Lumers (OCE)
: Assists - Do they need a retune?
Why u care so much about an assist figure??
: Graves or Kog'maw?
Shotgun bob is a good all rounder Works in jungle or any line I think Kog will get nerf at some stage to the point where skill are re-adjusted, which might change his mechanic... bob on the other hand, I don't think they can change much, apart from reducing some dmg, so as a long term choice i'd say bob... Ps:i dont know why I keep on calling graves shotgun bob...
: What you've described is not strictly a 'rule', it's the meta (Most Efficient Tactic Available). The meta will change from season to season and patch to patch. In its base form the meta is something like this: Top lanes for tanks / bruisers due to the distance between towers being the furthest. You don't want to get caught as a squishy target because you'll die before you get back to the safety of your tower. Mid lane is usually for mages and high mobility champs as they can roam to other lanes easier and get access to buffs. Bottom lane had the damage and support champs as the distance between towers is shorter and there is access to Dragon. The jungle is pretty flexible, but usually has a champ with some sustain to clear the camps and engage to pull off successful ganks. Supports come in an array of skill sets. Some are aggressive, some protect, some heal. As you play more you'll find who works with who and suits your play style. {{champion:104}} in top lane is pretty devastating as he has tank and burst damage. There's a reason he gets banned at pro level. If you're playing normal or co-op games, people shouldn't be too concerned with the meta. Play who you like, where you like. But, be mindful there are champs that are better suited to some roles. If you're against a champ that is better suited to that role, you might struggle if they are the same skill level as you. The first rule of climbing in ranked is: Play who you're comfortable with. Especially at low ELO. TL:DR The rules don't matter in normal or co-op games. No one knows how good you are with a certain champ , so play who you like.
thank you for the reply :D will read it now~ PS: so that's what META stands for.... {{item:3151}}
: Lanes in a nutshell: Bot lane (Attack Damage Carry + Support) - AD carries scale best with ITEMS (aka gold) as they rely mostly on basic attacks for the majority of there damage which only increases slowly as they level. The are partnered with supports as the are quite weak early game and the support is there to babysit them so they can farm gold easily. Supports allow ADCs to take all the gold from minion kills and rely on special "support items" that give them indirect sources of gold including relic shield (tank version - can execute minions to give yourself and carry bonus gold), ancient coin (passive version - gives health + gold when minions are killed by someone else) and whatever the frostfang precursor is (AP/offensive version - provide gold on hitting enemies). Mid Lane (Assassins and Ability Power Carries) - Mid laners scale best with LEVELS as they primarily use their abilities for damage. They are given a solo lane to maximise xp gain (as xp is distributed to all champs close to a killed minions). Secondly mid is the shortest lane, so since the majority of mid laners are squishy and vulnerable to ganks this is the best lane for them. Lastly, mid lane has close proximity to the blue golem buff, which is typically "donated" by the jungler on the second spawn to alleviate mana problems most mid laners have (and also provides some nice cooldown reduction). Top Lane (Mainly tanks/bruisers) - Top lane is probably the most "varied role", primarily inhabited by tanks and bruisers (tanks with a bit less tank and a bit more damage). They are mainly tanks since having a tank is always helpful for the team and this is there best spot, top is also a long lane (like bot) and being tanky enables them to survive ganks (somewhat). However, on occasion adcs such as vayne and quinn make it top lane as they act as a counter for many other top laners and have the ability to escape ganks, also some AP carries such as vlad (though he is kinda tanky anyway) and lissandra go top for the same reason. Jungle (Has specific requirements) - Jungle is a special case, while it is a lot more forgiving than previous seasons, opening up the champion pool that can successful jungle, it require champs that can kill stronger monsters solo, either by having fast aoe clear (such as shyvana) or some form of health sustain (such as warwick and fiddlesticks). Sustain junglers make have slower clears but they can stay in the jungle for longer without going back to base. AoE clear jungles have fast clears to ramp up quick and gold quickly. The junglers job is to help out other lanes by ganking so have forms of burst and/or cc helps them on this endevour, alternatively you can instead focus on counter jungling (invading the other teams jungle) and stealing their camps to starve out their jungler or actively hunting down the enemy jungler (udyr, shyvana and nunu fit this well). Basically the "meta" exists as it provides the best lanes for the most well-balanced team, there are always "non-meta" picks which can either excel or flop, most people don't like this as they don't know who you are and if you are any good and are more comfortable is people follow the "formula". To answer you specific questions. Ashe isn't great job as she is incredibly vulnerable to ganks as all she has is a slow to escape, so you will be camped hard by the enemy jungler. Also you are squisy enough for tanks to kill easily early one. She also isn't great mid lane as she will get bursted down easily by other mages/assassins as AD carries require "time" to kill their target. Graves is a special case as he pretty much fits into all categories as a short-ranged, tanky, bursting, adc/assassin/brusier. People take him into the jungle as he has good clear and constantly knocks back jungle monsters to avoid damage. In bot lane he can work well depending on the support, but his short range leaves him vulnerable to poke. Mid he has the same problem as ashe and top he can't burst down tanks and hence will die when reloading. Jungle ended up being the "best fit" for him. Anyway hope this helps :D
kinda long, will read it now lol just wanna reply first ty alot for the reply man!
Rioter Comments
: Critnana*
i actually enjoy playing critnana lol team mate be like wtf, but it's good fun XD
: mini map help
There is a option in the menu somewhere from memory, moving with mini map or something like that
: Gone from carrying to not getting a single kill.
Maybe coz the last two updates changed some of the champ abilities
: Surprise S rank's
Gratz~ One of the reason could be that it's a champ thats lest popular than others, so the ranking record, if u would call it, is bit easier to achive higher rank? I remember playing one game with ashe, doing very well yet only got an A ranking T-T so sad....
: 'Cause you're a dirty Soraka player.
Tomo7182 (OCE)
: Urf spam....
Haters will hate
: Announcing the Australia/New Zealand localisation pack
U are kidding right? Happy april fools.... Do not change Ahri, as it actually means "the fox" in certian asian language...
AhriCharm (OCE)
: Proposed change to the Punishment system.
i personally think the punishment system atm is useless i mean... chat restriction and perm-ban? lol come on, it's like a slap on the wrist i used to play on the chinese server where strong toxic speech and intentionally afk/feeding has became part of daily experience basically a really fk up community... so i came to OCE, hoping for better so far, i've been playing on OCE server for about 3 month and i think i am lucky in the sense that i haven't encounter much toxicity here (thank god... most people I've played are funny and friendly however, in the rare cases where i do encounter them, or from the stories i've heard... the verbal abuse coming from toxic players are in fact disgusting like u said, and in lots (if not all...) of the cases, the words said are actually actionable by law, as assault and/or abuse the thing with toxic player is that, even if you perm-ban them they can just make another account, come back, and carry out their vengeance on other players making thing worse for everyone let's face it, laws and rules only "work" for those who follow it and if the punishment is working, we wouldn't have toxic player the fact that there are still so many of them roaming our community says that they simply don't give a fk... at the end of the day... this is just a game it's no like i can find out who insulted me and sue him/her (well... not impossible but... CBF... and since the forum has that ridiculous "not name and shame" policy we do not know who are the toxic players until we encounter them in game if riot could make strong abusive speech a "report-to-law" offence maybe that will stop those immature keyboard warrior kids a little i doubt that will ever happen lol unless someone actually kill themselves and leave a note or something... but then it's too late isn't it? if anything, I'd suggest IP ban for serious offence at lease it would make it harder for banned players to create new account and come back just some of my thoughts on the issue nothing important to read here lol
Brucey (OCE)
: League Screen Saver LOVE IT!!
I almost forgot there's a function call screen saver lol Haven't used it since win98 I think
: Let's be nice.
Well said Sadly some people likes to hide behind the monitor and act like a cuxt coz they no nothing will happen to them... So cyber bully will not stop... Thanks to those people
Staldy (OCE)
: Level 5 Champs
: but you have to admit that {{champion:133}} is op
JWhizz (OCE)
: LF someone to play some casual norms with :)
Need a support role? Please call 1300 SORAKA :D Lv25 atm
: Fiora's W ability blocks ignite?
I believe it block all skill
: Oh and are curse words allowed in the memes or no? The rules say nothing too risque or violent, but are curses which are used otherwise acceptable? Edit: Something like this http://41.media.tumblr.com/3a3a6d5e0c1e0cea20f0776a59e3171c/tumblr_mjj0pgiRci1s0bxpxo2_1280.jpg or this. http://40.media.tumblr.com/22715ea4b882c70d7bc3fab35124e3f8/tumblr_nhvbo4azXQ1u7ku1eo1_1280.jpg
That hat lol I have actually think of that question when I first statted playing
Rahmi (OCE)
: Ekko Jungle - Funtage - Would love some Feedback :)
Roflmao @ john cena hahahaha Nice vid
andyMak (OCE)
: I Made It!
Gratz man
meercat (OCE)
: Should Fiora be removed From LOL?
If a champ gets remove just because one person doesn't know how to deal with it, then very soon we would have no champ left... Fiora is actually been nerfed alot... Should see the old fiora, dominating top lane, it was ridiculous TAT
Damocracy (OCE)
: I like the concept, like in hardcore minecraft.
Gzen (OCE)
: (Request) Gamemode where if you die, you are booted from the current game.
UniGoth (OCE)
: I'd play, but as you are level 29 and I am only level 15 and currently am not that good because I am still learning, I will spare you that lolz
No one is good at the game from day one~ just relax and have fun
: looking for 4 people to play consistently for hours on end with me
Support main, casual adc player at ur service free of charge!! Keeping u alive with the best of my abilities~~ but if u die... Well u die... Operating from 7pm till 12am! Please call 1300 SORAKA for more detail! Or simply add me ingame ;D
UniGoth (OCE)
: Learning?
Poppy jungle... Hmmmmm Anyway~ hi there Lvl25 support main at ur service Can't really teach u the game tho As I am still learning too... and has no idea how to use poppy akali... But if you need a support Or just some company Feel free to add me ingame :) I only play co-op ai atm trying to lvl up Coz I suck... (truth hurts... LoL) And coz that waiting time for pvp is just ridiculously long...
: If you like one piece...
Gamu gamu no!!!!!!!!!!
: Heyyy :3 I just switched from Dota2 any tips for Soraka and Nami?
Soraka: main W and Q Use blue income item instead yellow imo, Try to heal team mate after landing Q on ememy for extra healing buff apply And keep an eye on team hp, use ult wisely Nami: when using her healing/atk ability, make sure u know who u wanna click first, enermy or team mate, as it can skip, good for getting running enemy. Her bubble stun thingy has a small delay, so place it on enemy path instead on enemy. Her ult is very useful in team fight, can use it to split up enemy party or chance running enemy I am also new, and I main soraka for support, feel free to add me in game :D
andyMak (OCE)
: Can support Carry?
Sona is very deadly if build right
: 200 """""youths""""" brawl in Melbourne.
was there reports of asians getting targeted and robbed that same night? guess not O_O i wonder why...
Malygos (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=iy8wazZq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-10T22:15:32.260+0000) > > Yes let's blame the gun and not the irresponsible owner. i'd rather blame the irresponsible culture that allows anyone to get their hands on enough power to kill or significantly wound another human being without much thought
> [{quoted}](name=Malygos,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=iy8wazZq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-03-10T22:46:48.868+0000) > > i'd rather blame the irresponsible culture that allows anyone to get their hands on enough power to kill or significantly wound another human being without much thought {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: my boyfriend is mean ):
dump him and find someone else? problem solved
: Because if you don't deal with the Rammus in front of you, he will kill you.
But this is a team play game O .O... Tank is only useful when there are team mates, no? I dont know, I am new to lol
: Why do people say "Let the mages deal with Rammus" or any high armor tank for that matter.
Why no just kill everyone else... I mean... With out team mate turtle is pretty useless...
Malygos (OCE)
: oh look, it happened again
: I try... I really do...
Hahahahaha I get u
Olee (OCE)
: I swear we used to be able to undo some purchases even if we'd JUST left the fountain?
: unknown directX error
Have u try updating directx?
Rioter Comments
: Lonely Level 19 Looking for friends
Do u main amumu? Lol jking Feel free to add me
Krumblore (OCE)
: Why is the community so horrible
You not reporting the bots is the exact reason why theres still so many of them... Most people are so cbf with them th at they dont get reported... As with trollers... Fkers everywhere man Feel sorry for you having to face those morons
chewbucca (OCE)
: Can someone please make this.
The goat will put up a good fight TAT
: Level up rewards for new players
i prefer if they would give new player lvl 1 runes as reward not only it help (a little bit...) during early level it would also help new player get an idea of how the rune system works ect
: > [{quoted}](name=Malygos,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=idiERIGJ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-03-07T22:28:16.043+0000) > > A radicalised man who was days away from being picked up by the law for sexual assault charges took a gun (which can be legally acquired with good reason and a permit, surprise surprise Australia has guns we just aren't obsessed with them) and held a cafe for 16 hours? it was a long time. Were they from AU or foreign?
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=idiERIGJ,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-08T00:18:17.757+0000) > > Were they from AU or foreign? some say he was a fan of the ISIS
Malygos (OCE)
: A radicalised man who was days away from being picked up by the law for sexual assault charges took a gun (which can be legally acquired with good reason and a permit, surprise surprise Australia has guns we just aren't obsessed with them) and held a cafe for 16 hours? it was a long time. The event was called the Sydney Siege if you want to look up the specifics. At about 2am, there was gunfire from within the building and then police stormed the premise and killed the dickhead who did it. All in all, it was a disgusting thing to have happened here. Some good things came from it like the Illridewithyou hashtag (which was a shot back at the anti-muslim racism that followed this event) > [{quoted}](name=Icarus1314,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=idiERIGJ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-03-07T21:54:09.711+0000) > > Except the hostage was shot by the cops.... A ricochet bullet caught one of the hostages in the leg and she lost too much blood to be saved or something IIRC the other hostage that died was shot by the guy who was holding them while trying to wrestle the gun from him, so claims the other hostages
> [{quoted}](name=Malygos,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=idiERIGJ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-03-07T22:28:16.043+0000) > so claims the other hostages {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Hyde (OCE)
: Nice! Now we have proof that the report system works! I knew it! all them bitch that say it doesn't work, yall wrong! Thanks for posting this! :){{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=Hyde,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=bhEIPirc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-07T19:20:13.426+0000) > > Nice! Now we have proof that the report system works! I knew it! all them bitch that say it doesn't work, yall wrong! > Thanks for posting this! :){{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} No, now we have prove they automated reply system works...
Niji (OCE)
: Just some mudslime terrorist with a vintage shotgun he got somehow he died in the end as well as two hostages but still 2 people dying being a national tragedy is better then have it be some edgy teen shooting up an entire school and killing like 20 people be what happens instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Niji,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=idiERIGJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-07T12:54:04.729+0000) > > Just some mudslime terrorist with a vintage shotgun he got somehow he died in the end as well as two hostages but still 2 people dying being a national tragedy is better then have it be some edgy teen shooting up an entire school and killing like 20 people be what happens instead. Except the hostage was shot by the cops....
: AU hostage situation?
btw which incident are you referring to?? coz theres been a few
Show more

Icarus1314

Level 28 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion