: This is asinine.
what do you mean learn. only lesson they need is the one that people will throw money at them for almost anything. they tried this border bullshit with project skins and obviously it worked. the "limited 1 time only" thing is just exploiting a lot of people's weakness. they are convincing some to buy it when they otherwise would not. i doubt they would sell as many borders for this price if it wasn't "limited". speaking of exploiting weaknesses. look at loot crates. not gonna go more into these as this would be it's own thread. look at icons. they used to be things people received during events or participating in something and they were unique in that way. now it's just about buying them. look at skins. the average skin was 975rp, especially the ones that came out with a new champ. now the average skin, including the ones with new champs, are 1350rp. in $ terms that's basically a 50% increase in what it costs to buy a skin. look at championship skins. all were 975rp. this year it's 1350rp but you can spend another 1300rp for a recolor and border. that's $25 for the "full skin" or you could say the "premium" version of it. that's only $5 less than their ultimate skins and it's nowhere near as good. look at the skt1 skins. started as 750rp skins, then 975rp, now they are all 1350rp. sure they will argue that the quality of the skins is better but that's just because the standard of skins is higher overall. funny how they don't use this logic in the reverse situation. still plenty of old, expensive, "lower quality" skins available. this has all culminated into them trying to sell emotes for $5 each. lesson learned.
Ingénue (OCE)
: Even with a free week rotation of 14, a player would still need 6 more champions to be able to play. While it is true that there are at least 6 450IP champions, newer players shouldn't be forced to spend their IP on champions they wont necessarily play just so they can play in PVP mode. The new BE system does help with this a little as gaining new champs will become easier, although not enough to be able to justify a full removal of blind pick.
> [{quoted}](name=Yaiamone,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=x9lzxJUF,comment-id=000200000003000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-25T00:47:41.828+0000) > > Even with a free week rotation of 14, a player would still need 6 more champions to be able to play. While it is true that there are at least 6 450IP champions, newer players shouldn't be forced to spend their IP on champions they wont necessarily play just so they can play in PVP mode. > > The new BE system does help with this a little as gaining new champs will become easier, although not enough to be able to justify a full removal of blind pick. so why not have a roster of basic/"old" champs included as part of the game. with the amount of champions there are now and the rate of which new ones come out, there's no reason why "new players" shouldnt have 20 champions available to them at the start including the free rotation. i mean, what is even the point of 450ip champions. they might as well be free. especially considering their main competitor has all champions available for free. when it comes to ranked you would still have the same restriction in place so a player would need to own x amount of champs not including the free rotation. or you know they could also come up with another kind of restriction. a better one that actually will battle smurfing (fat chance because they make money off this) and actually help true new players who jump into ranked way to soon. something related to time and games played at what you currently consider "max level". this would be easy to incorporate into their new leveling/progression system. point is there is always options.
Ingénue (OCE)
: Unfortunately removing blind pick completely in favor of draft is not an option. Newer players would not be able to play due to the minimum of 20 champs needed to participate in draft normal games.
> [{quoted}](name=Yaiamone,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=x9lzxJUF,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-09-24T14:03:54.478+0000) > > Unfortunately removing blind pick completely in favor of draft is not an option. > > Newer players would not be able to play due to the minimum of 20 champs needed to participate in draft normal games. righto totally not an option aye. its like you're saying its impossible to do or inappropriate to suggest riot use some of their resources and think of something and make a change for the better of the game and not just focus on how much more money can they grab.
: Guess again, all assumption except >I don't know anything about you only thing in the entire paragraph that is truth. you dont know me, you have never played with me. so what if i've been bronze for 3 seasons in a row. i'm a bad player in your eyes.. so what? in my 3 bronze seasons, i have never been banned, suspended or chat restricted. i have the icons for most of the honours, and i occasionaly gift supports who play very well. **Don't need to be plat or diamond to know what toxic behaviour is.**
> [{quoted}](name=Fruitsalad,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=0nEYd84k,comment-id=0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-22T15:07:11.274+0000) > > Guess again, > > all assumption except > > only thing in the entire paragraph that is truth. > > > you dont know me, you have never played with me. > so what if i've been bronze for 3 seasons in a row. i'm a bad player in your eyes.. so what? > > in my 3 bronze seasons, i have never been banned, suspended or chat restricted. i have the icons for most of the honours, and i occasionaly gift supports who play very well. > > > > **Don't need to be plat or diamond to know what toxic behaviour is.** i mean with this game toxic behaviour is pretty subjective. riot even says it themselves, it's all based on what the "community" deems toxic. unfortunately we're seeing a trend where any kind of criticism is beginning to be seen as "toxic" behaviour. basically a person isnt allowed to have a personality outside a certain template. you gotta accept there are people that are more negative than others, there are people that are more outspoken than others, there are people that get angry or annoyed easier than others. if people cant handle and accept that im perplexed on how they handle interactions with people in real life. the generation of kids coming through high school atm are fucked.
Nightjar (OCE)
: personally I feel that we should have been given more starting emotes. I can understand $5 for an emote, it's a bit much but not unreasonable, you can use them in any game, much like a wardskin. It's just, the one starting emote is kind of... pathetic? Emotes look fun, but starting with only 1 emote, and a pretty boring one at that... Also alot of the current emotes look kind of lame, for instance the happy and sad emotes should have been basic emotes given to all players, because they definitely aren't worth $5.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=rP1OcQee,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-09-14T04:25:07.212+0000) > > personally I feel that we should have been given more starting emotes. I can understand $5 for an emote, it's a bit much but not unreasonable, you can use them in any game, much like a wardskin. It's just, the one starting emote is kind of... pathetic? Emotes look fun, but starting with only 1 emote, and a pretty boring one at that... > > Also alot of the current emotes look kind of lame, for instance the happy and sad emotes should have been basic emotes given to all players, because they definitely aren't worth $5. yeah the way they've gone about advertising it makes it worse. "hey for a reward for being such a great player base we're giving you 1 emote for free!!!! click here to find out how to get the rest!!!!" eg. https://imgur.com/a/uduDl we earned it {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} not sure if they're serious or taking the piss
ohmu (OCE)
: Does anyone else really not like the newly implemented "emotes"
lmao it should be $5 for the lot of them if they really must sell emotes. (their competitors have emotes included as part of the game). wanna see riot's volunteer yes men (not including lord, hes cool) try to argue that riot isnt a typical greedy corp after this one. but hey im sure there's already peeps that dropped $100 or whatever already for them and thats the "feedback" they'll listen to.
Mega9102 (OCE)
: What is wrong with Riot, Im level 5 honor
only just got honour 3 and received a capsule that had nunu in it. worth a whopping 87 essence. :D
Virtual (OCE)
: 14 day suspension
what riot need to do is limit chat related punishments to chat restrictions and mutes and stop suspending/banning people from playing the game for using "bad words" or "being negative". but yeah theres already an option to not see /all chat so they might aswell give you the option to turn team chat off also.
: Thoughts?
i'll ask again. what about real money purchases that went towards rune pages? are paid extra rune pages still a thing in the new system? if so then never mind, but if not, how does this fit into the equation (not asking for a full refund)?
: UN-BAN players banned for certain amount of time?
yeah if you got banned for cheating you should never get your account back. in fact i think riot should actually perm ban people totally from playing the game again if they have cheated. watch the use of scripts plummet if they did this.
: Thoughts?
what about real money purchases towards rune pages?
Nightjar (OCE)
: I would loathe a grading system. Recently I went 0-9-2 on Azir with average cs and that legit was an A+. Also riot's grading system is terrible and exploitable, and I'd find this very frustrating. Also when someone tries to make plays, but their team isn't always competent to follow up, you'll generally die more and have a worse kda than someone who just stands back and does the bare minimum to get the assist. A good example is the difference between a high elo passiv-ish support like janna and a low elo one if you stuck both in bronze/silver. The high elo challenger one will roam, position aggressively, look for plays and good fights, they might flash in at time and ult to throw the squishy carries into their team even though this would likely kill them. They will hard carry like a god, even though they might die a few times from lack of follow up. The low elo Janna will stand at the back putting the shield down, probably missing their q and getting carried. Realistically the challenger one would be on an entire different level, but grade wise, they'd have very similar grading, the challenger one might even have a worse grade because the trash janna would probably have almost no deaths because they aren't taking risks. Yes cc score has been implemented and as a support this is a good determinant of impact (not always, since peeling the correct targets matter), but this isn't used to determine grade. If riot ever changes it from an mmr system to a grading system for lp, to cater for all the bronze kda warriors, then I'm quitting league. The current system is bad and only shows accuracy over a huge number of games, but a grading system for ranked gains in a moba is cancer.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=VEzW6d4N,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2017-08-22T23:45:49.931+0000) > > I would loathe a grading system. Recently I went 0-9-2 on Azir with average cs and that legit was an A+. Also riot's grading system is terrible and exploitable, and I'd find this very frustrating. > > Also when someone tries to make plays, but their team isn't always competent to follow up, you'll generally die more and have a worse kda than someone who just stands back and does the bare minimum to get the assist. > > A good example is the difference between a high elo passiv-ish support like janna and a low elo one if you stuck both in bronze/silver. > The high elo challenger one will roam, position aggressively, look for plays and good fights, they might flash in at time and ult to throw the squishy carries into their team even though this would likely kill them. They will hard carry like a god, even though they might die a few times from lack of follow up. > The low elo Janna will stand at the back putting the shield down, probably missing their q and getting carried. > > Realistically the challenger one would be on an entire different level, but grade wise, they'd have very similar grading, the challenger one might even have a worse grade because the trash janna would probably have almost no deaths because they aren't taking risks. > > Yes cc score has been implemented and as a support this is a good determinant of impact (not always, since peeling the correct targets matter), but this isn't used to determine grade. > > If riot ever changes it from an mmr system to a grading system for lp, to cater for all the bronze kda warriors, then I'm quitting league. The current system is bad and only shows accuracy over a huge number of games, but a grading system for ranked gains in a moba is cancer. again, as i always have to point out (not sure why this concept seems so hard to comprehend), its not about changing it entirely about personal performance. it's that it should have SOME bearing. it still would be about W/L for the most part, but why should someone that does extremely well but still losses receive the same "punishment" as someone who did extremely poorly? why should someone that did extremely poorly get the same "reward" if their team carries them to victory? we're talking about queues where you are matched with random people. this isnt a competition where you enter as a team. it's about the system recognizing people that consistently do really well or people who consistently do really bad. also why assume it would just be the current grade system as is. obviously they would need to tweak it or use a totally different grading system. obviously it would be a system that would be looking at just that specific game and the people in the game, not a system comparing you to the entire server. other games do it really well, not sure why league can't.
bred (OCE)
: Why don't grades affect your LP Gain/Loss?
i've been posting this here for years that personal performance should at least have some bearing on lp gain/loss. all i've gotten is riot employees and some of their yes men volunteers defending the current system of W/L or totally ignored.
Luxium (OCE)
: Permanently Banned
so basically another instance of someone that should've just been either perm or x amount of time muted for using a bad word.
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Savage,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=k4w9AwRE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-08-13T04:24:05.731+0000) > > they stated it themselves in a tweet that it is inspired by that particular player..... > > that player was good but hes literally most well known for that look and in particular those glasses. they could've chose any champion to make as "striker" and even with Lucian they didn't have to use those glasses.... > > its pretty obvious they chose lucian and then added the glasses to look like him (i mean this is kinda a moot argument seeing riot themselves said that they did) so i dont understand why you're trying to somehow twist it like they didn't. Thats not what I said, I said Lucian has always had that dreadlock hairstyle since release and in all of his skins. They took the glasses a soccer player with the same hairstyle used to make a soccer skin on Lucian, that's it. That hardly seems like something worthy of taking to court
> [{quoted}](name=LetsTwitch,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=k4w9AwRE,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2017-08-17T15:20:17.717+0000) > > Thats not what I said, > > I said Lucian has always had that dreadlock hairstyle since release and in all of his skins. > > They took the glasses a soccer player with the same hairstyle used to make a soccer skin on Lucian, that's it. That hardly seems like something worthy of taking to court except they tweeted out that they made it specifically in his image.... how easy or not it was to create that image because of something already existing is irrelevant. a corporation making substantial money off your image without permission is probably one of the most worthy things to go to court over.
: How to get a Blue/Purple/Green name? Just curious...
decides to sell the 'free server skin" to australians because australians pay more (like we do for everything). charges $50 extra for special "limited edition" borders for skins (eg. project). introduces gambling boxes. special limited time gambling boxes become our "events". lies in court to try to get out of paying royalties to someone they made money off. 2015/2016 revenue UP big time whilst barely any changes in quality of game/systems/balance/support. not a money grabbing company {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Well I think that's kind of the point since if you feel like anything toxic will get you permmed it's gonna prevent you from doing so? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=JukeMaster420,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=NXKe1ifz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-13T08:49:49.166+0000) > > Well I think that's kind of the point since if you feel like anything toxic will get you permmed it's gonna prevent you from doing so? > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} a perm or x amount of time mute would also prevent them doing so?
Gesteppie (OCE)
: It would be nice if Rito took a break on champion releases for 6 months or so, and just devoted themselves to fixing and balancing the game. Tbh, there are so many champs in the game rn, it would not be a problem to take a break.
> [{quoted}](name=Gesteppie,realm=OCE,application-id=hIjvqaz6,discussion-id=QN8IuyNI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-08-11T00:59:06.623+0000) > > It would be nice if Rito took a break on champion releases for 6 months or so, and just devoted themselves to fixing and balancing the game. Tbh, there are so many champs in the game rn, it would not be a problem to take a break. how dare you suggest that they spend time and resources on something that doesn't directly correspond with a return in profits. blasphemous
: But... Lucians hair looks like that all the time Thats been his hairstyle since realease and these new skins are the same thing. How can you argue that its in this guys image when the original which wasnt based on him at all has the same hair? I dont understand how you can sue for taking the base of a soccer player with the same hairstyle and applying it to your character
> [{quoted}](name=LetsTwitch,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=k4w9AwRE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-12T13:25:41.509+0000) > > But... Lucians hair looks like that all the time > > Thats been his hairstyle since realease and these new skins are the same thing. > > How can you argue that its in this guys image when the original which wasnt based on him at all has the same hair? > > I dont understand how you can sue for taking the base of a soccer player with the same hairstyle and applying it to your character they stated it themselves in a tweet that it is inspired by that particular player..... that player was good but hes literally most well known for that look and in particular those glasses. they could've chose any champion to make as "striker" and even with Lucian they didn't have to use those glasses.... its pretty obvious they chose lucian and then added the glasses to look like him (i mean this is kinda a moot argument seeing riot themselves said that they did) so i dont understand why you're trying to somehow twist it like they didn't.
: This kind of thing makes me mad.
firstly, you're making a huge assumption that this person is "rolling in millions". secondly, riot is making money directly off of his personal image/brand. i mean, according to the article, they even tweeted this (and got caught in a lie in court). that's totally different to basing character off cowboys that may have been started by someone and is popular culture now. if they made a clint eastwood lookalike and even stated "this is inspired by clint eastwood" then yeah he would be entitled to royalties. thirdly, you're talking about Riot here. if you used their brand/image and that of LoL's in a way that was a business that made substantial money, you can be guaranteed they would do the same or worse, shut you down completely.
: here is a response i got in February below, that after i got a 10 game chat restriction i immediately got a 2 week ban. i ask what did i get banned straight away and not allow me to improve my behavior. I wouldn't say i was ever crazy toxic but my behavior was negative and could improve and i believe from each punishment it has to a degree. it took me 3 or 4 days to come off a 2 week suspension and get perma banned for in game chat of what Ive posted above. Econetics February 15, 2017 04:31 Hey there, Your account was locked during a manual audit because we observed a pattern of excessive toxicity within a small period of time. This has resulted in a 2 week suspension placed on your account. Here are some Chat logs from games where you displayed offensive behavior: [3:14] Bright Dusty (Morgana): wow [3:23] Bright Dusty (Morgana): i can tell [7:11] Bright Dusty (Morgana): i wantyed to back cait pls use heal im so sick of adcs you cant use summoenrs it happens to often kid [10:28] Bright Dusty (Morgana): whjy heal after i die? pls tell me [12:28] Bright Dusty (Morgana): pls come bot gravesn and help get this tower im roaming if you wontr [17:27] Bright Dusty (Morgana): im not kidding you guys catn even use basic sumnmoenrs [21:13] Bright Dusty (Morgana): cass flash ultri [22:25] Bright Dusty (Morgana): cait [30:29] Bright Dusty (Morgana): cait why do you nerver ulti? [31:25] Bright Dusty (Morgana): pls stop absuing me i just noticed you leave summoenrs up so long and barely ulti [35:23] Bright Dusty (Morgana): cait real pls use summoenrs These are examples of berating your teammates by asking overly sarcastic questions with malcious intent. We will not be lifting the suspension due to the negativity observed. Keep in mind that if audited again for negative behavior your account will be permanently suspended. The good news is that most players will never reach that level of punishment. In fact, most players who have been warned or suspended are able to change their behavior completely; I am confident that with the right attitude you can avoid any bans in the future. Best of luck out there! Econetics Player Support Shuriman Acolyte Shurima?
> Here are some Chat logs from games where you displayed offensive behavior: i mean riot said it right there. you got banned because someone else found it offensive (like you said its coz you get reported by multiple people that find it "offensive"). not because it's necessarily wrong. riot is just another liberal/lefty safe space for snowflakes. they need to outline specifically what is right or wrong, not the current system of "if the community doesnt agree with your behaviour then you are wrong". and specifically looking at your log, people are getting offended because you're criticizing them, which, as you know, is not tolerable by liberal snowflakes. sooner or later ranks and ladders will be abolished so everyone can participate equally and not be offended by competition and criticism that comes with it (already happening in schools).
: I didn't do anything wrong and my account has been permanently suspended.
Riot needs to keep up with the times and have 2 factor security but hey its not a current priority atm because it doesn't directly make them money
: Consumer Protection Laws regarding purchased items and permanent suspensions.
When you made the 'business transaction' you bought RP, not the skin. RP is a consumable item. You used your RP up yourself to unlock access to a skin. So really they never took away what they gave you in the 'business transaction'. It would be interesting to see how it works in the case of unused RP on the account though. I imagine you would have a case for refund on unused RP because, as you say, they can claim they own the RP in their ToS but it doesn't override law. But is it really worth your time? What about this scenario though? Riot chooses to shut down the servers and no longer offer this service. Would you say you are entitled to a full refund on everything that you have now lost access to? Because this scenario will eventually happen one day.
Decibelle (OCE)
: Feedback: I hate this VS event and how negatively it impacts my time in-game.
they're more likely to see the event as a success than a mistake with the amount of money they made
: Riot's Justice and Banning System
This whole conversation can be made moot if you just permanently MUTED people (after several chances) for bad behavior in relation to chat rather than permanently BAN. Reserve the banning for people that CHEAT and other extreme in-game behavior such as int feeding 20 deaths every game (although i doubt people do this on their main accounts). Like honestly, if you perm muted someone for toxicity in chat and that person has had their account for years and spent hundreds or more on it, then they are likely to continue playing that account as their main account and are unable to be toxic in chat. On the other hand, if you perm ban that person, they just simply make a new account and are likely to continue being toxic. They have nothing to lose on the new account compared to their previous one. From a $$$ point of view, on a perm muted account a player is still likely to continue spending money on skins etc. Once you perm ban someone they are much less likely to spend as much on their new accounts (if they even create a new account and keep playing), especially if they continue being toxic and know from experience a ban is possible. Even if they 'reform', psychologically they are going to be less keen to spend after losing it all. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation. A win for the community as it should hopefully reduce toxicity, a win (somewhat) for the player as they don't lose all the time and items and a win for Riot as there's more potential for $$$ even if it is from a small % of people.
Effect (OCE)
: Permanently banned for being toxic (and my toxic replys to player support)
SpeedyBus (OCE)
: Account banned for no direct reason?
cool, who are our mutual friends? not sure what anything that i have ever said in a game has anything to do with this thread though. ok, you have 100% proof that it wasn't you. then show it? not sure why you're mad at me for saying that most people here who claim innocence after receiving bans are full of shit. even you must agree with that. i mean before your argument was that you've been false flagged (even after it was re-checked by riot), which is why you seemed full of shit like all the other kids. now you're admitting there is a game that looks suspicious. have you ever given out your details? have you ever logged into your account on a public computer or on a friends computer? have you ever fallen for those free rp/skin scams? not saying it's impossible but its unlikely someone literally hacked your account out of nowhere without one of the previous things i mentioned. if you have never done those things, then you must realise its hard for riot and anyone else to just take your word for it.
Tele (OCE)
: It's dependent on skill. Say if **Faker** played in Bronze, his coin toss would be almost 99% heads. He'd have a huge impact on the outcome of each toss. The less effect you are able to have on the coin toss, the closer you are to your deserved rank.
> [{quoted}](name=Tele,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2016-08-25T03:58:55.053+0000) > > It's dependent on skill. Say if **Faker** played in Bronze, his coin toss would be almost 99% heads. He'd have a huge impact on the outcome of each toss. > > The less effect you are able to have on the coin toss, the closer you are to your deserved rank. ah yes the classic riot example. using diamond+ and lcs players for their argument of "if you're good you will climb in bronze".
Tele (OCE)
: Here's the way I see it (using your analogy): + _Ranked is a coin toss, but your ability and skill as a player rigs the toss._ A good player might only get heads (win) 55% of the time, whereas a bad player might only get heads 40% of the time. If you look at it game by game, the bad player will win some tosses (games) that he shouldn't have. But in the **long run** he'll loose too much and de-rank because the odds are stacked against him. The opposite applies for the good player. He'll rank up over time because the odds are in his favour.
> [{quoted}](name=Tele,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-08-25T03:39:17.843+0000) > > Here's the way I see it (using your analogy): > > + _Ranked is a coin toss, but your ability and skill as a player rigs the toss._ > > A good player might only get heads (win) 55% of the time, whereas a bad player might only get heads 40% of the time. > > If you look at it game by game, the bad player will win some tosses (games) that he shouldn't have. But in the **long run** he'll loose too much and de-rank because the odds are stacked against him. > > The opposite applies for the good player. He'll rank up over time because the odds are in his favour. ok so what about when both examples exist on the same team in every game? what if there's always a "good player" and a "bad player" on the team? which one is going to hold this "long run" theory true?
: Except your not taking it into account, that the other players in the game (specifically the premades) have a lot more effect on the coin toss then you as the solo player do.
> [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-08-25T03:48:52.426+0000) > > Except your not taking it into account, that the other players in the game (specifically the premades) have a lot more effect on the coin toss then you as the solo player do. no matter what we do riot and their helpers will just keep spitting out the same old "in the long run if you're good you should climb" rhetoric....
QAPLA (OCE)
: Okay buddy, I can see this is one of those "brick wall" situations. Peace out.
> [{quoted}](name=QAPLA,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-08-25T03:07:00.723+0000) > > Okay buddy, I can see this is one of those "brick wall" situations. > Peace out. it's funny how stupid people can make themselves look when they're trying to be smart.
QAPLA (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Savage,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T02:59:32.388+0000) > > mate it seems you missed the entire point of the post I got it, it was flawed. If you want to pick something to compare to, pick something that is actually 50/50, like an evenly weighted coinflip.
> [{quoted}](name=QAPLA,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T03:01:49.192+0000) > > I got it, it was flawed. If you want to pick something to compare to, pick something that is actually 50/50, like an evenly weighted coinflip. it's more about gambler's fallacy. you know, people chasing losses because they feel that they can't keep getting "unlucky" when in fact the odds of losing are exactly the same each time. the exact percentages dont matter, its the fact that they are the same each time...
: What am I supposed to do?
yes i do get it. it you that doesn't understand the post and the meaning behind it. you're arguing here about exact percentages trying to act smart and superior. it's been dumbed down intentionally.
QAPLA (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Savage,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-08-25T02:54:09.071+0000) > > you need to realise that you're gambling. it's basically a coin flip. it's like red vs black on roulette. what should you do if you keep losing the 50/50 on roulette? you walk away. only addicts keep playing and chasing their losses. ...red/black is not 50/50 on roulette. Don't forget the green 0 (and on some tables 00 as well). Poor analogies make for poor posts.
> [{quoted}](name=QAPLA,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EOoJLpGk,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-08-25T02:56:17.504+0000) > > ...red/black is not 50/50 on roulette. Don't forget the green 0 (and on some tables 00 as well). Poor analogies make for poor posts. mate it seems you missed the entire point of the post. ps you realise that even with the 2 greens the odds of hitting black or red are equal right?
: What am I supposed to do?
you need to realise that you're gambling. it's basically a coin flip. it's like red vs black on roulette. what should you do if you keep losing the 50/50 on roulette? you walk away. only addicts keep playing and chasing their losses.
SpeedyBus (OCE)
: Except the fact that I don't. I wouldn't even know how dude. Seriously. I just play the damn game. I mainly played normals. I didn't care about my rank and RARELY played ranked. This was an unfair and unwarranted ban because whatever they detected was clearly a mistake. Also when I say I don't know how to script, I seriously don't. My understanding of people scripting is having something move your champion away from abilities or something being cast at you or something like that. You need to realise whatever Riot uses to scan isn't 100% accurate. But they won't second guess if they've found something suspicious. Not Confirmed. I'm literally at the point where even if I did get my account back I wouldn't play League anymore. Mainly because Riot refuses to take a second look into it. I provided 100% proof that I don't have or use anything and they still denied me. I can respect that they banned me based on a false reading because I hate hackers too. But they need to figure out a way to determine if it was a false reading. And I'm going to add, it's the toxic people like you that diminish the chances of innocent players getting their lost accounts back. Sure there are a crap ton of actual hackers doing the same thing but there are a small portion that are actually telling the truth. You can't think everyone is lying.
> [{quoted}](name=SpeedyBus,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=b1NP8aKq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-08-18T09:55:55.922+0000) > > Except the fact that I don't. > > I wouldn't even know how dude. Seriously. I just play the damn game. I mainly played normals. I didn't care about my rank and RARELY played ranked. This was an unfair and unwarranted ban because whatever they detected was clearly a mistake. > > Also when I say I don't know how to script, I seriously don't. My understanding of people scripting is having something move your champion away from abilities or something being cast at you or something like that. > > You need to realise whatever Riot uses to scan isn't 100% accurate. But they won't second guess if they've found something suspicious. Not Confirmed. > > I'm literally at the point where even if I did get my account back I wouldn't play League anymore. Mainly because Riot refuses to take a second look into it. I provided 100% proof that I don't have or use anything and they still denied me. > > I can respect that they banned me based on a false reading because I hate hackers too. But they need to figure out a way to determine if it was a false reading. > > And I'm going to add, it's the toxic people like you that diminish the chances of innocent players getting their lost accounts back. Sure there are a crap ton of actual hackers doing the same thing but there are a small portion that are actually telling the truth. You can't think everyone is lying. excuse me? toxic people like me? apparently just having a different opinion about something makes you "toxic" lmao. Because I think that vast majority of people who start begging on the forums to get unbanned because they're "innocent" are full of shit, it makes me "toxic"? this is what this game has become and what young people in this country are becoming. "if you say something that personally offends someone else, you're toxic and should be censored". and it seems people these days are offended by differing opinions and truths.
: Riot please start monitoring in client chat and banning these instalockers.
>admitting that you went afk >calls for others to get banned
: A commonly discussed topic, brought up yet again.
every person should get a ban. ie 10 bans per match
: Riot doesn't needa change anything, you were obviously on something like 79LP and you got an average 20. Nothing can be changed, hard luck though man. Just keep going
> [{quoted}](name=Soulless Reaper,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=5Z4q9nNq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-07-14T09:57:45.689+0000) > > Riot doesn't needa change anything, you were obviously on something like 79LP and you got an average 20. Nothing can be changed, hard luck though man. Just keep going i've been in the situation MANY times where i was getting 20lp for a win every game except when i was on 80lp. all of a sudden i get 18 or 19lp. If i then lost, i would go back to receiving 20 next time i won. it's not just "luck'' or coincidence.
: Hodor Braum Skin
tyrion lannister teemo
: One more rant before bed.
lol of course it's carrot on a stick. can you tell me what the difference between normals and ranked is? there is none. literally the only reason you play ranked is for a skin. a skin that the vast majority of the player base will not get yet still grind away through stress and pain to get. it's actually psychotic behaviour when you think about it. of course it goes deeper than that. there's a psychology to it. about "being good". the whole professional scene and all the cheesy songs and videos they release during worlds drive this. it's all just clever marketing and advertising to get people to continue to grind away for that skin (and slightly different border/icon). like you said, if everyone was able to climb then overall hours put into this game would be lower. riot needs to make sure the percentages stay the way they are so they can create an illusion that if you get to, say, gold, it means you're good because it's "exclusive". obviously this "exclusivity" has many levels all the way up to challenger. this drives people into a sense of (false)superiority when they do get there. jasonwazza on these forums is a prime example. all this so hopefully in the meantime you purchase a skin or two or dozen.
RedNalick (OCE)
: AFK's AFTER THE REMAKE PERIOD (0 LP)
I don't understand how you can sit there and write an entire essay to try to argue that personal performance should not be a PART of the calculations. Especially when at the end you yourself say that this game is about BOTH. like seriously, who are you trying that hard to impress at riot? You talk about teamwork in a way where it seems you are not comprehending the difference between dynamic queue and professional league of legends. If you solo queue you are matched with random people. You can be a great teammate but your teammates might not be. How good someone works with their team is still an individual skill and part of their performance. Basically you're trying to justify a good team player getting punished because their team mates are not. Your only real argument against it is that someone may intentionally not participate in fights to get a better score. This is a weak argument. Firstly, who said the current mastery grade system is perfect? Perhaps it values certain things too highly (eg. not dying more than once). It can and should be changed/tweaked. Secondly, for someone to truly have a great performance, they would need high kill participation. So sitting back and not participating will not get you anywhere. If they already have that kind of score then 1. it makes no sense to then intentionally lose and not try to win, and 2. refer back to first point. Thirdly, it would be up to riot to decide how much weighting performance would have. you seem to have not understood that w/l would still be a big factor. Like honestly, it boggles my mind how you can be against a system that would, over time, reward people for playing consistently well (both skill and teamwork) and punish the people who consistently play bad. Right now the system allows the opposite to happen. You are incredibly delusional if you think this would drag down the health of the game instead of improve it.
: No, but do you have a better solution that isn't abuseable? The unfortunate truth is that if it was so easy to fix it would have been done by now. Remake was a step in the right direction, but the benefits will have to significantly outweigh the negatives/improper use scenarios before anything will be considered for implementation.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=EyiAQrVZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-07-08T02:35:58.807+0000) > > No, but do you have a better solution that isn't abuseable? The unfortunate truth is that if it was so easy to fix it would have been done by now. Remake was a step in the right direction, but the benefits will have to significantly outweigh the negatives/improper use scenarios before anything will be considered for implementation. yes and it has been suggested hundreds of times.... personal performance should be part of the equation, not simply W/L. If you play very well, as in S+ performance then a loss may only net you a small loss in lp. The players that play bad lose much more. In the case where you are on 0lp and facing demotion, then a very good performance may save you from demotion. it would be an extra safety net. this can't be abused. stop defending and kissing riot's ass please. they haven't fixed it because they would get no $$$ in return for putting the resources into fixing it. a riot employee has even openly admitted on these forums that it is bottom of their priority list.
: Loving dumbasses.
LMAO. This is classic JasonWazza. He flames every single "bronzie" that makes a post similar to this. He even makes separate threads complaining about the amount of "bronzies" that make these posts. On one occasion he begged for a ban on the forums so he didn't have to deal with these posts... For someone in bronze and silver it can never be the case that someone "stupid" on their team is the main reason they lost. I mean this guy in the past has even told people that someone afk the entire game on their team wasn't the main reason they lost. It's always "your fault" and you lost because "you're bad". Somehow the same doesn't apply in his case. Oh that's right hes gold 5 and thinks that's good LOL. I mean shit, this guy deserves a ban. He'll throw the "strawman" argument out there but he has basically admitted that he harasses people post game as riot doesn't care and therefore he can get away with it like he does on these forums. Obviously he's not taking screenshots on those occasions.
Alamara (OCE)
: they just use this script shit as an excuse to bann you, or an excuse for there report system being right when really it is failing, riot support and the report system is fucked up and broken atm dont trust them
> [{quoted}](name=Alamara,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=b1NP8aKq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-06-30T07:54:00.985+0000) > > they just use this script shit as an excuse to bann you, or an excuse for there report system being right when really it is failing, riot support and the report system is fucked up and broken atm dont trust the >>>kunts<<< What does riot gain from intentionally banning people wrongfully in terms of cheating/scripting? What do you mean "as an excuse to ban you"?
Tesserax (OCE)
: Ranked System
people, including myself, have been suggesting a system where personal performance is part of the calculations, rather than just W/L for a long time. it seems to fall on death ears as it doesn't directly return riot a profit for the work they'd put into it. i can't be bothered digging up the quote, but i did finally get a riot employee (marauder) to admit such a thing. basically he said they are aware and accept there is issues with the current system, but it is not a priority for them atm to fix. although to be fair they have made a few small changes to help. they give you free wins now in promo series that you have lost + the new /remake option. both of these are basically admissions from riot that there is a problem with a ranked system solely based on W/L. it's not quite enough if you ask me but at least they are starting to acknowledge that your rank and mmr, and therefore your ability to climb, is affected by others especially when we talk about afk/trolls/rage which are quite common in lower tiers.
: Stuck forever
big brother is watching
: Im guessing people already know about this?
jeez man how did you not get the memo that it's at the start of the game. why would they ever implement a system where a team could remake 40mins in lol. i was in a game where my team voted for a remake as it was an instant 4v5. it's basically like a surrender vote except you can only vote for it once a special message pops up. there's a time limit to vote. if the vote fails, then that's it. and no, it would be hard to abuse anyway, unless you had a lot of "dud accounts". if you kept intent doing it your accounts will get banned. besides it makes no sense. why would you intentionally increase your chance of not winning?? how is that advantageous in any way? sure maybe you would win the odd game or 2 but the vast majority of times you would be forced to remake and thus never climb.
SpeedyBus (OCE)
: Account banned for no direct reason?
I know you're just trying to help and i know you're not an actual Riot employee but to be honest, it does not look good when you appear to be sympathetic to these people. They're cheaters and deserve the punishment they receive. No second chances. These people are worse than "toxic" people. I don't see any sympathy shown towards people banned for toxicity though. This person is a classic example of someone frustrated about being stuck in low elo, who then initiates a google search and easily find scripts. They're so frustrated that they're blinded by it and choose to cheat on their main. They quickly realise any small elo gains were not worth it when they receive the ban. They then come to the forums in a desperate attempt to get their account back because they realise how dumb it was to cheat on their main that they're attached to. Why are you taking this person's word for it when he says he's never downloaded ANYTHING? How are you not noticing tell tale signs of guilt? (eg. "I wouldn't know how to script") Worst of all, once you find out from Riot that he is indeed a confirmed cheater. why do you say "bad news :(" like you feel sorry for him?
: I agree you shouldn't get attached or invested into a online game, but that doesn't stop people from getting invested anyway. He's a young teenage boy who's homeschooled, if he can't get attached to his account that he loves what should he get attached to? The point I'm trying to make is Riot is punishing people unfairly and quite honestly unjustly. Any other game would just mute him and maybe give him a two week ban, but after all this shit with tyler1 they're cracking down hard on toxic behavior. The game is for people aged 13 year and older, hence some bm and cussing is allowed. Sigh, if he's not unbanned i'm just going to lose faith in a company that cares more about money than their players.
> [{quoted}](name=Apply Name Here,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=gF5EI1sk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-05-06T09:16:27.149+0000) > > I agree you shouldn't get attached or invested into a online game, but that doesn't stop people from getting invested anyway. He's a young teenage boy who's homeschooled, if he can't get attached to his account that he loves what should he get attached to? The point I'm trying to make is Riot is punishing people unfairly and quite honestly unjustly. Any other game would just mute him and maybe give him a two week ban, but after all this shit with tyler1 they're cracking down hard on toxic behavior. The game is for people aged 13 year and older, hence some bm and cussing is allowed. Sigh, if he's not unbanned i'm just going to lose faith in a company that cares more about money than their players. yes i agree that they hand out rather soft bans, but their system is all automated so unfortunately they won't budge If kids were offended by stuff your friend said then for them its final but who knows maybe you'll have better luck speaking with support directly. Riot is a corporation (owned by tencent, a chinese investment company). It no longer is simply a game developer. there's no point even hoping for them to care for anything else other than $$$ and their owners/investors.
Show more

Doc Savage

Level 30 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion