: Patch 8.11 Early Look
Can i get an attack speed and AP item that builds out of zeal please?
Socon (OCE)
: I dont get your argument. You say GA is bad, so make more items to counter GA? lol? GA itself isn't a bad rune or tree, its just very niche. Also, items should never be buffed/nerfed in relation to runes. Since that would have a large impact on champions. Runes are only ever buffed/nerfed within its respective tree.
> [{quoted}](name=WildHamster,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=xUw4I392,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-19T16:24:26.069+0000) > > I dont get your argument. You say GA is bad, so make more items to counter GA? lol? > > GA itself isn't a bad rune or tree, its just very niche. > > Also, items should never be buffed/nerfed in relation to runes. Since that would have a large impact on champions. Runes are only ever buffed/nerfed within its respective tree. Dear sir/madam. please don't tease the box. Thank you.
Rioter Comments
Scottez (OCE)
: Ban review
If this ban was perma i'd be pretty pissed. It's really harsh. If a 3 or 5 day ban i'd cop it on the chin but it's not right for riot to ban people for this.
Maximumxp (OCE)
: TKG Looking for members!
Pretty sure i saw someone in silver with this exact clan tag haha
Yaiamone (OCE)
: Hey :) _Interesting points you have brought up and thank you so much for putting it into a positive discussion format! _ > 1st) I was diamond back in S3 but haven't played much since and this season I've been climbing from bronze and am currently in mid gold. There is without a doubt reportable/bannable behaviour in 90% of games. 90%!! This is a major issue when your system devalues people who are constantly reporting others. The system NEEDS to only devalue reports when they are actually shown to be false not just when they don't pass punishment, if there is reportable behaviour in 90% of games, and someone reports 90% of the time they are actually doing the work you want them to do and yet you're devaluing their input. [Good thing is that reporting others (even if you report them a lot) doesn't actually devalue your report](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000). Only one report is needed to trigger a review, and if someone is reported the game will be reviewed. Since IFS was implemented a few years ago it has grown pretty significantly in being able to detect verbal toxicity (which is pretty great, seeing as this is a pretty big ongoing problem). Unfortunately it is still quite crappy when it comes to behavioral violations since those are are harder to detect for the system, and easier to conceal for the offending player. With the "one report needed" thing, we can hope it continues to get better at detection and that we will see the instance of "reportable/bannable" behavior down. > 2nd) It's very RNG and the community is so filled with toxicity that you can't actually trust majority voting. ... reporter has had an unrelated series of bad games. Once again, report weight is no longer a thing so you need not worry about situations like this. > 1) Mute function - People don't use it nearly enough. Why? Because the person yelling at them, is still yelling at them, just because they can't read it doesn't mean it's not happening and if you want to win the game, you need all your team mates to be focused on the game. Suggestion: when someone mutes a player, it should come up on the players screen saying "X has muted you". Very simple feature but it will give the person muting a small sense of pleasure (encouraging them to use it) and it will undoubtably confirm for the aggressor that no one is seeing their spam (encouraging them to stop flaming and focus on the game) this is very important because at the moment the aggressor would just continue to flame into deaf ears. Muting is interesting. Like you said, even after you mute someone the damage has been done and the flamer is still going to continue on. With your suggestion though, my experience has been that even after someone mutes someone in my game and tells them so, the flamer continues to berate them even if it does fall on deaf ears (and thus continues to spend more concentration on the chat instead of the game). If it was implemented, a little message that is official and does confirm that the person has been muted it *might* help, although I am skeptical. I agree with a post someone made a while ago about a pop-up at the end of game reminding you to report the players that you muted. Too often we mute someone because of their flame and forget about it, often leading to players such as this not getting punished. After all, we don't report ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ , the players wont get punished and the system will not learn. > 2) Bans vs chat restriction - Bans are brutal, chat restriction is annoying but doesn't ruin someones day or even week, infact being chat restricted is almost a relief. I don't think that anything said in game should be a bannable offense, after all, that's what the mute function and adult language filters are for. If someone is still playing the game but just being an ass to other players about it, prevent them from typing. Toxicity comes from frustration- bans cause more frustration, chat bans don't so use them much more. At the moment the punishment comes in 4 steps. Three chances to realize your behavior is unacceptable and that you need to stop. * First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction * Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction * Third Offense: Two Week Suspension * Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension If you haven't worked out why your behavior is not ok after two warnings, it means that another chat restriction probably isn't going to help. At all points of the punishment system players are encouraged to speak to a support agent to discuss the behavior that is getting them in trouble so that they may learn from their mistakes and continue forwards a punishment-free player. Obviously you wont be getting chat banned if you are pulling off behavioural toxicity such as inting, you will start at the two week ban. If your verbal toxicity is also pretty hardcore (homophobia, racism, sexism, encouraging self harm) then you will also start on the two week ban tier because you should be smart enough to know that that kind of shit is never ok. I disagree with you saying that nothing you say in game should be bannable. I absolutely think that people that are dumb enough to use slurs and tell people to kill themselves should be banned. Words like that have so much power, and sometimes people don't really understand the impact that these kinds of words can have on people. I have few friends that get upset about some of the homophobic slurs after their families used them as they were thrown out of the house and disowned. Can you imagine how shitty it would be to have those memories dredged up because you failed a gank? I also believe that people who are constantly spurting low grade toxicity towards their teammates should also have to be held accountable for their actions. Telling your support they are trash and should uninstall isn't going to help them play better and is a pretty dick move. So is dwelling on the mistakes of others, especially when you are gonna be making a fuck tonne yourself. Of course teammates can mute, but like I said earlier, [at that point the damage is done](https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour/0gFPUhA8-second-thread-blahblahblahblahblah?comment=00010001000000000000). You may have ruined the one game a day that a person had time for. They might be using video games as an escape from some real life troubles and aren't in a good headspace. You probably would have tilted them and made them hyper aware of their every movement and as a result their play becomes worse. > 3) The climb... - Climbing in leagues is like no other game I've played... It's incredibly rough. Not only are you 1 player of 5 on a team meaning your impact on the game is limited, your MMR is SO slugish. You could play like a god and win 10 games in a row and only move up 1 division, this is actually insane. I travel to the EU a lot and so I have an account there as well and unsurprisingly it is VERY different but beyond all the community differences is an actual difference in leagues - Having climbed through divisions into plat on my EU account I could see very clearly the changes in the quality of players as I progressed. However in OCE there were people I vs'd in bronze equally skilled with people I vs in gold right now, the differences are very small. I have heard quite a few people say that in bronze-gold is pretty much the same but with slightly increasing mechanics, plat is where a little bit of macro comes in and that the jump from D4/5 to D3+ is bigger than the jump from bronze to plat. It's basically the nature of the server. You will also find that a good portion of players in your games will be lagging due to the quality of internet in the countries that OCE encompasses, and this has a pretty big impact on how well players will be playing. You could play like a god in 10 games and win every one and move up one division, but it could just be a fluke. It's such a small sample size. If you continue playing like a god, then yes, your MMR will accelerate and you will start skipping 1-2 divisions at a time. Sometimes you can even skip promos. Your MMR has to be decent to begin with, otherwise it can and will take a while for it to get to that point. It's better to keep the climb slow and steady though, or you will find things similar to what happened after ardent last season. People who play champs strong in that meta were gaining so much rank. Once the ardent boom was over, they struggled to keep their new ranks and slid their way back down. A good player should be able to adjust and climb steadily so they are able to consistently maintain their rank. The current MMR system allows this. It also allows smurfs to easily rise back to a suitable rank for them, after all, if you know how to climb it isn't that hard. >Didn't even mention earlier but there needs to be use of actual ingame performance in LP awarded calculation because people win the lottery every day and that's 1 in millions, having a system purely built on law of averages creates frustration via luck. In a perfect world there would be a panel of judges watching every player in every game and awarding points based on performance not result, obviously that's impossible but Riot should be pushing to have as much performance weight over result as feasible People have suggested getting LP based on the game grading system time and time again, but thats pretty flawed. You can sit in a side lane and just farm and not help your team and get a good score. Likewise, you can use yourself as bait (like I had a 3/16 teemo jungle do) and allow your team to push objectives on the other side of the map. There are far too many variables for something like that to work.
> [{quoted}](name=Yaiamone,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=ZkUwoV40,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-11T00:49:45.953+0000) > > > > Muting is interesting. Like you said, even after you mute someone the damage has been done and the flamer is still going to continue on. With your suggestion though, my experience has been that even after someone mutes someone in my game and tells them so, the flamer continues to berate them even if it does fall on deaf ears That's because the muted party doesn't beleive he is really muted, i've been muted in game before and typed somethign to my team that didn't "mute" me and had a reply from the guy - they just say "muted" withouit doing it.
Rioter Comments
: "But there isn't a problem"
The hard ones for me to deal with are the ones that start the game trying to win, then they make a few mistakes that cause them to fall behind and tilt, then they refuse to surrender a lost cause, but they continue to play badly and expect to get carried. They play like they don't want to win, but they won't let us all move on either. But what grinds my gears is Riot honestly see the holding-to-account of these people by their team as being WORSE than the preceding original offenses. Why? I'm glad you asked... A while ago Riot put out this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY6GYWhuS0I. @1: 35, "A significant number of players cite bad player behavior as a reason they leave League of Legends". You will find a common thread throughout that apprises us of their motivations for trying to reform player behavior and their vision for what that reform might look like. Essentially, Riot is informing us that: 1) Their business model is one of retaining and attracting as many possible players to the game. 2) Players report leaving because of bad player behavior. 3) Their (Riots) stated characterization of toxic player behavior is one that places verbal abuse as the central and primary concern. 4) Therefore, Verbally abusive players need to be reformed or ostracised to maintain financial viability. It's worth remembering that intentional feeding can be masked as misplays, and apathy in making poor plays at crucial times (1v5ing just before Baron respawns, throwing your teams chances at contesting) is hard to prove etc, whereas Chat logs are low hanging fruit. Essentially, Riots Ph.D. Brigade is admitting that they are appeasing self-entitled snowflakes that create the original negative experiences for their teammates; without acknowledging that the amount of abuse someone receives is usually pretty strongly correlated with how negatively they have impacted the experiences of others first - The original offender is cloistered in cotton wool and indignantly expects to be treated like strawberry Pop-Tarts while the actual victims are disciplined for reacting viscerally in a moment of passion. All this, and the other two or three or even four players on his team are given little effective official recourse in holding the offending party accountable. And Riot wonder why there's swearing?
: Is there a system in place to detect if "leavers" are not just suffering from poor connections? I have sent many tickets to riot about receiving queue joining delays, due to my internet "cutting out" in the league client, in queue, and during champion select, when I was not experiencing any connection issues with other internet reliant applications. This luckily doesn't happen anymore, but this is not due to any riot solutions given in response to my tickets, but rather upgrading to fibre broadband in nz. This is a problem experienced by quite a few people Ive talked to, and they do not have much success with riot given solutions either. Back when I did experience these issues however, I lost LP on several occasions because of it, and nothing was done in response to that either.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel Wong,realm=OCE,application-id=3fteLeTW,discussion-id=L65wrRYe,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-03-17T03:33:42.226+0000) > > Is there a system in place to detect if "leavers" are not just suffering from poor connections? I have sent many tickets to riot about receiving queue joining delays, due to my internet "cutting out" in the league client, in queue, and during champion select, when I was not experiencing any connection issues with other internet reliant applications. > > This luckily doesn't happen anymore, but this is not due to any riot solutions given in response to my tickets, but rather upgrading to fibre broadband in nz. This is a problem experienced by quite a few people Ive talked to, and they do not have much success with riot given solutions either. > Back when I did experience these issues however, I lost LP on several occasions because of it, and nothing was done in response to that either. Then you should not have been playing League. If you lag constantl/sporadically, and D/C often enough to impact the outcomes of games, you should not be playing until the problem is resolved.
: Champion Mastery hits PBE
This is an excellent feature, well done Rito. I have a question, will my current champion mastery count towards the stats i get when it rolls out eventually?
Allong (OCE)
: Official Response to lack of tribunal and Bronze hell?
Thank you Allong for your contribution to the LoL community, and thank you Riot Maraudaur for your response in clearly outlining why Elo hell as you defined it is a myth. I too was in Silver 4-5 last season, and then got placed straight into Bronze 5. I'm actually here on the boards because i was looking to vent my own frustration at the type of issues canvassed here, and i would like to say i too wish there was greater punishment for negative behavior in League on OCE. I also wish people that feed a lot would get placed in teams with each other instead of with people that had good KDA's as a way of further incentivising better play.
: Patch 5.2 notes
Such massive and unnecessary nerfs to trist.... went from hyper carry to hyper suckadge in one patch.
BonVoyage (OCE)
: Looking for a decent ADC to duo S5
http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=mylifeforauir87 Been looking for a person who enjoys supp. I'm Silver 4/5 atm looking for gold.
TacoKing (OCE)
: That's exactly what I was thinking =D
seems like a nerf to her saftey though.
: Champion Update: Tristana
but will she still be strong enough to warrant player her after the nerfs?
Grinch (OCE)
: apparantly warding wins games. just played a game as urgot and had the place lighted up light chist
: Hi there! Recently I've been playing ranked a lot and decided I would try to climb for gold. I am a support main and I have been looking for and ADC partner that I can duo with in these ranked games, so here I am. **IGN: **DiddlyDonger **Rank:** Silver 3 (and in series for Silver 2) **Availability:** I can play actively on most days all around the clock. **Chat programs: **Skype, TeamSpeak, Curse Available Support champs: {{champion:53}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:412}} **Best Picks:** {{champion:25}} 57% Win Rate | 2/4/15 KDA {{champion:53}} 57% Win Rate | 2/3/11 KDA {{champion:267}} 67% Win Rate | 1/4/11 KDA *[Although there are many support champions that I have not yet played in ranked, or I haven't played enough to have an accurate Win Rate] * I would love to add you in game to talk more about this (but sadly I don't have League available to me today) so if you want to add me that would be great; otherwise I will add you later today or possibly tomorrow). **Thanks!**
> [{quoted}](name=DiddlyDonger,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=JAPHBenu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2014-12-22T23:22:36.431+0000) > > Hi there! > > Recently I've been playing ranked a lot and decided I would try to climb for gold. I am a support main and I have been looking for and ADC partner that I can duo with in these ranked games, so here I am. > > **IGN: **DiddlyDonger > **Rank:** Silver 3 (and in series for Silver 2) > **Availability:** I can play actively on most days all around the clock. > **Chat programs: **Skype, TeamSpeak, Curse > Available Support champs: {{champion:53}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:412}} > > > **Best Picks:** > > {{champion:25}} 57% Win Rate | 2/4/15 KDA > {{champion:53}} 57% Win Rate | 2/3/11 KDA > {{champion:267}} 67% Win Rate | 1/4/11 KDA > > > *[Although there are many support champions that I have not yet played in ranked, or I haven't played enough to have an accurate Win Rate] * > > > I would love to add you in game to talk more about this (but sadly I don't have League available to me today) so if you want to add me that would be great; otherwise I will add you later today or possibly tomorrow). > > > **Thanks!** Impressive win rates especially on Nami, she and sona are two of my favorite supports. I have added you IG, and look forward to improving my teamwork skills with you. I'll have to get skype sorted (i have it, but Microsoft keep forcing me to verify my identity for hotmail, and everytime i go through the motions for it, it screws up my ability to sign in to skype. Hope i can help your win rates!
Rioter Comments
: Looking For An ADC Duo Partner
Mate who are you trying to con? http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=Shadeslayer808
Yaiamone (OCE)
: If people are serious about climbing in ranked they will know about all the roles but focus on one or two (generally). They will also have select few champions that they know like the back of their hand, with build paths, match ups and powerspikes. Knowing roles and champions like this does actually take a bit of sacrifice, generally with least preferred roles where you wouldn't know match ups and just pick the champ you are comfortable with (even if they are hard countered by the enemy pick). So if someone was forced into a position that they don't usually play, they probably won't know match ups and build paths as extensively as one of their main positions. Another thing when this happens, id that there is a good chance that they will be up against someone who has that role as either their main or backup and so skill level is already at a disadvantage. Maybe they die once or twice, already behind in CS and levels, maybe the team starts raging at them, **already learned helplessness is taking over and they will begin to go on tilt.**
> [{quoted}](name=yaiamone,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=A3q5Kord,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2014-12-21T21:16:33.508+0000) > > If people are serious about climbing in ranked they will know about all the roles but focus on one or two (generally). They will also have select few champions that they know like the back of their hand, with build paths, match ups and powerspikes. > > Knowing roles and champions like this does actually take a bit of sacrifice, generally with least preferred roles where you wouldn't know match ups and just pick the champ you are comfortable with (even if they are hard countered by the enemy pick). So if someone was forced into a position that they don't usually play, they probably won't know match ups and build paths as extensively as one of their main positions. Another thing when this happens, id that there is a good chance that they will be up against someone who has that role as either their main or backup and so skill level is already at a disadvantage. Maybe they die once or twice, already behind in CS and levels, maybe the team starts raging at them, **already learned helplessness is taking over and they will begin to go on tilt.** ok but dying once or twice and being behind on CS has happened to everyone, that's not what i'm talking about, and if the team flames and rages at them for that it is misplaced. what I'm talking about is when your top darius goes 0-8-0 agaisnt their fiora because he keeps running in to do battle with an ever increasingly stronger opponent, and then when one or all of the team points out that he's an idiot for not being able to figure out that what he's doing is wrong, he then demands that he be treated like one of the team and shown some respect and if the team doesn't comply, he holds them randsom with "but i'll go afk guys". Like i originally said, you get treated how you play, if you don't like how you're being treated, get better, not bitter.
Yaiamone (OCE)
: But by being a ♥♥♥♥ to people that are perhaps having a bad day or are forced into a role/champ that they are not familiar with (or even learning a new champ/position) you are instilling a psychological phenomenon called 'learned helplessness'. Learned helplessness occurs when people have endured enough aversive stimuli related to an activity (e.g, people like you flaming at them for having a bad game). From that point on, they will subconsciously and involuntarily associate the negative experience with what they were doing at the time, usually resulting a consistently poor performance doing that thing. Through **much time and effort** it can be reversed. TL;DR Just because someone is playing badly (unless intentionally with {{item:3117}} and 5x{{item:3086}}) you have absolutely no right to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and flame at them. P.S Helen keller was waaaayyy more successful than you will ever be so don't use that as an insult P.P.S Incase you haven't realised, flaming at people makes them play worse, so even if they are having a bad game and are losing lane, try encouraging them to play and get better.
Learn all roles for ranked, then you won't be "forced". Norms is different of course. "just" because someone is playing badly? JUST!?!?!?! there is no excuse for feeding, ever. if you are countered in lane or whatever you may lose it, and be down in CS, but dying a whole heap is inexcusable. Encouraging has been tried and does no good. Hellen keller WAS successfull, but playing league like yo uare blind and deaf is not a good thing,
: but if I'm not playing like %%%% and they abuse me, I have every right to blame them if I do start playing like %%%%.
If they unduly abuse you they are stupid, but don't start deliberatley playing horridly because of that
Rioter Comments
csm (OCE)
: Attack speed isn't as good because you aren't non stop auto attacking in the lane phase, you are last hitting and harassing occasionally. You will trade better with attack speed marks, but last hitting will be harder, and since lane phase is like 85% last hitting, I would say AD marks are the way to go. Also, most ADC's abilities scale with AD.
Yeah fair enough point to make about the not non stop attacking in lane phase, but i do find that Autoing creeps is smoother and issuing an attack command is executed smoother with more atk speed, and your AD natually scales with levels anyway and i figure, if i can last hit ok with level 1 atk (of around 65 without AD reds), why can't i last hit ok or better with level 3 atk of about 71-73?. Most adc's abilities scale with AD, so i would like to be able to itemize AD where you get the biggest bonuses, rather than having less AS through runes and having to include it in the item build. I hate itemizing AS especially on jinx and tristana... Thanks to everyone for their input !
  Rioter Comments
Game (OCE)
: Silver V (LFT) or people to make a team.
I not long ago got silver 5 and look like climbing further. I main ADC though so if i was going to join a ranked team it would be as that.

ForTheCode

Level 101 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion