Main Line (OCE)
: The Oceanic Challenger Series (OCS) for 2018
Ok thanks guys, I'll check back later to see the standings.
  Rioter Comments
GD Maco (NA)
: yup, the hard work's reward doesn't feel like its worth it
Phantiks was right when he said (2016) that the game will be dead in 5 years time. This year i grinded from 35 champions to 91 champions and since the blue essence update, only bought champions with the free blue essence that they gave me when i switched over. They are just too expensive now. I'll probably quit this game soon.
: Essendon FC enters E-Sports and the OPL by purchasing Abyss
GD Maco (NA)
: (PRE-SEASON) IMPOSSIBLE TO BUY CHAMPIONS WITH NEW BE SYSTEM
Yeah these changes have introduced so many bots... yesterday I was the only human in a co-op vs AI intermediate game.
Intel x (OCE)
: I Get a 14 Day Suspension For This?
> [{quoted}](name=Intel x,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=ZKI3n8nU,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-12-04T07:53:18.065+0000) > > Intel x: WHY ARE YOU GROUPING WITH THE PERSON THATS SPLITTING OCE soloqueue in a nutshell, no macro whatsoever
Plutooh (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Main Line,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=Hf3QfeGb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-11-29T22:13:24.995+0000) > > It also depends on which times of the day you play ARAMs. Bots are very prevalent at night time. Also there are bots that are levelling up in Players vs AI modes. I call them the 'gromp bots' because they just try to farm jungle camps. If the camp is not there, then they recall and go to a different one. One time I totally trolled a bot because I noticed that it wanted to "help" me get the Baron, so I just let it die to the Baron :) Strange, I actually work from home so I play a lot during the day and find the bots in ARAM mostly during the day. I have no idea how these scripts work, maybe you have to start each game then run the script and walk away for 20 minutes, rinse and repeat. It wouldn't start new games for you would it?
Yep the bots can do all kinds of things. Like you can leave them on all day and they can play all day. Have a look at their match history to confim this. It's not just one game at a time, its a 48 hr session or longer.
Plutooh (OCE)
: Players going AFK because of bots should NOT be penalised.
It also depends on which times of the day you play ARAMs. Bots are very prevalent at night time. Also there are bots that are levelling up in Players vs AI modes. I call them the 'gromp bots' because they just try to farm jungle camps. If the camp is not there, then they recall and go to a different one. One time I totally trolled a bot because I noticed that it wanted to "help" me get the Baron, so I just let it die to the Baron :)
Fitzky (OCE)
: Gotta love the chinese players
Videos are now muted also? Cmon think about the reasons why naming and shaming is a thing - because heaps of people would start bs topics. But videos are just there to show what happened, it's hardly naming and shaming. Can't handle what happened in a game? Unlucky.
: I mean for the last 3 hours, i have checked several times, not a single game.
Challengers aren't playing solo queue at the moment, because of too many monkeys trolling in preseason. They are playing ' Milky Queue' instead, which is not able to be spectated.
: Are Riot employees racist?
It's pretty bad when guys like IWillDominate have to change their use of the friendly "n.i.g.g.a" to "retarded" on stream, to avoid backlash from SJWs. Personally I prefer to use "dunn" instead of "n.i.g.g.a" (Mobb Deep style). Also N.I.G.G.A. is the gangsta rap comradlry style, whilst N.I.G.G.E.R. is the racist form.
: Can a Admin explains how this chat warrants a perm ban while being trolled 3 games in arow?
> [{quoted}](name=mmm Popsicles,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=44oklITT,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-30T14:20:13.245+0000) > > Game 2 > mmm Popsicles: but you're trash vayne > mmm Popsicles: you're losing a kogmaw raka lane and vayne bruam I'd just like point out that a Kog'Maw Soraka lane normally does win against a Vayne/Braum. Double ranged with sustain.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Proof that Riot's Balancing Team is Retarded
Dong Huap's videos are pretty good satire. But Galio was already fine in the state that he was on the Worlds patch; I feel like they didn't need to change him. Mobalytics is some western shit though aha. It's good for a giggle.
: Does rank necessarily determine someone's game knowledge?
Also consider that some of the OPL pros are coached by Platinums etc. Even Kkoma is only platinum in Korea (he might have let it decay a little). A lot of OCE challengers have excellent mechanics but poor understanding of the game. However this is masked in soloqueue. Especially because their opponents have the same issues. Game Knowledge is only one component of your rank. There's many other factors like mechanics (this includes computer components and posture), mentality (this emcompasses mood and motivation), luck, intent (whether you want to troll, one trick, or actually practice meta, etc). **Can someone of lower ranking, provide helpful game advice to someone of higher ranking?** Of course they can, if the higher ranked person does not already know this something about the game. And you can bet that this can be true in OCE, because we don't have any world class players. There's plenty of gaps in game knowledge amongst OCE players. For example, Chiefs have had a problem for many years now, that they lack patience in critical situations in the game. A proper coach/analyst would have spotted this and had them work on it in an efficient manner. Just one example. The moments or areas where a lower rated player would be able to give a higher rated player advice would be rather thin however. It would be in very niche situations, for example perhaps in a certain champion matchup, or meta shift theory, or in situations where the average high mmr player does not know about. it's all relative to what you are calling high and low. In general, in most situations the lower rated player would offer nothing new to the higher rated player.
: FaKer is god like...Maybe dunai has no effect
Ahah, good defence there, we don't want any soothsayers being punished by the authorities :)
bluz0r (OCE)
: LF D+ players to defeat level 100 doom bots
Well, hello there. It's that time of the year again. Are you ready to defeat the Doom Bots this time, or has your macro declined after dropping back to your true elo level? ^_^
: A new culture of E-Sports, DUNAI, has been invented by Chinese youth , catching on the social circle
Maybe he can "dunai: SK Telecom T1 for the final? I think they would still win, lol.
: People like This Needs to be Banned from Ranked
Yeah he doesn't seem to do very well. I guess its because Taric doesn't push very hard. There's better champions to troll with in top lane.
Skitzoner (OCE)
: well, my point is that Riot said another Ryze rework should come out before patch 7.22. But it didn't. So there is no need for us to argue whether ryze is weak and desearve a rework or not. I'm just curious about the process of rework that they promised and why is it delayed.
ya i was replying to Nightjar there.
: WELCOME BACK MARKSMAN MONTAGE WITH INSANE EDITING (would love some feedback)
That was pretty sweet. OCE Corki and Vayne though, lul.
: It doesn't matter how much gold you have or how many times you killed your laner, if you don't put it to good use. The game isn't won because one person has a lot of gold, but because one team out pressures the other. Let's say you're Le Blanc and the 6/0 ADC appears in your lane and one-shots you. Is it your fault the ADC is 6/0? Of course not! Bot lane are to blame. The real question is, did you do anything about it? Had you properly warded, you wouldn't have made the 6/0 ADC 7/0. Control wards only cost 75g. Always try to buy at least one whenever you back. *But that would put me 75g behind my next item*, I hear you say. Literally just W + Q the three caster minions (~60g) and back, and by the time you're in base you should have earned 75g. How hard was that? Spending 75g will save you time (from respwaning and walking back to lane) that you can use for farming. You will easily make that gold back, and then some. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What else could you have done, besides warding better? Wards aren't going to stop the ADC being 6/0. To which I say: *Roaming*. There's not really much point making your lane opponent 0/5. Le Blanc is very mobile. Hard shove the wave after you kill your lane opponent, walk bot, and attack the ADC during the early levels. And guess what? They walk away. They burn a summoner or two. Heck, they may even need to base or end up dying. That took you, what? 20 seconds? What else could you have done in that time? Hit a tower with your weak mage auto attacks before the early game fortification bonus disappears? What you did was use your advantage to apply pressure, even if it was small. That summoner they wasted or their low health means that their 6/0 state is delayed. Did you kill them? Great! Now their tower is chunked to 1/3 of its health. Who's going to stop you? The dead ADC and Support? Their Jungler cannot 1 v 3. If your enemy laner appears Bot, they just lost a lot of free gold and xp to their Mid Lane tower. Since you had pressure Bot, the enemy will flee when they see you. What if you go into Fog of War and send a clone Bot Lane while you back? They will run and give your Laners the advantage. And then rinse and repeat. Kill or make your laner low, shove the wave, appear bot for some light pressure. Did you waste their summs? Good job! That's pressure! Either back to lane or to base. Did you kill them or make them base? BOOM! Free tower and shove to the next one. Now they have the choice of either losing a lot of xp and gold to their Tier 2 tower, or losing dragon. Either way, now your Bot are ahead in gold and levels. Now what? Take top. Take Herald. Et cetera... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Same thing if you're ADC. There are two of you. You can have twice as many wards. Bot side River and Jungle should be lit like a Christmas tree. Don't be afraid to get Control Wards. You need to look at the map as well. Did you see the enemy Jungler gank Top? Shove lane, ping your Jungler, and take dragon. The enemy bot are either going to lose the much needed xp and gold (since they're behind) or lose dragon. Either way, it's a win-win for you. Is dragon not up? Why not go and ward the enemy Jungle? How about taking some of those camps too? Now lets say you get the tower. Now what? Is dragon up? Shove to Tier 2 and take dragon. What if it isn't? Shove, then base, then gank your Top Laner, and just like that you have Herald and Top tower advantage. Who will stop you? The dead Top Laner? The Bot lane that are far behind trying to get farm on botside? That just leaves their Mid and Jungler. If their Mid leaves, then your Mid will either follow, or shove lane and make them lose a lot of xp and gold. Either way, the fight will always lean in your favour. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope this helps you :D Basically just warding and learning to apply pressure (not matter how small) to other parts of the map. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Challenger Eve,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=foqmrpnO,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-30T03:31:16.724+0000) > > It doesn't matter how much gold you have or how many times you killed your laner, if you don't put it to good use. The game isn't won because one person has a lot of gold, but because one team out pressures the other. > Never have more truer words been spoken. Take note all of Oceania in low elo. That means everyone under diamond 2! Stop throwing games because you have shit macro. **The game isn't won because one person has a lot of gold, but because one team out-pressures the other.**
: Can we have the old client back?
There's other small annoying bugs after recent patches also. For example: 1) In spectator mode watching friends, when you hover on items, sometimes only the starting items show their stats and abilities, the others don't bring the info pop-up. 2) some bs about "your party has disbanded" happens on occasion. 3) emote bug messages And nah, Monkey Max, the client is not a huge improvement, it's worse than the old one. Depends what you want though, eh? Glossy looks or functionality. On the old one I could spectate challenger games, now its been a year and we still can't do that unless they are on your friend's list. And your own personal stats in ranked have been muzzled. For example you can't see how many Pentas you got this season, etc etc
Nightjar (OCE)
: why is ryze so weak though? Is it his range? Is the shield too weak? is his ult too hard to coordinate in soloq? does he not have enough cc, movespeed, base stats, earlygame damage, lategame scaling? Projectile speed? Ratios? What happened? It feels like at some point, something happened, a nerf too far or something, and suddenly he's the weakest champion in the game. Like 40% winrate, something needs to be done, but I wonder if it Riot really wants to do a 4th ryze rework, because, well, that's alot of reworks.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=d6JEGixj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-31T11:48:09.318+0000) > > why is ryze so weak though? > Is the shield too weak? Check > is his ult too hard to coordinate in soloq? Triple Check > does he not have enough movespeed? From Q proccing? Check It's mainly the ult offering no damage and being bad in soloqueue and that there are other mages that burst him down from a longer distance.
: Doom Bots
On the other hand, we get to play Brand (so far, so good). R.I.P. Dumb Bots
Newto (OCE)
: I GOT BANNED FOR 2 WEEKS AROUND AUG-SEP AND IM CHALL
Hi Newto, Are you going to play for a team this coming split? I think the meta is going to be shifting again, which could be good for your style of champions and play :)
: we all have bad games but i mean this is one of my worst and im sure u have gad bad games then ur team flame the hell put of u then expect u to be there best friend? have u not
All that the ban is telling you is: On your next account use mute and don't flame back.
: Hmm although im technically not stating my issue is a bug, yours does sound like a good enough reason to send a bug report. I just think they haven't thought this system through with care at all. The thing that scares me is knowing even if you are a good player, with good game sense and were really supportive through the game, anyone from the opposite team could be salty/tilted af and just report you for no reason and drop your honor level.
> [{quoted}](name=JustFahfah,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=vpW6Gdzi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-22T09:40:18.951+0000) > > The thing that scares me is knowing even if you are a good player, with good game sense and were really supportive through the game, anyone from the opposite team could be salty/tilted af and just report you for no reason and drop your honor level. I'm in the same situation as you... been honour level 3 for ages. I'm not toxic, however I do offer advice in game and sometimes when kids can't handle it they fly off the handle. I mute them, but I'm sure they report after the game. So this is probably why its not increasing. TLDR: play game, mute all, pingmute all, get honour level 5, if you wanna be a robot.
: Someone told me they got to challenger in under 500 games from their first game. So that means that anyone with over 500 games has proven themselves to be dedicated enough to apply for your team, according to your own logic. Since I have over 500 ranked games on a single champion this season alone, add me and keep me posted on when the trials are so i can be ready, thanks.
Why not just start your own OOL team? Would be easier than trying to get accepted by the team that you don't meet their criteria.
hzx86s (OCE)
: The question is that some players want to taunt another player, i can block their speak but taunt behaviour is nor correct. In fact, they using emote and dance to taunt and report system do nothing for those player. Also, most of player will not spend RP on the emote. Usually you will not play the second with the player who taunt you, it makes me feel really angry. I report those player but on the next game I see the trolling player again. I doubt the report system is useful or not. I think some time you meet the player who is really disgusting,they never respect you. I try to tell staff and change this condition.
It's a war game dude, if you can't handle a silly taunt, god help you. Life's going to throw you a lot of curveballs as you progress. It's not what life throws at you, its _how you handle it_.
: oh and you say "you aren't the kind of person I'd like to play with" yet the Darius was the one being the extremely toxic one he got muted and report by all of us the second game i had bots in pvp in bot lane with a flaming 0/5 Warwick at 10 minutes. dont say things like that when this is 2 games out of hundreds
What the Darius did was wrong, I'm sure they got punished also. But we are talking about YOU here, not Darius, and what you did to ban Lux support was despicable. It's not your decision to tell other players what is good/bad, or deny them their picks. If they want to play Lux support, it's their choice. As you stated above, you've already had bans before, so it's time to learn from mistakes while you enjoy this ban.
: Plat/gold ADC(on bronze alt) LF support
So how come you deleted me after one loss because we had silly teammates? I think maybe someone else needs to be tilt proof :)
Michi (OCE)
: Could you let me know if its the problem lies with the OCE server or the broadband company
Loving my ASDL2 here... all these jokers in the street switched to NBN, now I have no lag, it's awesome! :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Main Line,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=5VN3lI5P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-10T23:57:09.808+0000) > > I think it takes the automation at least a week to kill a bot, and thats only if people report it. As in the case of "killtaiwanese32" and their clones. I'd really like to see Riot hire people to be in game and not just use the automation. Apart from catching the bots faster, they could also change immature players behaviour a lot quicker. > For example, imagine if they were in a soloqueue game, and some guy was breaking the rules. They could warn them and if the player persisted, they could apply the punishment immediately. Then in the end of game screen they could have a chat to that player. I'm sure that player would reform rather quickly. WAIT.... wtf. I had killtaiwanese212 in a fucking ranked game not too long ago. Ran right down mid and fed the akali so hard. https://imgur.com/LyrrQzf
Yes it's a known troll, I don't think they even use the bot to sell accounts. They do it on all servers.
Pomarr (OCE)
: Bots in A.R.A.M, and people instalocking with incorrect lanes
It looks like your links were removed for naming and shaming, but I agree, it's frustrating when instalockers completely disregard their team. Maybe these instalockers should be trolled themselves. I.e. just go mid and share the lane with them and last hit better than them. But seriously, lets hope draft pick stays and blind pick is removed. As for the instalocker, if Riot had a person checking them out, they would get disciplined a lot quicker than the automation will do. I remember there was a guy on these boards saying that they would just instalock every game to test if the automation would even discipline him at all. I forget the name, but it would be interesting to see the results.
ShareX (OCE)
: 2fa might not be needed but I 1+ the idea of having an option to use 2fa for leauge accounts. Such as Discord and Steam forcing you to use 2fa via emails or mobile authenticators. Gabe Newell's username and password are publicly available but nobody can login to it because only Gabe has access to the 2fa. Of course being aware of scams is common knowledge but the extra security is always helpful towards the people who might want the extra security on their accounts or aren't very good with the internet and identifying scams. But it should be left as an option for the people who want it. If you don't want to use it then all good, no problems with me ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯.
I was bruteforce attacked a few months ago, and Riot restored my account after the hackers used the account with scripts to boost one of their friends in soloqueue. Hackers are quite adept at getting around whatever password you have. I've done my research into how I got hacked with a 11 digit password with letters/numbers in it. They use all kinds of methods like scraping, bruteforcing with generators, wordlists, and even made their own account checking tools that exploit Riot's security. However an extremely easy fix that Riot shoud implement right away is to make sure all account are verified right at the start. Why have an option for unverified accounts in the first place? If accounts are verified, then the original owners can always get them back, and this deters hackers/sellers etc. Two factor authentication could be implemented though, what's the cons to this?
: Aram leveling bots.
I think it takes the automation at least a week to kill a bot, and thats only if people report it. As in the case of "killtaiwanese32" and their clones. I'd really like to see Riot hire people to be in game and not just use the automation. Apart from catching the bots faster, they could also change immature players behaviour a lot quicker. For example, imagine if they were in a soloqueue game, and some guy was breaking the rules. They could warn them and if the player persisted, they could apply the punishment immediately. Then in the end of game screen they could have a chat to that player. I'm sure that player would reform rather quickly.
: If Riot actually gave a shit.
While it's understandable that Riot needs to make some money from the game (skins etc), I always found it rather bad they they decided to save money by using an automated system for punishments. Humans are always going to outsmart AI systems whether it be for better or worse, so if Riot would just spend a little more on making the game more enjoyable for everyone (e.g. hiring humans to deal with reports), in the long run it would also benefit their profit margins. My friend got a 14 day suspension the other day and didn't get the email about why. I've never known them to be toxic in game, in fact they are usually very quiet. He considered the suspension a mistake but had to send in a support ticket to clarify what was going on. Fortunately they have a smurf account that they can use until the matter is cleared up. As for swearing, rude words online, I've always been of the opinion that if players are too immature to handle this, then unlucky. Of course that is not Riot's policy however. They try to protect the immature players with censoring and using the automation to ban for "toxicity" and racism. But by doing this, they open up a different can of worms. Personally I'd be just dishing out the bans for ruining gameplay (e.g. disconnectors, trolls) because that is what wastes other players time the most in game, not just some text on the screen. A mature player can easily deal with stupid text on the screen, or stupid pings. Someone tells me "kys", wow man big deal. I'll give them some logic back and if they still continue personal attacks, they just get the mute button. Happens a lot. For example the other day our team was facing the classic oce special of an all ad comp in soloqueue. We had a tank top laner and jungler. There were two idiots (Yasuo was one of them, ahem) chasing for kills and I just told them "you don't even need to fight. All you have to do is farm, buy an armour item, and push your lanes, the game will win itself. But if you keep chasing for kills and feeding then the enemies they will snowball and you won't be able to come back to that easy win condition." Of course these idiots started flaming instead of actually reading what was typed and considering it. So they got the mute button eventually. Can't educate dumbarses in 20 minutes. Not worth bothering either, with those attitudes. It's annoying to lose the game that is a free win, but its OCE, it happens.
Geniii (OCE)
: Toxicity in Champ Select
It depends what outcome you want from this. **1) Do you want that player punished**? If so, consider just taking the role you had selected and say nothing. But if that player trolls, does poorly, affects the whole team in a negative way, they will find a bunch of reports and a ban coming their way. If they troll and you manage to win, lucky for your team and the troll. Generally this is what I do, just say nothing and play the game, unless: **2) Do you care about losing LP from this game?** If no, do the above. If so, then for sure, dodge, OR, **_if you can sense_** in champion select that your team is troubled by the troll pick, there is another option. Say nothing about the troll (and don't complain) and then lock in a ridiculous champ (one that you can play of course) and say "hmm, i thought my role was ...., but since he took it, can i play .... in this role? I'll give it a go. Don't hate me though team, I'm only Bronze (Silver/Gold/Plat/Diamond) 5 and still learning about the game". You will generally force out a dodge from someone else instead of having to waste it yourself, and then you can wait for a couple of minutes before queueing again to avoid that troll. **3) Do you just play the game to improve and not care about your rank?** If so, just play the game and focus on the area you wanted to improve on. If that player mentioned trolls in game, its ok for you to troll in game also, so long as you are working on improving your gameplay. Chalk this game down as a loss before it even starts, and then go into game with the practice that you were looking for. Remember to /mute and /pingmute all during these "toxic" or "troll" style games, and say nothing negative in game. They could be baiting you to get YOU punished instead of them. You don't even want to listen to what the monkeys are saying.
BloodS3 (OCE)
: Improving.
I enjoyed BloodS3's post, it was quite a good read. And can totaly sympathise with them on many points of the discussion. I'd like to reply to some of them. > [{quoted}](name=BloodS3,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=6WQPXb46,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-07T06:14:07.645+0000) > > To be honest, i hate it when people think that losing a game is your fault and your fault alone, its just a way to put politely that you're bad at this game. Your attitude and anger have to be controlled to get to a higher rank?! nope, take a look at Nightblue3, tyler1, grossgore, etc.. The most annoying one is when you are the top laner and split pusher (e.g. a Tryndamere or Kayle) , but you team is crying for you to group, even though it would take more than 2 enemies to kill you in the splitpush because you are so fed. Your team meanwhile are not very fed at all. You tell them to just not fight, and to back off if 5 enemies come forward at them. Also you tell them to ward the side of the lane that they are in. Then one of the retards presses go and loses a stupid 4 v 5 battle, and the opposition take all of your towers and essentially win the game. "FUCK YOU, YOU DIDN'T GROUP" is the warcry because their understanding of how to play splitpushing is severely lacking (btw this is true in most cases under Diamond level). All they had to do was listen to you and the game was a free win. Except they had to be heroes and try for kills. Frustrating. > I, in no way agree that i'm a good player, but when people say that the way to improve is to blame yourself and say, 'hey, what could i have done better?' or 'maybe i should improve on something'. I find this to be stupid due to the fact that sometimes people have the skill level of a diamond but still lose in silver/gold (examples would include pro LCS players). Now i know what you maybe thinking however, this is **definitely** not a QQ thread. Its just annoying when people say that 'improving as a player' will help you climb which is true to an extent but is still complete bullshit. One person in this game cannot carry solo, otherwise there would be an influx of smurfs playing this game which would be even more annoying. In OCE most smurfs cheat using scripts to boost people, because of how random the matchmaking is in the lower divisions. Skill levels are all over the place. Some players might be only good at micro and mechanics, others only at macro, others only at farming, others only at vision control, etc etc. Essentially OCE is a very bad region in terms of skill level. You can see this when the pro teams go to international events. They can gain leads or apparent leads and just shit the bad afterwards, they always do. It is true that the game has shifted from the solo carry of the past (e.g. seasons 2 and 3) into a more team orientated game, and this is why often you hear people in low elo saying "pick tanks!" because at lower elos, macro plays and engages and teamfights are generally played poorly, and tanks are a cover for that weakness. Also at lower elos opposition don't punish tanks early enough, crossmap plays are not attempted etc etc. So yeah to take a one game sample size is just not realistic when it comes to improving. You'll need to consistently improve all areas of your game to become a better player. Eventually after many games of grinding, you will start to climb. This includes many frustrations. For example, my friend has played over 2000 ranked games this season and they went from silver 5 ---> platinum 2, but it was only in the last month of so did they clear the elo hell divisions (gold 5, plat 5) and the game seems to be more enjoyable. And matchmaking is seemingly better for them, but it sometimes depends on the time of the day whether many players are online or not (they still get the odd gold shitter ruining their games). > However there are so many people that i have seen in silver elo that should belong in bronze V Very much so, especially in Silver 5. The quality of gameplay in that division imo, is worse than in Bronze 1 and 2. This is because of a mental block that players have, thinking that Silver 5 is some promised land. Either they got boosted there, placed into it, or lucked into it, and now don't want to drop to where they really belong. These sorts of players are not even focusing on the game at hand, and only their division, lp, kills or other irrelevant shit that doesn't matter to their current game. When the reality is that Silver 5 is only about 50 MMR away from Bronze 1. I think Riot should really do away with Divisions entirely, and just list players MMR numbers like they used to. However I doubt whether they will change this, because it covers up for the inadequate matchmaking at the extreme ends of divisions. > Is understandable, IF THIS WAS A SOLO CARRY GAME. I believe that if you feed, and your team is trying hard to win, it is definitely YOUR fault if you lose, however if your team is feeding and you try all you can to stop them but they decide to run into 1v5's because they thought it was a 'good idea'; it is never your fault. That's right, one play can win or lose a game. If 4 monkeys beat their chests at the same time, there's not much you can do about it. But like I say, 1 game is a bad sample size when considering climbing overall. > This is why sometimes i like DotA 2's MMR system, it actually bases your skill with MMR, if you lose a game as a support but you ward, heal, stun, shield, and stayed with your carry... YOU GAIN MMR! that is what you would classify as a game that bases rank off 'SKILL'. I think Riot are hesitant to produce such a system because of the fear of creating "KDA players", or "Mission players". Its certainly something to factor in, however. I believe a much harder system of qualification for ranked would do wonders for all western servers though. For example, having a certain amount of wins in normals before qualifying for ranked. Something like 200. Players in the past had more pride when attempting ranked, now any noob that buys an account just jumps straight into it. Another thing they could do is revise the tutorials. For example, currently most bronze have no clue what experience and farming mean to them and their team. This should be emphasized in a tutorial. Currently they have the battle training and basic tutorials which are so basic that players that pass those can still lose to bots in co-op mode. Ranked qualification throwing in newbies before they are ready weakens and demoralises players a lot. When you are on that team with the newbie level 30 player doing their first few games in ranked and bumbled (got carried) in their first game to a win and in the 2nd game are versing all Gold players, is not a nice scene for them or their team. > you'll see this dude >>> {{champion:8}} > taking shit like this >>> {{summoner:11}} {{summoner:1}} > with items like this >>> {{item:3812}} {{item:1412}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3070}} > > as a mid laner... like how are you supposed to win with people like that? ward placements?! Yep you can chalk that game down as a loss in your mind, but still play to win of course during the game. Just like the classic oce special of picking an all AD team in soloqueue when the opposition have tanks in their team. And the classic oce special of that team only losing 50% of the time instead of 100%. Some players are adept at knowing when to dodge queues and when not to, but I agree that this sort of thing should be minimised by better tutorials and better qualifications for ranked games. Overall using a chess rating system (where there is no one else but youself to blame for losses) for a team game, even though they consider it to be reworked for team play, just does not seem like the best solution. Having said that, if you play more games of ranked in a season, chances are you will eventually climb. Remember that merely by playing ranked and thinking about what happened in your games, is slow improvement. It just may not be feasible for those players that have other interests in life and cannot devote a lot of time to the game.
: raka ult doesnt get assists anymore?
I'm currently getting assists as Soraka support when ulting, but sometimes its random. Kinda like the Janna Q bug that can sometimes go through people and not knock them up. I think there is one thing though... if you ult them and they are already at full health, I don't think you get an assist.
PowRevAce (EUNE)
: Permamently banned after i didnt played four months. Didnt get explanation why either.
You probably got hacked, and then the hacker either cheated or was toxic on your account. Happens a lot lately it seems. Contact support to get your account back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Main Line,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=rPIYbToA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-09-29T22:55:12.738+0000) > > Ha, you won't see me playing Janna with heal or ignite in soloqueue. Team needs exhaust. I wont see you at all in solo queue cause youre obviously bronze
Hey there's no need to be rude. Personally I feel the ardent censer rush strategy is obsolete on the current patch (especially in solo queue!). Even more so if the enemy mid laner is an assasin like Zed or Talon. So no, I'm not taking heal to complement your barrier. Exhaust is much better at the moment.
Pyxie (NA)
: Team seeking a Support main for Bronze and Silver tournaments.
: With all these new changes, I hate myself for being so toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Broken Scripts,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=yzEtPJHr,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-09-29T06:49:44.381+0000) > > , it took a month, but I did it. Took me more than a year to get level 30, you must have put in some serious XP boosts there!
: I love league of legends :)
Ha, you won't see me playing Janna with heal or ignite in soloqueue. Team needs exhaust.
: yasuo free week is cancer
Don't be too harsh on them, they are only level 11, just started playing the game)
: Dire Wolves’ Worlds journey comes to an end
It's a pity they didn't beat the Brazilians because they would only have to defeat Turkey to get to the group stage. Having said that though, they didn't deserve to progress any further. Until OCE teams hire people that can train their teams in macro, decision making, and communication, they will keep missing out on the international stage. Unfortunately there is only one team in the OPL that has such a trainer, and their players are lucklustre compared to Dire Wolves :( Sharp, if you are reading this, I can help you guys out, send me an email that I can contact you on.
Nightjar (OCE)
: janna doesn't really need a buff. Imo they should raise her e mana cost by 10mana (considering how much mana enemies have to invest to break it) or maybe increase the early cooldown by 1s. If you wanted to do something interesting to janna's kit, I'd say change her passive such that she gives her allies a big movespeed buff to allies, but only when she hits an enemy champion with an ability, and give it a cooldown like 30s.
There is a very good [post on Reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6sgp3m/which_way_the_winds_blow_how_the_meta_shifted_to/) about why Janna is good at the moment. At the moment they have reverted Janna nerfs and are nerfing the Coin generation Item (needs more nerfs IMO), and Ardent Censer (not a big enough nerf IMO - they should make it back to season 4-5 stats, not this health drain thing), and Riot say they will review the changes in time for the 7.18 World's patch. Let's hope Riot make the right decisions about it all, and not double nerf items and a champion like they have done in the past.
: I honestly agree with OP. Something has changed on OCE over the last 10-12 months. I'm not sure what it is, but the average player is a LOT worse than they used to be. Solo Queue is a fucking NIGHTMARE. June-July last season I was Plat II on my way to Diamond for the first time, took a short break from ranked, came back and players suddenly didn't know how to draft a good team comp, couldn't lane safely, and their macro was horrible. And it's only gotten worse since then. The only time I can get a decent game nowadays is Flex when I duo/trio queue.
I think it's a combination of factors. Let's list them, compared with, say, Season 5. * The ability to level up to 30 quicker without really understanding the game. * The fallout from dynamic queue boosting in Season 6. * The increase over time of boosters in the game. * The ability to select positional roles in champion select without learning something about all roles (and hence the game) ! * The fact that smurf accounts are cheap as chips, and prices are dropping further with the removal of rune costs. * The increase of late night toxic foreign players that have been banned from their own servers (not naming who or where from). * The increase of new players into the player base, all learning bad habits (this includes toxic behaviour) from other bad players. I'm not going to go into Flex Queue, which is all over the shop, but what you say is pretty much on the mark. OCE does not understand macro, it's absolutely hopeless. It's better in challenger, but still only at the top levels (just watch IWD's, Big Swip's or Chippy's stream to see). But the same thing has happened in a lot of regions. NA soloqueue is worse, according to LS. He said that basic lane assignments and late game understanding is worse than when he last played there. It would be good if the tutorial actually spoke about the basics of the game. i.e. how to efficiently get gold, what are the different classes of champions, and what experience is, because newbies have no idea. Alternatively another solution would be that players need some arbitrary number of wins in normals before they are allowed to rank. This would definitely help the skill gap, but might be counter intuitive to revenue policies :) I've watched some of my Bronze replays from Jan 2015 and players were way better in Bronze at the simple things (not talking about mechanics here) than even in Gold these days.
okh8rs (OCE)
: LF duo silver+
Here's a couple of tips: 1) If you duo, you'll get 3 monkeys on your team which makes your duo's job harder to carry. 2) If people at that elo are not making an effort to listen, it's best to ignore those players and just focus on the other players, or on your own gameplay. e.g. in the game where you were Vlad mid and Teemo was just feeding, and overextending, they did not listen after a couple of tries, so it's best to let them be. By using a bad player as bait sometimes you can still win the game (as what happened). 3) Don't give up just because you or someone else is doing badly. Focus on improving at the game, not climbing. Constant surrender votes when the score is roughly even does not help team morale. If you are going badly or even if you think the team is going badly, knuckle down and let others carry you (e.g. Vi and Sivir in that game). It's one of the [common misconceptions of soloqueue](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JEWjxDSUIQ) that you HAVE to carry. Good luck in soloqueue!
Show more

Main Line

Level 54 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion