Essembie (OCE)
: Now Belgium declares loot boxes gambling and therefore illegal
Rioter Comments
NNY (OCE)
: PSA:For anyone that has previously been chat restricted.
Am sure there is more context to this conversation but yes, as a general rule, chat restrictions are being given out for spurious reasons and player behaviour have a history of not giving a shit about context. Feed? thats fine. Call your mate a cnt? 14 days.
: Q is her strongest ability to upgrade and offers the best powerspike. You can try yourself and find out after some games that It's much better. Guinsoo is decent but this build is the best. Essence Reaver is even mostly used on probuilds and high elo.
the passive would benefit pretty bigly from AS and AP from guinsoos tho right? Would be interesting to see the state of pro-build 3 weeks after patch.
: Kai'Sa Guide | Diamond | Season 8 | League of Legends
interesting that even post patch there is no AP in this build. I thought that the AP ratios were better post 8.6 so that guinsoos was a decent pick.
Essembie (OCE)
: I uninstalled after my 14-dayer in october at the height of the swear-bot ban hammer insanity and after player behaviour were kinda dicks about it when I challenged them on my ban (which they agreed was a valid challenge but did nothing about the ban). Been playing pretty steadily for the last month or so after an extended break - even dropped some $ on RP for the myshop sales. but after I was tilted in lobby by a dick team mate who deliberately banned my pre-selected champ because they wanted the role I was assigned to (we won that game btw but I was finding the game very hard to enjoy), it got me thinking about what kind of player base riot wants to cultivate and who would likely be punished in that scenario. I came to the same conclusion that most people here did - the guy who banned their team mate's champ would likely get off scott-free and the person who responded was at risk of a ban. That stinks quite frankly - in this community toxic behaviour (as opposed to toxic chat, which can be muted at any time) goes unpunished but 4 bad words in 4 games could actually get you perma'd, irrespective of whether you played properly or not. Was enjoying playing up to a point and was getting some good wins with Veigar and having some fun with Kai'sa too. but in the situation where my own team mate would screw me like that and with the revelation that in responding to that behaviour, I would likely be the one punished I have uninstalled again to take another extended break. losing my border last year over such a trivial issue and the priorities of player behaviour and the mechanisms available to disproportionately punish swearing over toxic in-game behaviour (griefing, inting "we all have bad games" etc etc) has really given me pause to step back and reassess what it is I like about the game. Right now I am not having fun so I'm having another break - going to get me some god of war insanity.
That sad, 8.6 looks like a sweet update.....
Ethvn (OCE)
: Someone who is ready to instigate a negative impact on the game already in Champion Select is already prepared to lose the game for everyone else, which is considered griefing. Person B definitely deserves the punishment. There's no two ways around it. Riot punishes the people that get angry at said people.
> Riot punishes the people that get angry at said people. exactly
: > [{quoted}](name=Essembie,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=zJAPqXzM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-17T21:55:22.159+0000) > > _**March 16, 2018 3:21 p.m**_ > > literally 1 day old when I posted it. > > Not old news at all. I dont think you are following this issue closely. old news
Ethvn (OCE)
: If you get assigned a role that you picked to play, it's yours. You don't have to give it up. Someone banning your champion is going tog et you angry and obviously even I would have said something like "you're a fucking retard".
I agree with you, but you would have been at a high risk of getting a suspension of some sort. I think this is a huge weakness of the system at the moment. No context. If someone acts like a bellend and you call them a bellend, BAM you get suspended do not pass go do not collect $200.
: I see where youre coming from here, this is something I see happening too and it makes me think as well. What it essentially boils down to is: _Is provoked abuse, any less abusive than un-provoked abuse?_ This is a question that really needs to be answered in order to have any sort of universal fairness within a punishment system. It doesn't matter which way you answer the question, as long as you give a clear answer. _________________ From what I see, Riot tends to treat all abuse as equal, regardless of context. Now I'm not saying that is right or wrong, that is just one way of answering the question. However; if context is disregarded, then there should be clear boundaries about what can and cant be said. Therefore if Riot want to treat all abusive words/actions as equal, then they need to release a definite list of instaban words and actions, so the community have clear tenants to follow. Think of the Law in real life, you don't get arrested and sentenced based on a rulebook that is hidden to everyone except the Policemen and Judge, do you? The law and justice system is an open book, that way, if you commit a crime, you can be held accountable because you were informed prior, that said action was wrong. If the system doesn't tell you the specifics of what is and isn't wrong, then you can hardly be blamed for overstepping the bounds. _E.g. If you see someones old sandwich wrapper fall out of their pocket, and you pick it up and put it in the bin, does that count as stealing? What if it was their wallet instead? Its the same action. If you don't have access to the rulebook against which you will be judged, how are you supposed to distinguish one from the other?_ __________________ However if you think that not all abuse is equal, and that context plays a big part. Then you should be able to argue your case. And as it stands, arguing your case to Riot support has the same impact as blowing bubbles at nuclear bunker. So Riot need to choose. Do they allow case-by-case punishment, or do they release the 10 commandments saying _"Thou shalt not say C*nt"_ I can understand them not wanting to release details of how their punishment system works because people will find ways around it. And yes I'm sure that some people will find cracks in the system _(people find cracks in every system)_, maybe calling someone a John Tomas instead of a Cock will save them a chat ban. But at least people know where they stand, and to me, thats more important.
yeah the system seems to punish responses to dicks harder than it punishes dicks and that, by extension, riot has equal tolerance for response as they do for instigation. The way I see it is that instigation is the worse of the two because the response would not have existed if not for the instigation. Someone could be happily ready to play a game, someone does something toxic, they respond with a blacklisted word and BAM they're both as bad as each other. I just feel that this is fundamentally flawed.
: It is a dick move, and it was toxic, but all A had to do was pick a different ADC. Instead, he elects to type %%%%. He lost his cool and could have just picked a different ADC. I think A would be more likely to get hit with a punishment, but they were both in the wrong. I've seen this happen 1 other time; unfortunately, the player decided to give up his lane and pick what was probably not his best champion.
A different ADC was picked, but it put me on the wrong foot from the start of the game and made me resent the team mate and not enjoy that match one bit. So who really is the person impacting play more - the dick who did the dick move and spoiled their team mates game, or the team mate who called the dick a c.u.n.t? The way it stands with player behaviour, game ruining dick moves are fine but calling dicks out with rude words is likely to lead to a ban not for the dick but for the person impacted by the dick's bad behaviour.
: This is old news.
_**March 16, 2018 3:21 p.m**_ literally 1 day old when I posted it. Not old news at all. I dont think you are following this issue closely.
Rioter Comments
Scottez (OCE)
: 4th answer is rito's logic, second answer is a normal persons logic. *After all your responsible for what you say* xD
I uninstalled after my 14-dayer in october at the height of the swear-bot ban hammer insanity and after player behaviour were kinda dicks about it when I challenged them on my ban (which they agreed was a valid challenge but did nothing about the ban). Been playing pretty steadily for the last month or so after an extended break - even dropped some $ on RP for the myshop sales. but after I was tilted in lobby by a dick team mate who deliberately banned my pre-selected champ because they wanted the role I was assigned to (we won that game btw but I was finding the game very hard to enjoy), it got me thinking about what kind of player base riot wants to cultivate and who would likely be punished in that scenario. I came to the same conclusion that most people here did - the guy who banned their team mate's champ would likely get off scott-free and the person who responded was at risk of a ban. That stinks quite frankly - in this community toxic behaviour (as opposed to toxic chat, which can be muted at any time) goes unpunished but 4 bad words in 4 games could actually get you perma'd, irrespective of whether you played properly or not. Was enjoying playing up to a point and was getting some good wins with Veigar and having some fun with Kai'sa too. but in the situation where my own team mate would screw me like that and with the revelation that in responding to that behaviour, I would likely be the one punished I have uninstalled again to take another extended break. losing my border last year over such a trivial issue and the priorities of player behaviour and the mechanisms available to disproportionately punish swearing over toxic in-game behaviour (griefing, inting "we all have bad games" etc etc) has really given me pause to step back and reassess what it is I like about the game. Right now I am not having fun so I'm having another break - going to get me some god of war insanity.
: You've got to remember that B was also taunting A after banning A's champ
For the record the situation happened but nobody was punished. But the situation got me thinking about who was actually being the dick vs who would more likely be punished by riot.
: There is no rule for banning anyone's champ. There had to be a priority, and at this time it is ban>pick. Person A would be more likely to receive a punishment. While B may not have done something appreciated by other teammates, there is no rule against banning champions.
But it was a deliberate dick move by B to force A out of their assigned position because they wanted to duo with C, then saying "shame your champ was banned". You dont see that as toxic? You really think A is the one who deserves the punishment? I mean I agree with you that A would be more likely to get the punishment but in that scenario who deserves it?
Rioter Comments
: Unfair RIOT
not unfair. totally justified.
: My very limited advice (because I'm still complete trash at ADC myself) is to start with a champion that's easy to farm with. I dunno about you but as a support main my CS skills....leave a lot to be desired, so picking up someone like Jinx for ADC who is easier to farm with (in her case because of att speed) was a big help at getting started. Caitlyn is also a pretty safe bet all around. She's got the safety range, the big hits to help with farming (though low att speed) and overall isn't too complex. Sivir is also someone I played a lot cause it's easy to push with her, but that comes with it's own disadvantages as well. I'd recommend staying away from mechanically intensive champs like Vayne/Kai'sa (unless you're going into normals with the expectation of losing lane and it's just for fun/experience) until you really get a handle on the role. They can be super strong for sure (called hyper carries for a reason) but they're very high skill cap (long time to learn and master). It would be like playing Azir or Aurelion as your first ever mid laner, you'll be floundering very quickly.
its weird I always sucked at vayne but I am really enjoying kai'sa
Scottez (OCE)
: you know what you do keep though, your skill level at the game, and the ability to play certain champs, which as i said, has no correlation to a ban. Rank you can get back within a week of your 10 provisional games, providing your plat or under. What you cant get back is the time spent getting mastery points. So yes, you lose everything when you lose an account to teach you your lesson. However the player does not lose his skill, go on, hit me up with some other comment that is redundant.
> go on, hit me up with some other comment that is redundant. Jet fuel cant melt steel beams.
Nightjar (OCE)
: you'd probably get better results dumping them in bronze 1 though. Your average 'legitimate, fresh lvl30' new player is generally high bronze skill level. I also feel the reason riot uses Silver 1 as baseline is that for the few players that don't play very much, it makes it easier to hit gold5 and be satisfied with their rank, and it also helps create a disparity for the really bad players so that they can more quickly be placed in the appropriate rank, since high silver/low gold games are typically more stable than bronze games, hence smaller differences in skill level are easy to disparate than in bronze snowball fiesta, where you need a large sample size to determine individual player skill and not just game variance.
Dimpl (OCE)
: Why are unranked players placed in S1 games
I didnt think it was as high as silver 1, I thought it was low-mid silver, which corresponds to the midpoint of LoL population by volume. I think there are definitely arguments for and against. Throwing a sample of 100 players in at S3, 49 will climb, 49 will fall, and 2 will stay put (gross simplification, but yeah). If you throw 100 in bronze 5, 10 will stay put, and 90 will definitely climb, and of that 90, 50 will likely be above S3 level and will have to go all the way through every bronze tier to get to S3 and beyond. In a way this seems fair, but it also destroys any fighting chance of anyone in B5 looking to climb to B3 because they're just gonna get stomped. If you throw 100 in Plat, 1 will stay there, and 99 will fall. I think it is just a numbers thing - population distributed as a bell curve by volume has a mid point around S3. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution/oce
Rioter Comments
Örnn Bot (OCE)
: One shotting (autos/abilities)
zed is aids right now. and pretty much perma banned at my ELO.
: help with maining
yeah. Why not.
Ethvn (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Essembie,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=ZkUwoV40,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-11T09:28:30.713+0000) > > I really like that idea. Instant feedback that what a person is saying is not appreciated. gives an incentive to troll/int knowing they're being ignored.
TheSholva (OCE)
: OCE Ranked needs serious attention - My thoughts as a long time player on OCE and EU servers
> "X has muted you" I really like that idea. Instant feedback that what a person is saying is not appreciated.
Rioter Comments
: Your Shop event issue for full skins accounts
: Yeah they know what champions you play often, and do the deals on that. Targeted sales for a reason lol.
> [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=E4m3g84o,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-09T07:36:18.024+0000) > > Yeah they know what champions you play often, and do the deals on that. > > Targeted sales for a reason lol. it ****ing worked on me. Bastards ha ha ha!
Rioter Comments
: Kai'sa is going to be nerfed.
The pattern of rito releases has tended to be release an op champ, get people on the hype train to get to know the champ and buy a skin or two, then wind the power back a bit a few months later.
: to be fair though, we kinda have to thank EA for ruining it for everyone.
> [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=WgUd0Z7e,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-06T07:27:08.902+0000) > > to be fair though, we kinda have to thank EA for ruining it for everyone. at least they brought the issue of exploitative pricing strategies to light with their exploitative pricing strategies. You'd hear of the odd mobile game fleecing a few kids here and everyone avoided that game like the plague. But when it was adopted by a mainstream gaming company in mainstream games, it became a mainstream issue.
: OCE Server Maintenance March 6th - 8th.
Update speeds are horrendous. 50kbps down (speed test shows connection gets 22mbps so it isnt at my end). for a 9 gig update, we'll be done in 2,900 minutes which is only ....... 48 hours ......
Talon12 (OCE)
: Lets be real. EA lost everyones respect.
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=WgUd0Z7e,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-06T07:17:46.531+0000) > > Lets be real. EA lost everyones respect. yep. they took it to the limit and utterly destroyed a number of well loved franchises by monetising them, sometimes to a ridiculous extent (they pissed all over the great game that was dungeon keeper - utterly destroyed it). https://i.imgur.com/5RB07XT.jpg
Rioter Comments
: Players like this
https://media.tenor.com/images/cc8879b3b9a5b1d8d9bd246605189676/tenor.gif
Talon12 (OCE)
: riot is going to have to eventually either modify loot boxes, remove them or put an 18+ age restriction on the game because they are considered gambling
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=WgUd0Z7e,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-03T11:22:01.978+0000) > > riot is going to have to eventually either modify loot boxes, remove them or put an 18+ age restriction on the game because they are considered gambling there are definitely many countries making moves to classify them as such, Australia included.
vladiq (EUW)
: WHO IS THE BEST ELEMENTALIST LUX? | SMEB's 1000th KILL on LCK
The girl on the right must have hit puberty early.
Sonìc (OCE)
: Free Coaching for Bronze/Silver/Gold players
: Microtransactions
I used to drop a lot of money on Rito but haven't since loot boxes became a thing. They're exploitative and against the grain of everything that made riot a profitable FTP done right.
: Connection issues like these are far more often than not either on your end or your ISPs, not Riot. Riot have no control over those issues. If you are using a wireless connection, I would recommend switching to a wired one if at all possible, it's always going to be more stable. I would also recommend taking a look at https://lagreport.oce.leagueoflegends.com (once it comes back up) as it can give you a pretty good idea of where issues are occurring (bad ISP score means it's your ISP, bad score for your individual connection means it's something on your end). You wouldn't have received a 20 minute LPQ unless you have a significant history of leaving. It's well and truly understood that shit happens, and can't always be avoided which is why you get quite a few free passes before facing LPQs, but at a point it becomes your responsibility to prevent your circumstances from affecting your ability to commit a game. Every leave affects up to 9 other players.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=PK6WZdPF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-27T07:38:48.486+0000) > > Connection issues like these are far more often than not either on your end or your ISPs, not Riot. Riot have no control over those issues. > > If you are using a wireless connection, I would recommend switching to a wired one if at all possible, it's always going to be more stable. I would also recommend taking a look at https://lagreport.oce.leagueoflegends.com (once it comes back up) as it can give you a pretty good idea of where issues are occurring (bad ISP score means it's your ISP, bad score for your individual connection means it's something on your end). > > You wouldn't have received a 20 minute LPQ unless you have a significant history of leaving. It's well and truly understood that shit happens, and can't always be avoided which is why you get quite a few free passes before facing LPQs, but at a point it becomes your responsibility to prevent your circumstances from affecting your ability to commit a game. Every leave affects up to 9 other players. https://media.tenor.com/images/b88aaec19e0ceb4ca47c859f410f6908/tenor.png
Rioter Comments
Fallion (OCE)
: Who is the voice actress of Kai'Sa?
when is she released? Looks like a cool champ.
: http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=konquest236 1. Stop playing Lux. You suck at Lux. Your cs on her is awful. You seriously don't get her W until level 13... wow. If you want to keep playing her, learn to cs better and learn a proper skill order to maximise her potential. 2. Upgrade your trinket. its free at lvl 9. just do it. 3. play more and play often. the only way to get better is to play more and learn from mistakes. Stop thinking your only in Bronze because of teammates and "you do well against higher ranked people". 4. Play more! Your account has almost no ranked games over 3 years. My rough rule is, you can tell where someone deserves to be after 50 ranked games and they usually are where they belong after 100.
> [{quoted}](name=BarryButcher,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=jNGimeBb,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-21T08:26:25.524+0000) >My rough rule is, you can tell where someone deserves to be after 50 ranked games and they usually are where they belong after 100. Although a good rule of thumb, not a hard and fast rule. I think everyone has an upper limit that they will never pass. But I think many people are stuck well below their upper limit because they just dont know the game. I dont reckon I'll ever get gold because I am not good enough in a 1v1 against a gold opponent - just dont have the micro skills. But I can lose lane and carry game in silver because I can make up for a lack of micro skills with some learned macro - I dont tilt too easily, I ward a bit, I pay attention to build order and itemisation, and I keep an eye on minimap. These are techniques that can be learned to maximise natural potential. So while he (assuming he because of the 'Kon' in konquest) might be stuck after 100 games, if he starts warding more in game 101 he'll start to climb. If he tilts less from game 110 on he'll climb. if he chooses the best build order to maximise impact on the game from game 120, he'll climb. If he doesnt push out and wards and keeps an eye on minimap, he'll climb. Everyone has a potential to be reached and a ceiling they'll never pass. But learning the game allows you to get to that ceiling. Bronze is a low ceiling - if I can get out, anyone can.
: Stuck in Bronze
I got out of bronze 2 to S4 in about 4 days. I'm stuck in silver because I am silver level.
Rioter Comments
Nightjar (OCE)
: well then all I can really suggest is warwick. His gameplay is a little different, but in terms of range of what he can do, his tempo is very similar to Vi from past seasons, and he gets alot of choice in the new runes, alot of tankshred, squishy murder, and healing, strong cc, engage (though as Vi you probably shouldn't be engaging for a 5v5, wait till a real tank like Alistair, Rammus, malphite does that, similar to how an irelia is not an engager), and alot of early damage, and a very fast and healthy jungle clear (though I still suggest learning correct kiting of the camps because this makes a big difference to Vi's and many other junglers early performance, few champions have enough sustain to just sit still autoing and facetanking the jungle camps).
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=dAKffPQy,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-18T23:39:02.490+0000) > > well then all I can really suggest is warwick. His gameplay is a little different, but in terms of range of what he can do, his tempo is very similar to Vi from past seasons, and he gets alot of choice in the new runes, alot of tankshred, squishy murder, and healing, strong cc, engage (though as Vi you probably shouldn't be engaging for a 5v5, wait till a real tank like Alistair, Rammus, malphite does that, similar to how an irelia is not an engager), and alot of early damage, and a very fast and healthy jungle clear (though I still suggest learning correct kiting of the camps because this makes a big difference to Vi's and many other junglers early performance, few champions have enough sustain to just sit still autoing and facetanking the jungle camps). I've looked through some of my old builds. I am going to try a resolve setup to see if it makes a difference but if that is bad too I'm just gonna stick with zac. Might give WW another look but I have previously gone too ham with him and I get my timing all wrong. Maybe give xin another look too - I played him quite well a few seasons ago but got bored of his style.
Nightjar (OCE)
: with vi atm you need to remember not to fight duelist junglers like warwick head on, and focus hard on early rotations (hell do a full clear if you have to) and kiting for clearspeed and health, then go warrior enchant with preferably blue smite into lethality and then tanky. As VI you're uniquely mobile whilst having cc and burst. Vi has amazing CC and ganks, but she doesn't get alot of her raw damage until she gets one or two items. Vi isn't bad, her strength is still above the average for junglers atm, she's just less dominant. She's also less tanky with this season's runes, and the increased damage of this meta, so she's more like a fighter such as Camille, than a bruiser like Darius, and durability for her is more dependant on being ahead of the curve than actual tank stats. Also a mistake I've only recently realised that's been holding me back this season, and may be holding many others back as well is, 'listening to the calls of teammates', you might have gold elo shotcalling, and when you look at toplane, you see a darius 60xp off lvl6, your garen has 250hp and is calling for a gank, you think 'if I go top, he's going to hit lvl6, ult garen, max his stacks and then kill me', my coach noticed that I said to myself 'this is stupid, if I go top he'll kill us both, this isn't going to work' in my voice comms, but my garen spam pinged, and I headed top, and as expected, darius killed us both. I should have just recalled and told garen to recall and tp back to lane. If your greatest strength is gold shotcalling, if you listen to your silver teammates and stop thinking for yourself, you have silver shotcalling, and have lost one of your strengths.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=dAKffPQy,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-18T23:20:28.891+0000) > > Vi has amazing CC and ganks, but she doesn't get alot of her raw damage until she gets one or two items. Vi isn't bad, her strength is still above the average for junglers atm, she's just less dominant. She's also less tanky with this season's runes, and the increased damage of this meta, so she's more like a fighter such as Camille, than a bruiser like Darius, and durability for her is more dependant on being ahead of the curve than actual tank stats. > Good points. I think you really might be onto something with the runes actually - my previous setup was tank / shield based which gave me a lot more bigness but the ones I am running now are more damage based which is why I am comparatively more squishy. Might have to go back to the drawing board because current setup doesnt seem to match my old playstyle.
Show more

Essembie

Level 63 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion