Rioter Comments
Hejibeji (OCE)
: Mouse speed muscle memory
Depends on how much you play. 2 days to a week for me usually. That said, try to stick to the same brand of mouse because apps like Razer Synapse let you save profiles to the cloud that will retain the DPI for your mouse. I've used 4 different models/generations of Razer Nagas and kept the same DPI for ~6-7 years.
: > [{quoted}](name=DarkSoul1994,realm=OCE,application-id=wJE2nAgV,discussion-id=NsQkFUfQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-20T23:28:35.474+0000) > > Nice theory, but Nocturne is a Demon - an anomaly created as a consequence of the reckless use of World Runes in the Rune War. Originally, Ezreal created him after continuous nightmares in an attempt to cure them, however it went wrong and Noc was released on the world (the very original Noc lore) he technically wasn't even classified as a demon then rather a realised form of literal nightmares
Back in the days when 'Demon' was a description rather than a literal Demon.
: aww okie! i guess the question's finally answered!{{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
I mean, it's easy enough to prove that Nocturne's not a Darkin without knowing that he's a demon. A Darkin is a single entity. Nocturne has 2 blades. You cannot trap a single entity in multiple weapons.
: wait where does it say this in the lore lul i never knew
https://i.gyazo.com/3986c88279f099e5b2fccbcfeff82064.jpg Nocturne is a Demon (yes, even in the current lore). We learned that from the Map on the Universe page of the LoL website. Demons were created as a by-product of the Rune Wars. We learned that from Evelynn's Bio. I'm just putting two and two together. Nocturne is definitely a Demon, probably (but not necessarily) created by the Rune Wars.
: Is Nocturne a Darkin?
Nice theory, but Nocturne is a Demon - an anomaly created as a consequence of the reckless use of World Runes in the Rune War.
Aneirin (OCE)
: Did... did you even read the page? "Hecarim is pretty weak currently, but we want to be careful about how we buff him. A bit more extended dps should help him shine in the mid-game"
Pretty sure he's referring to the Celerity nerf and I agree. Riot took % MS off it and increased the MS to AD/AP conversion, then lowered the MS to AD/AP conversion in this patch instead of just reverting the original change.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Quinncest (OCE)
: To all Quinn players
Maybe try something like Stormrazor -> Shiv -> IE. You used to be able to go Ghostblade, Duskblade, Shiv, IE but that's probably not as good after the marksman changes.
Quinncest (OCE)
: Your Ban Picks And Why
{{champion:163}} {{champion:8}} Actual decent bans. If you let the Enemy Team have these champions you probably deserve to watch them curb stomp you for the next 20-40 minutes.
: U guys got lucky. I also got it but from a hextech chest 2 months ago. It would've been a coincidence man, my friend got spirit guard udyr from his orb. It's just random and u all got lucky :)
tbh I think the orbs & chests during this event are just being incredibly generous. I got Dreadnova Darius out of a Lion Orb this morning.
: Missions not working?????
Yeah these missions bugged a few times for me. Just keep playing games and you'll get them done in no time.
HeartVine (OCE)
: Ultimate (and Mythic) skins are automatically made permanent skins shards, as per a relatively recent update to how Hextech crafting works, so there's no bug here. Source: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207884233 (Hextech Crafting Guide)
Still doesn't explain how me and 2 of my friends all got GG MF on the same day. Maybe it's just a huge coincidence, but it's one HELL of a coincidence.
Rioter Comments
: Something wrong with the queues today?
Generally after like 10 minutes you assume something is wrong with your internet connection, ISP, or Riot's servers. Who in their right mind sits in a queue for 70 minutes?
Rioter Comments
Gehirn (OCE)
: Hi ToshiroT1. We ran tests in regions all over the world and they didn't go as well as we'd hoped. Since then, the Clash dev team has been planning what’s next for the mode, and that planning wrapped up recently. So we should have an update on the future of Clash in a little while.
TL;DR - Dead on Arrival
belquin (OCE)
: Hey DarkSoul and others interested in this topic. It's definitely a hotly discussed one internally too and you guys have provided some solid strategies of how to adjust and target different goals. Our main approach when doing a skin giveaway is to give players who may not currently watch the OPL an opportunity to tune in and have a look. The hope is that some people actually enjoy it and end up following a team / player or just the league. Of course it is also nice to reward existing OPL viewers, but you are right - there are better ways for us to reward current viewers. Once again, we do really appreciate the thoughts, it gives us a valuable perspective and forces a discussion on our end.
OPL viewership will only grow naturally. That starts with player development and infrastructure improvement (can't watch a stream if your internet is shit). People won't watch OPL if they're looking for quality gameplay (right now), especially when it's in the same time slot as LPL and LCK. You can't bait players into watching OPL with a skin thinking they'll suddenly find it entertaining. I was around in 2013 during the first season of NA LCS (which is basically where we're at right now). Viewers will care about players, then teams, then the overall strength of the league (specifically in that order) and it's only going to happen naturally as the region starts producing better players and/or players with a bigger presence in the community. I need to have a player I can rally behind. In the short term, this means building up player personalities. In the long term, this means having a higher volume of players with a level of skill worthy of a viewer's attention. You can't buy viewers. For the time being, just stick to rewarding the ones you already have.
Aneirin (OCE)
: Personally I'd love a system like that. So far the reasoning against it is that people might use it to try and work out what negative behaviours goes unpunished to game the system - not sure if I agree or not but that's the official word so far.
The only real issue would be if players were able to use the information to make a CBL.
Aneirin (OCE)
: You're correct, this is an issue. I've heard that Riot Tantram is working on some update to the honour/feedback system or something so here's hoping that it's an issue that'll be dealt with.
Adding visibility to punishments shouldn't be that hard. Right now if 3 people report a toxic player each game they're toxic, and it takes 10 games of toxicity for them to get a punishment, each player has a 1 in 30 chance of being notified that the player has been punished (this is my understanding of the current system). This is unacceptable. When you report a player, the client should keep track of it in a list. Highlight reports resulting in punishments in red (maybe red for bans and orange for chat restrictions/suspensions), reports not resulting in punishments in green, and reports yet to be reviewed in yellow. Players profiles should also have an overlay indicating that they're suspended or banned.
: WE ALL SHOULD JOIN TOGETHER AND FORCE THEM TO CHANGE THE PLAYER BANNING SYSTEM.
1. That's not how reporting works. 1 report will flag the game no differently to 4 reports. 2. If you were being toxic enough in response to toxic behavior, the ban was probably warranted anyway. A grown up would just mute the toxic player(s) and move on. 3. The issue isn't that players aren't getting banned, it's that it's incredibly rare that any of us actually get informed that a player we reported has been punished. This, I agree, is a problem that needs to be rectified.
Aneirin (OCE)
: IFS popup is rare, not something you get every time a report is processed.
Therein lies the problem. Even when players **_do_** get punished, the community's perception is that these players are getting away with toxic behavior.
Rioter Comments
: They aren't rewarding viewers they are trying to grow it. Although yes the numbers drops significantly after the giveaway, there may be a few hundred people who watch the games and think "huh, this isn't as trash as i'm led to believe". You also don't have the exact numbers in terms of average viewership and the like for the OPL. OPL sitting on 5k viewers is pretty good considering the the GRAND FINAL last season maxed out at 5,602 viewers on twitch. http://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/46273272-opl/streams You're also saying Riot "lost" 30k, but that assumes the people who received the skin for free had the intention to purchase. The skins don't have a monetary value if no one was going to buy it in the first place.
It's at 3k tonight after another Infernal Drake... See the pattern?
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
tieger05 (OCE)
: Riot is breaching the Australian Consumer Law (Please Read).
What is false or misleading about it? A server bugged out resulting in cancellation of a bunch of games. At no point did Riot mislead the player base or promote the event with false advertising. Hell, Riot doesn't even profit directly off Clash this time around because a) we got free tickets, and b) tickets can be purchased with BE. Build a bridge. EDIT: Not to mention Riot has already compensated the players who randomly got assigned a loss by refunding clash tickets.
Xnether (OCE)
: Well rip me,i main gangplank. {{item:3031}} {{item:3036}} {{item:1018}} its fine tho, ill just have to build a pd or statiik before IE
I hope you realise the meta GP build for the last 5 months has been {{item:3078}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3142}}
: A nice general article from 6 months ago: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-21/understanding-esports-how-the-afl-is-involved
That's a little bit too general though (and likely outdated as of this partnership). They clearly had no idea what they were doing at the time that article was written because: 1. We don't have the OPL fan base to fill a stadium - even for finals. 2. We would probably have to pay (similar to how we bid for FIFA WC/Olympics/Commonwealth Games) for something like MSI or World Championships to come to Australia which is the only way we're gonna fill a stadium. 3. We need a studio for weekly OPL games in the first place (which they just announced along with their partnership with Riot Games). 4. Does Australia even have the network infrastructure to host something like MSI or World Championships (assuming we even had an appropriate venue)? I'm asking beyond this. I'm asking will we have franchising for OPL in a few years? Has the AFL realised how harmful it would be to try to make a Women's LoL League?
  Rioter Comments
: Why does she look like the old Nidalee Splash Art?
This shit is haunting.
: Who is Riven? Illustrated Bio
Why does she look like the old Nidalee Splash Art?
: Who is Yasuo? Illustrated Bio
Why does he look like Beetlejuice Green?
HeartVine (OCE)
: Clearly this needs to be said *yet again*, the IFS *does not* notify *every* player who contributed a report to a punished player. It will notify only the most recent (specifically, those in the game that triggers the punishment, maybe even only one of those), and only those who reported for the behaviour (or, rather, category) that got punished. Just because you don't receive a notification for it doesn't mean the player wasn't punished.
That's the problem though. If someone tells me to 'kill myself' and I report them, they should be banned within minutes. If the automated system was doing its job, I should be the most recent person to have reported them and I should have been the one to trigger the automated chat log check for the match.
: 1. It's not going to be perfect, and never will be. Nothing can stop anyone from randomly being toxic in a game. 2. Yep. That's not a unique feeling for your server. 3. Yeah, you don't always get the notification that someone was punished. Some say you only get the notification when it's the triggering game, but who knows how that all works.
Point 1 is actually an issue on OCE though. The blacklist on this server is all but non-existent because it changes from server to server. From what I've been told, NA's blacklist is borderline overkill in how strict it is.
: Zero tolerance phrases, like hate speech and "kys" are punished pretty harshly. There are many instances where players complain of having received a 2-week ban without prior punishments because of this. I don't have an answer as to why some players weren't punished where others are; however, if a player is toxic, they'll eventually get hit with a punishment.
You seem to have fallen through some sort of wormhole and found yourself on the OCE forums. On OCE, we seem to have one (or multiple) of the following issues (I'll wait for a Rioter to tell me which of these is correct): 1. The automated system is shit. 2. We have too many toxic players and not enough people reporting them. 3. Players are getting punished, but we're not getting the notification that someone we've reported has been punished leading players to believe that people actually aren't getting punished. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were true.
: Because Riot doesn't care about death threats or racism. When I've asked them, I always get told "*This is not acceptable! This seriously goes against what the Summoner's Code stands for!* ***We won't do anything***"
Riot needs to purge these players from the game. I've been playing since Season 2 but right now these scumbags make we want to quit.
Rioter Comments
Gehirn (OCE)
: ARAM’s Unofficial (Read: Accidental) Never-ending Sale Comes to an...End
: Champion and skin sale: 06.03 – 10.03
Why does it take so long for these sales to go live after you announce them? Like if you're gonna release them in NA time, announce them in NA time. Don't announce them first thing in the morning and wait until 7:00pm AEDT to release them.
: Yes, of course. Dark Star Jarvan!
I can honestly agree with this. I appreciate that Riot finally gave Jarvan a skin (I feel like the last non-esports skin he got was Warring Kingdoms back in 2013). I got the skin, I like the skin, but there were certainly far better candidates. EDIT: I think J4 would have been a pretty good candidate for Mecha Skin. He'd make for a great Kaiju-killing mofo.
Star Tear (OCE)
: Current State of League of Legends for Support Mains
Play a Warden Support. Enchanters like Lulu/Sona/Janna/Nami are out of meta.
Blando (OCE)
: this guy has been hardstuck for like 2 seasons, just absolute gutter trash low gold ls/iwd wannabe fuck kappa
At least I'm hardstuck Plat you low-gold hashinshin wannabe
Munrotis (OCE)
: added you, let me know man definitely be keen to play some games, liek i said we play at 5pm most days, probably be online today (18/2) at around 4-4.30 aedt if you wanna join
Don't play with Blando he'll just cry about how Riot hates Bruisers and rage when he gets camped kappa (Mods can fuck off this is clearly sarcasm)
: riot doesnt know who to stop toxicly
Did OP just admit to account sharing?
: What we learned in week 4 of the OPL
What we learned: If you wanna watch a bunch of rookies to see who can throw harder, watch Academy League because at least is has decent casters.
Rioter Comments
: Champion and skin sale: 26.01 - 30.01
So is this sale actually gonna make it into the store before the 30th?
Show more

DarkSoul1994

Level 35 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion