: Supp items
Even when playing as a utility support, I like to build tanky items to actually be helpful to my ADC rather than be just as squishy as them (watching Zed ulting a 200 armour Nami/Rakan is just an absolute joy). I really like Knight's Vow, even more than Redemption. It might not be as strong as Locket, but I still feel like it helps me protect my carry, and that healing it gives based off your bound ally's attacks has saved me from Ignite damage at least a few times. That being said though, I'd love to try out the new Zeke's sometime on Rakan or Leona, but I haven't really played either one often enough lately to get the chance.
: > Your first mistake is calling Nasus a "tank". If something has over 4000 HP with enough resistances provided from deadmans and spirit visage _(among other items)_ to never be killed. It pretty safely classifies as a tank! Regardless of whatever else it's supposed to be. Saying _"oh yea, but juggernauts are supposed to kill **anyone**"_, doesn't help the argument. That just shows how retarded the balance team at riot is, if they think its okay to have an entire class who is allowed to _"destroy anyone in their way"_. Also, no one ever has shrugged late game Nasus damage off like it was nothing. Thats like saying late game Veigar is weak because Leona gets 3 hit instead of 1 hit. If a Nasus isn't doing well late game, its purely because they didn't farm Q enough. Also comparing someone's balance to Darius is a hollow argument, seeming Darius is probably the single most fucked top laner in the game. Remember that Skarner is a juggernaut as well, and I don't see Skarner 3-hitting towers like Nasus, or healing to full HP with a single axe swing like Darius. > they deserve to lose for trying to 1v1 a Juggernaut. Are you saying that it's okay to have champions in the game that literally no one can kill in a fair fight? Seems op to me. You say that Nasus has trouble getting to the back liners and is easy to kite? With Ghost, Stormraiders and a slow that is basically a snare. a great many back line champions would disagree with you there! Especially the ones without dashes. Not to mention when he does get to the back line, he genuinely 1-2 hits them. So it **SHOULD** be hard for him to get to them. Yes Nasus's slow is only a single target, so is Veigar's ult, but that doesn't make Veigar balanced. It means he can utterly fuck one person, instead of mildly annoy a lot of people. Yes the game is not balanced around low elo. But seeming [90% of players ARE low elo.](http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution) It causes a **lot** of problems when they make changes like this, so there are restrictions on how just much they can ignore us _(and boy do they go out of their way to push those bounds...)_ Is Nasus the most OP champ in the game? No, far from it. Did he need these changes? No, not at all. No champion _(or class *coughjuggernautcough)_ in the game should be balanced around the premise of being 'unstoppable'.
> If something has over 4000 HP with enough resistances provided from deadmans and spirit visage _(among other items)_ to never be killed. > It pretty safely classifies as a tank! Regardless of whatever else it's supposed to be. Nasus is tanky, but he's not a 'tank', not in the true sense of the word that is. Tanks are specifically meant to soak up damage and disrupt the enemy team through their CC. Nasus just deals a tonne of damage and builds tanky items to ensure that he can keep dealing his damage for longer. [This nice URL here leads to a Rioter post that explains the difference better than I ever could.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/0LLAKMum-what-separates-a-tank-from-a-juggernaut) > Saying _"oh yea, but juggernauts are supposed to kill **anyone**"_, doesn't help the argument. That just shows how retarded the balance team at riot is, if they think its okay to have an entire class who is allowed to _"destroy anyone in their way"_. As someone who absolutely loathes fighting Darius or any of his ~~goons~~ relevant Juggernaut buddies, I agree. But unfortunately, it _is_ a class in the game, and Nasus is explicitly stated to be in said class. > Also, no one ever has shrugged late game Nasus damage off like it was nothing. Thats like saying late game Veigar is weak because Leona gets 3 hit instead of 1 hit. If a Nasus isn't doing well late game, its purely because they didn't farm Q enough. The only similarity between Veigar and Nasus is a stacking mechanic. Veigar gets bonus AP, not extra damage on a single ability (i.e. his stacks make _all_ of his abilities stronger). It's very easy to itemize against Nasus because every tank worth their salt builds HP and armour, whereas MR is a little less important as the enemy may only have one or two sources of magic damage. That being said, a Nasus with 600 stacks and TF can deal about 1000 damage pre-mitigation at level 16. That's...a little unsettling, but this is BEST CASE scenario. A tank should be able to survive about 5 seconds, not including the time in which Nasus is CCed, which is more than enough time to kill him in. And this is not even including items that the tank themselves might have like Randuins, Locket and Knight's Vow... > Also comparing someone's balance to Darius is a hollow argument, seeming Darius is probably the single most fucked top laner in the game. > Remember that Skarner is a juggernaut as well, and I don't see Skarner 3-hitting towers like Nasus, or healing to full HP with a single axe swing like Darius. True, but Darius does pretty much fulfil the Juggernaut fantasy, so another Juggernaut being able to compare themselves to Darius means that at least their thematic is right... And shredding towers is part of Nasus' speciality as a split-pusher/late-game damage machine. If he's specifically 3-hitting your towers, you've probably already lost the game for dragging it on too long anyway. > Are you saying that it's okay to have champions in the game that literally no one can kill in a fair fight? > Seems op to me. You're taking my sentence out of context. I never said "can't be killed", I said a _carry_ should always lose to a Juggernaut in a 1v1, even more so in a _fair_ fight. And it's not OP because the game is ~~supposed to be~~ designed around a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. Consider this: If an Assassin and an ADC of equal skill face off, shouldn't the Assassin come out on top every time? Now pretend I said "Juggernaut" instead of "Assassin" and "some poor carry who's most likely immobile" inste- Oh wait... (Plus, some champions are designed to thrive in 1v1s. It's not 'OP', it's their role.) > You say that Nasus has trouble getting to the back liners and is easy to kite? > With Ghost, Stormraiders and a slow that is basically a snare. a great many back line champions would disagree with you there! Especially the ones without dashes. Not to mention when he does get to the back line, he genuinely 1-2 hits them. So it **SHOULD** be hard for him to get to them. If Nasus ever does indeed reach the backline, then it means that he either flashed, or someone was out of position. Ghost has a moderately high cooldown, so it's not fair to include it as a reliable way to get to the backline, and he needs to hit someone to actually proc Stormraiders. This is why he's not played in higher elo, because, to the pros at least, it's fairly obvious when someone like Nasus is about to Flash, and a good carry will never let themselves be caught out of position for Ghost/Wither to even matter. This new buff, I think, was meant to give Nasus a way to get to the back by brute-forcing his way. Not necessarily healthy for the game, but it's an important buff to help him stay relevant nonetheless, considering that most of the time he'd be left hitting the tanks without any reliable tools to do so. And if the % shred bothers you? _Walk outside of his Spirit Fire._ Boom, counter-play. > Yes Nasus's slow is only a single target, so is Veigar's ult, but that doesn't make Veigar balanced. It means he can utterly fuck one person, instead of mildly annoy a lot of people. A game like League of Legends will never be balanced. There will _always_ be a case where one champion is stronger than the other. As painful as Nasus' W is, he really can't do without it. He has nothing else to let him get to his target, or even stay there if he manages to walk up to them. Making it weaker will completely kill Nasus. Changing it to a gapcloser/short stun will only make him more overbearing. At least you can still Flash or use your abilities when you're slowed. > Is Nasus the most OP champ in the game? No, far from it. > Did he need these changes? No, not at all. I think that the E change was necessary. Flat armour penetration makes no sense at all for a champion who's meant to shine late game. 1.1 second Q, while gated by his ult, is probably still really powerful. I think even if it was just 2 seconds, it'd be more than generous. > No champion _(or class *coughjuggernautcough)_ in the game should be balanced around the premise of being 'unstoppable'. I think if it's done right, it's a really cool idea. 'Unstoppable' is also a pretty subjective term. For example, I think that Zed can be quite 'unstoppable' when he appears out of nowhere, ults your carry and disappears just as quickly as you count down to your carry's death. I guess if they make the Juggernauts' weakness of being kited more prominent, then they'd be somewhat easier to deal with. ~~And honestly, why the hell does Darius have a pull AND a movement speed boost? God I wish they gave Garen a harder kit so he can get the same amount of love.~~
: Who was the creative genius behind the Nasus change?
Now I'm not arguing for or against Nasus, as it has been a long while since I've played him seriously and I'd like to keep this debate as objective as possible. But I'll still try my best to explain the buffs nonetheless. Your first mistake is calling Nasus a "tank". Nasus is **not** a tank, he is a Juggernaut. Quoting Riot straight from the Juggernauts Update page: >"They’re League’s hulking titans who, come late game, turn into super tanky carries who’ll _pretty much_ destroy **anyone** foolish enough to get in their way." I bolded "anyone" to emphasise the fact that as a Juggernaut, Nasus is expected to be able to deal a high amount of damage to anything and everything within his range, **whether it's a carry or a tank**. Now this is where you see a problem with Nasus before the latest patch; he had no reliable way of actually dealing with frontliners. He was actually _weaker_ late game than he was mid game solely because by the time that late game came around, the enemy tanks would be able to shrug his damage like it meant nothing. When was the last time another Juggernaut like Darius failed to do damage to a tank? ~~Except when he's behind because even a blind horse could tell you that.~~ The new % shred on E means that Nasus is no longer focusing the enemy tanks like a moron while their ADC whacks him from behind, but instead does meaningful damage to them if he can't reach the backline. I know that everyone loves to quote his W when someone else mentions that he has no way of getting to his targets, but they must realise that the slow is single-target and it doesn't grant Nasus any special power to stop himself from being CCed. Unless the carry is trying to 1v1 Nasus, then in that case, they deserve to lose for trying to 1v1 a Juggernaut. Also, I'd like to mention that you said this in another reply: > Nasus has no trade off for everything he gets. The only saving grace is that Nasus is a bronze stomper and anywhere above gold will hardly suffer. I feel sorry for those in bronze. Pretty much ban Nasus at this point. Riot doesn't balance the game around low elo. In fact, I don't think they could care less about Bronze-Gold, or even up to Platinum, so comparing these buffs to an elo that they weren't designed for is a little...moot? And the bit about having no trade-offs isn't right, but I think I've blabbed on enough for now. In my _personal opinion_, the R Q buff is probably a little much, but Nasus desperately needed some % shred on his E to make sure that he functions like the late game carry he's meant to be.
: Road to Pre-Season: Mastery Updates
That Courage of the Colossus is going to be so sexy on Sejuani.
: When you have an entire design team who spends their days re-creating champs from scratch in order to create new skins (including completely changing their abilities... Yes its pretty fuckin easy. Take this guy for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelZY_2hbKM fully re-creates skin particles (not just the colour, but EVERYTHING) and it takes him less than a day (and he's just 1 guy with average equipment) so yea.. if you have an entire team of professionals, that you employ for the sole reason of making skin particles... Yes. Its really really easy to change just the colour of the particle effects.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=pEj6Ee6n,discussion-id=i0i8q5TL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-08-12T00:31:39.761+0000) > > When you have an entire design team who spends their days re-creating champs from scratch in order to create new skins (including completely changing their abilities... > > Yes its pretty fuckin easy. > > Take this guy for example: > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelZY_2hbKM > > fully re-creates skin particles (not just the colour, but EVERYTHING) and it takes him less than a day (and he's just 1 guy with average equipment) > > so yea.. if you have an entire team of professionals, that you employ for the sole reason of making skin particles... Yes. Its really really easy to change just the colour of the particle effects. Maybe I'm just stupid, but where does it say it only took a day to make that custom skin? While I think the skin is pretty cool, it has a terrible colour scheme for visual clarity (would you even see minions anymore if that Q is on top of them?) and it also looks pretty clunky (Lux freezes after every action). That's why skins take time to make: Riot has to be 100% sure that the skin doesn't break or hurt the game in any way at all otherwise potentially thousands of players could be affected in a negative way. Now I don't claim to know how the skin making process works, but as someone who is studying IT, I can guarantee you that almost anything that can go wrong will go wrong. It's better for Riot and players that skins take 2-3 months to make and release, and ensure that they are bug free, rather than release a skin every 2-3 days and hope to God your game doesn't decide to go ballistic.
: What you say about chromas is very true. So many champions have a lot of skins, but theres always 1 or 2 that you just always go back to because they're just so much better than all the rest. For example when you play Vlad, even if you own all of the skins, its hard to break away from Soulstealer and Bloodlord. The same with Zombie and Spirit fire brand. or PROJECT: Yi/Ashe, (or any of the project skins tbh) once you have those, all others seem invalid. The only main champs I play, that I _regularly_ make the cycle through all the skins would be: Karthus Poppy Gnar Shen And to be honest it only happens with those champs _(with the obvious exception of Gnar where ALL the skins are evenly)_ because none of their skins are particularly great. _(like seriously, how easy would it be to change the colour of Karthus' particles?... come on)_
You know changing the colour of particles isn't as easy as loading up a palette and using "Fill" right?
: True, but he pretty much deletes any champs existence who relies on their ability to land for their whole kit to work. Example Draven. Braum, Ash, Diana (all obvious shit.) Like really, he even blocks shit on the ground like braum ult or nami ult. That's ridiculous. I might need to learn him but then again I am a person who never lowers myself to the level of being a meta slave. I play who I feel like.
> [{quoted}](name=VENI VIDI VICI,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=2bOnu2Ud,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-07-26T13:08:04.610+0000) > > True, but he pretty much deletes any champs existence who relies on their ability to land for their whole kit to work. Example Draven. Braum, Ash, Diana (all obvious shit.) Like really, he even blocks shit on the ground like braum ult or nami ult. That's ridiculous. I might need to learn him but then again I am a person who never lowers myself to the level of being a meta slave. I play who I feel like. I love playing against Yasuo in mid lane. I have yet to lose to him when I rush Zhonya. What really annoys me is when suddenly he goes from 0/4 to 5/4 because he finished two items. That's not fun at all.
: Why does playing solo queue not reward anyone?
What do you mean you get nothing? You get an Emblem that shows you play mostly solo (I love how Rito added it as if it means anything at all and is a good solution for dynamic queue). I still can't believe they don't have an Emblem called Fire Emblem. So much missed [strikethrough]puns[/strikethrough] potential.
: I find it funny how it's only people who play Riven have an idea on this. It's only a 975 skin or whatever it is that barely has any changes apart form the actual model. I think when they get their hands on the skin they will be disappointed. Spend your RP on something else, like Battle Bunny or a skin for another champion that isn't called Riven lol. That's just my opinion, not a fact. Now some Riven main is probably gonna get mad at me. oh well, haters gonna hate lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=BurningAvalanche,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=6q9QRBdK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-07-27T10:54:41.895+0000) > > I find it funny how it's only people who play Riven have an idea on this. It's only a 975 skin or whatever it is that barely has any changes apart form the actual model. I think when they get their hands on the skin they will be disappointed. Spend your RP on something else, like Battle Bunny or a skin for another champion that isn't called Riven lol. That's just my opinion, not a fact. Now some Riven main is probably gonna get mad at me. oh well, haters gonna hate lmao. I dunno man, looks like a 975 RP skin by today's standards; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOB6Hy5enE
Rioter Comments
: Gotta love it when someone steals your IP and Riot doesn't refund it. Yay.
How does someone even steal your IP?
: > [{quoted}](name=Firebolt12,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=62dRENHx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-07T03:27:38.835+0000) > > Tbh Irelia's ult needed a nerf. The heal could always turn around fights in lane, and having it up in every skirmish was suffocating for the opponent. If anything needs a nerf in top lane, it might be all the bloody movement speed champs can get from their items. Fought a Darius the other day that seemed to have perma-Ghost. i prefer garen q should b nerf with 0.1 sec silence + cho silence 0.1 sec as well with xin w nearf onlt able to get 1heal on every hit of course he heals a lot right so he should be nerf, but wait better nerf irelia bcoz her R heals n change fight -__-'
> [{quoted}](name=IndianGamer,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=62dRENHx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-07-09T20:13:06.394+0000) > > i prefer garen q should b nerf with 0.1 sec silence + cho silence 0.1 sec as well with xin w nearf onlt able to get 1heal on every hit of course he heals a lot right so he should be nerf, but wait better nerf irelia bcoz her R heals n change fight -__-' Lel it's Garen's tankiness + damage that's a problem, not his silence.
: They need to gut her. Ever since that new trinity force change she's even harder to stop her snowball. The least they could do is reduce the amount of stun time considering she gets 40% more attack speed making her able to deal even more damage while you're stunned by the longest(also undodgeable) stun in the game excluding a few, and every other stun in the game is gated by requiring specific conditions that aren't as easy as "Have less or as much % HP as your enemy". TF is the only other one with as long and as easy a stun as Irelia's, but he can't actually chase you down after he's used his abilities either giving you a chance of survival and he has to put himself in a bad position usually to do so. I'd be happy if her stun was just 1.25 seconds or 1.5 seconds even. 2 seconds allows her to half health you in that time unless you're Malphite or something.
> [{quoted}](name=Atrushan2,realm=NA,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=62dRENHx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-09T08:19:06.775+0000) > > They need to gut her. Ever since that new trinity force change she's even harder to stop her snowball. The least they could do is reduce the amount of stun time considering she gets 40% more attack speed making her able to deal even more damage while you're stunned by the longest(also undodgeable) stun in the game excluding a few, and every other stun in the game is gated by requiring specific conditions that aren't as easy as "Have less or as much % HP as your enemy". TF is the only other one with as long and as easy a stun as Irelia's, but he can't actually chase you down after he's used his abilities either giving you a chance of survival and he has to put himself in a bad position usually to do so. I'd be happy if her stun was just 1.25 seconds or 1.5 seconds even. 2 seconds allows her to half health you in that time unless you're Malphite or something. The reason Irelia has such a long stun is that she relies on it to not get kited by people. If you've noticed, she's only got one gapcloser, which is refreshed only if she kills something with it. She's got no other CC, and considering 99% of her damage is from autoattacks, it'd be kinda bad for her if she couldn't even hit anyone. At least it's not an AoE stun like Jax. Speaking of which, Jax, since the beginning of time, makes Irelia's day especially hard. At every point of the game (except maybe level 2), Jax is stronger than Irelia; at least a Jax who understands the basics of dueling is (I've fought a lot of shitty Jaxes).
: Irelia Nerf again
Tbh Irelia's ult needed a nerf. The heal could always turn around fights in lane, and having it up in every skirmish was suffocating for the opponent. If anything needs a nerf in top lane, it might be all the bloody movement speed champs can get from their items. Fought a Darius the other day that seemed to have perma-Ghost.
Placebo (OCE)
: Well the time between Challenger Ahris release and Championship Rivens release is drastic. Comparing a skin released again a year after being made to a skin made around 4 years ago is laughable. I wasn't really a fan of the re-release of the Harrowing skins, even with the original people getting the border and icon. That isn't really much of a rebate for losing the rarity of an item. Also adding it to hextech crafting I think isn't a good idea because I just generally think the skin shouldn't be obtainable anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Placebo,realm=OCE,application-id=pEj6Ee6n,discussion-id=H4AAd1aT,comment-id=000200060001,timestamp=2016-06-29T06:02:53.168+0000) > > Well the time between Challenger Ahris release and Championship Rivens release is drastic. Comparing a skin released again a year after being made to a skin made around 4 years ago is laughable. I wasn't really a fan of the re-release of the Harrowing skins, even with the original people getting the border and icon. That isn't really much of a rebate for losing the rarity of an item. Also adding it to hextech crafting I think isn't a good idea because I just generally think the skin shouldn't be obtainable anymore. To be honest, I don't think rarity means anything at all in this game. 1. Bragging about having a 'rare' skin isn't very nice, and is likely to leave a sour taste in your teammates' mouth. I also don't think people even care unless they were interested in the skin themselves, and if they are, it's kind of not right they can't buy it because they didn't even know the game existed (applicable for the really old skins) or just weren't able to at the time for whatever reason. 2. Considering you can't sell second-hand skins in this game, having a 'rare' skin means nothing at all. It's not like if they re-release a skin, a person will pay any less than you did. That said, I realise people bought accounts that might have contained said rare skins. Account selling and buying is illegal however, so it's their fault for breaking the law in the first place. It's not like they're releasing Victorious skins, which actually required effort to obtain. All that was special about Championship skins is that you had RP in your account when it was released. That's it. You didn't have to get to Diamond or win 1000 games in two weeks or whatever.
Placebo (OCE)
: With that argument, why can't I buy a house for the same price as they were back in the 1960's (with inflation and all adjusted)? You are also speaking like you have some kind of right to the skin, when in fact you don't. You also say we don't know what it's like to want something and not have it, well I'm sure everyone has had this. You can't say that you don't have the same opportunities as the people who bought it because there are people who are born into poverty and war. They never had the "Opportunities" you had, never in their lives would they think they would argue over a virtual item. Missing an opportunity is a problem everyone faces but you can't just complain about it till you get it. I didn't get the chance to get URF Warwick and I really want it too, but it doesn't mean I should be able to get it just like the people who bought it ~4 years ago.
Sorry, replied to the wrong comment.
: Ikr, I main support, so its super hard to get S's once I get them champion mastery 6. But I can always play them mid{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Tell your top laner to let you walk to the tower first before they get there. Since position determines score, and hardly any supports are played top, this will increase your chances of an S (I legit went Zyra top once because of bad communication (support didn't tell me they were supporting), and got an A+ even though I didn't do good).
ItsReidy (OCE)
: played master yi adc 24-0 no S seems legit
It's because you played Master Yi.
: Patch 6.13 notes
Still waiting for the announcement of a Fire Emblem emblem...
Melblol (OCE)
: 20 sec for swain??? are you for real ? the guy have slow Q,W,E PLUS terrible basic attack ? and now wait 20 sec to save his ass ?pfff come on riot have better champs to fix! like AZIr range!! have a mad early game, like LB still a champ that can just jump kill easy one champ and run away so easy! swain should have one way to defend him self from that 20 sec! also swain is just madness after being badly feed or very late game !!
You know with 40% CDR, the cooldown is only 12 seconds right? I think that's still broken considering it can give you sustain in lane for dirt a cheap cost (~60 mana in patch 6.13 for 2 seconds). If you have to constantly use R to "save his ass", then I can assure you that you are playing him very wrong considering he has a slow and a root. His R isn't an anti-disengage tool, but rather a "IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!" ability.
: give it to the more deserving people who put the time,effort and money in the game.Make it like the promos thing you's have like your ranked system but also make it at a price for like $1850 RP once u pass your certain amount of games but only make it for a certain amount of time not to long but yet not to short im sure you's are able to she might lose value but you gain from it too p.s first time doing this type of thing :) For all riven lovers i am one
$1850 RP... Soooo is that $1850 or 1850 RP, or $1850 worth of RP?
: Honestly, do not re-release Championship Riven, these types of skins should be a reward for competitions / ladder play. If you missed out, sign up for the next one with a team/solo, try and do well and improve. Stop bending to the pressure of those who don't have it, i don't have it. I like the skin, i like the fact i can't acquire it. It makes me look to the upcoming events and rewards with more interest and makes me contemplate participating. And isn't that what the gaming community about ultimately? Creating positive growth so you as a company have a business and livelihood and we the users a product we enjoy and a way to compete and relax whilst being rewarded? And no, Hextech annie is not a replacement for your championship riven or a bonus, because then the reason for hextech annie is pointless. Zal has a point, throw it into the Hextech crafting system, maybe another target for 10 gems, i disagree giving those gems to people whom already have Champ riven, you're just giving them a bonus skin. However the best method whilst still making it extremely rare, and well, doing what a business should... boosting sales in a way thats fun for the consumer. Because at present, you're limiting yourself with RP income atm with mystery champ shard release, you may counter it a bit with RP purchases for hextech chests, but i guessing your revenue went down the last 4weeks, not up. How to fix that? If you're really set on re-releasing championship riven to the general public for no effort. Hextech loot system would be best. edit; p.s- Hextech Annie is very underwhelming for the difficulty it is. Collectors only do it for the show off value, and even then... it's more like "congratulations on spending a couple of hundred dollars on RP". needs to be a bit balanced i think, im guessing the gemstone drop rate is around 3-5% chance per chest as thats roughly the stats im (probably closer to 5-7% havent done the total math, around 25-35 chests opened and only had 3, which i turned into more chests because... Who GIAF about hextech annie other than show off value?
I'm a bit confused as to why you think Championship Riven should be a reward for being good at League. All of the Championship skins are made as a celebration of the end of a season. What you're thinking of are VICTORIUS skins, which are only available to players who achieve Gold V and up at the end of the season. I think they should re-release this skin, as well as the other Championship skins, at the end of each season, just like they re-release Harrowing skins for the Harrowing and Challenger skins at the beginning of a new season (BTW they made Challenger Ahri available again this year, so it makes no sense not to make Championship skins available).
: Champion and skin sale: 24.06. - 28.06.
That awkward moment when Riot still uses old Nidalee's splashes.
: Rethinking Ranked Fives and Tuning Dynamic Queue
This is cool and all... But how do I achieve the Fire Emblem?
: Still waiting for a {{champion:131}} skin... Any skin for her, how much longer must I wait?
Infernal Diana?
p4ncakes (OCE)
: Butchers Bridge and ARAM
I just want that Bilgewater music back in game more than anything. It's a lot more lively than the current Summoner's Rift/Howling Abyss music.
Arcades01 (OCE)
: Countering Zed as an ADC (patch 6.11)
Sterak's is your only hope... I build it as a third item when I'm Ashe vs a Rengar, does wonders for me.
: I wasn't flaming, I was busy begging Morgana to help me ward and clear. Someone has to tell her. Oh, and I main support, haha. I know how much idiocy you have to put up with. Here are some common ones; 1) IT'S DRAGON!! Our jungler is dead, the enemy team is fighting fit, our top has no TP and is pushing furiously while the enemy top laner has roamed to dragon - good on him, he's doing the right thing. He's understanding that there's no way we can contest, let's get something out of it at least. Enemy support scans the dragon, vision denied, but we know they're there. My mid laner is yet to ward their right side even when we have clearly seen the enemy team five-manning dragon. Don't ask me why not, I don't know, but they tend to do that. I tell my ADC and mid, careful lads, they could go up or down to either one of you, let's sit tight and see what they do. ADC, without saying a word, but telling me with his actions, says, "It's Inferno dragon, I must try and steal this." *Facepalm. He walks into five, dies. Gives kill gold + dragon. ADC and mid laner are interchangeable here. Tell me this hasn't happened to you. 2) One of your teammates giving shutdown gold away for comparably nothing. Your mid laner seems to be a good laner. He is wrecking his counterpart. He is 3-0-1 at 10 minutes. He is snowballing well and truly. He thinks, "You know what? I'm going to roam." He proceeds to bot lane, where enemy jungler has arrived as our mid laner arrives. A fights happens and enemy Soraka has healed her health away. Enemy mid laner's presence is imminent. He arrives. Enemy team are away of a dive on Raka. Our Lux lands E, all she needs to do is proc that passive, however there is no chance of pulling it off without highly unfavourable trade. LUX FLASHES IN, BOOM! a) Enemy ADC heals, Lux dies, gets nothing. b) Lux gets Raka, shutdown gold for jungler/adc/mid. Team morale goes out the window after witnessing such a travesty. 3) Must chase... will chase to base if I must. This one requires no explanation. Enemy champ is very low and someone on your team proceeds to chase to the other side of the map, long after the rest of you have called it off in favour of a turret and/or other objective for fear of getting collapsed on as you haven't got the vision. Having said all of this, I still can't support because then another role will just do ugly plays.
> [{quoted}](name=kaboomblah,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=dXZnOXHO,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T23:20:06.754+0000) > > I wasn't flaming, I was busy begging Morgana to help me ward and clear. Someone has to tell her. > > Oh, and I main support, haha. I know how much idiocy you have to put up with. > > Here are some common ones; > > 1) IT'S DRAGON!! Our jungler is dead, the enemy team is fighting fit, our top has no TP and is pushing furiously while the enemy top laner has roamed to dragon - good on him, he's doing the right thing. He's understanding that there's no way we can contest, let's get something out of it at least. Enemy support scans the dragon, vision denied, but we know they're there. My mid laner is yet to ward their right side even when we have clearly seen the enemy team five-manning dragon. Don't ask me why not, I don't know, but they tend to do that. I tell my ADC and mid, careful lads, they could go up or down to either one of you, let's sit tight and see what they do. ADC, without saying a word, but telling me with his actions, says, "It's Inferno dragon, I must try and steal this." *Facepalm. He walks into five, dies. Gives kill gold + dragon. ADC and mid laner are interchangeable here. Tell me this hasn't happened to you. > > 2) One of your teammates giving shutdown gold away for comparably nothing. Your mid laner seems to be a good laner. He is wrecking his counterpart. He is 3-0-1 at 10 minutes. He is snowballing well and truly. He thinks, "You know what? I'm going to roam." He proceeds to bot lane, where enemy jungler has arrived as our mid laner arrives. A fights happens and enemy Soraka has healed her health away. Enemy mid laner's presence is imminent. He arrives. Enemy team are away of a dive on Raka. Our Lux lands E, all she needs to do is proc that passive, however there is no chance of pulling it off without highly unfavourable trade. LUX FLASHES IN, BOOM! a) Enemy ADC heals, Lux dies, gets nothing. b) Lux gets Raka, shutdown gold for jungler/adc/mid. Team morale goes out the window after witnessing such a travesty. > > 3) Must chase... will chase to base if I must. This one requires no explanation. Enemy champ is very low and someone on your team proceeds to chase to the other side of the map, long after the rest of you have called it off in favour of a turret and/or other objective for fear of getting collapsed on as you haven't got the vision. > > Having said all of this, I still can't support because then another role will just do ugly plays. Yep this happens way too ofte. Another common one is team starts Dragon/Baron even though they know the entire enemy team is on the outskirts waiting for a chance to initiate. Sometimes my team gets it and immediately turns on the enemy when they come, but usually if the enemy is ahead, they come in and steal Dragon with 3 kills. I find it quite funny as a support how everyone's mistakes seem to be apparent. It's taught me to roam bot when I'm playing mid and to take advantage in top lane when the enemies keep camping bot.
: Definition of a good Support?
I'm sorry that your best games as support got you flamed by the ADC. The best advice I can give you is get used to it... As sad as it is, you'll always get an ADC that just wants an excuse to bash you, even if you do nothing wrong. It might be helpful to find a friend who enjoys playing ADC and you enjoy playing with them. Other general advice I can offer is that have good map awareness, always build a Sightstone first (and change from yellow to red trinket when you do), always have a Vision ward on the map, and if you can't leave the kill to your ADC for whatever reason, take it. If they respond negatively, either ignore it, block them, or troll them back (in Normal games only XD "Kill secured" or "this kill will help me tank/peel better for you" usually shuts them up for me). The ADC gets to free farm, and should have no reason to complain. Also, when you see an opportunity, try to get your jungler to come bot to take Dragon. I find that some junglers only need a little encouragement to start grabbing objectives. My final piece of advice is that it's important to be versatile as a support, through both your champion pool and in game actions. What I mean is that it's good to have multiple champions that you know how to play to compliment your ADC's pick/counter the enemies' picks. Being versatile in game means being able to adapt to the situation even in less than favourable matchups. That enemy Draven is just dealing too much damage? You should probably drop Boots of Swiftness for Ninja Tabi. At the end of the day, the game's about blowing the Nexus up, not getting a good KDA or CS score. Those help you to win the game, but skill and knowledge are usually more vital. Sorry about the long post XD
: NEED HELP BUILDING A COMPUTER
I'm in the process of building my first PC too! Just a helpful tip; I would wait until the RX 480 GPU hits the market (around June 28th). It's stated to release for around $200 USD (about $300 for us Aussies after you consider tax and shit). This GPU uses a new architecture and is a lot better than any other GPU you could get for the same price. If you could wait for 3 weeks, I'd certainly do so. If you don't want this for whatever reason, I'd still wait because the older GPUs would (hopefully) drop in price at that point. EDIT: If you use the website PC Part Picker, you can manually choose each component of the computer, and the website will find the cheapest seller of that part as well as it will check for basic compatibility between each part (just make sure your RAM fits in the case with the motherboard i.e. is not too tall lol). Make sure you also select Australia at the top so you don't get American prices XD
: Oh, I was typing for the last 10 minutes or so. Game was over.
> [{quoted}](name=kaboomblah,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=dXZnOXHO,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T11:53:44.803+0000) > > Oh, I was typing for the last 10 minutes or so. Game was over. That last statement there just proves that you 110% deserved to lose that game. See why supports don't like supporting? Because they have to put up with people like you who flame them for little/no reason. I main support, but I swear I'll avoid playing it in Ranked at all costs. If you leave lane for 2 seconds to ward the river, your ADC decides it's the perfect time to initiate, gets killed, and then blames you. Every. Single. Time. It's the support's fault that the ADC is a moron. Which leads to the next point; when a support says "play safe", it somehow translates to "play bat shit crazy". No one EVER listens to the support. You mention we don't have to worry about CSing, and you're right. Usually, a support would focus on the map and see the general flow of enemy movement. Mate, I can't tell you how many bloody times I ping "Danger!" Or "Careful!" To a teammate in another lane because you can see a gank coming, but you get ignored anyway and said player dies, and says something like "OMFG your ping tilted me!" (Yes I've come across this multiple times). Heck, sometimes I see an ally chase an enemy into an obvious trap, ping at them to stop, and of course they don't. Then I have to go in after them so I can try to get them back out alive so I don't get flamed for not doing anything (this usually leads to both/all of us dying). No one gives you any recognition for anything you do. Whether if it's saving them or landing a team wide stun, people usually only recognize the players who get kills, not the ones who had to spoonfeed it to them. It's kinda demoralizing because you just feel like you're not appreciated at all. Also, have you ever tried to carry a team as a support? It's bloody impossible. If you're mid/top/ADC, at least you can get yourself fed and deal tons of damage, but a support can't do shit when the midlaner refuses to buy a Zhonya to counter Zed or the toplaner wants to try to build a third damage item when they keep dying. These games you pretty much just buy every item with an active and hope to God you can keep everyone alive when they go in. If support is so easy, then why don't you play it so you can carry yourself to the "rank you deserve" (/sarcasm). I think I speak on behalf of all support players when I say that I hope to never get matched up with you in any sort of game. (And dcing when your team needs you is a dick move btw)
: Find Your Lunch Table: Which Champs Are Friends?
I never knew Irelia and Diana had such a close correlation. I guess it explains why I love to play both of these champs XD I find it amusing too that Zed, Yasuo and Lee Sin are all played by the same people. “/all OUTPLAYED” should be changed to 'Get Fed or Feed Hard'.
: You missed 1 group: The 'wannabe pro fanboy' group. its the clearest cluster on the whole board consisting of: Zed/Lee/Yasuo.
'tryhards' would also suit that group. Could add Vayne in there as well.
: I think the new Nidalee Splash arts are over-sexualized. I get that sex sells, but these are borderline debauchery. Go take a cold shower Riot. Love, Hairy Lobster
Snow and Leopard are definitely not sexualised. They're probably even less so now. Pharaoh... Meh. Old splashart was absolutely terrible. As for French Maid, the new one isn't any more sexualised than the old one (that skin gets called "balloon tits" for a reason). Bewitching is absolutely adorable though.
: Nidalee Splash Update - This cat’s got new claws
Huehuehue already got all of Nid's skins <3
: I made a penis out of Keyboard Symbols. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=FA Quaker,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=alWvVjvE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-05-27T15:17:30.243+0000) > > I made a penis out of Keyboard Symbols. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} That explains...
: I got forum banned on NA for over-celebrating...
> [{quoted}](name=FA Quaker,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=alWvVjvE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-26T11:12:41.656+0000) > > I got forum banned on NA for over-celebrating... Define "over-celebrating".
Maraudaur (OCE)
: This is my new favourite Nidalee splash art https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CYA7gqlUe7E/V0TQh9WQ3jI/AAAAAAAA7JA/PsQVOYQIYKosTD4gJkl3GxvlTIP7ydsTwCLcB/s640/Nidalee_Splash_4.jpg She just looks so freaking powerful...too bad I suck at Nid jungle =(
> [{quoted}](name=Maraudaur,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=alWvVjvE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-26T04:44:33.706+0000) > > This is my new favourite Nidalee splash art > > https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CYA7gqlUe7E/V0TQh9WQ3jI/AAAAAAAA7JA/PsQVOYQIYKosTD4gJkl3GxvlTIP7ydsTwCLcB/s640/Nidalee_Splash_4.jpg > > She just looks so freaking powerful...too bad I suck at Nid jungle =( Ooooooh does this mean no more Nid nerfs? (I had to try...)
Sneed (OCE)
: Bewitching is the best change. French maid makes literally no sense. Look at the skin and think about it. Pharaoh does need some lighting adjusting though. They really fiora'd up snow bunny. They need to adjust her face so it doesn't look like a failed disney character. Bewitching is the skin I will use 9/10 times.
> [{quoted}](name=Mesprit,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=alWvVjvE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-26T03:32:10.439+0000) > > Bewitching is the best change. > French maid makes literally no sense. Look at the skin and think about it. > Pharaoh does need some lighting adjusting though. > They really fiora&#x27;d up snow bunny. They need to adjust her face so it doesn&#x27;t look like a failed disney character. > > Bewitching is the skin I will use 9/10 times. Read what Talon12 said about French Maid, I think that was the purpose of it (still doesn't look like Nidalee though). And that Bewitching skin.... absolutely no regrets buying it in Harrowing 2013. And I think Snow Bunny looks the most like normal Nidalee XD
  Rioter Comments
Lazycrab6 (OCE)
: nope still doesn't matter, a moon champion cannot associate with fire/sun
> [{quoted}](name=Lazycrab6,realm=OCE,application-id=pEj6Ee6n,discussion-id=ZzwA24jT,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2016-04-30T01:13:52.612+0000) > > nope still doesn&#x27;t matter, a moon champion cannot associate with fire/sun But her hate for the Sun _**burns**_ within her (in the old Diana lore at least).
Lazycrab6 (OCE)
: Rly? Diana is a moon champion meaning darkness, fire is closer to the sun so you have completely contradicted her loyalty
What if it represents her personality instead as a vengeful moon?
: Is headhunter {{champion:84}} worth it? Now that is is on sale
Manly1 (OCE)
: RANKED IS BROKEN
If you truly shouldn't be in Bronze 5, you would've been placed higher after your ten games at the start of the season. Otherwise, main Jungle and make sure your mid and bot are fed, not feeding.
Rioter Comments
: who do u guys think is the strongest lore/in game
Lore based... they're pretty equal to be honest. None of them seem to be stronger than the others, their strengths are just different. In game it depends what phase it is. Pre-6, Pantheon has it in the bag, but post-6, I reckon Diana will always have the upper hand. More AP for Diana equates to more damage and more tankiness, whereas Pantheon has to change his build to be tanky and Leona just stuns and really doesn't do much damage. {{champion:131}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:131}}
Maraudaur (OCE)
: I'm glad you took some time to read through the new Lore =). I know you stated everything is your opinion and nothing more but I would like to clear up a few things. 1) Leona - "Aaaand same thing as Atreus, gone and deleted in favour of this celestial being." I was under the impression that Leona was like Diana in that she held onto her own being while housing an aspect within her (an aspect that goes against her nature imo) > She still had her memories and thoughts, was still master of her own flesh, but a sliver of something vast and inhuman had chosen her to be its mortal vessel. It gifted her with incredible powers and awful knowledge that haunted her eyes and weighed heavily upon her soul; knowledge she could only ever share with one person. 2) "These new stories are all incredibly grandiose compared to the previous characters. Riot, you have over 100 champions. You cannot realistically make each and every story highly strung tension without introduce an absurd amount of fantasy clutter into your world." You said yourself - "who from Bilgewater would be capable of stopping Pantheon mowing through the entire town if somehow some way it came to that" I hope you read the two Bilgewater stories we've released (they sound like they fit your story preferences MUCH better) http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/bilgewater/#story-1 http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/shadow-and-fortune/chapter-1.html I think it's clear that not all stories are incredibly grandiose, Mt Targon just so happens to be the most recent release and the mightiest peak in Runeterra. Where many legends cling to Mount Targon, ranging from tales of blazing warriors imbued with incredible powers falling from the sky to battle monsters, to fantastical tales of gods and their celestial abodes crashing down to form the mountain. Some legends even go so far as to claim the Mountain itself is a sleeping titan of antiquity. So maybe Mt Targon in general isn't the area in the world for you, but I just wanted to clarify that not everything in Runeterra will be grandiose and in your words "Anime". NOTE this is from what I have read (stories and lore released to the public).
> [{quoted}](name=Maraudaur,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=0fumQApk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-02T02:46:31.209+0000) > Some legends even go so far as to claim the Mountain itself is a sleeping titan of antiquity. > Targon is next champion confirmed.
KDAs (OCE)
: Agreed, Karthus doesn't need anything, maybe a small buff to make a bit more viable to keep up with other mid laners, like diana for example, but other then that karthus is fine the way he is
> [{quoted}](name=PROJECT CDogz,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=P7m78Lzc,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-02-29T12:18:06.713+0000) > > Agreed, Karthus doesn't need anything, maybe a small buff to make a bit more viable to keep up with other mid laners, like diana for example, but other then that karthus is fine the way he is Imo, the only reason Diana is as strong as she is is because no one knows how to play against her. I've come back from games as Diana where I had 4 deaths pre-6 because EVERYONE in low elo underestimates her power spike at 6 (not that I'm complaining XD)
Lajneen (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Firebolt12,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=iwvigosY,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-02-29T05:38:43.976+0000) > > Respect for 2pac, but Lil Wayne? Really? _REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLYYY?_ I thought this would be the start of something new, cause it felt so right to be here with you (ohhh), but now, looking at your post, I feel in my heart (I feel in my heart), this wasn't the start of something new. 2Pac is the most overrated artist of all time, Lil Wayne is better than he ever was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQTMlSkX1RQ
> [{quoted}](name=Lajneen,realm=EUW,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=iwvigosY,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-02-29T17:10:06.730+0000) > > 2Pac is the most overrated artist of all time, Lil Wayne is better than he ever was. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQTMlSkX1RQ But you had Tupac in your original post?
: Garen and Kat had a kid = =?!
> [{quoted}](name=Icarus1314,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=2cbftRpb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-02-29T14:26:38.214+0000) > > Garen and Kat had a kid = =?! Well they're either going to have a kid or end up like Romeo and Juliet... SPIN2WIN BABY CONFIRMED!!!
Show more

Firebolt

Level 66 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion