: you seem to have a problem with anything under diamond
> [{quoted}](name=A Beard For All,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=J89aKL74,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-01T00:37:10.805+0000) > > you seem to have a problem with anything under ~~diamond~~ master Fixed that for you, it is season 9 and oce after all. It is interesting how many people downvoted the original post though, symptomatic of the community this season?
: Dont know how to win
A good idea is to scan your team before the game begins. If you can spot obvious problems, then you can dodge to save LP.
: Gameplay punishments (griefing, intent feeding, etc) are tricky. They can be slower to be punished than anyone would like because of the nature of intent. It's much easier to determine intent from chat than it is from gameplay. Saying "kys" is clear cut, going 1/10 not so much. That's not to say such behaviour doesn't get punished, just that it can, unfortunately, be slower to action. As for chat, BS like "kys" should always result in an escalated punishment. If it hasn't for whatever reason, that's one you want to pass onto [player support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to follow up. Be aware though that support can't give you *any* information about another player, explicit or implicit, so you will get a generic "thanks for your report" type response. As for the monetary perspective, happy consumers spend more money. Anyone with any shred of business sense can tell you that. It's in Riot's *financial* interest to police the community. They lose money by allowing toxicity, so even for the most selfish reason, they do care.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=9O0cAAdb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-29T12:56:36.018+0000) > > It's in Riot's *financial* interest to police the community. They lose money by allowing toxicity, so even for the most selfish reason, they do care. I find this hard to believe. It would be quite easy to have a tribunal of sorts or even paid job to police toxicity. But in their opinion that would not be financially viable, is what I'm thinking.
fishanus (OCE)
: WHERE IS FROGGEN? o.o{{champion:34}}
: I think these days you just have to mute all. Check out this history that got me a 14 day chat restriction: Game 1 Pre-Game Cakemeisting: they are 90% AP In-Game Cakemeisting: shje will cheese you Cakemeisting: 15 Cakemeisting: it helps if you know what champions do Cakemeisting: thats not shittalk Cakemeisting: its logic Cakemeisting: no Cakemeisting: but next game i will not be playkin Cakemeisting: a support like Cakemeisting: janna Cakemeisting: nami Cakemeisting: morgana Cakemeisting: or any "support" Cakemeisting: because hes replying to me Cakemeisting: good luck freezing after your tower dies Cakemeisting: jkinx and karma will be here soon Cakemeisting: back up jinx Cakemeisting: nio im not Cakemeisting: we defended the rift herald Cakemeisting: im not inting Cakemeisting: why would i go bot>?? Cakemeisting: nothing is bot Cakemeisting: just farm for jinx Cakemeisting: if she dies Cakemeisting: omg Cakemeisting: muting all Cakemeisting: no macro whatsoever Cakemeisting: nah dude Cakemeisting: you are silver because of macro Cakemeisting: btw they are comign Cakemeisting: because your TOWER IS NEXT Cakemeisting: anythign uinder masters in oce IS GARBAGE who cares bronze silver iron gold who cares Cakemeisting: improve your gamplay Cakemeisting: they would have got rift Cakemeisting: if i wasnt there Cakemeisting: now Cakemeisting: jinx died Cakemeisting: she was 0-5 Cakemeisting: WHO CARES Cakemeisting: now you can gank Cakemeisting: ya Cakemeisting: im zoning the karma Cakemeisting: so that the other monkey adc dies Cakemeisting: its called rotations warwick Cakemeisting: who cares Cakemeisting: waht rank we are Cakemeisting: its FACTS that matter Cakemeisting: and skill Cakemeisting: you do Cakemeisting: im not mad Cakemeisting: im logical. Cakemeisting: you talk shit, and you get logic back Cakemeisting: you needed to know why i flashed Cakemeisting: and i told you Cakemeisting: but now you are muted Cakemeisting: i havent got time to give free lessons Cakemeisting: and if you are duo with a lagging jinx Cakemeisting: dont do it Cakemeisting: waste of time Cakemeisting: see why does bot lane even matter Cakemeisting: shes not carrying Cakemeisting: bette to go elsewhere Cakemeisting: and get someone else ahead Cakemeisting: oh hes on mute he likes to argue for no reason and not even learn Cakemeisting: cool baron eh Cakemeisting: lmao Cakemeisting: guess where he is Cakemeisting: weedwick said something true? doubt it Cakemeisting: gg Post-Game Cakemeisting: do it then Cakemeisting: im only telling him logical things Cakemeisting: if he doesnt want to improve its doesnt matter Cakemeisting: if jinx cant freeze and not die under a toweer Cakemeisting: its too bad Cakemeisting: and if they come to tier 2 YOU GANK THEM Cakemeisting: like the first time Cakemeisting: when i zoned the karma Cakemeisting: thats why the support does not GO BOT WHEN THE TOWER DIES Cakemeisting: oh i did did i? Cakemeisting: look agaon That all from 1 game, when two duo players (jg and adc) were abusing me in chat and ping spamming, while the adc went 1-11 in lane or something. Btw I was Janna support and did more damage than the jungler. You just have to mute , or they gang up on you. I was so disgusted with their attitude that I closed the game before reporting them both. Seems like the system just goes off KDA. [Here is the opgg game score](https://i.imgur.com/Lbsm6uD.jpg). I also saved the vod.
I also think its interesting how the above can receive a suspension, but not some thread that I found from a few years ago: https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-strategy/7wr4Vhgs-are-these-traits-common-in-adcs-and-is-my-advice-on-the-right-track?comment=0000
: So, I was recently banned (14 days) and went to support. What a travesty.
I think these days you just have to mute all. Check out this history that got me a 14 day chat restriction: Game 1 Pre-Game Cakemeisting: they are 90% AP In-Game Cakemeisting: shje will cheese you Cakemeisting: 15 Cakemeisting: it helps if you know what champions do Cakemeisting: thats not shittalk Cakemeisting: its logic Cakemeisting: no Cakemeisting: but next game i will not be playkin Cakemeisting: a support like Cakemeisting: janna Cakemeisting: nami Cakemeisting: morgana Cakemeisting: or any "support" Cakemeisting: because hes replying to me Cakemeisting: good luck freezing after your tower dies Cakemeisting: jkinx and karma will be here soon Cakemeisting: back up jinx Cakemeisting: nio im not Cakemeisting: we defended the rift herald Cakemeisting: im not inting Cakemeisting: why would i go bot>?? Cakemeisting: nothing is bot Cakemeisting: just farm for jinx Cakemeisting: if she dies Cakemeisting: omg Cakemeisting: muting all Cakemeisting: no macro whatsoever Cakemeisting: nah dude Cakemeisting: you are silver because of macro Cakemeisting: btw they are comign Cakemeisting: because your TOWER IS NEXT Cakemeisting: anythign uinder masters in oce IS GARBAGE who cares bronze silver iron gold who cares Cakemeisting: improve your gamplay Cakemeisting: they would have got rift Cakemeisting: if i wasnt there Cakemeisting: now Cakemeisting: jinx died Cakemeisting: she was 0-5 Cakemeisting: WHO CARES Cakemeisting: now you can gank Cakemeisting: ya Cakemeisting: im zoning the karma Cakemeisting: so that the other monkey adc dies Cakemeisting: its called rotations warwick Cakemeisting: who cares Cakemeisting: waht rank we are Cakemeisting: its FACTS that matter Cakemeisting: and skill Cakemeisting: you do Cakemeisting: im not mad Cakemeisting: im logical. Cakemeisting: you talk shit, and you get logic back Cakemeisting: you needed to know why i flashed Cakemeisting: and i told you Cakemeisting: but now you are muted Cakemeisting: i havent got time to give free lessons Cakemeisting: and if you are duo with a lagging jinx Cakemeisting: dont do it Cakemeisting: waste of time Cakemeisting: see why does bot lane even matter Cakemeisting: shes not carrying Cakemeisting: bette to go elsewhere Cakemeisting: and get someone else ahead Cakemeisting: oh hes on mute he likes to argue for no reason and not even learn Cakemeisting: cool baron eh Cakemeisting: lmao Cakemeisting: guess where he is Cakemeisting: weedwick said something true? doubt it Cakemeisting: gg Post-Game Cakemeisting: do it then Cakemeisting: im only telling him logical things Cakemeisting: if he doesnt want to improve its doesnt matter Cakemeisting: if jinx cant freeze and not die under a toweer Cakemeisting: its too bad Cakemeisting: and if they come to tier 2 YOU GANK THEM Cakemeisting: like the first time Cakemeisting: when i zoned the karma Cakemeisting: thats why the support does not GO BOT WHEN THE TOWER DIES Cakemeisting: oh i did did i? Cakemeisting: look agaon That all from 1 game, when two duo players (jg and adc) were abusing me in chat and ping spamming, while the adc went 1-11 in lane or something. Btw I was Janna support and did more damage than the jungler. You just have to mute , or they gang up on you. I was so disgusted with their attitude that I closed the game before reporting them both. Seems like the system just goes off KDA. [Here is the opgg game score](https://i.imgur.com/Lbsm6uD.jpg). I also saved the vod.
: Slamming the ban hammer on OOL and OCS players.
Players who aren't in the OPL have been in a bad situation for a while now. Without a proper infrastructure and funding, this will continue to be the case.
Wolves (OCE)
: Warwick Abilities Got released today.
[Looks like Ziggs might be breakfast.](http://i.imgur.com/yDpAYwI.jpg)
HeartVine (OCE)
: Heartbroken
No Jayce, LeBlanc or Rengar changes this patch either. muahahaha
: NURF was the April Fools joke and was the return of URF that year and not an actual gamemode. Nemesis Draft is rather unpopular and a generally unhealthy queue so likely they want to rework it before they put it back in the queue on amore regular basis, though we may see it sporadically until then.
Nemesis draft is cool! Kids have to learn to think for a change :)
: Are these traits common in ADC's and is my advice on the right track?
Good advice that low elo adcs need to follow to win.
: The schedule hasn't changes in it's format since the queues changed. We had LotPK for so long because it's Snowdown and it was a traditionally Snowdown gamemode, just as we had Doom Bots for Harrowing. The reason modes like URF don't see much time on the RGM queue is because it's a mode that people get burnt out on very quickly, so having more time between its appearances means more enjoyment for everyone once it does come back.
What about N.U.R.F. ? And Nemesis mode? They hardly get a go.
: The RGM queue schedule is the same on all regions.
Perhaps, but it seems to be driven by this phenomenon :)
Tele (OCE)
: I've seen bot programs which act as an entirely separate program (they're fairly common actually), they process simple information on the screen and then control the mouse to move around. It never touches the actual game files which makes it essentially impossible to detect. Even just coding your scripts in ring0 makes detecting you so much harder. Every game company struggles with this for a reason, it's really not that straightforward. If you're not realistic when making demands like this, it doesn't really help anyone TBH.
That's good new that they are hiring anti-cheat analysts, I'd apply for this job if it were in Oceania. And yes the only defence to some forms of cheating is good old human logic. For example, a simple example is using that fact that a player's mouse cannot be in two or more places at the same time.
Rengorax (OCE)
: All I ask is if I'm 1v5ing taking an inhib down and succeeding instead of wandering around in the enemy jungle take a baron or dragon, or at least some kind of objective.
Yep, it's not too much to ask, is it? If they changed their mindset from "see an enemy, chase an enemy" to "how can the team get the next objective" they wouldn't be low elo for long.
: Don't worry, that makes you even safer! Your Brand/Syndra/Vel'koz ignite support with deathcap and ludens, will have killed Yasuo ages ago.
^ This. If they didn't peel back for the backline, they need to improve their team fighting. But if you are 1 on 1 as adc, you're pretty much toast.
: Rotating game mode rant
They mostly put the least popular modes on OCE because it would distract the playerbase away from the ranked queues if they had the popular ones.
Qilli (OCE)
: They haven't played for like a year, the rank was s5 not s6.
Exactly, and considering they said they were diamond 2, but the account placed silver 4 in season 5 by feeding their way through placements and then didnt play another game, they probably just bought the account and are now learning how to play league. Looks like they feed on everyone, but are just learning how to play Lux, who they haven't fed **as much** on. As for the Ahri, thats just a normal bronzer/troller who has no clue what the support role means. I think for promos, Riot gives you shitters on your team, so that you have to demonstrate that you can carry yourself up a division. Happens to me often also (which is not great for a support main).
blashblah (OCE)
: by the time i wait, team fight will be over. I good yas wall will cancel me out for 4 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=blashblah,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=lEqivFyZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-12-25T11:22:08.190+0000) > > by the time i wait, team fight will be over. I good yas wall will cancel me out for 4 seconds. If its in a team fight, your "support" will be taking care of the yasuo charging at you. Oh wait, this is OCE.
: Counterplaying Yi
Teamwork is the best advice in this thread. This includes communicating where he is, warding often, and target focus in fights. And remember not to take a 5 v 4 fight if you'll only barely win it, because he will come through and hammer you all in a clean-up. Why is YI broken in low elo? You get the idea.
: Bots
There's so many in ARAM and Co-op vs AI games.
Rengorax (OCE)
: That's the mindset I've adopted recently, I have to do it myself if I really am better than low elo, and already within like 2 days I got to silver after a year and a half in bronze. I have noticed myself carrying a lot more games. My point is I WILL inevitably win the game, but my team thinks I should be participating in their shenanigans. Even when I pick out a good time to team fight and stunning and blasting people, they still get confused when I switch targets to prioritize more valuable people. Basically I don't waste time in a fight. It's not that they are bad and I can't win, it's that the pings are so annoying.
Good thread. Low elo certainly have no concepts of strategy. This includes 1) Objectives priority 2) Target Priority 3) Roles (in general, and in fights), and the biggest one of all, 4) Map pressure. I guess if they started to understand these, they wouldn't be low elo. Low elo think they just have to master a champion and the game is easy. "I'll carry", "I'll win lane guaranteed, I'm Yasuo", "I have a 90% winrate on Twisted Fate". This may be true, but if it is WHY ARE YOU STILL IN LOW ELO? "I always do better than my teammates, i go 10-8-20 while they always feed and we lose the game! It's not fair, i'm in elo hell". Nah bro you didn't 1) Roam to help other lanes, 2) Push HARDER to use your extra items and draw enemies to you and away from your team, 3) Contest objectives, 4) Ward enough to spot ganks, and probably the biggest one, 5) TELL YOUR TEAMMATES WHAT YOUR NEXT PLAN OF ACTION WILL BE IN THE GAME So yeah they fed, but YOU cost the TEAM the game. YOU LOST. YOU. They were a bunch of imbeciles but YOU didn't carry. YOU LOST THE GAME. "But Singed went 0-10-0, how can you say that it was my fault?" While it took the enemies 30 seconds to kill him every time, you did NOTHING to help the TEAM. YOU LOST. YOU. ================================================================== So yeah those pings are dumb. After someone dies, there's no point pinging them if they made a mistake, or in most cases the pinger themselves made a mistake and then thought "I'm pinging them because I knew you'd die" instead of actually helping them fight because the person taking it understood the power spikes, the mana and health levels, the vision control and heaps of stuff that the pinger didn't even consider. If Singed or Udyr is going ham, he's doing it for a reason. You can stand around watching him die, or you can use your low elo dumbarse brain to actually play the game. He's either going ham because you can assist him, or hes going ham so that you can PUSH AND GET OBJECTIVES. If you did nothing while he died, and he's not feeding on purpose, then it was YOUR FAULT THAT HE JUST DIED **FOR NOTHING**. Just think more, stop stupid pinging to point out WHAT YOUR DUMB BRONZE BRAIN THOUGHT TO DEMORALIZE YOUR TEAMMATE, and get on with the game.
Essembie (OCE)
: Snog marry avoid
> [{quoted}](name=Essembie,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=uoE0WrZ3,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-12-26T22:16:11.558+0000) > > Snog - sivir. Wouldn't trust as wife but she'd be pretty cool to hang with. She'll take your money, then ult. > Marry - vi. Bad girl gone good. Fists a worry. Yeah, might need to call O'Briens if you have an argument. > Avoid - jinx. Too much crazy. I'd risk it.
: why is rengar still as broken as he was in the asassin update?
: Some poeple do not know what they should do after losing a lane, and yes, that is their problem, but is helping a laner snowball and making sure you have your laners in a good spot good for the jungler as well as the laner a bad thing? I've seen a lot of Junglers miss an opportunity to gank an Ignite Pantheon when instead they would rather gank the Leblanc and in return get nothing out of the ganks. This was not a cry for help to Junglers that they MUST win their laners lane, it is to make sure that Junglers make the right choice when choosing to gank. -Wast3land (Top laner)
Good calls in this thread. Most of all you hope that the jungler has a brain and doesn't do silly things like gifting a fed Zed a double kill just because their duo mate is losing their lane to Zed, when other lanes are shoved under their own towers.
Peasy (OCE)
: Challenger Jacket Sizes?
Trade with k1ng - he's probably got a few jackets lying around that you'd fit into.
: Creep Score (cs)
> [{quoted}](name=XxdatpoisenxX,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=duR8YZ1E,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-12-24T09:36:00.686+0000) > > Whats a good cs score It's a score that lets you be ahead of your lane opponent in terms of items throughout the game.
Just4Mee (OCE)
: Looking for Silver 5 50lp + support main to duo with on arams
: Hey **Essemble**, As a friendly reminder you are not aloud to "name and shame" on the boards. We know that players report publicly with the best intentions, but it often leads to a witch-hunt, rarely resulting in a positive discussion. If you want to post something like this, make sure to blur the names out of the image or some other editing technique. Naming and shaming again will land you a temporary ban on the boards.
But in this case he didn't "name and shame" anyone. He just posted an in-game picture. So there is no witch hunt happening.
Arkangyle (OCE)
: League during school holidays
I wonder if this is the reason my last 7 teams in a row have been full of jonny jackers.
JohnPhan (OCE)
: Looking For Support Main For Flex Queue
I am a support main. If **_you'd like the opposition team to have an additional bad player in it_**, then add me. I only play Flex Queue ranked.
: Dude I completely understand his viewpoint. The ping has been upwards of 300 for three weeks and people who've posted on the boards have gotten jack shit responses.
Ping times have been quite high during the latest patch for many users that are using wifi. I've spectated games, and I've been in games were lots of players say "2000 ping!" and I confirm that they are either on wifi, or some other sibling of theirs is using the internet at the same time. Whether the current patch has escalated this situation is unknown, but it does seem suspiciously to be the case.
: One month later, I can say that I'm sick of getting supports who both **DON'T WANT TO** and **CAN'T** play support. It is making playing ADC a headache, and I rather wait the extra time, even 10-15 mins during offpeak times to get someone who actually wants to play the role. I don't care if I get autofilled myself, if noone wants to trade I just lock in support Yasuo and just wait for someone to dodge. And if they don't: {{champion:157}}__{{summoner:3}} {{summoner:4}}_ _{{item:3050}} {{item:3107}} {{item:2045}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3190}} {{item:3111}} If some gets autofilled, that means that everyone else has got the role they want and will be less inclined to swap since, they most likely got their role because they have autofill protection and don't want to waste it. Ranked is no longer based on pick order for the roles, meaning that autofill is the new last pick. But back then the last 2-3 picks could swap the roles around as they like since most likely all of them didn't get the role they wanted and are more willing to compremise to get the best players on the remaining roles. Now days 4 people get the role they want, and no one wants to swap anymore with the support. I can play support, in fact I can play every role, but I don't want to pick fill and every game have to support. **If I picked fill and it gave me any of the other roles, the same one 80% of the time, even my main ADC, I would stop filling.** I prefer to have a more even spread across the roles then getting the same role over and over if I pick fill. And that is a problem for both fill and autofill. getting the one role over and over. I haven't heard anyone complain about getting autofilled jungle or top yet, but I have twice got top from just filling back in dynamic queue. If you could just remove autofill for lower elos again, more people might take up support in **their own time** to, you know, **learn the role.** Back with the older dynamic queue we could play the same 2 roles over and over to master a small selection of champs, and climb. Now everyone who wants to seriously climb has to either: 1. main support 2. put support as their secondary and get support 90% of the time anyway. 3. Get autofilled 50% of the time they don't have autofill protection and essentially have to play 3 roles. I'd like to say though, keep up with making other incentives to play fill or support. Where you put extra champs on free rotation that were supports/off-meta supports was a good idea. (Others I've come up with: 50% Ip boost, one guaranteed key frag for winning a filled game each day, IP discount on champs/rune pages) _I'm only replying to this old tread since it is the only Red post reply to the topic of autofill and all others seem to be ignored. And your time is valuable, we get it._
> [{quoted}](name=Buttsubushi,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=F6a4bMs5,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2016-12-19T18:17:38.226+0000) > > I can play support, in fact I can play every role, but I don't want to pick fill and every game have to support. Last year fill was 90% of the time placed into the support role. This year it seems to be more like 70%, with the missing 20% going to ADC. Possibly this is because more people are hating the adc role with autofill supports. I no longer queue as "Fill" because the reason I play or even learnt the support role was to avoid bad players in this role. Also because after watching the Season 4 World Championship, I was inspired by Mata's play. He had the most likeable playstyle out of the other pro players, for me. For now I put in "Support-Mid" to get support. Autofill was introduced to reduce queue times (especially in lower population servers). It's a pity that this has shown up OCE's greatest weakness - most of the server don't know how to support (this also translates to that most of the server don't know how the game works). And now that they need to learn the role to survive, albeit for one game at a time, we are seeing more threads like this. > [{quoted}](name=Buttsubushi,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=F6a4bMs5,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2016-12-19T18:17:38.226+0000) > > One month later, I can say that I'm sick of getting supports who both **DON'T WANT TO** and **CAN'T** play support. It is making playing ADC a headache, and I rather wait the extra time, even 10-15 mins during offpeak times to get someone who actually wants to play the role. Like I've said in a previous thread, Riot should put a little option next to your selections in champion select. It can say "I'm prepared to wait for however long it takes to get one of my assigned roles, and I agree not to complain about waiting times. Tick this box to confirm." There are simple solutions to the games problems. Until Riot figures them out, you'll have to figure out how to cope with the current situation.
Gesteppie (OCE)
: Matchmaking has never been random, but it does seem random after the Season "soft reset" because everyone isn't in the tiers that they previously were. Which makes matching seem random. These are the 3 simplified things match making basically does. 1. Your team will never be outside 5 teirs of each other. So lets take a Silver 3 person. He can either be in a game with people up to Gold 3, leaving him at the lowest point, or in a team with people down to Bronze 3, leaving him at the highest point. 2. The "average" mmr of each team will always be closely within each other, BUT the match making system will ALWAYS favour one team over the other. Like Blue team could have a mixture of Bronze and Silver players, and Red team could have a mixture of Silver and Gold players. Its not always as radical as that; most games will have teams within the same rank as each other. BUT this can make the game seem "unfair" and be more difficult to play. 3. HOWEVER, if the "favoured" team loses, there is a much greater reward for the "unfavoured" team in extra lp and a harder loss for the "favoured", losing extra lp. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Lets put my point into more context here. One. A player who was Platinum last season but now because they are in Silver 2 after placements can be matched with Bronzes. People will say their mmr is high but they were placed lower. Well why not tell matchmaking this also! Also a player who is Bronze 4 can be in a game with a player who is Gold 1 (on their team). On the opposition team they will have Bronzes and Silvers. Gold 1s are generally not boosted bonobos like Gold 5 players. Is that fair? I still don't see the point of resetting ranks at the end of the season. If you are bad with a new patch, your mmr will slowly decline to it's proper levels. But resetting everything always upsets the lowest and the highest extremes of the ranking population. Challenger have to play monkeys and Bronzes now have to play with woods. Challengers will climb because their monkey teammates have some basics on how the game works. Bronzes will take forever to climb because their teammates don't, and they are not godlike enough players to burn a bunch of wood in the elo hell fireplace. As I've stated on a previous thread, a 200 point mmr difference at low elo is negligible while a 200 point mmr difference at high elo is very decisive. Two. In this case the Golds and Silver team will beat the Silvers and Bronze team more than 75% of the time. Thats how elo works, unless players are boosted and their rankings are not accurate. So why not make the matchmaking system WAIT until players are around similar levels, rather than waste 20 minutes of everyone's time? Three. This is true, but who cares if you win a meagre amount of points, or lose a meagre amount? It's essentially a waste of time for both teams. Matchmaking should be there to find similarly SKILLED teams so that the game is actually a contest. With this in mind, the matchmaking is as close to random as I've ever seen in in 2.5 seasons of play. Hence what YellowBrickRoad is doing is cutting through the Riot PR bullshit and actually proving that matchmaking is flawed. I would think that matchmaking would be far more accurate if divisions were not implemented, and players just had their mmr number next to their names, like in chess, where their elo is displayed. I guess Riot decided not to display this number incase of bad matchmaking? Or was it to cushion the blow for some players who were embarrassed about their mmr number, when in reality its just a form guide and they should not worry about it, only about improving their game. One thing's for sure: the level of play on the OCE server in every tier is pathetic and has been in a steady decline for 2 years. Even Coach Jish (Chiefs head coach to those who don't know) has to make his own group so that pro players can get proper competition! This is because Challenger games are riddled with low Diamond and Platinum guys that are just easybeats, and no, i'm not talking about the start of the season. Riot should keep things simple so as to not upset the majority of the players (on OCE we are talking about 75% of the server being under Silver 2 level). I'm giving this game one more year to sort itself out. If it doesn't, I'm gone, which is a shame because the game itself has a very good concept and some nice quirks. But the constant meddling with it just ruins the experience. Go back to **solo queue mode where there is no duoing possible**, and if you want more people to team up, bring back ranked 5s teams again! That will stop all of this mmr bullshit happening. Riot should also seriously consider a legacy mode, where you can go back to certain patches and play. I guess they won't do this for Oceania, due to our low server population, but I'd be interested to see what would happen on higher population servers. I could bet that a lot of people would skip any patches with 5.xx and 6.xx in them. This game used to be really fun to play, but the constant meddling with systems (e.g. dynamic queue) that are a quick fix but a long term nightmate causes the community morale to seriously drop. I've never seen so much hate talk in games than in the current state it is in.
: I'm obviously not going to convince you. I see the system working in the vast majority of cases. You see the system not working at all. Speaking in absolutes is hardly going to get us anywhere and it only invalidates arguments. I don't think the system is perfect. I do think that player should get a 14 day ban if he hasn't been punished before. I don't think he is intent-ing every game, nor even most games. I don't think he has been doing this for 3 years.
That was a day ago, but it seems like the system is not working in this players case. According to op.gg they int in each flex queue game. [Have a look here.](http://imgur.com/a/wyyKi) If you see their op.gg, they are a reasonable player, but just intentionally feed in flex queue, perhaps to have a laugh between their solo and flex rankings? Who knows. Anyways, the system is not working is the point.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cakemeisting,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=srdk4vnR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-17T09:05:04.872+0000) > > I'd agree with this, except that rankings are all random right now. Simply use last season's rank as a measure in the meantime.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=srdk4vnR,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-12-19T16:05:48.895+0000) > > Simply use last season's rank as a measure in the meantime. Dynamic queue is the reason why they are random. I'll use season 5 as the yardstick.
Vhaegor (OCE)
: Why are bronze to gold players dropped down during placements?
I'm curious if other online games do it like this also? Or just in LoL?
Fitzky (OCE)
: YellowBrickRoad complaining about matchmaking isn't very shocking either
Wasn't he the guy that said he had made his last post on these boards, a few weeks ago? ;)
traloop (OCE)
: New client sucks
Won't be using the new client until forced to.
: Don't backtalk those higher elo than yourselves.
I'd agree with this, except that rankings are all random right now.
: different is Twitch u can still see him if u close to him. Akali, is just a cancer now , what about those cham who don't have a AOE Skill, or NOT HAVE THE LUCK OF HIT THE SKILL SHOT ON THAT W, CAUSE THAT RANGE IS TOO BAG, AND LAST SUPER LONG. THIS MAKES AKALI ALMOST INPOSIBALE TO GANK OR KILL, AND SHE CAN GET AWAY AFTER SHE DEAL FREE DAMAGE THIS IS TOTALY NORE FAIR TO OTHER CHAMS
If Sion is ulting through her W she would need to move sooner or later.
: So ive been experimenting this season and quite frankly this isnt very shocking.
The Artful Dodger is probably a good strategy. Sucks that you have to do it, but yeah matchmaking is pretty random right now.
: Can any one tell me what can u do when Alkali W?????
If you have a champion that can use an ability that does not rely on vision to use it, do that. For example, Brand W, Morgana R. Otherwise yeah you can try to hit skillshots in no vision, or wait it out. One interaction that i like in the S7 vision changes is when Twitch is trying to stealth and I can Karma W him. He's not getting away :)
Tele (OCE)
: We have very few active Rioters on the OCE boards, so even if I had left the names in your post, the chances a Rioter would have got to it was fairly low. That's another reason why I always recommend people send in reports like this to [Riot Support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) where it will get handed directly to a Rioter. If you don't care enough to send in a ticket then I really can't help you there :(
Hire me, I'll do the job.
Zorphiax (OCE)
: I've never been auto-filled either. Wait I know why... I que with Support/fill
I queue with Fill. I cringe when I get ADC though...
Zorphiax (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Worrior697,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=KnfHXZGE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-12-06T09:17:24.977+0000) > > I main support on this account for a while. I went from S4 to B3 then to B5. > On my other account I am S3. > > So when you say the least wanted role I say. > > RIOT HAS FRAGGED IT BAD WHEN IT COMES TO SUPPORT. Supports are just put in anywhere and every where. Instead of being placed with teams that are on the same skill level. I main support went from bronze 4 to silver 3 in 2 days. Riot don't have anything against summoners that play support.
> [{quoted}](name=Zahe Jr,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=KnfHXZGE,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2016-12-06T22:59:14.368+0000) > > I main support went from bronze 4 to silver 3 in 2 days. Proof? I'd say that's an extremely lucky climb.
: People trying to sell elo boosting (A report)
The incentive to catch cheaters and elo boosters is very minimal for the average player. Why would they waste time sending in a report ticket? It would be nicer if the new client had a way of sending in a report on certain chats that happen in the client. But I can understand why this probably won't be implemented: The trade of for Riot hiring staff to deal with the many more reports vs dealing with the current level of boosters is probably not great for them. I did see a booster on some website that was a known OCE player though in high diamond. It's remarkable that Riot doesn't just hire 1 guy to go around boosting sites, getting their accounts boosted just to nail some of these people. I guess there's no real interest to catch boosters because boosted animals are the type of people to spend money on merchandise from Riot itself anyways. Edit: I forgot to say that I saw this boosting website where you could ask your booster to play certain roles and champions for a little extra money. You could seriously troll the booster if you went into a duo-queue arrangement (so they can't script on your account). See how good they really are in elo hell divisions {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: OCE will never be relevant on a global stage simply because we don't have anyone who can perform at that level and likely never will. No disrespect to the teams that try, but we're below brazil in terms of global relevance.
> [{quoted}](name=HierosGodhead,realm=OCE,application-id=ATM3HYki,discussion-id=8jZP95le,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-14T15:20:41.546+0000) > > OCE will never be relevant on a global stage simply because we don't have anyone who can perform at that level and likely never will. The question is why. I don't think "never will" is realistic. Nationality or Region has nothing to do with it. Like Lakigr says, we need to play the best to be the best. We also need better training and better commitment, which boils down to better funding really if you think about it. So the Dire Wolves getting in practice now is great for them! i just thought it was funny that a challenger didn't understand why the match was turning. I guess he's young (only 18) and has a lot to learn, which is fine.
Tomo7182 (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cakemeisting,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=xWgIUK8c,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-12-14T12:45:40.907+0000) > > Camille looks broken. Watched PantsAreDragon destroy a team with her. Is her E really on a 6 second cooldown at maximum rank? She is not broken she is the same as master yi if you just cc them they can't do anything. As regards to pants are dragons video on the pbe camille the pbe has all of its players in different ranks combined into 1 queue so he was most likely verse alot of lower elo players.
I think they changed her E to be 12 sec cooldown at max rank, since that video on the PBE. But yeah i think she will become stronger when people know how to play her. Kinda like Ekko when he was first released, people in low elo would feed, but then he became a monster.
ShapeSter (OCE)
: how do ppl win 7/10 place gold 4 but i win 8/10 and i get placed s4? i was ranked higher last season.
Could be random, or they could be playing people with much lower mmr.
Show more

Cakemeisting

Level 41 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion