reason to do so. My comment was more disagreeing with MoonLord. I don't think anyone should be expected to learn a language to play a video game (with the exception of maybe pros) or even be expected to communicate in a particular language that may be difficult for them during their leisure time (though there isn't much reason to type at all if noone understands you). You can't copy paste in game chat anyway, and I wouldn't recommend alt tabbing even when you're dead, it's a bad habit to get into in normals and is a detriment in ranked. At the same time though I see no reason not to make it a possibility for those who can speak x language, I just don't see it ever being a priority.
i dont see it as a priority either. however it is objectively better for people to at least see characters rather than random white squares even if you only understand one word of chinese or korean. i also agree that the language barrier should not exist in video games - thats the beauty of them. a chinese student shouldnt have to learn english just to type to his lol teammates - pings exist for a reason.
Rioter Comments
: Not to mention Aus has a significant Mandarin speaking populace (and a whole bunch of different Europe), and NZ of course has Maori which a lot of kids at least learn in school for a little while. I might be able to speak German to a reasonable level but it's exhausting to do so. If I'm gonna sit down and take a break with a game of League, I'm not gonna want to sit there wracking my brain for translations. I never understood that kind of argument. Like ok so they can't chat with you in a video game, so what? You've still got pings why does it matter so much? I'm with you on this one.
sorry i might just be confused with your comment. do you think we should be able to read foreign characters or not?
: WHY CANT YOU LEARN ENGLISH??? The point of communication is so every 1 can understand. Why do people talks in their own langue in a team game and then expect others to go the extra mile to stranlate it?? Huh!? explain that.
i guess some of them dont understand english. some of them might only have asian keyboards. it might be too much for them to go to google translate. maybe they are just being rude. the reason they speak their language isnt really relevant to what im saying because i just want the ability to translate it to english. but yes there are certainly people who should really be speaking english and dont and those people are just rude.
Rioter Comments
LAKIGR (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=BurstFire304,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Gohdn2MU,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T19:50:15.834+0000) > > usually i time my alt + tabs when im dead/running to lane/waiting for gold so this isnt an issue if you use it right And instead of tabbing out your better off looking over the rest of the map to see if you can make a play somewhere when you respawn/finish waiting especially if your playing with a global/semi global ult or tp. Or you could miss out on valuable info about where the enemy jg/other champs are
if its a 20 second death timer and i have no global skills up then i will alt + tab. its easy to fill in the gaps between the last place you saw enemies and where they are after alt + tab.
LAKIGR (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=BurstFire304,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Gohdn2MU,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T22:58:44.585+0000) > > i would tab out to look up someones name or what they say in lobby/game. i already do this when asians add me after games. we have great analytical conversations even if we type our own languages. Yeah after game not in game, you tabbing out for even 30 seconds means you could miss an important team fight cost you the game
usually i time my alt + tabs when im dead/running to lane/waiting for gold so this isnt an issue if you use it right
TG dangeR (OCE)
: looking for coach for plat team
hello. i have some experience coaching teams. added you in game. atm just focused on being a player but experience is still good so i dont mind helping out :)
LAKIGR (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=BurstFire304,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Gohdn2MU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T04:57:56.792+0000) > > well google translate exists. also there could be people who understand chinese/korean that can relay it to the rest of the team. not just to make sure they arent being rude but also to understand what they are saying and have a convo. Or you can just keep English as the only language and and get the same results. No one is going to tab out in a game just to use google translate
i would tab out to look up someones name or what they say in lobby/game. i already do this when asians add me after games. we have great analytical conversations even if we type our own languages.
LAKIGR (OCE)
: 1 you would actually have to be able to read a foreign language for it to matter. And 2 It just means more work to make sure people aren’t saying rude stuff in a language people can’t read
well google translate exists. also there could be people who understand chinese/korean that can relay it to the rest of the team. not just to make sure they arent being rude but also to understand what they are saying and have a convo.
: LF a mid silver/ gold support player for flex / clash
gold 5 adc main. can play all roles to a gold level. solid shot calling. i added you in game.
Teasar (OCE)
: Looking for Gold/Plat - Mid/Top main for flex (Potentially Clash)
adc main gold 5. i can play all roles to a gold level. good shot calling. i added you in game.
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Honour isn't the fastest thing to level. It's taken me from the season reset to now to level up (and that's technically only 1 checkpoint not a whole level) so I think 1 month might be a bit ambitious. Keep playing positively and the honour will come with time. If you're being honoured, that's your game to game reward you know? You're team saying they respect you for one thing or another that game. Honour levels themselves are more of a long term goal.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

BurstFire304

Level 114 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion