TM06ASF (OCE)
: ITS NOT ROIT ANYMORE ITS TENCENT AND LOOK AT PUB G its is or was the most streamed game and has a massive e sport following already and esport game is not a game to have fun in its a game to get a job basically
> [{quoted}](name=TM06ASF,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=9ugua19o,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T04:57:45.018+0000) > > ITS NOT ROIT ANYMORE ITS TENCENT AND LOOK AT PUB G its is or was the most streamed game and has a massive e sport following already and esport game is not a game to have fun in its a game to get a job basically What are you trying to say exactly. Are you for LoL being 100% esports focused or against it? I mean either is a valid thing to want my point with my post is just that those who come from the older seasons are much more likely to dislike that direction. With a game that evolves as much as LoL I think it is natural that people enjoy their first moments most and get more bored as those moments morph into other things.
HeartVine (OCE)
: Xayah walks into a bar... When she leaves, Rakan is by her side and the whole place smells of vomit, sweat and blood. So romantic! {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
> [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=fZ92pz7c,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-20T07:41:53.894+0000) > > Xayah walks into a bar... > > When she leaves, Rakan is by her side and the whole place smells of vomit, sweat and blood. > > So romantic! > {{sticker:sg-jinx}} Xayah is really fun but god damn I hate both Xayah and Rakans VO and personalities so much. Its literally just teen angst personified its rly cringy. Only worse champion VO/personality wise is Zoe for being "HELLO IM KATIE TEH PENGUIN OF DOOM AS YOU CAN SEE IM SO RANDUM!!!" tier design.
: Time to uninstall this game :)
The game has had several core aspects evolve drastically over its life cycle. Off the top of my head. * Game has moved further and further from solo carrying. Now teamwork matters much much more. You can't go top without tp, every game is just whatever team goes balls deep on bot first. Now its whatever team has the heaviest weights rather than the best players that decides things. * Strict meta enforcement despite the fact Riot always used to say they didn't want to force meta they have consistently restricted player build/playstyle choices. * Ability creep. Note I mean this as in they have moved away from basic more down to earth kits. Every new champ these days has some crazy new mechanic. * Removal and replacement of the older classic champions. Riot essentially just deletes the original champion and completely replaces them these days if they do a rework. * Certainly T being allowed to make champions. * Punishment for game effecting behaviours is still minimal (griefing/inting etc) whereas punishment for verbal has become really tight and left to a bot that doesn't care for context. Swearing jokingly to a friend is banable if the bot reads your logs etc. * Moving towards more exploitative business models with regards to cosmetics. * Game is revolving more and more around competitive players and E-Sports with every single season. * Complete lore removal and rework from the ground up. Almost all the old lore has been retconned now. * Mass reworks like the juggernaut and marksman reworks that changed tons of champs who didn't need changing for the sake of a "class rework" (think they are stopping this now tho) * Now fully owned by Tencent. I could probably name more stuff but this is just the general list. Arguably some of these could be preferable however they would be preferable to someone who didn't play in the older seasons and get attached to them. A lot of the old players are haemorrhaging and have been for some time. It doesn't matter to Riot (Tencent) however as they understand that these constant changes and new addictive systems/gameplay patterns being brought in will result in a net gain of players. More new people join than old people leave. In short it depends but personally for me its gone downhill consistently. I uninstalled again today after another game against Zoe. Man who would think putting all a champions damage into one ability would be a bad idea? Haha dude. That was more just the last straw however.
: Credit where credit is due!
Skin quality has always been improving however I think these days we hardly get enough 975rp tier skins. I remember somewhere reading a Riot post saying they'd make sure that didn't happen yet here we are with the new standard price being 1350rp. Back then you could get a skin with a new model and new abilities for 975rp. That was a nice thing. Nowadays we get that but they also throw in a recall animation and/or dance and boom now its 1350rp. Not saying that adding in a new dance and/or recall animation doesn't make it worth more but I have two issues with them. First, whether a new dance and/or recall justifies the nearly 40% price jump from 975rp and secondly that having 1350rp be the new standard is really annoying because the 975rp skins both felt really good value for money as well as being easier to buy because 10 dollars of rp would cover it. Now you need to get more than 10 dollars at a time. Not a big issue but still annoying. As for the whole skin "thematic and lore" parts to them I kind of just don't like it tbh. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with giving skins lore or their own universe but more the issue that it seems so many skins these days get released in "skin lines". I don't like having 15 Project (see young teen edgelord bait skins) or 10 Star Guardian (see anime garbage weeaboo bait skins) skins in the game. I feel like it means Riot brings out less original concepts (beyond the initial first set). I would like for every skin line to max out at 5 so they have to change it up. And frankly to have more solo skins because then they can really push the theme of it as far as it can go and specifically mould it to the champion it was made for.
: As should have been made fairly clear from the comments on this post, false reports don't mean anything. You won't be punished if you didn't do anything punishable.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=QFBApAbq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-09T11:03:50.406+0000) > > As should have been made fairly clear from the comments on this post, false reports don't mean anything. You won't be punished if you didn't do anything punishable. what about the other side of the coin? people who false report others excessively. would they be punished?
: This pretty much denies 90% of everything I do on the boards.
Aren't you (and like everyone here) low elos. We shouldn't be talking about balance. That being said we can still have opinions on champions at a core level. CertainlyT champions all draw hate simply because they aren't fun to play against (inb4 another generic "haha dude who is fun to play against?" comment). Most CertainlyT designs have numerous kit features that even if balanced are heavily biased to being fun for the person playing and cancer for everyone else. Zoe is an issue because by putting all of a burst mages damage on 2 abilities it is always going to feel shit to die to them even if they are balanced or the outcome of getting bursted for being out of position is the same.
PONY0 (OCE)
: Need to lose some pounds? League of Workout!
if anything I need to gain pounds
: Wow, this account lasted longer than I excepted, considering all I did was troll.
Maoi (OCE)
: Not sure if trolling?
> [{quoted}](name=KH4K1NG,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=F5s2e7En,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-16T11:31:52.651+0000) > > Not sure if trolling? He is new to the game so I'd assume not. My first forum post as a new player was complaining about Yi. Every new player that comes across forums goes through the "muh teams" and "the champ I just lost to is bullshit" phases.
: Riot's Moderating practice, and Tips.
Riot cracks down on toxicity too hard so now I've formulated a new way to be toxic. I just act in ways that get people I don't like riled up (without breaking rules) and then report them lol. Riot enforcing toxicity gg.
: Why was this deleted?
Drama on oce boards lol. Guys why even bother.
QAPLA (OCE)
: Rito Plz (chat bot and no-no words)
I am pretty sure in client files somewhere is a list of all the filtered words (or at least someone made a list of them). I would guess that anything on that list that can't be used casually would be a hard no-no.
Drivoyki (OCE)
: What do you think of Zoe?
Another classic CertainlyT design. Filled to the brim with cool features and extremely fun to play. But as with all Certainly T designs that is where the fun stop. Anyone who isn't the Zoe won't be having fun getting chunked to a third of their health from fog of war for the whole game. Remember old Nidalee (or maybe you are new player) but Nidalee used to be able to do what Zoe does now and got completely reworked because Riot thought it was a toxic gameplay pattern. But apparently if CertainlyT makes it that means its fine.
Örnn Bot (OCE)
: Miss fortune
Aren't you like level 20 lol
xReverie (OCE)
: Get Good
Game is always changing. Most people who have played for some time find the earliest seasons they played the best ones. I don't think that's just nostalgia however. The game changes so much that its simply not what people fell in love with when they started playing and League seems to be continuously moving toward being more e-sports oriented. This doesn't appeal to the average player. Metas being more tight, more flashy champions that are fun to play but a plague to vs, clampdowns on toxicity to the point banter draws bans and yes they seem to make a lot of decisions based on public image, suddenly nuking Varus lore and making him gay is an example. Riot doesn't really care too much about player feedback these days but is really good at making it look like they do by slowly rationing out things that should have existed for years (better pings, more bans etc) so they can go "see we listen" whilst 10 other terrible aspects of the game sit in the background.
ToshiroT1 (OCE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=ToshiroT1,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=bIQRs43q,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-12T13:49:20.407+0000) > Dude that's toxic!
: Pool Party Zoe Skin idea
im calling the police
: Aaaaand we're back on. Sorry about that! For the interested - One of the internet providers that we use for our game servers had a hardware failure, which caused one of our internet links in Sydney to bounce up and down a few times. We've disabled that provider and all should be smooth again now. Cheers! Mindstar
> [{quoted}](name=Agent Mindstar,realm=OCE,application-id=3fteLeTW,discussion-id=Y9iwxfKQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-11T13:20:45.945+0000) > > Aaaaand we're back on. Sorry about that! > > For the interested - One of the internet providers that we use for our game servers had a hardware failure, which caused one of our internet links in Sydney to bounce up and down a few times. We've disabled that provider and all should be smooth again now. > > Cheers! > Mindstar What happens with regards to that provider then? How do you reallocate traffic in the event of one of them failing?
: Why i have no trust in the ban system
I see racist names all the time. Its laughably easy to get away with because you can just swap characters for numbers or foreign letters/weird symbols. As far as I can tell Riot hasn't ever banned people from the game for racist names when they will insta-14 day if you say the nword once and got reported. They just send a name reset then think the job is done and go back to ignoring them without even checking what name they chose.
KaynMid (OCE)
: Legit question, How many of you never tilt.
Here is some of my own percentages except they are irrefutable. If you are good then your team has 4 other people who could potentially be bad. The enemy team has 5. Enemy team is statistically more likely to be worse if you are consistently good. Hmmm its kinda like if you are good and play enough games you climb regardless.
Jakozi (OCE)
: Removal of the champion "Nunu"
Well Galio was already removed for being a relic of the past and Nunu is in the same vein of champion he was in so Riot might remove him soon and replace him with a different champion called Nunu.
Örnn Bot (OCE)
: Vayne
lol
: I've stopped responding to you, because it just gets all aggressive and is frankly a headache I don't care to have, so I won't save just this once. Regarding the comment you reference in particular. This isn't a job. I don't get paid for this. I have no obligation to continue this, but just perhaps, I felt it was worth waiting until I had the time to respond properly (I actually have a life outside boards, shocking I know) on a thread that warranted closer attention, instead of just posting as fast as possible to get it out there? Should I have commented on the thread at all before doing so, perhaps not, sue me. As for the deletions, given the pissing contest a lot of these threads have been lately are you really so surprised someone decided to moderate the "Don't be a Jerk" rule a little harder? Usually the mods let you guys do pretty much whatever the hell you want. Not everything is about you, and you certainly aren't the only one that had comments deleted. If your comments were deleted for "talking bad to a volunteer" I can see at least 10~ comments in your recent history that would have been removed. Pretty sure it's just cause someone decided we had to actually enforce the rule for a bit.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Ay4jWPBh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-08T14:16:01.927+0000) > > I've stopped responding to you, because it just gets all aggressive and is frankly a headache I don't care to have, so I won't save just this once. > > Regarding the comment you reference in particular. This isn't a job. I don't get paid for this. I have no obligation to continue this, but just perhaps, I felt it was worth waiting until I had the time to respond properly (I actually have a life outside boards, shocking I know) on a thread that warranted closer attention, instead of just posting as fast as possible to get it out there? Should I have commented on the thread at all before doing so, perhaps not, sue me. > > As for the deletions, given the pissing contest a lot of these threads have been lately are you really so surprised someone decided to moderate the "Don't be a Jerk" rule a little harder? Usually the mods let you guys do pretty much whatever the hell you want. > > Not everything is about you, and you certainly aren't the only one that had comments deleted. If your comments were deleted for "talking bad to a volunteer" I can see at least 10~ comments in your recent history that would have been removed. Pretty sure it's just cause someone decided we had to actually enforce the rule for a bit. Why does he get posts deleted when I as a shitposter don't :/
Knevets (OCE)
: its not that you mean it to be offensive, but its a matter of respect, and self respect, when i was a teenager i too had the same perspective, you see it's the history of the word, you can google it, and hopefully see why, there are many of gay people that have been bullied, so the only way you would use that word is if you were asking someone are they gay in a respectful matter, you can ask any mental health profession, i know it has a general you suck tag to it, but put it this way , its a poor vocabulary to have, do you wanna be upper class or be from out west? gay community has been ridiculed enough, and if youe ver met any gay person with hardship you would see the big picture, but sadly teenagers don't have any hardships yet :) youll understand later, youll look back and understand anyway's 95% of society is geared to negativity
> [{quoted}](name=Knevets,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=EMH9B0WA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-09T12:58:01.811+0000) > > its not that you mean it to be offensive, but its a matter of respect, and self respect, when i was a teenager i too had the same perspective, you see it's the history of the word, you can google it, and hopefully see why, there are many of gay people that have been bullied, so the only way you would use that word is if you were asking someone are they gay in a respectful matter, > > you can ask any mental health profession, i know it has a general you suck tag to it, but put it this way , its a poor vocabulary to have, do you wanna be upper class or be from out west? > > gay community has been ridiculed enough, and if youe ver met any gay person with hardship you would see the big picture, but sadly teenagers don't have any hardships yet :) youll understand later, youll look back and understand > > anyway's 95% of society is geared to negativity I'm unironically gay lol?? I don't care about the word gay its hardly offensive itself. By continuing to be offended by it you're just giving more power to it as an insult when I guarantee you 99% of the time you see it used these days the person isn't even thinking about gay people they're just throwing it out to describe a sucky situation or something. Also I'm an adult but nice try being smug about your age.
: It's not black and white. We don't get one or the other. It's really not that hard to be an asshole. Riot also has no obligation to protect our free speech in the same way that twitter doesn't, that's a choice they make but I would like to point something out and that is that **freedom of speech does not protect hate speech and hasn't for a very long time**. I get the argument of "what if it's just a joke". But even in the frankly quite rare scenarios where it is completely 100% a joke, it perpetuates that attitude. It says to other people that hating on people because of x thing that's different is perfectly ok. Taking a no tolerance policy involving even a sophisticated bot has it's problems, but I would much rather have an innocent person person have to appeal a ban every now and again (really how often do you accidentally type kys) than allow these people to continue to spew their garbage. I pretty much agree with QAPLA, except for number 3. If you don't agree that words like slurs or the like shouldn't be allowed that's fine, but this is the stance that Riot and the majority of the community has taken, knowing that it really shouldn't be that hard to just not say a handful of words when you're losing your shit at someone. As for the automated part, I have yet to see *anyone* who got an escalated punishment post logs that weren't blatantly toxic, so clearly it's either not happening anywhere near as much as some people would like to claim, or they are all getting handled in a timely manner through support or otherwise to the point where there is no reason to come to a forum to complain.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=j9carvN4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-07T23:53:37.508+0000) > > **freedom of speech does not protect hate speech and hasn't for a very long time**. > lol hate speech is free speech tho
: What do you want from me? O_o
The system sucks tbh. I have also had so many games where I farm champions and get an A. Pretty sure a kill gives gold equivalent to roughly 14 minions. Lets say we made your kills 0 and your cs 300. You would likely get an S for that game even though its the same gold earned overall and you arguably helped your team much less. Riot has said they wanted to weigh it on stuff like cs or objectives/wards way heavier than kills because they don't want people playing team deathmatch and last hitting kills for an S. I can understand their reasoning but frankly it shouldn't be this bad. They need to make kills worth at least a bit more.
Fitzky (OCE)
: "Players should not lose the right to their account for punishments involving the in-game chat unless it involves sexism, racism, suicide encouragement, or hate speech." Upvote if you agree with this statement.
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=9o2WdzET,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-06T12:01:58.356+0000) > > "Players should not lose the right to their account for punishments involving the in-game chat unless it involves sexism, racism, suicide encouragement, or hate speech." > > Upvote if you agree with this statement. I'd like to agree on principle with it but I still feel as if account barring people (at least doing it so soon) leaves them no time to reform and just perpetuates a cycle of new toxic accounts that overall results in that person spending more time being toxic than if they were just chat banned. I'll upvote but I personally feel that from a verbal abuse standpoint a player should get quite a few chat bans before an account ban. Riot could also use the new client and its imrpoved features to drive home the message of reformation and proper chat use with prompts pushed to client that give. Ban escalation clarity What is or isn't okay Positives of refraining from verbal abuse (rewards etc) And so on. I would really like to see some large changes to the way Riot handles negative behaviours.
Fitzky (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Paid By Traveler,realm=NA,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=hv4Gd4Io,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-10-12T13:23:56.192+0000) > > Wrong, you cut off one of the heads. Now two more have appeared. THIS THREAD IS 8 MONTHS OLD, WHY???????
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=hv4Gd4Io,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-10-12T13:29:47.394+0000) > > THIS THREAD IS 8 MONTHS OLD, WHY??????? Yeah ikr. Some people...
Knevets (OCE)
: agreed , or the people who throw %%% and gay out, also send a support ticket as well as a screen shot,
> [{quoted}](name=Knevets,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=EMH9B0WA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-06T08:29:53.797+0000) > > agreed , or the people who throw %%% and gay out, also send a support ticket as well as a screen shot, f-word I can agree with but I really feel like casually using the word gay isn't that bad. Gay had its own meanings before it was applied to homosexuals and I'd say its taken on a new meaning in the past decade or so. Its just become a general "That sucks" sort of word. Unless someone uses it in a way like "I hate gays" or something I don't see it being that big a deal.
: Remember when skill shots were actual skill? surrendering is weak
Oh also having a non-smartcast mode wouldn't do anything against these bots if you understood how they work.
: Remember when skill shots were actual skill? surrendering is weak
Smartcasting actually makes hitting skillshots harder technically due to not having the indicator. It just exists to make skillshots non-clunky feeling. A lot of times players want to hit something hard to hit they regular cast it due to it being easier to judge the travel distance and exact path the projectile will take. Also personally yeah I never surrender but if 1 person could outvote 4 people then just one player alone could literally hold his entire team hostage for a long ass time. I really fucking hate being the one who votes no but still has to surrender personally but its completely logical how the system works.
Rioter Comments
Swicky (OCE)
: Hypocritical Ban
God its so low iq that Riot never gives the chat logs of anyone else in these cases. If I got reported I'd want to know what I responded to or when ppl post here and can only give their side. Heck if Riot is afraid of name and shame just make other summoners appear as their champions names or names like Summoner 1, Summoner 2, etc. Also the chat is ran by a bot these days so if you say one of the nono words kys, [slur for race], [slur for gays] and many more then the bot just gives you instant 14 day or if you had a 14 day before instant perma. Riot support of course sticks by this when imo context really should matter. No, Riot doesn't care, if you say any of those words and get reported no matter what no ban overturn.
Doublehit (OCE)
: What's the point of blind pick?
I do have an SSD and low ping. Why wouldn't I play blind.
: No, swearing in comtempt meaning they do so with intent to make the other person angry. Not just cassually swearing like, oh fuck it. or Fucking hell mate. More of a "You are a F$%^^!". Basically, it attatch to a already negative sentence to amp up the hate. Imagine you just die in a 1v1, then some 1 type in. This Mother F#$^$% is bad. The bots only process reported players. So only if your friends reported you, it'll get detected. Otherwise you can be the most vile person in chat and no 1 report you, you would never get ban.
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EUzazjcA,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T06:27:58.230+0000) > > No, swearing in comtempt meaning they do so with intent to make the other person angry. Not just cassually swearing like, oh fuck it. or Fucking hell mate. > > More of a "You are a F$%^^!". Basically, it attatch to a already negative sentence to amp up the hate. Imagine you just die in a 1v1, then some 1 type in. This Mother F#$^$% is bad. > > The bots only process reported players. So only if your friends reported you, it'll get detected. Otherwise you can be the most vile person in chat and no 1 report you, you would never get ban. I don't care what u were talking with the other guy about I'm just starting my convo from here. What I am saying is just that. The only thing that matters is the detection bot. If someone swears casually or towards a friend but uses one of the words written in the bots naughty list they can then be instant 14 day'd if they get unlucky and someone else reports them. I think the issue is that the detection system suddenly kicked it up a notch around last season sometime. Now ppl who weren't getting any kind of warning and thought their behaviour was fine before get an unlucky report and get 14 day'd out of nowhere. There isn't enough clarity with regards to the system as it is now. Riot needs to send some kind of message to the client (I am sure new client can do it) that says something along the lines of "Hey our chat detection bot is a hard-ass now and here is a list of words and behaviours that will get your account nuked". Also different issue but I think the ban system in general is terribly tiered and fails miserably at what it should be doing.
: What part of australia that is OK for people to swear in comtempt at each others; And pass it off as a normal thing? Give me an example of your daily conversation please, using your logic pls.
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=EUzazjcA,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T05:34:11.684+0000) > > What part of australia that is OK for people to swear in comtempt at each others; And pass it off as a normal thing? Give me an example of your daily conversation please, using your logic pls. Where I grew up swears are used as adjectives pretty much. Ppl who are friends and family casually swear in sentences all the time. The issue is the bot has no context. You can casually swear and get detected and banned if someone reports. You can joking jest with ur mates and get banned if someone else reports you.
Essembie (OCE)
: Using Psychology and Loot Boxes too Destroy Video Games: A Fun and Pract...
Hmm yeah. I have always said I doubt the government will have an easy job classifying lootboxes as gambling because there are some arguments against it going by regular definitions of gambling (you always get something etc). Best way to solve it imo is to have any game with lootboxes or money related rng mechanics rated/labelled as such. Any game with that rating/label would then have to be for mature audiences only due to being exploitative of young people. Look at the games with these mechanics, League, Overwatch, CS:GO, Call of Duty and so on. All these games have massive portions of the player base being under 18. It wouldn't be worth any games revenue to lose out on these players for the whales above the age of 18. I really hope the rating commissions all crack down on it soon.
: State of oce boards.
Haha yeah we should make this the official Niji appreciation board instead. Comment below what you guys like about me most!
HeartVine (OCE)
: Guess who just got a brand spanking new, fancy-as-f*ck monitor
Also are poro tongues actually smooth? I figured they would feel like a cats tongue rough and tickle-ish.
HeartVine (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Niji,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=5hkrEG3A,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-04T11:16:04.086+0000) > > I mean if you got a 4k that's cool but for League the pixels are wasted. Game doesn't look much different in 4k and the UI apparently is way too small on 4k displays. Well, good news! I'm not using it to play LoL! Like you said, that would be a waste.
> [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=5hkrEG3A,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-04T13:13:00.809+0000) > > Well, good news! I'm not using it to play LoL! > > Like you said, that would be a waste. What else do you play? I'm guessing in another 2-3 years when I get a new system 4k will be better/cheaper. So I might go 4k then.
HeartVine (OCE)
: Best guess, because it essentially devolved into a pissing contest of "I'm right, you're wrong", with no winners.
> [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=0gFPUhA8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-04T13:12:09.622+0000) > > Best guess, because it essentially devolved into a pissing contest of "I'm right, you're wrong", with no winners. IMO at that point Riot should just leave the thread unless it devolves into cussing at them. Other ppl might want to respond to those thread.
Ethvn (OCE)
: Second thread, "blahblahblahblahblah"
Hello poster I was gunna say b4 that u r toxic but its literally "Weenie Huts Jr?" tier toxic so idk y u get banned and so many ppl who say worse stuff don't.
: I'm not the one that locked the thread but I understand why. Discussion was going nowhere, which completely defeats the point of the post, and it was just turning into a great big argument, which wasn't in any way constructive. Locking the thread forces people to take a step back and cool off.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=X5XfAJcI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-04T11:18:13.579+0000) > > I'm not the one that locked the thread but I understand why. Discussion was going nowhere, which completely defeats the point of the post, and it was just turning into a great big argument, which wasn't in any way constructive. Locking the thread forces people to take a step back and cool off. Wow while you are here can the following get me banned Saying I want my teammate to step on a lego Calling my teammate a ninnyhammer Calling my teammate a sillyhead Spamming bm mastery emote all lane phase Spam laugh on lux Typing paragraphs about game balance while running it down top in honour of Hashinshin Being ironically honourable when I am actually toxic and they can't pick up on my sarcasm Saying CertainlyT should be reworked or removed Mashing random champ button when I get support Saying "haha" every 3rd or so word while I speak Saying gg earlygame because I know the game will certainly be good "haha" Shitposting on boards
HeartVine (OCE)
: Guess who just got a brand spanking new, fancy-as-f*ck monitor
I mean if you got a 4k that's cool but for League the pixels are wasted. Game doesn't look much different in 4k and the UI apparently is way too small on 4k displays.
: This player inting but allow to play
Hey I know (link removed) haha
Rioter Comments
: If they want prove that I did went to an Internet Café I can try and prove it. But it is hard for me to understand, do they always ban innocent people? Even if you don’t believe me, I rarely can put much effort into doing anything because I’m just that lazy, but this time my account got banned and I really do like my account. I’m just confused, even if they just want to ban me then at least they can tell me what I did wrong, because I don’t even know what I could have did wrong. I was just casually playing the game. Many of my friends in the past got banned as well but I helped them submit tickets because their English isn’t good and they got it back and they are very grateful to me and I am happy to help them anytime. Right now I’m just trying to think of any causes that might trigger the system, I’m wondering if deleting ‘lockfile’ in the folder will trigger it because I need to delete it in order to start the client. And lastly, I didn’t lie at all considering I really do want to get my account back.
I'm sick of responding so I will keep this short > [{quoted}](name=Amber Baby,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=V7gOAJZE,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-02T14:15:09.514+0000) >**But it is hard for me to understand, do they always ban innocent people?** For scripting? I am sure some people have accounts hacked due to them not being careful and have them scripted on. However as I have said before even if this makes you "innocent" it doesn't mean they can unban you. And for 99% of cases the person who cheated did so willingly. So to answer your question no its not common for them to ban "innocent" people but it can happen. >** I’m just confused, even if they just want to ban me then at least they can tell me what I did wrong**, because I don’t even know No they can't tell you. Cheating and cheat detection is a constant battle. Riot finds a new way to detect something and the people cheating now know what to change to avoid detection. If Riot lets cheaters know specifically what got them banned then they have information to use in improving the cheats ability to avoid detection. > **I’m wondering if deleting ‘lockfile’ in the folder will trigger it because I need to delete it in order to start the client. ** I doubt it, that is an old known issue that many people had.
: If I wasn’t desperate I wouldn’t bother coming here to post a thread that will make me feel sad just by reading comments like yours. I told Riot I play in an Internet cafe pretty often and people could have downloaded something without my knowledge, but is that my fault? And I really want them to post the evidence because I want to know what I did wrong, I was just playing like any other day, that’s because I like the game a lot and I just want to play it everyday. And I don’t have smurf accounts, Amber Baby is the only one, and now I have none. And please don’t talk bad to the people supporting me, they make me feel better by a lot.
> [{quoted}](name=Amber Baby,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=V7gOAJZE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-01-02T13:42:49.390+0000) > >** I told Riot I play in an Internet cafe pretty often and people could have downloaded something without my knowledge, but is that my fault?** Depends on a multitude of factors but even if we say it isn't your fault that still changes absolutely nothing. If your ban gets overturned because "Hey Riot it was someone else that did it not me!" then that sets a precedence for anyone else who gets banned for 3rd party to say the same thing and also try and get unbanned. Riot have absolute knowledge of what information the LoL client/accounts send so if they say 3rd party was used on your account then they are indisputably correct. They don't however have complete omniscience or omnipresence, they have no idea what person is behind the keyboard. I am sure this isn't hard for you to understand. Even if it wasn't you per-se they can't lift your ban because they don't know whether you are telling the truth. Lets say, to drive the nail even further in with another hypothetical. Even if Riot had some kind of way to tell specifically who made the offense and it wasn't you they still can't let your account go unbanned. If they did everyone now has a way around it. Everyone could just tell someone else to cheat on their account for them then give an alibi to get their account unbanned. For what its worth I think you're lying (statistically speaking this is most likely) but even if you aren't then that makes your case a necessary causality to uphold the lines of law Riot has put into its game terms. The world isn't fair kid sometimes you get screwed whether or not you did anything to deserve it.
Talón (OCE)
: What champs are similar to Talon?
Quinn, go mid and rush lethality as you would on Talon. Laning can be difficult pre-6 but if you get a kill or two before then you can roam a bit to pick up kills. Your ult has a high mana cost at its first level however so mana management is important. Once you reach rank 2 ult this is much less of an issue.
: PERMA BANNED FOR NO REASON?!?!
This Broken Scripts person basically typed what I would of (well more because I don't care enough about boards to post something that long). Every single time I have seen someone claim they incorrectly got banned for 3rd party it either ends up with them not having evidence to back up their claim and them eventually giving up OR a rioter comes in and posts the undeniable evidence and the OP gets btfo (seen this at least 20 times). You know what I have never seen? I have never seen Riot make a mistake in detecting scripts or client modifications. That system is automated and only has a set list of exploits that it sweeps for (no it wont ban you for a regular ass program). They update this list of exploits by monitoring exploit sites. To put it simply if you got banned for it then you had 3rd party in your client (or used on your account) at some point. Now you can say that you didn't but this is pretty much an undeniable fact. There are ways 3rd party programs could of been used on your account without your knowledge. Someone could have logged in elsewhere and cheated. You could of downloaded a bodgy LoL related scam program that infected your client (one claiming to give you RP etc) or someone you know could have scripted on it at some point. But none of those factors really change anything. Riot has a no tolerance policy and for good reason. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the people supporting you here are just your smurf accounts (or I guess they could just be betas you have orbiting you).
Show more

Niji

Level 62 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion