: Yea, because these guys above is the top of the cream; They know best. Just so you know, most of them got banned, that why they are pissed.
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=L2AZxx6Y,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-14T11:56:23.655+0000) > > Yea, because these guys above is the top of the cream; They know best. Just so you know, most of them got banned, that why they are pissed. My bad, thought Riot listened to its player base, Do you work for Riot or or something? or do u just lurk in the forums defending them at every turn when someone may have a criticism about the game.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Riot are really just a company that have no idea what they're doing, with anything, except money.
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=L2AZxx6Y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-13T01:13:52.325+0000) > > Riot are really just a company that have no idea what they're doing, with anything, except money. You would think when u make around 2 billion dollars a day you might be able to do something about this..
: Don't worry, another of the tips is "If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, report them." You couldn't more loosely define that if you tried. EDIT: Fact is, riot can't make up it's mind, and are letting the bot decide everything for them.
> [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=L2AZxx6Y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-12T16:14:23.448+0000) > > Don't worry, another of the tips is > > "If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, report them." > > You couldn't more loosely define that if you tried. > > EDIT: Fact is, riot can't make up it's mind, and are letting the bot decide everything for them. Yeah, you can't have your cake and eat it to... Id love to know if someone has reported someone and put in the box "made me feel uncomfortable" and that said person was banned for it.. Riots ban system is just as unclear if not more so than the justice system ffs.
Rioter Comments
JHarV (OCE)
: Any tips on climbing from Gold V to Gold I?
Honestly, for a guy who was hardstuck silver for alot of seasons and ended up 80lp Gold 1 at the end of this season, probably the biggest thing for me was game knowledge. there are easy as champs such as Xin for example that are good for ranked right now and allow u to focus on the map alot more rather than your game mechanics. A few other things 1. Pick 2 roles and main them. Learn every aspect of the roles you enjoy and don't just play a different lane every game. ( and champ) 2. Watching streams on twitch can help if u really focus on what they are doing and you if think about why they are doing it and why it makes sense. 3. In my opinion your champion pool probably needs to be smaller, yes have some champions you're okay at if u really need to fill but try and get your main roles every game and yeah azir you should probably stick away from you might of gotten that far with him but the skill level changes after silver 1 i would say. 4. Be a meta slave. their is an argument that if u are really good at just say riven for example you can climb being a 1 trick which is true, but for me i found sticking to the meta and actually knowing the champs is how i climbed for example Sej Xin and shyv were all in meta at the end of the season and i knew these champions like the back of my hand and i climbed quite quickly. 5. I have noticed your fav champions are ones that are with a high skill cap, leesin, draven, azir etc. you might have to switch to more basic champions if u wish to climb. 6. Be present. Focus on the game, don't alt tab and make sure you are actively thinking what is the next move you should make in game, actually focusing on the game helps alot, also avoid talking in chat, i started muting all and its surprising how chat even when not directed at you can actually Fuck you up mentally. P.S didn't even realize GangShaiger just pretty much said everything i did haha.. but its correct. Climbing isn't fun.. its aids. but you gotta decide if u want to climb or have fun. Normals are always there for fun. :) good luck bro.
: u can get the other 10 through free champ rotation so u can play normal draft atm.
> [{quoted}](name=LevvyLeviticus,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T22:26:51.298+0000) > > u can get the other 10 through free champ rotation so u can play normal draft atm. Yeah i know thanks i was just curious about blind pick is all :)
: Sometimes you can't like if you call a role but they were faster to lock it in, it's bm but they didn't steal the role. But if you've called a role and someone then locks in and plays it you can 100% report them for negative attitude. Just make sure you put in the comments that it's for role stealing in select. If you dodge the select, then you can submit a ticket to support to report them, but unless they're doing it a lot likely nothing will come from it, since only post game reports show on their history. Support also can't give you any info about suspensions handed out on other accounts so you'll get a generic "thanks for your report" reply. Selecting roles for blind is something I'd be keen for, but I understand they don't want to merge the experiences too much. Remember that blind pick is also used by new players who may not know what roles are what yet, so picking roles would be difficult for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T01:25:53.485+0000) > > Sometimes you can't like if you call a role but they were faster to lock it in, it's bm but they didn't steal the role. But if you've called a role and someone then locks in and plays it you can 100% report them for negative attitude. Just make sure you put in the comments that it's for role stealing in select. > > If you dodge the select, then you can submit a ticket to support to report them, but unless they're doing it a lot likely nothing will come from it, since only post game reports show on their history. Support also can't give you any info about suspensions handed out on other accounts so you'll get a generic "thanks for your report" reply. > > Selecting roles for blind is something I'd be keen for, but I understand they don't want to merge the experiences too much. Remember that blind pick is also used by new players who may not know what roles are what yet, so picking roles would be difficult for them. Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.
: Essentially it's the fast way to get into games, because draft can take a while in champ select. The other thing is of course bans. If you want to play a highly contested/banned champion then blind pick is probably going to be your best bet. Personally I ban Kat every game because I think she's bullshit, played a lot and I really don't like vsing her, and there are plenty of other champions with similar followings. You can also report players for stealing roles in blind pick, and it is a punishable offence if they're doing it a lot, but comments in those kind of reports go a long way.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-05T10:11:01.461+0000) > > Essentially it's the fast way to get into games, because draft can take a while in champ select. The other thing is of course bans. If you want to play a highly contested/banned champion then blind pick is probably going to be your best bet. Personally I ban Kat every game because I think she's bullshit, played a lot and I really don't like vsing her, and there are plenty of other champions with similar followings. > > You can also report players for stealing roles in blind pick, and it is a punishable offence if they're doing it a lot, but comments in those kind of reports go a long way. Okay, so in blind pick if someone steals your role, what do u report them under? and as i was saying before its kinda your word against theirs? like if they auto lock whatever they want and say nothing in chat while in game but ultimately ruining someone elses experience like how do u punish that? I feel like blind pick should be changed where you q up just like draft mode and u get a role u ask for but there are no bans. That way atleast riot can clearly see whos telling the truth and who isn't and a punishment can be handed down and it will be just as fast as the champ select is now.
: So abuse is justified so long as it isn't in a professional spotlight? If a country AFL club has that culture going on then that's up to them, just as you are free to say whatever the hell you like to your friends, it's the decision of those individuals, but as soon as you bring it into a public forum you accept the responsibility of being a part of that larger community. If you want to be an ass then fine, but if you know that's not accepted in the community you're in, how can you be surprised when you aren't praised for being an ass?
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=0gFPUhA8,comment-id=0001000100000000000000020000,timestamp=2018-01-05T10:31:27.544+0000) > > So abuse is justified so long as it isn't in a professional spotlight? If a country AFL club has that culture going on then that's up to them, just as you are free to say whatever the hell you like to your friends, it's the decision of those individuals, but as soon as you bring it into a public forum you accept the responsibility of being a part of that larger community. If you want to be an ass then fine, but if you know that's not accepted in the community you're in, how can you be surprised when you aren't praised for being an ass? ? It's not really up to them what culture they have, the second it comes into the spotlight the AFL reacts because they all answer to the AFL ultimately, please quote me where i said abuse is justified... Im simply saying professionals are held to a lot higher standard than the average dude playing for a local team, probably because it looks bad and they get paid a shit load of money. and you just said if you know that's not accepted in the community you're in.. I'm pretty sure this dude is arguing that what he said is accepted? or atleast not worthy of his punishment.. I mean Look at tyler1 for example, he was likely the most toxic player in the entire game and it took 3 months for riot to actually perma ban him, They probably didn't want to give up how much attention he brought to the game even though he should of been permmed 2 months prior. They only really did anything when the backlash was so strong they were forced to. Also as of today after 619 days he is actually not banned anymore. Looking forward to that 100k viewer stream of league when he first comes back hey riot.
Gehirn (OCE)
: Some old reasoning that is still relevant today: When a player has to mute someone, the damage is already done. The person spouting crap does not get their right to spout crap protected just because others can turn it off after they've had enough of it. You're sure as hell not gonna get chat like this on a basketball court. Why should we accept that it's okay to be a genuine asshole online when it's legitimately not okay in the real world? The guy who simply can't help but have a whinge or spout abuse/negativity at their teammates on the football field is the guy that doesn't get invited to play next time. Who'd seriously invite that guy? We'll penalize players more harshly and quickly for abuse like the types you've mentioned, but we'll also still eventually penalize players who consistently fall under categories like "legit kind of a dick" or "man I really don't wanna play with that guy again". Most players agree with that philosophy, reports made against players like that show as much. We are acting upon those reports. Poking fun, havin a laugh, issuing a challenge; that's the sort of stuff that is banter as long as you don't escalate any of that into persistent bullying when it's clear the other player is not up for it. Banter is not "youre a fucking pussy shen", it just isn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Gehirn,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=0gFPUhA8,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T04:13:10.052+0000) > > Some old reasoning that is still relevant today: When a player has to mute someone, the damage is already done. The person spouting crap does not get their right to spout crap protected just because others can turn it off after they've had enough of it. > > You're sure as hell not gonna get chat like this on a basketball court. Why should we accept that it's okay to be a genuine asshole online when it's legitimately not okay in the real world? > > The guy who simply can't help but have a whinge or spout abuse/negativity at their teammates on the football field is the guy that doesn't get invited to play next time. Who'd seriously invite that guy? > > We'll penalize players more harshly and quickly for abuse like the types you've mentioned, but we'll also still eventually penalize players who consistently fall under categories like "legit kind of a dick" or "man I really don't wanna play with that guy again". > > Most players agree with that philosophy, reports made against players like that show as much. We are acting upon those reports. > > Poking fun, havin a laugh, issuing a challenge; that's the sort of stuff that is banter as long as you don't escalate any of that into persistent bullying when it's clear the other player is not up for it. > Banter is not "youre a fucking pussy shen", it just isn't. Yeah it might not be tolerated in the NBL or the NBA But this is OCE blind pick league games, I recommend you go to a country AFL. NRL, or Cricket game and see the type of language that is being used and by the sounds of it you're gonna get a rude shock. Yes there is the summoners code and we all need to adhere to it but people who show use this kind of language at a grass roots level is no where near punished as much (if at all) as professionals are, So you're gonna hold your average player to the same standards you hold your LCS and OPL players to? if not more so? Righto.
: Blind pick's only purpose right now is almost exclusively so people can still play Yasuo. It's pretty much the only way Yasuo and Zed players can actually play their champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-04T22:37:20.879+0000) > > Blind pick's only purpose right now is almost exclusively so people can still play Yasuo. > It's pretty much the only way Yasuo and Zed players can actually play their champs. Shocking the amount of yasuo, riven, and zed players i have seen while leveling.
Niji (OCE)
: I do have an SSD and low ping. Why wouldn't I play blind.
> [{quoted}](name=Niji,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-01-05T07:11:24.418+0000) > > I do have an SSD and low ping. Why wouldn't I play blind. Yeah that's you though... and as i mentioned even if u do have that there is nothing stopping someone from taking the role u asked for and going into your lane and creating a mess in a game and likely a loss.
Wean (OCE)
: There is Normal Draft pick right now, but it may not always appear in game console. You must be at least Summoner Level 10, and you must have at least 20 champions (including the free to play ones) to play that mode. I wonder how many champions you own right now. Blind Pick is for the lower leveled Summoners. Edit: You don't get Smite until you are Summoner level 9, and draft pick allows only one role per champion, you are not allowed to have duo top in that mode. It is possible to get duo top in Blind Pick, provided if you do not have smite.
> [{quoted}](name=Wean,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=UFXd179i,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-04T22:15:17.850+0000) > > There is Normal Draft pick right now, but it may not always appear in game console. > You must be at least Summoner Level 10, and you must have at least 20 champions (including the free to play ones) to play that mode. > I wonder how many champions you own right now. > Blind Pick is for the lower leveled Summoners. > > Edit: You don't get Smite until you are Summoner level 9, and draft pick allows only one role per champion, you are not allowed to have duo top in that mode. > > It is possible to get duo top in Blind Pick, provided if you do not have smite. I am aware there is draft mode right now but im not sure how long ago u leveled up an account but it takes a good long while to actually get 20 champions. i own 10 right now. (ones i dont even play just cheap ones so i can play ranked once im 30)
Rioter Comments
: While that's a very vague answer, I would recommend posting your chat logs if you are unsure what may have gotten you punished. To give you a proper answer where support did not (assuming nothing was edited), someone else being toxic/negative does not give you a right to be, and there is still 3 other players on your team that have to sit there and hear it. If they are toxic, and you report them, then they will have their behaviour reviewed same as you, and will be considered for punishment same as you. If someone told you to kill yourself, they're likely facing an instant 14 day ban (one step from perma) where you only got a chat restriction for whatever you said. In other words you are held accountable for your actions, and they will be held accountable for theirs. "Sensitive words" are only one means of being negative, and you can use most of those words in a completely casual manner. You could be ragging on your team the entire game and not use a single swear, but it's still negative behaviour. This is largely why I recommend posting your chat logs because there seems to be a common misconception that if you aren't swearing you aren't being negative. To clarify some of what the support agent was trying to say (badly), you don't have to be a shining beacon of positivity, but you will be held responsible for negative behaviours, regardless of who started it. If you are struggling to reign in your negativity, then it's best to simply mute and move on, unbind chat if you have to, because fanning the flames doesn't help anyone, it does the exact opposite, and even if being a positive member of the community doesn't mean jack to you, if nothing else it puts you one step closer to losing your account. A lot of people seem to be assuming the lines quoted were what the agent was presenting as evidence, but I'm pretty dang sure he was only giving an example of how not constructive you were being, not saying "this is what got you punished". Obviously we here on boards don't have the luxury of quoting things that would have contributed to your punishment since we can't see your logs, which I why I recommend posting them if you want advice. If the ban was unwarranted then you have community support and fuel to appeal it, and if it was then we can supply you with a much clearer reason why, bearing in mind of course that we cannot see any in game factors that may have contributed.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=rXbpiI4g,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-01-04T05:40:51.074+0000) > > While that's a very vague answer, I would recommend posting your chat logs if you are unsure what may have gotten you punished. > > To give you a proper answer where support did not (assuming nothing was edited), someone else being toxic/negative does not give you a right to be, and there is still 3 other players on your team that have to sit there and hear it. If they are toxic, and you report them, then they will have their behaviour reviewed same as you, and will be considered for punishment same as you. If someone told you to kill yourself, they're likely facing an instant 14 day ban (one step from perma) where you only got a chat restriction for whatever you said. In other words you are held accountable for your actions, and they will be held accountable for theirs. > > "Sensitive words" are only one means of being negative, and you can use most of those words in a completely casual manner. You could be ragging on your team the entire game and not use a single swear, but it's still negative behaviour. This is largely why I recommend posting your chat logs because there seems to be a common misconception that if you aren't swearing you aren't being negative. > > To clarify some of what the support agent was trying to say (badly), you don't have to be a shining beacon of positivity, but you will be held responsible for negative behaviours, regardless of who started it. If you are struggling to reign in your negativity, then it's best to simply mute and move on, unbind chat if you have to, because fanning the flames doesn't help anyone, it does the exact opposite, and even if being a positive member of the community doesn't mean jack to you, if nothing else it puts you one step closer to losing your account. > > A lot of people seem to be assuming the lines quoted were what the agent was presenting as evidence, but I'm pretty dang sure he was only giving an example of how not constructive you were being, not saying "this is what got you punished". > > Obviously we here on boards don't have the luxury of quoting things that would have contributed to your punishment since we can't see your logs, which I why I recommend posting them if you want advice. If the ban was unwarranted then you have community support and fuel to appeal it, and if it was then we can supply you with a much clearer reason why, bearing in mind of course that we cannot see any in game factors that may have contributed. Okay, I really am having a hard time wrapping my head around your logic, you seem like a riot apologist but that's fine. What i'm super confused about with this ban is how you can have a heated discussion with very minimal swearing if any at all and really no direct abuse towards any player and to end up with a 25 chat ban restriction even if he had been punished before, (which can be debated if that one was even justified) you realize the next is a 14 day ban right? This Rioter claims he has gone through this guys account and the best he can come up for an example for his ban is blahahahah? honestly if that's the case god knows what happens when you get a 10 game chat ban? Do you say good job with a smiley face and get one of those? and yes i'm aware the argument is that he isn't using chat very constructively which is fair enough its a bit of spam. great..... you also say its entirely possible that it wasn't just this game but a few bad games leading up to this that caused the chat ban. Riot usually tell you if that's the case or not. I personally believe if riot thinks that someone is not using chat in game correctly, that they should warn them in game that their chat isn't being constructive, a warning in lobby to remember to be constructive in chat or face a ban, or to simply time them out for 3-5 mins at a time in game when the chat isn't being particularly useful. yes of course ban someone when they are straight up being toxic with swear words and constant abuse in chat but the logs he posted he just seemed frustrated with his team mates, clearly he wanted to win. I recently read riot took away warnings due to community feedback and now instead op for straight up bans.. This is a silly mistake. Most people who get a warning would probably get shit scared and stop.. People spend hundreds of hours if not thousands and definitely thousands of dollars on their accounts and a warning to a person who may of just slipped up one game seems reasonable to me. I'm all for cleaning up the community in regards to toxic players but it seems to be you literally cant say anything unless it is G rated or you may face a ban, if this is the case why do we have to option to have no filter on our chats... I personally think league players don't give a shit about chat unless its particularly disgusting, (such as constant spam swearing, racism, sexism, and inting. if people are having a heated discussion in game without it being just a complete flame fest and no one is actually talking about the game just comments like "you're fucking bad" "l2p" "lmao this guy is terrible" in all chat etc. Those are the kind of things that deserve a chat ban maybe even a 14 day ban with it continuing it should be a perm. Yes the things he typed were not ideal but to be one step away from a 14 day ban is just dumb. I mean there are some things in the chat that should be good for example "could have helped you but i'm lagging, sorry bro" and report Jax for suicide. in none of these chats is he just going off on someone. So yeah, i honestly think for cases like these warnings should be issued, and if a warning happens and they do something like this again, yeah ban the fuck out of them. But i feel like riot should just get rid of chat and use pings if this is the threshhold for bans. :)

Doublehit

Level 28 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion