Dimpl (OCE)
: Missions in Co-op vs AI
Theres nothing wrong using bots to finish missions?
: Are you not allowed to have fun anymore?
What kind of logic is that. Just because someone flames at you and is toxic doesnt meant you cant have fun. Fun can be portrayed in many perspectives..... bruh dont bog yourself down lol
: Help Me learn
Yo i'll be on a different account for the day, just add me Sexual Tacos and we can start getting u out :D
: It's so horribly depressing...
I have to agree with JesusForgotHisGa. You dont need a tank to win but to actually know how to play the champ. I've played support in your elo and still carry, a simple squishy nami, janna and even raka can be tanky if built right and with the correct runes. If you need help then dont be afraid to duo with someone, 1 less idiot to deal with and silver isnt even that hard. You can do it buddy trust me i've dealt with worse.
Lumaxious (OCE)
: The community in bronze to gold is bad
People are so sensitive in low elo as well as pre lvl 30. I ask a question and you know what i get back in return? Firing bullets of anger straight off the bat even if the question was about whether u like this champ or not.
4 02 2017 (OCE)
: yes you can, if you think that then you're probably not playing support efficiently then. I'm also laughing hard at the statement 'They are forced to try get their adc kills' that is the stupidest thing to do unless you're super high ELO where people can effectively use advantages consistently. Why else do you think blitz incurs such high ban rates L0L your definition of 'carrying' is so distorted that it's delusional.
What if you do play your fullest potential and still cant carry? I've had countless games where i wardrd everything, cc-ed and peel to the best i could and still lose because hey we're humans and my team decide lets throw the game by doing stupid stuff aka aim the tank or 1v5. Consider both sides lol
Nightjar (OCE)
: I pick an apc as support when the teamcomp allows because I assume that my adcs in soloq will int. It's nice if you don't, but i just don't trust you, and at least with zilean, morg, karma, annie, lulu or lux, if you decide to int, it's still possible for me to be useful. Shields/Healers and tanks supports are really nice if your adc is reliable, even better if your adc is obviously better (at least mechanically) than the elo you are playing in, but if they're incompetent and position poorly and keep getting caught by blitzcrank hooks and pulled under tower then there isn't much you can do. I am sick of having to deal with stupid adcs (it's usually draven players) towerdiving at lvl1, over extending, complaining about getting hooked by a blitzcrank under tower and it being my fault for not standing in front of them. It's even worse when your team is massively incompetent and this is rare but it can happen, at least if you get stuck in one of these games, as an ap support you can just go full damage and possibly manage the 1v5 if you get a good chance to hammer the enemy team in a choke point. So in summary, you are the real problem here, and you deserve to be reported.
I dont think you get the idea from both sides. Yes ap support is good in ways but hes talking about those who play ap supports in a mid style way. Taking cs, building full ap despite being bad, cant even position etc. No one is to blame unless youre bad (the people playing bad)
Reginleif (OCE)
: Where is it?! 😱 I can't find it. RIP
> [{quoted}](name=Reginleif,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=IYEERyjg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-01-19T07:33:22.420+0000) > > Where is it?! 😱 I can't find it. RIP http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/01/118-pbe-update.html?m=1#icons Find the icon section
: KOI NAMI ICON FOR OTHER REGIONS TOO PLS
WAIT THERES A NAMI ICON? WHAT WHERE Edit: nvm i found it lel
xReverie (OCE)
: Yasuo Winge
Ahhh the classic yasuo is "insert your worse joke/name calling". What elo are you, perhaps i can help. Let me tell you something, back in the old days where i mained ahri (season 4?) I struggled against yasuo as a silver (i was new at that time as well and wanted to focus on learning ahri and the game). It took me awhile to conquer these "unbeatable" counters until i realised my mistakes and put in more effort to work around it. Every champ has their weakness and strength within the game and it takes effort and time to learn how to work around it. I know it may sound hard and all you wanna do is just say rito plz nerf this broken ass chaaampppp but when you think about it its not exactly hard. Think about it this way, yasuo counters ahri completely because shes based on skillshots and yasuo can just block or dash to dodge them all. Think about how you play league and all the basic things you need such as mechanics, knowledge (when to poke,items how to cs etc) champion's skills etc. All of these come in handy yeah? Lets say we're in laning phase and depending whether yasuo is good or not its a 50-50 lane win or lose. Be confident, be cocky if you will because who knows what it might result in. Doing simple things can bring you to an advantage such as: Predicting how the enemy or yasuo plays and working around it. It doesnt hurt to change your playstyle to adapt to the game. An example of this is when i was a noob ahri player i spammed waaaayy too many skills, was so passive and well you catch the drift. How did i counter this and improve? By forcing him to move or predict a certain way that would give me advantage. Now as i said all basic skills for league come into place, knowing that i can poke with ahri's q i figured if he was in a certain place for example right next to a low minion, i would throw in q to get poke and that minion. Always switch up your trading so you become less predictable and dont always waste your important skills (example as ahri dont always throw your charm, predict where he will dash to etc, save it for the right moment). I remember a few times where i forced a few yasuos to windwall because they thought i was going to use a skillshot but instead i just walked straight in and autoattacked (no shield passive = easy poke later on) Buy items for what is needed and dont be afraid to experiment. I had this build where i wanted to be tanky enough to survive the lane or game. Lets say they had like the best wombo combo (like ori yas and malphite) of course if u got stuck on one of those ultis you're pretty much f*cked. During those days i experimented and those certain builds worked for me and saved my ass during those games. I remember building like roa -> cdr boots -> ap items and zhonyas and that would make me so tanky that i would last a couple of bursts as ahri. No clue if that still works now though. Dont be afraid to learn champs that counter certain champs. I remember learning lissandra just to counter yasuo and zed, i have to admit that was pretty hilarious, thinking about how i denied so many yasuos or zeds from getting to the back line. This also brings a lot of variety to your champ pool and who knows if you might like the champ or not. Learn from your mistakes, dont blame the god damm jungler unless they just int your lane, just secretly cry inside if they do. Knowing your mistakes is better than repeating them right? I know that might take awhile to process and even to wonder why it was considered a mistake but once you realise them you're basically on a roll to improving. Also dont rely on ganks, rely on yourself. Unless they camp u hard or the jungler doesnt see an easy gank then again just secretly cry inside. Now im sorry if this doesnt make any sense or didnt help you at all (or was just based on ahri). I read your post at a very, VERY late time and i kinda regret not sleeping :-:. I should probably sleep now .-. I hope you find a way to counter yasuo and gl with your rank games :3
Sneed (OCE)
: no ur mine
> [{quoted}](name=Mesprit,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=jXheLqEi,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-01-17T15:07:07.363+0000) > > no ur mine ;3 lets just hug it out
: I want friend please
Ninox (OCE)
: Yeah I can defs see the toy theme for blitz. It fits amumu for his character, and blitz and ori for what they are, so now the question would be what other champs would make good sewn chaos skins >:) I wanna say Kog, just because despite being rather monstrous he has the character of a cute little puppy who just needs hugs and someone to play fetch with and honestly I just think he'd make a hella cute toy.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=a7TlvEAN,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T12:40:58.799+0000) > > Yeah I can defs see the toy theme for blitz. It fits amumu for his character, and blitz and ori for what they are, so now the question would be what other champs would make good sewn chaos skins &gt;:) > > I wanna say Kog, just because despite being rather monstrous he has the character of a cute little puppy who just needs hugs and someone to play fetch with and honestly I just think he&#x27;d make a hella cute toy. Thinking about who fits the theme is sort of hard and I can definitely see kog fitting in. He's so adorable T^T The ideas that come to mind are: Azir: Well he can be the king. Weapon -> needle ;') and his soldiers can be damaged/ruined toys. Maybe he could be the creator (just like Viktor with battlecast) of the whole chaos thing? His recall could be him building his soldier and bringing it back to life? Rammus: Technically not really but imagine a dangerous ball of fluff rolling to you. Like i would hug dat D: Who wouldnt love to hug rammus >.< Jinx: Well shes crazy so imagine just like a broken ass doll with like a button eye. Her W can be shooting something out of a hot glue gun? Her main gun i have no clue, my friend suggest yarn balls as E. Ulti - >an explosion of fluff :D. Recall -> mending something like a doll or toy but then rips it apart like nope :D Zyra: Only thinking because of her plants? Lulu: Because her w can transform enemies into certain things maybe she could be secretly evil!!!!!?? and perhaps be the creator. Thresh: My friend suggested it but just imagine a him whipping people with thread ;') Another idea by friend Syndra: Get smacked with like balls of cushion/yarn. Recall -> play with little kitties D:
Ninox (OCE)
: For a champ who really just wants a hug, I think it's honestly a perfect fit. Can't really say the same for Blitz theme wise but visually it's still a cool skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=a7TlvEAN,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T08:17:18.520+0000) > > For a champ who really just wants a hug, I think it&#x27;s honestly a perfect fit. Can&#x27;t really say the same for Blitz theme wise but visually it&#x27;s still a cool skin. I dont quite understand blitz either but it sort of fits within like a toy sense because he is a robot . I do have a question though, would they continue it like a series such as warring kingdoms? I mean if orianna counts then it would be epic for all the ideas and possibilities of skins
: I'm gonna assume you mean copying someone else's idea, and that's just an idiotic idea, i mean have you looked at the amount of uncreative themed skins, good or not. Star guardian is pretty much ripped off Sailor Moon. The El Tigre skins are uncreative, because it is a complete rip off of the spanish (i may be wrong in the nationality here?) fighting members and their outfits Pool Party is easy af. I could go on for days as to how uncreative and purely profit driven these skin ideas really are.
> [{quoted}](name=Valor Carrys,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=a7TlvEAN,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T07:54:14.428+0000) > > I&#x27;m gonna assume you mean copying someone else&#x27;s idea, and that&#x27;s just an idiotic idea, i mean have you looked at the amount of uncreative themed skins, good or not. > > Star guardian is pretty much ripped off Sailor Moon. > > The El Tigre skins are uncreative, because it is a complete rip off of the spanish (i may be wrong in the nationality here?) fighting members and their outfits > > Pool Party is easy af. > > I could go on for days as to how uncreative and purely profit driven these skin ideas really are. Referencing* Just because you can think of creative skins doesnt mean you dont know how much effect and time they need to put in for each particle etc and just as sera said it takes time for each skin to be release.
Ninox (OCE)
: I like em, if I played Amumu I'd buy that skin. I don't see what the problem is. There is more than one skin in production at any given time. We see them when they are ready, and some take longer than others. It's called a creative process.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=a7TlvEAN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-01-12T07:27:17.403+0000) > > I like em, if I played Amumu I&#x27;d buy that skin. I don&#x27;t see what the problem is. There is more than one skin in production at any given time. We see them when they are ready, and some take longer than others. It&#x27;s called a creative process. ikr T^T when i first saw them released i was like omg mumu ;-; i wanna cuddle u
Talon12 (OCE)
: No video, but a 1v3 will win as long as they can hold out long enough without falling behind, as they will gain a much larger gold and xp difference over the enemy, eventually being fed in comparison and then win through that, or the 3v1 fks up and dies in a dive. the 3 will win if the 1 makes a mistake and they use that.
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=UEbvRRQ5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-12T06:13:47.251+0000) > > No video, but a 1v3 will win as long as they can hold out long enough without falling behind, as they will gain a much larger gold and xp difference over the enemy, eventually being fed in comparison and then win through that, or the 3v1 fks up and dies in a dive. the 3 will win if the 1 makes a mistake and they use that. I agree depending on what experience or how the person plays. Technically it would be a 1v2 if the support was "handicap" they wouldnt really do anything unless you're considering them feeding hence 1v3. In low elo chances are they ** will ** fuck up lol, if you know how to league properly then farming,extending or rotations etc will get you back into the game, as long as you know what you're doing.
: A bunch of people who are more interested in how much money they can get out of a skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Valor Carrys,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=a7TlvEAN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-12T03:08:18.165+0000) > > A bunch of people who are more interested in how much money they can get out of a skin. Not entirely true I suppose but sometimes as rito said that its hard to design a skin for a certain champ without copy righting someone else's idea
: Everyone claims that matchmaking is accurate yet I believe it is not, so I want video evidence to prove me wrong, rather than trying to have logical conversations with people about why it is not, because humans are not known for their logic. Since I can't seem to climb I cannot be a witness to make my own claims valid because of the social stigma that players who are low elo don't know how the game or system works and therefore cannot comment on it with validity. So I can't prove that I am right and my comments do not have the value they would if I had climbed and said the same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=whitePumah,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=UEbvRRQ5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T05:56:05.260+0000) > > Everyone claims that matchmaking is accurate yet I believe it is not, so I want video evidence to prove me wrong, rather than trying to have logical conversations with people about why it is not, because humans are not known for their logic. > > Since I can&#x27;t seem to climb I cannot be a witness to make my own claims valid because of the social stigma that players who are low elo don&#x27;t know how the game or system works and therefore cannot comment on it with validity. So I can&#x27;t prove that I am right and my comments do not have the value they would if I had climbed and said the same thing. Want help bruh lol
gimble (OCE)
: At the moment I am gaining about 24-26LP per win and losing 10-12LP per loss.
> [{quoted}](name=gimble,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=inGJVZsG,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-01-12T05:35:39.447+0000) > > At the moment I am gaining about 24-26LP per win and losing 10-12LP per loss. Thats pretty good, you'll be climbing out a lot faster if you continue to win and maybe get lucky and skip a elo or two.
: > [{quoted}](name=He Meant Mine,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=inGJVZsG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-12T03:50:40.580+0000) > > Op.gg isnt trustworthy half the time and im going to assume you being in b1 vsing people that are higher than you is a sign saying that your skill level is suppose to be higher than what you are currently. May i know how much lp you are currently getting because it would definitely help > > Lp system i have no clue. Im going to giess that its sort of a sense of how you do in that elo or determine whether you belong in it or not. How else are you going to go up the ladder is another way of thinking i feel like that is the completely wrong way to go about it, especially with all their "trancparency" promises. i want to climb, so i should be paired with and against people in my rank, regardless of the mmr i have, until i get to that rank. otherwise you are facing better teams than your team is generally.
> [{quoted}](name=dragon poo,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=inGJVZsG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T04:15:49.681+0000) > > i feel like that is the completely wrong way to go about it, especially with all their &quot;trancparency&quot; promises. i want to climb, so i should be paired with and against people in my rank, regardless of the mmr i have, until i get to that rank. otherwise you are facing better teams than your team is generally. Not completely true, i have faced people who are higher than me and still win. Eventually playing enough games it will reset and set you with people that you're supposely play against
gimble (OCE)
: What is the point of Rank Tier/League...
Op.gg isnt trustworthy half the time and im going to assume you being in b1 vsing people that are higher than you is a sign saying that your skill level is suppose to be higher than what you are currently. May i know how much lp you are currently getting because it would definitely help Lp system i have no clue. Im going to giess that its sort of a sense of how you do in that elo or determine whether you belong in it or not. How else are you going to go up the ladder is another way of thinking
Swany (OCE)
: Ah, that makes sense, thanks for straightening that out for me.
> [{quoted}](name=Swany,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=NEPAuXVE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-11T15:16:46.733+0000) > > Ah, that makes sense, thanks for straightening that out for me. Np :3 gl with your rank games though
Swany (OCE)
: LP
Ima guess rito is saying you need to drop an elo down or drop to the correct elo that you belong to. Gaining 19 lp is the standard amount (average) but losing more than you gain is bad. Gaining more than 20lp is good, 25 + is even better and anything below i suppose 18-17 is alright/bad Edit: Ok youre probably wondering why certain amounts mean awesome-good-bad (sorry i couldnt add it in because i had to go shower) Everything depends on your mmr. For example i did all my placements and landed on s5. If i play 1-2 games and i gain lets say 27 lp, that is saying that i dont belong in the current elo that i am and should be higher than the elo (mmr is higher than the current elo). If i gain 19-23 lp that says that i belong or my skills are in the current elo. Anything below 17 i suppose is basically danger and most likely going to drop if u lose the next few games (technically gaining 15 lp or less is that stage)
Fitzky (OCE)
: I didn't say to climb out of low elo you JUST had to focus on two roles I meant that playing two roles was an important factor as it lets you improve on those areas specifically rather then trying to improve at everything at once which can be hard for bronze and silver players.
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=yfAXRr7N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-11T12:19:36.561+0000) > > I didn&#x27;t say to climb out of low elo you JUST had to focus on two roles I meant that playing two roles was an important factor as it lets you improve on those areas specifically rather then trying to improve at everything at once which can be hard for bronze and silver players. But you clearly stated "_**I was often told that to climb out of low elo**_ "you should focus on two roles" yet now I'm forced to play every role including the ones I don't enjoy?" lol. Also im silver and i can play all 5 roles what does that prove? Its possible
: Then explain to me, while a support main (Myself) gets auto filled to MID or ADC (My two worse roles) When I Q up as a support / top? I once even had a game where I got mid, autofilled. And the support was auto filled, while I q'ed as a support.
> [{quoted}](name=Yasei Doubutsu,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=yfAXRr7N,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-01-11T12:01:15.352+0000) > > Then explain to me, while a support main (Myself) gets auto filled to MID or ADC (My two worse roles) > When I Q up as a support / top? > > I once even had a game where I got mid, autofilled. > And the support was auto filled, while I q&#x27;ed as a support. LOL SAME. I queued up for support a couple of times and ended up mid or jg
Fitzky (OCE)
: The state of autofill (More ranting fun)
1) I've played in bronze before and hun the queue times arent even that long and i rarely get autofilled. 2) playing support or fill -> protected from actually getting the support role for like 2-3 games or more so just play one god damm game lol. 3) The definition of League of Legends could be anything depending on the person 4) To climb out of low elo isnt just to focus on two roles, there are many factors that contribute to actually climbing out of low elo. Putting in your sense when you state that league is all about "Learning and playing all roles" actually does help you improve in league. Roles tie into other roles -> example can be when you play support you need to have good timing, positioning, map awareness etc. Map wareness is generally needed, positioning can be taken anywhere and good timing as well. Learning all roles actually give you an advantage and you become more flexible. 5) Playing support doesnt mean actually playing a champ that is categorized as support. I've literally thrown riven down in bot lane,ahri,brand,lissandra etc (cass in bot lane was surprisingly op lol) when i got support and heck that was funny (we also won). Support can be defined as anything or if not just like the other roles. It aint hard honey. I also rushed this because i was in cs and was 2 seconds off to getting into the loading screen so yeah, sorry if it sounds bad lol
: How do I be a good support?
Hey I used to be a thresh main back in s4 and not knowing what elo you are currently its sort of hard to help you but since I know you're new i'll try to help. 1) Just dont listen to people who are toxic/raging or telling you what to do unless they are correct-> ex "Omg land a hook you dumb %%%%" "go roam you're useless in lane, dont come back" and do what you think is right. We're humans, we make mistakes. By learning at your own pace means you learning the game itself and the champ (also playing one role ties itself into another role) When you listen to toxic people or people who completely dont know how to play thresh or support can weigh you down on how you play, think and decision making. Depending what type of person you are, you might even begin to think "oh the person is right I shouldnt play thresh" etc or just tilt in general. Everyone was a noob when they first began, you're fine new or pro to the champ. Eventually you'll get better thats what you need to think. 2) Thresh is all about timing, positioning and predictions. If you can predict your enemies then perfect -> easy hooks easy life easy peel. Timing -> when to go in, when to poke, when to engage and when to disengage etc. Positioning, well you get the idea. 3) I think thresh going against poke lanes is a 50/50 chance of win,lose or go even. I used to play an aggressive thresh. Being aggressive doesnt mean landing a hook or engaging etc. Depending on runes if you have a tanky set dont be afraid to throw in some autoattacks and trade, you dont need an adc thats hyperaggressive. If the adc knows you're going in they will follow or trade but then again depends on the person. 4) Comboing -> is limitless. You dont have to start hook in first you can use other combos such as a flash ( to reposition) hook/flay-> ulti or Flash (to get in range) e or ulti (to flay into you or lock them in, can ulti and flay into the ulti) or Flay -> ulti -> hook (if they flash out) etc. 5) Roaming as a support isnt as bad as you think, thresh does have a good roam sort of style, if you're good at roaming then by all means do it but make sure your adc is fine in lane (wards etc). Its good to have pressure on the map. As to starting a new account ima say maybe. I sometimes start new accounts to try new champions and not care what people say or do because its a smurf and really just to do it for fun. It's also good to learn the champion itself when you're just trying random or new stuff out. Sorry if this doesnt make sense i sort of just rushed it D:
: Okay haha I believe you :P But from what I've seen, the best thresh's don't engage with Q, they use movespeed boosts to get themselves and their team into point blank range and then Q (so that the enemy spends the maximum ammoun't of time, disabled.) But I am no stranger to the power of lulu :P My friend is a thresh/lulu main, and he is a god with both xD Lulu now strikes fear into my heart :P
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=Gb5mImfm,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-10T01:00:38.043+0000) > > Okay haha I believe you :P > > But from what I&#x27;ve seen, the best thresh&#x27;s don&#x27;t engage with Q, they use movespeed boosts to get themselves and their team into point blank range and then Q (so that the enemy spends the maximum ammoun&#x27;t of time, disabled.) > > But I am no stranger to the power of lulu :P > My friend is a thresh/lulu main, and he is a god with both xD > Lulu now strikes fear into my heart :P Doesnt matter on how they engage, it matters how the opposing support disengages it
: They all might counter him in lane, but they lack the variety of tools that thresh can bring to the table all throughout the game. In saying that, Thresh isn't the easiest champion to play, so he does have his trade offs. Taric is my favourite support though :P
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=Gb5mImfm,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-09T09:41:42.618+0000) > > They all might counter him in lane, but they lack the variety of tools that thresh can bring to the table all throughout the game. > > In saying that, Thresh isn&#x27;t the easiest champion to play, so he does have his trade offs. > > Taric is my favourite support though :P U gotta think outside the box. What does thresh do once he q-s/hooks in (as in engage)? 1- mikaels or qss Janna -> flash in ulti to disengage thresh and their team Morg -> basically shield so he cant cc anyone and peel from there Nami -> instantly cc with ulti q and heal Lulu -> w the main person or the carry on enemy team, deny somewhat cc or help with ulti It all depends on how a person plays that champ. Even if thresh counters leona, a good leona knows how to play around it. Yes each champ does have a speciality but trust me u can match it up with thresh lol
: Tbh.. i dont think I've found a champ yet that Thresh isn't good against xD
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=Gb5mImfm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-01-08T11:59:14.779+0000) > > Tbh.. i dont think I&#x27;ve found a champ yet that Thresh isn&#x27;t good against xD Same thing, a good janna, lulu,morg,alistar maybe taric? prob thinking why? Janna -> massive cockblock (shields,ulti,q etc) lulu -> can just w thresh or adc, good ulti if enemies are diving morg -> shields for days alistar -> tanky and can just knock thresh out or adc out taric -> no clue lol prob ulti, stun and a little bit of a heal? nami is just a 50-50 hit and miss thing if against thresh lol
: Morgana is about as hard a counter to Leona as you can get, so Morg would be a good pick. Sivir also counters Leona, and I believe she isn't too shabby against Caitlin either. So you could be looking at a Sivir/Morgana lane. Or maybe a Varus/Morgana lane, as Varus can match Cait's poke, and his ult combined with Morgana's Q/R would spell certain death for any opponent unlucky enough to be caught in it. Im not a bot laner either, Kalista/Quinn are the only two ADC's I can play, and both of them are pretty horrible against Cait/Leo, so don't trust my advice too much xD But to answer your dodge question: Never dodge. Imagine if the Wallabies chickened out before every match with the All Blacks, that doesn't make good sport for anyone. If you get dealt a bad hand, you shouldn't just give up. _(if you give up when things look tough, how will you ever learn?)_
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=Gb5mImfm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-01-08T02:35:24.510+0000) > > Morgana is about as hard a counter to Leona as you can get, so Morg would be a good pick. > Sivir also counters Leona, and I believe she isn&#x27;t too shabby against Caitlin either. > > So you could be looking at a Sivir/Morgana lane. > > Or maybe a Varus/Morgana lane, as Varus can match Cait&#x27;s poke, and his ult combined with Morgana&#x27;s Q/R would spell certain death for any opponent unlucky enough to be caught in it. > > Im not a bot laner either, Kalista/Quinn are the only two ADC&#x27;s I can play, and both of them are pretty horrible against Cait/Leo, so don&#x27;t trust my advice too much xD > > But to answer your dodge question: > Never dodge. Imagine if the Wallabies chickened out before every match with the All Blacks, that doesn&#x27;t make good sport for anyone. > If you get dealt a bad hand, you shouldn&#x27;t just give up. _(if you give up when things look tough, how will you ever learn?)_ You forgot thresh counters leona and a good janna can as well lol
: Any good way to climb as a proper support?
Depends what you mean by carrying. If you want champs i suggest leona (great tank with cc, good engage/lock downs, depending on experience can carry etc) janna whose a really good cock block even if played bad or wrongly, lulu can deny people and just bring utility and nami depending on the team. If you want mechanics, things like learning when to go in, denying cs or zoning enemies, roaming, poking, rotations etc are good to learn when trying to carry. An example can be leaving your adc in a secured bot lane and roaming mid to give secure kills (depends on support) or rotating mid after bot is gone. If u want help i can help u :D
: Help me out here....... pretty unlucky week
Firstly rito goes easy on the first time rankers so ;') nice s5, secondly if u have mmr of a bronzie then you're most likely to demote to b1 but since you're in the -3 it is certainly possible to demote to b1 after 1-2 games despite recently getting to s5. Yeah gl bruh
Nightjar (OCE)
: when do you schedule your mentoring sessions? also how do you communicate do you use discord, teamspeak, other? I'm interested in getting a bit of mentoring for the next few weeks since I generally don't have much freetime outside of holidays and late december I'm being dragged along on a family holiday and I'll have to start studying and going through required reading material for my uni course. I'd really like some advice on how to improve and I'm sure there are some glaring things I'm doing wrong that I just can't spot or notice from just watching guides and spectating other people's games.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eaytn5xM,comment-id=00010000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-26T08:29:22.566+0000) > > when do you schedule your mentoring sessions? also how do you communicate do you use discord, teamspeak, other? > I&#x27;m interested in getting a bit of mentoring for the next few weeks since I generally don&#x27;t have much freetime outside of holidays and late december I&#x27;m being dragged along on a family holiday and I&#x27;ll have to start studying and going through required reading material for my uni course. > > I&#x27;d really like some advice on how to improve and I&#x27;m sure there are some glaring things I&#x27;m doing wrong that I just can&#x27;t spot or notice from just watching guides and spectating other people&#x27;s games. Just add me
Nightjar (OCE)
: hahaha nope, I'm kinda new and I've only played this game for half a season. Half a year ago I wasn't even lvl30 and I think I first started playing league around january-february this year. I still can't land skillshots and as much as I study these things, try to practice them, watch instructional videos and seek advice from higher ranked players, when I put them into practice I'm still a potato. I still feel the advice is valid even though I'm the sort of person who can fuck up and use a warwick ultimate on a bloody wukong clone when chasing him into a bush. I have 0 mechanics and I'm kind of limited to champions with low skill requirements but I like to believe that all my studying of the game, rotations, knowledge of cooldowns, theory, ect... make up for that a little bit.\ If you have anything to correct or contribute I'd be glad of some tips myself since I'm still new and open to advice on how to improve myself.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eaytn5xM,comment-id=000100000000000200000000,timestamp=2016-11-26T07:54:08.086+0000) > > hahaha nope, I&#x27;m kinda new and I&#x27;ve only played this game for half a season. Half a year ago I wasn&#x27;t even lvl30 and I think I first started playing league around january-february this year. > > I still can&#x27;t land skillshots and as much as I study these things, try to practice them, watch instructional videos and seek advice from higher ranked players, when I put them into practice I&#x27;m still a potato. I still feel the advice is valid even though I&#x27;m the sort of person who can fuck up and use a warwick ultimate on a bloody wukong clone when chasing him into a bush. > > I have 0 mechanics and I&#x27;m kind of limited to champions with low skill requirements but I like to believe that all my studying of the game, rotations, knowledge of cooldowns, theory, ect... make up for that a little bit.\ > > If you have anything to correct or contribute I&#x27;d be glad of some tips myself since I&#x27;m still new and open to advice on how to improve myself. Exactly, you wouldnt have proof behind your theory for adc needing supports. If you've ever been in high elo (in this case no) the adc doesnt require the support if not the team. I know an adc who can literally 1v5. How? He has the game knowledge, the mechanics, his limits and how much the champ itself can do etc. He literally 1v5-ed the team once lol no help just solo. Its not needing the support to peel etc its about knowing the champ itself and your skills. Again I've been saying this multiple times to anyone, if they want free mentoring literally just as ask me lol. Only if you're willing to put the time and effort in.
Nightjar (OCE)
: that sucks but whilst adc requires the support, I don't agree with the other two. Firstly a good jungler can make things happen, force towers, crush lanes with weak earlygames and influence all 3 lanes. Now that doesn't mean he should babysit. If a lane is losing hard, don't even bother, don't go there, don't try to win it back for them, because either you'll die and fall behind, or you'll get it back, and then your laner will most likely lose it again just like they did the first time. This is carrying as the jungler 101. Your best bet is to find a lane that's breaking even or winning, and make it win harder. A game isn't so hard to carry if you have a laner or two to help you out. People say league is a team game but realistically at bronze and silver level, you only need 2-3 people to know what they're doing and have a lead to win the game. So find the lanes than you can imagine snowballing, watch how they're doing in terms of lane pressure, csing, trading and how well they play compared to their opposing laner. If you think you can win them that lane, wait till the enemy is pushed or ask your laner to freeze and then gank them, force the tower and kill it and then either ask them to roam with you if the rest of the lanes are losing or put a control ward down in an aggressive spot and then try to go to the next lane that's doing okay. Then pressure that lane, kill the enemy, take the tower, take objectives. Then you gather your team, take the next tower if the enemy tries to teamfight or defend use your advantage to force trades. Entering the midgame, getting a tower is generally worth more than getting a kill in terms of gold and especially map control but be careful since a man down can often mean a lost objective. If you have greater numbers after making a pick or skirmish it's usually best to start a teamfight or force an objective. Added note, whilst ganking is good, make sure you farm up as much as possible because you'll need gold and levels to make all this happen, so don't neglect your farming. Generally focus on 1-2 lanes and look for opportunities to get ahead first. You'll need to start snowballing to win the game and people generally won't listen to shotcalls from someone who's 0-3. As a support, I wouldn't suggest this role for hard carrying, but if you're good enough this role can carry pretty hard. Picking mage supports with high damage and kill potential is probably the easier way to carry as a support and I'd suggest things like zyra and morgana, since if you can pick up a random kill here or there, you can easily get to a point, where your adc could be afk and you'd still be able to winlane. If you're good as a mage support, don't be afraid to delay the sightstone a little and defensive stats won't really matter that much since they'll be afraid to come near you. Tank supports rely alot on teammates following up alot of the time so it's alot more challenging but blitzcrank, tahm and nautilus are all good at getting things done and offer good utility whilst not being as team reliant as champions like thresh. I agree with the fact that adc relies alot on the support. A good adc can carry regardless of the support but the adc needs a good support to shine more than a support needs a good adc to shine. Supports often have high base damage, cc and utility which means their carry potential doesn't really scale off requiring alot of gold. A stellar support and a mediocre adc is much stronger than a stellar adc and a mediocre support. People don't really think about this much but the support's skill is generally more important to the outcome of botlane laning phase than the adc. Not to mention that in bronze, supports are the worst and by playing that role yourself, you reduce the odds of having a useless player on your team by alot. Anyways I'd suggest you have a look at jungling since it can actually be one of the best roles to carry from. Also if you feel that jungle requires the lanes to do well, you're probably not roaming as the midlaner enough. Jungler and midlaners should both have a large impact on all the other lanes.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eaytn5xM,comment-id=0001000000000002,timestamp=2016-11-26T06:17:30.661+0000) > > that sucks but whilst adc requires the support, I don&#x27;t agree with the other two. > > Firstly a good jungler can make things happen, force towers, crush lanes with weak earlygames and influence all 3 lanes. Now that doesn&#x27;t mean he should babysit. If a lane is losing hard, don&#x27;t even bother, don&#x27;t go there, don&#x27;t try to win it back for them, because either you&#x27;ll die and fall behind, or you&#x27;ll get it back, and then your laner will most likely lose it again just like they did the first time. This is carrying as the jungler 101. > Your best bet is to find a lane that&#x27;s breaking even or winning, and make it win harder. A game isn&#x27;t so hard to carry if you have a laner or two to help you out. People say league is a team game but realistically at bronze and silver level, you only need 2-3 people to know what they&#x27;re doing and have a lead to win the game. So find the lanes than you can imagine snowballing, watch how they&#x27;re doing in terms of lane pressure, csing, trading and how well they play compared to their opposing laner. If you think you can win them that lane, wait till the enemy is pushed or ask your laner to freeze and then gank them, force the tower and kill it and then either ask them to roam with you if the rest of the lanes are losing or put a control ward down in an aggressive spot and then try to go to the next lane that&#x27;s doing okay. Then pressure that lane, kill the enemy, take the tower, take objectives. Then you gather your team, take the next tower if the enemy tries to teamfight or defend use your advantage to force trades. Entering the midgame, getting a tower is generally worth more than getting a kill in terms of gold and especially map control but be careful since a man down can often mean a lost objective. If you have greater numbers after making a pick or skirmish it&#x27;s usually best to start a teamfight or force an objective. Added note, whilst ganking is good, make sure you farm up as much as possible because you&#x27;ll need gold and levels to make all this happen, so don&#x27;t neglect your farming. Generally focus on 1-2 lanes and look for opportunities to get ahead first. You&#x27;ll need to start snowballing to win the game and people generally won&#x27;t listen to shotcalls from someone who&#x27;s 0-3. > > As a support, I wouldn&#x27;t suggest this role for hard carrying, but if you&#x27;re good enough this role can carry pretty hard. Picking mage supports with high damage and kill potential is probably the easier way to carry as a support and I&#x27;d suggest things like zyra and morgana, since if you can pick up a random kill here or there, you can easily get to a point, where your adc could be afk and you&#x27;d still be able to winlane. If you&#x27;re good as a mage support, don&#x27;t be afraid to delay the sightstone a little and defensive stats won&#x27;t really matter that much since they&#x27;ll be afraid to come near you. Tank supports rely alot on teammates following up alot of the time so it&#x27;s alot more challenging but blitzcrank, tahm and nautilus are all good at getting things done and offer good utility whilst not being as team reliant as champions like thresh. > > I agree with the fact that adc relies alot on the support. A good adc can carry regardless of the support but the adc needs a good support to shine more than a support needs a good adc to shine. Supports often have high base damage, cc and utility which means their carry potential doesn&#x27;t really scale off requiring alot of gold. A stellar support and a mediocre adc is much stronger than a stellar adc and a mediocre support. People don&#x27;t really think about this much but the support&#x27;s skill is generally more important to the outcome of botlane laning phase than the adc. > > Not to mention that in bronze, supports are the worst and by playing that role yourself, you reduce the odds of having a useless player on your team by alot. > > > Anyways I&#x27;d suggest you have a look at jungling since it can actually be one of the best roles to carry from. Also if you feel that jungle requires the lanes to do well, you&#x27;re probably not roaming as the midlaner enough. Jungler and midlaners should both have a large impact on all the other lanes. My question is have u ever been higher than silver?
: Actually i hate jungle, bot and sup. What is the three things those roles have in common? they rely on your team. Sup relies on the adc to do good. Adc relies on the sup to do good. Jungle relies on all 3 lanes to do good, or atleast just 2 so when he has to camp the feeding bot lane it doesnt sting as hard for mid and top. Mid and top are the only two lanes where you can pretty much just completely ignore your team and still have a chance of winning. And considering how hard this elo tilts me, thats mandatory because if i paid attentioned to even one persons lane for longer than five seconds id instantly tilt. Which is ironic really, because im an amazing shyvana jg (100% winrate) an amazing lucian and ashe (mastery 6 lucian by playing full ap top lane for the lols, even deadlier when i go ad, like im talking with just a little bit of peels i can single handedly turn a game with lucian) and an amazing thresh. But i cant fucking play any of those champions in my current elo or ill just lose because someone will fuck up. And thats the sad fucking truth of it, my best champions rely on atleast one person also being competent, it is literally impossible for me to 1v9 carry with the champ pool i am proficient at, at my skill level, which means i literally am in elo hell, good enough to notice every pain staking mistake my team makes, good enough to get pissed off about every pain staking mistake because i dont make those same mistakes (unless im tilted), but not good enough to climb.
> [{quoted}](name=YellowBrickRoad,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eaytn5xM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-11-26T04:49:10.583+0000) > > Actually i hate jungle, bot and sup. > > What is the three things those roles have in common? they rely on your team. > > Sup relies on the adc to do good. > > Adc relies on the sup to do good. > > Jungle relies on all 3 lanes to do good, or atleast just 2 so when he has to camp the feeding bot lane it doesnt sting as hard for mid and top. > > Mid and top are the only two lanes where you can pretty much just completely ignore your team and still have a chance of winning. > > And considering how hard this elo tilts me, thats mandatory because if i paid attentioned to even one persons lane for longer than five seconds id instantly tilt. > > Which is ironic really, because im an amazing shyvana jg (100% winrate) an amazing lucian and ashe (mastery 6 lucian by playing full ap top lane for the lols, even deadlier when i go ad, like im talking with just a little bit of peels i can single handedly turn a game with lucian) and an amazing thresh. > > But i cant fucking play any of those champions in my current elo or ill just lose because someone will fuck up. > > And thats the sad fucking truth of it, my best champions rely on atleast one person also being competent, it is literally impossible for me to 1v9 carry with the champ pool i am proficient at, at my skill level, which means i literally am in elo hell, good enough to notice every pain staking mistake my team makes, good enough to get pissed off about every pain staking mistake because i dont make those same mistakes (unless im tilted), but not good enough to climb. Hun stop making stuff up, as Dragon Poo mentioned the support doesnt have to rely on the adc. U can literally carry as a lux support, brand, zyra, sona etc without having the adc to be extremely good, this also applies to adc. It's all about mechanics and knowledge. You say you're good but you're in bronze? Saying you're good means jack shizzles in this elo. You say u hate the 3 roles but play champs that belong in that role. "Even deadlier if i go ad" if u were actually "deadlier" wouldnt u be able to carry your ass out of bronze? No LOL. Seriously just stop making stuff up and deal with it. Yes it takes two to carry a team but that doesnt mean if you're doing well in whatever role you are doesnt mean u CANT roam to make another lane fed (unless adc -> take turret rotate) . I can literally carry as AHRI. It takes one person to be fed thats all really in bronze.
: Back below 50% now, 4 retarded teams in a row with feeders.
I've literally asked you if u wanted help and didnt reply. Mate so what if u cant carry people who are "stupid", you're bronze deal with it. You need to learn how to stop god damm complaining and actually learn tactics to play around it. Its not hard to throw an annie mid and carry off that. Fed annie -> roam = gg all lanes. Looking from your match history i get it shaco main but do u really think an ap shaco can carry the whole game itself? Yeaaaaah nooooo. If you want I'll teach u or wat not seriously, it aint hard hun.
Tomo7182 (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yaiamone,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=7W6mUVKK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-25T10:28:29.325+0000) > > Autofill becomes enabled when queue times are deemed to be &quot;too long&quot; due to the lack of players queuing up, or when players are all queuing for the same role. > > A lot of bronze/silver/gold players are 1-trick ponies only queuing up for mid/top, creating a massive gap to fill in terms of the other roles. Hardly anyone wants to support these days, and as a result, we need autofill to actually get some of these games going. Not everyone wants a 20 minute queue time to ensure their preferred role. Just hit up flex queue in a 5man and get your preferred role every time. > > Just think, it could be worse. 20 minute queue times in master+ just to be autofilled its true with the 1 trick ponies statement. but if both queues are getting auto filled on oce at all times of day it shows that oce doesnt have the player base to have 2 queues. remove flex, keep solo queue, no one is and will be taking their flex queue rating seriously so it is a win/win situation. the main problem is i am a singed one trick and well I really don't want to play singed when i get filled into support, due to known reasons from the "smite support singed" story. also i refuse to play flex as the queue doesnt show ANY individual skill level of play its just who can make the best shot calling over a mic.
> [{quoted}](name=SingedUsedFling,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=7W6mUVKK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-11-25T10:36:07.502+0000) > > its true with the 1 trick ponies statement. but if both queues are getting auto filled on oce at all times of day it shows that oce doesnt have the player base to have 2 queues. remove flex, keep solo queue, no one is and will be taking their flex queue rating seriously so it is a win/win situation. > > the main problem is i am a singed one trick and well I really don&#x27;t want to play singed when i get filled into support, due to known reasons from the &quot;smite support singed&quot; story. > > also i refuse to play flex as the queue doesnt show ANY individual skill level of play its just who can make the best shot calling over a mic. I dont get it, how hard is it to play to play support? Theres two styles of support u can play which is basically either peel or carry. You dont even need to cs
: OCE Club for beginners and noobs - toxic players and abusers not welcome
: So carried myself over the 50% winrate hump on my way to b2 just sliding into those promos and then.
: OCE Club for beginners and noobs - toxic players and abusers not welcome
When u mean by learning do u mean like people actually helping each other, mentoring,giving advice or just literally a group of people saying hey we're new to league/noobs leggo?
: I feel ya Bronze adcs -minimal map awareness, even with three wards down in the river and spamming alerts they still wont retreat -very 1 objective focused in the laning phase. Cant farm and zone/harass Can't play behind and catch up,usually give up after dieing twice and either call for ff or just blame everything on the support The list is endless I dont even bother playing support in ranked
> [{quoted}](name=CHEESYLEEKS,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=M5ZtR3qT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-22T01:42:51.957+0000) > > I feel ya > > Bronze adcs > -minimal map awareness, even with three wards down in the river and spamming alerts they still wont retreat > -very 1 objective focused in the laning phase. Cant farm and zone/harass > Can&#x27;t play behind and catch up,usually give up after dieing twice and either call for ff or just blame everything on the support > > The list is endless > > I dont even bother playing support in ranked Complaining when you're b5 yourself :')
Rioter Comments
Anıma (OCE)
: It's flex queue and it's purely to test preseason changes and to kinda get a feel for your mmr for next season. I've had Master players in games with Gold/Silvers. I mean it is annoying if you're low elo but all you can really do is improve. These ranked games don't mean much unless your goal is practice.
> [{quoted}](name=Ryuku,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=lb2WAn2R,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-12T06:45:34.583+0000) > > It&#x27;s flex queue and it&#x27;s purely to test preseason changes and to kinda get a feel for your mmr for next season. I&#x27;ve had Master players in games with Gold/Silvers. I mean it is annoying if you&#x27;re low elo but all you can really do is improve. These ranked games don&#x27;t mean much unless your goal is practice. It's rank, the point is to consistently compete against people who are around your current elo not receive people who are 2-3 tiers higher. Emphasis the word 'constantly'
Rioter Comments
MCNT052 (OCE)
: By depending on the situation i mean either im not support, or others simply arent warding much, that sort of thing. Stop playing ranked seems like a good idea until im set. With the runes, do i buy all the runes necessary to my set up (and the basics) or do i buy ALL of them? Also im having a little bit of trouble getting used to unlocked camera. In a fight i cant move the camera fast enough for whaever im trying to do (i know i can switch it or hold spacebar but i cant multi-task at that level yet) Do you also recommend buying the main champs that are in the role im going to main in ranked? (supprot) like i dont know if i want to buy kassadin, blitzcrank sona xearth or azir (maybe not the last two until im comfortable with free cam) ill buy t3 runes, but i still want to be able to buy new champions to have fun with. Also i dont want to try improve too much, itll be too much to handle for me. Also, i never know whos judgement i should take on some matters, like if someone is worth buying or not. Some IRL friends say no, hes up from some nerfs while other players (in a higher elo) say that they are fine.
> [{quoted}](name=MCNT052,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=TmoyGHjh,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-30T06:55:11.749+0000) > > By depending on the situation i mean either im not support, or others simply arent warding much, that sort of thing. > Stop playing ranked seems like a good idea until im set. With the runes, do i buy all the runes necessary to my set up (and the basics) or do i buy ALL of them? > > Also im having a little bit of trouble getting used to unlocked camera. In a fight i cant move the camera fast enough for whaever im trying to do (i know i can switch it or hold spacebar but i cant multi-task at that level yet) Do you also recommend buying the main champs that are in the role im going to main in ranked? (supprot) like i dont know if i want to buy kassadin, blitzcrank sona xearth or azir (maybe not the last two until im comfortable with free cam) ill buy t3 runes, but i still want to be able to buy new champions to have fun with. > > Also i dont want to try improve too much, itll be too much to handle for me. Also, i never know whos judgement i should take on some matters, like if someone is worth buying or not. Some IRL friends say no, hes up from some nerfs while other players (in a higher elo) say that they are fine. I think you should just focus on finishing your rune pages and master/get comfortable on roles that u succeed in and find interesting or fun. If u want i can mentor you :3
: Losing Hope
I would say the amount of experience people have. People who play in low elo for a long time have this sort of instinct where if something happens or its not going their way they give up. Not many low elo people have that hope of the enemy team throwing or creating mistakes for an advantage.
SoSaucy (OCE)
: positioning in terms of your teammates
What does a positioning of your teammates have to do with the individual skll and positioning? Lol if youre an adc u can still carry depending on your mechanics and knowledge
Show more

He Meant Mine

Level 30 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion