Rioter Comments
Quinncest (OCE)
: Your Ban Picks And Why
I ban whoever I got destroyed by in my last game... If first game of the day, I ban typically whoever that counters my champ from the list of the most likely pick in the same position of my opposite team (so for instance, if I go jg Yi as the first match in the day, I will potentially ban out the more popular jungers who counter me like Udyr and whatnot).
Volcanuz (OCE)
: To be honest i find most of the toxic ones are players from KR or chinese servers who come to OCE to troll or think they are good. Most don't communicate well and lose their cool over small things like warding on top of their ward by accident and the like. I once had an ADC leave because he placed his ward on my ward when i went to ward river, he spammed in chat a little in English then spammed in his own language then left. The rest who are aussies tend to be just trolls who act out and be twats on chat because they are trying to impress their duo partner they know from school "oh look how cool i am i am talking crap to people in game hurrrrrrrrrr".
> [{quoted}](name=Volcanuz,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=VQfR7nAn,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-05T23:31:27.811+0000) > > To be honest i find most of the toxic ones are players from KR or chinese servers who come to OCE to troll or think they are good. Most don't communicate well and lose their cool over small things like warding on top of their ward by accident and the like. I once had an ADC leave because he placed his ward on my ward when i went to ward river, he spammed in chat a little in English then spammed in his own language then left. > > The rest who are aussies tend to be just trolls who act out and be twats on chat because they are trying to impress their duo partner they know from school "oh look how cool i am i am talking crap to people in game hurrrrrrrrrr". I've personally never seen "Korean" trolls, in fact I have almost never seen a player tying Korean, let alone their trolls. I've personally seen more French speakers than Korean. And a lot of the "Chinese" trolls are in reality just Aussie trolls who are also bad in English for whatever reason. The reason for that is because they don't actually know what the meaning of the whatever they say is, if you are bothered enough to quiz them on it (for instance, I've got 3 people spamming "sb" in my match today, and none of them actually really know what "sb" or "shabi" are despite their frequent spamming of the terms, when I quizzed them in the post-game lobby. They thought it is a load-word meant to be "so bad", when in reality the term means "idiot"); they seem to just be copy-pasting, which also unintentionally or intentionally forward this stereotype. Maybe Ranked has more of the actually toxic Chinese players, and if they come in premades (but then again, most premades are toxic to begin with, for 1 reason or the other), but in solo Normals I'd find most of them are not speakers of the language but English trolls who use copy-pasta as feints. OCE is toxic, thats for sure tho.
: CAN PEOPLE PLS NOT
This is a funny criticism of such issue: "[I Was Diagnosed With Autism Today](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ZIBIpVwg-i-was-diagnosed-with-autism-today)" (yeah, dw, it's comedic satire). Just to lighten up the mood here. But yeah, using autism as an insult can be quite off, alongside other more personal conditions and circumstances.
Niji (OCE)
: OH?
> [{quoted}](name=Niji,realm=OCE,application-id=dQOcTl8O,discussion-id=RRBATq8p,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-06T06:55:15.897+0000) > > OH? But then he goes mia again straight away kek.
QAPLA (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=KNt2F8uP,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-19T07:58:34.173+0000) > > So in other words, the amount of games played on a champion is equal to the amount of games played on a champion _a = a_ Super elite math.
> [{quoted}](name=QAPLA,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=KNt2F8uP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-19T20:28:22.096+0000) > > _a = a_ > Super elite math. NO ITS QUICK MATHS
Molendo (OCE)
: Im back, what have i missed?
lol welcome back. Game is changed a shit ton tho, I mean we're talking about 2 years gap or something along that line here. Here's a supercut version: ............. Gameplay: * You should check out all the new champs you missed out. * Eve and Urgot got reworked, finally. * Riot introduced champ mastery into the game. It just means how long you've been playing champs. But idk, maybe it was introduced before you took the break. Each champion will have a mastery point that stands for how long you've been playing the champ, and after each match you will be assigned a rank that judges how well you played in that match (A+, S, C-, for example). * Speaking of champion mastery, you can level up to Mastery 5, and if you want to proceed into 6 or 7 you will have to earn S and S+ ranks respectively and some resources to progress. Which that said resource cost for going up Mastery 6 and 7 has just been multiplied by like 7 from the previous requirement, no idea what Riot is thinking. It's also a much complained about atm. * The mastery and runes just got combined, so runes are free now as it's basically just the mastery (or what they now call "keystone") now. You will have to read up the new rune/mastery yourself. * Item changes you will have to look them up yourself. * The jungle is changed, there are now plants across the jungle where they could do different things when you hit them. The red plant will knock everyone up and back from the direction you hit it. Blue plant will send out a cone that reveals everything it covers, including anything in the brushes, stealth wards and stealth units. * Dragons now spawn with random RNG effects. The first 4 dragons for each match will be random between fire, water, wind and earth dragons, each provide different buffs to the players permanently for the match upon slain. The 5th dragon will always be the Elder Dragon, that provides temporary combat buff to the team similar to Baron Nasher's buff where now the latter s more geared towards pushing/sieging. Before Baron spawns the pit will stand a Rift Herald that will only spawn once, where if you defeat it will replace your ward slot with an item that summons it; upon summon it will walk down lane and push turrets and is capable of taking turrets down within a couple hits if you can get tower aggro off it. Account: * You can now level your account beyond level 30. * Riot introduced lootboxes into the game. You can earn a certain amount of box for free, but otherwise you have to pay to get them. Lootboxes can be obtained once on each champ if you manage to get S rank on a champ, if you duo then whatever chests your duo mate gets you will also get it too. * Lootboxes, or what they call the "hextech chests" contain "shards" which is incomplete items in the game that you have to disenchant other "shards" to get the resources for; think about the mechanics like Hearthstone's card packs. Chests can contain anything between champ shards to summoner icons to skin shards etc. Similarly, the disenchant ratio is rather awful just like Hearthstone. * Riot introduced emojis into the game, it is also obtainable via lootboxes. * Chests require keys to open them, keys can either be purchased by real money or you can wait for key shards to randomly drop as you play. 3 key shards to combine into a key. * The Hextech Chests operate on 2 resources, the yellow essence and the blue essence. The yellow essence is to unlock skin shards, and is what the skin shards will disenchant to; blue essence is to unlock champion shards, and is what the champ shards will disenchant to. * Basically what it means is that lootboxes is a gamble where the chances of obtaining the skin you want is extremely small and even when you do, you need the resources to unlock them, and you would also need the keys. It's not worth the money as the whole, but it does have chances to drop legacy contents. * Honour system has been reworked. The new Honour voting screen will now come out after each match, before the end-game performance screen, where you will be asked to vote for 1 ally players in one of the 3 categories of Honour; though there is a small arrow at the bottom that allows you to skip the process if you want to. Team members are encouraged to honour another as if the entire team honours someone in the team, all of you get a small Honour boost towards the next Honour rank. There is currently no "honourable opponent" feature, but Riot claims that it's coming back. The new Honour system has certainly more presence than previously but is still somewhat transparent, but you do get cosmetic rewards if you have Honour 3 and above. And I believe for the lootboxes keys above, key's drop rate is affected by your Honour level where if you have any Honour level above 3 your key drop chance is increased from normal. Everyone starts at Honour 2. * Quest is now a thing. When new champs get released, new events, tournament etc etc, Riot would release quests where you grind for some goodies which may or may not be of limited availability. Certain event quests will earn you event tokens, in which you use the Hextech crafting where you manage your Hextech shards and stuff and locate the tokens, click on them and see the reward options you can get from your tokens. Also never get Legacy Skin Rewards from such event tokens, because they typically cost more tokens and have obviously small range of skins to loot; unless you really want some legacy skins otherwise don't use that. * I'm not going to bother talking about the new skins releases. * Lastly, IP has been removed. Remember the blue shards talked about in the Hextech Chest section? The IP is replaced with that. * Continuing from the point above, Riot has made it now so you do NOT earn IP/blue essence per win, instead you earn xp to level your account, and you will get your IP/blue essence from leveling up, in the form of getting a bunch of champ shards (supposedly for you to disenchant the ones you don't want and get the IP/blue essence that way). This creates a problem that you do not grind incrementally but rather the grind rewards come in waves instead, combined with the fact the disenchant ratio isn't particularly great to begin with and has JUST been nerfed this preseason from I think 30% to 20% or something idk the exact number. While players did the math saying that you do actually earn more equivalent resources than IP from the same grind, but the general complaints is that it feels awful to grind now for many (probably because the grind is now limited to leveling up, where each IP/blue essence gain is put behind 10 matches of mostly nothing). But you might feel different who knows. Also this forum is not as lively as before unfortunately.
TheBioB (OCE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=LeBIob,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=3QGEowPx,comment-id=0012000000010000,timestamp=2017-10-28T13:14:21.859+0000) > > Irony: the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect. > This is like a catch 22, either he's using irony incorrectly while calling OCE dumb or he's using it correct which makes it not ironic... > mind blown Why necro a 2 year old thread by replying to a 1 year old comment in it? Indeed, my mind is blown wide open.
: What happened to all the shitposting in GD...
Go, OP, be the new Elo Satan, make us proud.
: Ridiculous dodge timer
Pretty sure it's 5min, 10 or 15 min, then 30 min? I think you skipped a tier for some reason idk.
Rioter Comments
: Is it still available?
> [{quoted}](name=NTP Yusuke,realm=OCE,application-id=6jGZAhT1,discussion-id=sURQEfqg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-03T09:51:27.139+0000) > > Is it still available? If it were me to guess, I'd think it's a bit too late.
Talon12 (OCE)
: Well regardless, its still around but they changed what goes into it, that "review" was from 4 weeks ago
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=rVT9AuVs,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-03T06:45:58.112+0000) > > Well regardless, its still around but they changed what goes into it, that "review" was from 4 weeks ago Might retry at some point.
Mokki (OCE)
: Is it just me or do all the asians hop on at 4 am?
Because some Asian countries, such as China, their timezone is about 3-4 hours behind us, so at 4AM where most native OCE players are asleep, it's about 12-1AM in some Asian countries so some people can still clock a few games in at that time. Here only talking about the cross-servers, it's not that they only hop on after 4AM, but that they stay around for longer since the night can still be somewhat young in their timezone at our 4AM. ........................... Concerning the other aspects: * In Korea and China, the accounts are citizenship-bound. Meaning, they only get 1 account, and if it's perm'ed from continuous toxicity or whatever, they're done with the game forever. And so for them to keep on playing, they have little choice but to play cross-server. Then you also get the fact that toxic players rarely actually reform... yeah. * There is also a deal with cultural and negative bias. This is no news, people tend to view others who they are less familiar with more negatively in some way by default even if the subjects may not be actually toxic or misbehaving, and occasionally irrationally prioritising it without realising it. This is a complex topic, call it the human nature and the understanding barrier if you will, but let's just say this kind of exercise is what ultimately creates target negative stereotyping, scapegoating and witch-hunting (you're doing a little bit of that former 2 too, just a little bit).
ciaƓ (OCE)
: Worlds Missions
This time the mission comes/updates weekly. So "complete X more mission" is gonna take a while.
: What the fuck happened to this place
When the old regulars of the forum mostly moved on to something/somewhere else and there isn't enough new regulars to take their place.
Talon12 (OCE)
: Phenomenal is a positive adjective. > remarkable or exceptional, especially exceptionally good. Lol all drink review sites give it about 4.6/5 rating > REFRESHING! The mint makes you feel like your actually drinking a mojito without being naughty! Absolutely my favourite from Lipton!
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=rVT9AuVs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-02T05:07:56.245+0000) > > Phenomenal is a positive adjective. > > Lol all drink review sites give it about 4.6/5 rating (I used the term "phenomenal" in a sarcastic fashion, hence the italic) Holy shit this necro lol (it really brings me back, especially the other commenters' igns... sniff). Anyway, I haven't seen this drink anywhere around my general routine for a while now for some reason now that I think about it, so can't review my opinion even if I wanted to lol. Still, my first impression with the flavour was incredibly poor (from 3 years ago.....), given that it reminds me personally of the flavour for toothpastes. Then again, opinions opinions.
: i havent got a single honor capsule and im level 4, so much for being a good player
> [{quoted}](name=Willy Donka,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=n4TLGsqZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-07T10:04:35.741+0000) > > i havent got a single honor capsule and im level 4, so much for being a good player If it makes you feel better, I got 2 capsules, both contained champ shards and ones I already own (I forgot what the first one was, the second contained Gragas shard).
Nightjar (OCE)
: also before the honour update, I had way too many chests and not enough keys. Ever since I hit honour lvl4, I've been swimming in keys but can't seem to get chests anymore (partly because I've been focusing on ranked and sticking to my mains to carry and also because less people are feeding and throwing hissy fits).
> [{quoted}](name=Nightjar,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=ePY3bvLW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-21T06:31:46.581+0000) > > also before the honour update, I had way too many chests and not enough keys. Ever since I hit honour lvl4, I've been swimming in keys but can't seem to get chests anymore (partly because I've been focusing on ranked and sticking to my mains to carry and also because less people are feeding and throwing hissy fits). Maybe it's time to try something new for Ranked, to hell with flames yeah boi (oh there's also LP to worry about, but nah, let's don't talk about that).
BRUSHED (OCE)
: Honour Capsule Feels
I got my first capsule today (finally. Been sitting on Honour4 for a while now). I got 4 key shards and a Gragas champ shard, not the most exciting thing ever but hey free shit amiright? Tho I do jelly over those who's gotten something more rewarding...
Talon12 (OCE)
: Yasuo's "oh so op and broken double crit issue"
This thread is 2 months old. Secondly, what makes Yasuo tear people's hair out is ultimately because of his passive shield. Because a hypercarry that scales into your asshole, has solid ranged combat capabilities despite being melee, has a game-changing ability as his W, has infinite dashes as long as he has enemy units, has another game changing ability as his R on short CD and can proc from any knockup in the game which is everywhere on the roster thesedays and also comes with strong steroids, should NOT have fast-regenerating anti-poke passive shields that negates him from the only legitimate weakness he has which is early game laning pokes. Well he has another "weakness", that is if you can duel him with a medium to strong duelist in early game with literally nothing around you, ie where Yasuo run into his opponent say, Darius, in the early game and in the river while the scuttle is currently absent. This would invalidate both his mobility and kiting power, and he would most likely die as a result of it. But I won't call that a counterplay option if the said option kills almost every single champ in the game equally to begin with and requires the said Yasuo player misplay big time as a requirement; it's like saying if I run into enemy team 1v3 and dying from it would be my champ's counterplay, it isn't. That passive shield is where it needs to get addressed.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Who designed such a useless reksai ultimate?
As explained in another comment here, Rek's ulti was only changed because it made no sense. I really don't think her current ulti is bad tbh. Think of it this way: it's got good range, has a global announcement (which doesn't mean anything given the range is nowhere near the point where it needs a global announcement, but hey it's a headsup for the enemy nonetheless), has another fixed delay after the announcement for the enemies to prepare themselves, which I guess are cool for a chase ability that could potentially 1 shot most people below 30-40% HP, but then it also for some reason **the spell can also be VERY EASILY dodged after all that**. That last part is the killer of this combination imo. I think all it needs is making it much harder to dodge that it currently does atm in some fashion (some form of auto-tracing/tracking for the leap which makes the target being required to do dedicated escapes by doing a dash AND escape to get out of being chewed on perhaps?) and it's good to go.
: i didn't understand the need for a change considering her w knockup is basically better and she no longer has the map presence advantage of hitting lvl 6
> [{quoted}](name=CHEESYLEEKS,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=prrlQceZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-20T05:42:41.858+0000) > > i didn't understand the need for a change considering her w knockup is basically better and she no longer has the map presence advantage of hitting lvl 6 Her ulti was pressured to be changed because it literally makes no sense to her design and just seemed contrived. Whether or not the new ulti is actually good is another question tho (made a different comment for it), but at least it makes much more sense now.
PurpIe (OCE)
: What can I say, life is tough and life is unfair.
> [{quoted}](name=Purplerain14,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=B6QOMMXP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-20T09:25:41.606+0000) > > What can I say, life is tough and life is unfair. ayyy
Rioter Comments
: Let's talk Leo boosters
You can screenshot the "evidence" and report through a support ticket. Pretty sure (if justified and proven) first offence of elo boosting means you get 2 week ban, and if caught again means you get your perma.
: MEGA ORBS A WASTE OF TIME
Great Orb is technically better. It's 30 less to pay and includes a wider spectrum of skins (less duplicates and more possibilities). Not to mention, most of the legacy skins outside of the "veteran" status, worth very little, because most of them are very old skins (that may or may not have been updated, but even so it's usually nowhere as valuable as the newly release skins in terms of visual quality to cost ratio).
: life so hard
Bruh, No colour is the best colour.
: https://i.gyazo.com/350100165e43ebe3b45fc4a5356a834a.png If only....
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=2qvZ1RNn,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-08-16T07:11:57.666+0000) > > https://i.gyazo.com/350100165e43ebe3b45fc4a5356a834a.png > > If only.... That reminds me of my first take on reworked Yorick. Went something like 0/11/2. Team then told me to either uninstall or never touch him ever again. I haven't gone back to Yorick since.
: This kind of thing makes me mad.
Maybe he only sued because be lacks the money atm. Most sports players, especially the major league ones, tend to be very bad financial managers and just flush out their money like feces in the toilet. It's a lot to do with their environment I suppose, because many of their adult years have been spent looking at big bucks, some of them kinda lose track on what is more and what is less when it comes to money. They also sometimes forget that their career are usually VERY short, and their high wage standard were made to take that into account. And proceed to spend so much and go bankrupt immediately after retirement or even before. So if I were to guess, this is probably not done to get that extra dollars, but as an actual income since he may perhaps be actually running low on his end due to non-sustaining money management that is quite well documented in sports rings. But idk, he seems to be doing pretty well financially atm. Maybe he really just wanted more money. ............ Still, a duck move tho. And that probably hurts the PR a bit.
: Saying gg ez, is _technically_ a reportable offence. and certainly it's not nice to hear, from either side. But personally, my philosophy is: There are so many terrible problems in the world, and "gg ez" is the very least of them! So if you're getting uptight about 4 letters some kid wrote... your life is not going to be very fun. I for one, don't intend on wasting my life being uptight about someone else's insecurities. People _**should**_, be nice and sportsmanlike, but they're often not, thats how the world is, and dealing with that is our own responsibility. Not Riot's or our sports coach's or anyone else's. **You have to draw a line at hate-speech and bullying of course!** Anything less than that, isn't nice, but isn't worth getting upset over. Agreed, In a perfect world It shouldn't happen, and if I could solve the problem, id do so in a heartbeat! But you have to pick your battles, and taking on every anonymous 12 year old on the planet, is not one I see as winnable. That's just my view of course. But life is limited, and theres no need to spend that time being offended by someone you'll never meet, and couldn't care less about. You physically can't control everyone's behaviour, but you can control your own. So instead of making everyone else **say **what you want _(which is impossible)_, just only pay attention to the stuff you want to **hear**. It takes so much less effort and achieves virtually the same result. But in terms of the summoners code, I believe Riot takes GG EZ fairly seriously as an insult, and wants people to report offenders.
Yeah but if you finish a football match with a handshake with the opponent team while following it up with a quick spit on their foot, I'm pretty sure something will come to your direction, punishments or hospital bills, doesn't matter. People are only spamming "ggez" because of the security from distant interactions through the internet cables. And that's really just sad. That said, it's right, "ggez" is not worth losing hair over.
Justaguy (OCE)
: Habit in Oceania of saying "GG ez"
Every normal match seems to end with at least 1 guy saying "ggez" or its similar variants. It is just getting silly. I guess Oceania, like the ocean, is really made out of a lot of salt.
: hey i missed u too :P I'm Officer caitlyn, Arclight vayne, Steellegiongaren Etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Gimp Boy,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=vE2yKWI9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-11T12:34:40.320+0000) > > hey i missed u too :P I'm Officer caitlyn, Arclight vayne, Steellegiongaren Etc. Me too.
SOOM (OCE)
: When you get most honourable on a remake
Can you even honour people after a match that is remade? Last time I had a remake, my client skipped the honour panel.. Oh well. Anyways gj on that.
: Molendo :c
He moved on to a better thing called life, meanwhile we're still stuck in the memes.
: this is what gets you perma banned in 2017.
There are usually 3 exhibits but you only have 2. Whatever. If you believe your ban is faulty, you can always support ticket in with Riot. They will unban you if it's indeed faulty, or having a lack of ground to justify the ban.
Jason (OCE)
: Australia is getting a League of Legends Reality Show!
Does it come with people getting harassed in chat, reporting, bans and all that stuff? What about promo throwing and inting and the like? Oh oh, what about the players raging at their computer? I'd watch that. Actually.... probably not, that hits a bit close to home.
: Got permanently suspended for being toxic.... nt rly
Send a support ticket. They will discuss with you why you're banned. If falsely attributed, you can dispute it.
o02GD4U0o (OCE)
: I already established the fact that i was toxic and the Chat ban was just but the fact that i got demoted to Honor level 1 on my first ban in the new honor system is not fair. Also, I was not toxic at the beginning i was thinking about the positives over the negatives like for example how Vi's ult can be really helpful when we reach 6 in lane but that never happened because we got camped by the jungler and as soon as their taliyah mid mind you, hit level 6 she just kept ulting and so walling us from running away to our tier 2 tower. So no it was not my negative attitude that lost us the game as it was the fact that the game was already lost, i started flaming.
> [{quoted}](name=o02GD4U0o,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=RqzdPun6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-02T09:24:45.307+0000) > > I already established the fact that i was toxic and the Chat ban was just but the fact that i got demoted to Honor level 1 on my first ban in the new honor system is not fair. Also, I was not toxic at the beginning i was thinking about the positives over the negatives like for example how Vi's ult can be really helpful when we reach 6 in lane but that never happened because we got camped by the jungler and as soon as their taliyah mid mind you, hit level 6 she just kept ulting and so walling us from running away to our tier 2 tower. > > So no it was not my negative attitude that lost us the game as it was the fact that the game was already lost, i started flaming. There is no such thing as "got demoted to Honor level 1 on my first ban", if you're banned you WILL drop honour level by 1. And it's the only way to drop honour (unless you afk so much you get leavebusted), so that's why it's designed like that.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Wait really? Can I get Riots confirmation? I'd like a Riot to comment on this
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=R2ppKFPm,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T09:07:41.734+0000) > > Wait really? Can I get Riots confirmation? I'd like a Riot to comment on this I read a case on NA where there was a guy being verbal abused and called a N-ger, which while the attacker was banned, the victim themselves were banned also because they were defending themselves while saying things like (paraphrase) "why are you insulting me and spam this N-ger shit" and actually type the term out in its complete form. And the system thought they were also the insulter instead of the victim defending themselves. Their ban were lifted soon after. The automated word matching system may have some context sensitivity built into, maybe, but most likely it's not great (I mean seeing google still has issues with translation of any line with more than 4 words in it) or may even just be absent and it's just a string-matching algorithm. You might want to check with Riot support by submitting a support ticket on this one. I really do not believe that your chatlog there definitely deserves a ban on its basis tbh. I mean, yeah it's angry, but I really don't think it's offensive at all.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Yep had to re-login to get the chat logs, for everyones entertainment I'll post them now: Fitzky: reported Fitzky: you ruined my game Fitzky: you cant jg Fitzky: you legit cant Fitzky: you need smite Fitzky: too late now Fitzky: just report her so maybe next time she'll pay more fucking attention when in champ select Fitzky: you ruined my game! Fitzky: WHAT ARE YOU DOING Fitzky: report vi please Fitzky: holy fuck you're all braindead Fitzky: she has no fukcing smite Fitzky: she cant jg Fitzky: and you just let that happen Fitzky: no Fitzky: fuck off Fitzky: your stealing my exo Fitzky: exp Fitzky: go mid Fitzky: id rather you go afk Fitzky: legit fuck off Fitzky: nah Fitzky: go away Fitzky: get out of my lane Fitzky: sorry yorick this bitch wont fuck off Fitzky: shut up Fitzky: I want a normal laning phase Fitzky: not this shit Fitzky: no Fitzky: YOU CAN JG NOW Fitzky: GO AWAY Fitzky: how would you like it if I followed you around jg and took every camp? Fitzky: you like that? Fitzky: you tried to Fitzky: I had to make sure you didnt steal Fitzky: look yorick is level 8 now Fitzky: im level 5 Fitzky: look at this Fitzky: you think id be happy? Fitzky: no by standing in the lane you take exp Fitzky: good Fitzky: what? Fitzky: the fuck? Fitzky: "report urgot useless" Fitzky: fuck you dude seriously Fitzky: you come into my lane, steal exp, ruin my lane, then ask them to report me? Fitzky: hahah you are Fitzky: a joke Fitzky: hahahah ^ Fitzky: me? Fitzky: nah im actually skinny Fitzky: lol so whats your issue now? Fitzky: you legit trolled me now your the one making the verbal abuse Fitzky: yeah the one that takes smite when jgling Fitzky: "report urgot verbal abuse" Fitzky: "sad sack of shit" Fitzky: your funny Fitzky: you made the decision to come into my lane Fitzky: and steal exp Fitzky: mate just because you made a mistake doesnt mean you ruin my lane Fitzky: bye Fitzky: she forgot smite, ran into my lane to steal cs, then proceeds to flame me Fitzky: I think all the boxes are checked here Fitzky: report being issued after Fitzky: she stole all the exp Fitzky: ^ Fitzky: nah farm jg and suffer yourself because YOU forgot smite Fitzky: SO DONT RUIN OTHERS LANES Fitzky: COOL STORY Fitzky: vi you've made it worse now by going afk Fitzky: ok cool Fitzky: im having a laugh here haha Fitzky: nah i want to win Fitzky: you're not making it easy Fitzky: come play vi Fitzky: really? Fitzky: not the one whos afk and not helping the team? Fitzky: now im telling you to play Fitzky: come Fitzky: alright then Fitzky: okay Yep I was toxic, Vi was being a shit, trolled, and ruin the game, but you know what? She got banned as well, so I'm not even that mad.
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=R2ppKFPm,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T08:57:46.877+0000) > > Yep I was toxic, Vi was being a shit, trolled, and ruin the game, but you know what? She got banned as well, so I'm not even that mad. Well it's cool that you're in a good state of mind even when facing perma (I'd panic if I got permed), but from my point of view, it really isn't that toxic, the chatlog as it were. I mean, that 1 word "bitch" is the worst thing out of this thing from what I see, I tbh don't feel it's that mad of a chatlog. But hey, idk. EDIT: I think another reason for your ban was from you quoting their flame, which the system mistake it to be from you instead. I think you can actually dispute this case.
Fitzky (OCE)
: Update: So apparently the person I reported got banned, but I myself must of also been reported and I got permanently suspended. I would of course like an explanation for this?
> [{quoted}](name=Fitzky,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=R2ppKFPm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-02T08:48:22.129+0000) > > Update: So apparently the person I reported got banned, but I myself must of also been reported and I got permanently suspended. I would of course like an explanation for this? Were you flaming them during the match? Riot does not endorse fight-fire-with-fire when it comes to in-game toxicity for many reasons. Otherwise, you can always dispute it via a support ticket. It can even be from other previous offences that's just catching up now. Ask them to clear it up for you. Since it's not about 3rd party software ban, I wouldn't think given your information here, so they should be quite open to discuss it in the support ticket.
Fitzky (OCE)
: THANK YOU RIOT
That's some very vile individual. Hope that's their main and not a smurf.
o02GD4U0o (OCE)
: BullSh*t Honor Level System
Then don't flame. Scream at your screen if you must vent frustration, or at least don't be a dickbag when you're typing to let others know if you're angry. No one is forcing you to be an attacker yourself and type out nonsense into the chatlog to be directed at another person. Not to mention, what lost you the game there probably wasn't even because of Vi supp, it was clearly more to do with your negative attitude and tilting.
: I wasn't talking about racing at all. Im saying we don't tailor the road rules to suit the better drivers _(I used race car drivers as an example of a highly skilled driver, even if they aren't racing at the time)_ If we tailor the road rules to the lowest denominator; slow grannies so forth _(bronze 5)_, it is incredibly frustrating for everyone else. Likewise if we tailor it to only the off-duty race-car drivers _(diamond and pro play)_, it becomes incredibly dangerous for everyone else who doesn't share the same skillset. So intead, we take the average driver _(silver/gold)_, and tailor the road rules around that. So now, the road is slightly dangerous for grannies, and slightly boring for high-performance drivers on their days off. But it means that 90% of people are happy and safe on the road. So instead of pleasing the 5% of race-car drivers, and making the road hell for everyone else. Or pleasing the 5% of grannies and making driving a chore. They please 90% of drivers. There is no sounder logic than that?? So why should league be any different? > I mean, who the hell wants to be good at game competitively where it's dominated/decided by favourtism, skewed balancing, catering and fotms Not sure if this is sarcasm.. That is the game currently? Riot favours the pros, they even get the pros advice when it comes to balancing, despite them being less than 0.5% of the population. I can't help but notice that neither you nor I haven't been called into Riot HQ to ask for advice on balancing, even though we represent a far greater portion of players than the pros. So if Faker gets called in and the average player doesn't how is that anything other than favouritism? They also favour champs, they don't nerf Lee Sin despite him being obviously overloaded, because he's fun to play and watch, so they have more to gain by keeping him in the games. Balacing is skewed. Every time worlds comes up, Riot pretty much states in the patch notes _"Yeaaaaa... but fuck you all now, we are just gunna focus on balancing exclusively for worlds for the next 3 or 4 patches, the rest of you will just have to deal."_ _______ The whole premise of a game, is that you play it, and if you are better than everyone else, you win. If you do win, the game doesn't change its rules to make it easier for you and harder for people who don't win. The game is the game. It's rules are designed to allow the greatest majority of people to play it. Those who are better then others win more, and if by winning more the game becomes less interesting for you, well time to find a new game. They didn't change the rules of Rugby for Jonah Lomu. If they did, then it'd screw over all the school kids who play it in lunch time. They make the rules to allow for a fun game that the greatest number of people can play, if some people in the highest levels of play are too good, well then hats off to them. But you down change to rules to make them less good. > Balancing the game means making it actually balanced. Okay, define 'balance' for me. Last I checked, balance meant that things were even on both sides. So if champions are too strong for 90% of players, but just right for the pro players. How exactly is that balanced? That seems the opposite of balanced. 90% on one side of the scales, 10% on the other. Seems like an unbalanced set of scales to me. __________ > There is nothing wrong with balancing at the highest standard, or try to, because that means the balance is as objective as it can get; what's wrong with that? Your whole argument seems to be centred around balancing the game around some utopian view, something better than ourselves to strive towards. So why stop at balancing around plat? Why not balance the game exclusively around Faker? If he loses against Azir, nerf Azir, if he wins against Braum, buff Braum. Then you have your utopian view of balance. The problem with it, is that 99% of players will never be as good as Faker, most people will never even get out of silver. So why balance for a game that most people will never be able to play? It's stupid. It's great to have an objective, but the objective shouldn't be _"Fight your way though an unbalanced game to reach the highest level, and then once you reach that, the balancing is fair."_ If you are good enough to reach the highest level of play, it means youre good enough to play around unbalanced champs. You know who isnt good enough to play around unbalanced champs? **90% of all players!** The _objective_ should be reaching the highest rank. You do so, by playing through a game that is balanced around the majority of people, to allow the majority a chance at striving for the objective. As it is, if you are a bronze player, you'll find it much harder to reach your objectives, because the game is so completely unbalanced for your level. Meanwhile the people who have already reached their objectives, (plat +) have a nice balanced game to muck around in. Hardly fair? > Idk about you, but a more balanced game when it comes to the competitive genre, is a better game in my eyes. Why? Why is a game better when only the top 0.5% of people are allowed to play it properly?
The problem your "Nasus is not balanced because 90% of players have issues with him", is assuming that 90% of players actually have issues with him. **Because they don't.** I've pointed out before, the sole reason why low elo has the most players is not because everybody is frigging bad at the game, but because there is a fixed and minority amount of percentage of people even allowed to anywhere above Silver in the first place; many people tend to put the cause and effect backwards. There is a big difference between the 2 notions. This is just the simple reality of pyramid hierarchy/ranking. Low elo players are not automatically trash, being the worst players and thinkers. Low elo players are merely more _**likely**_ to be be bad due to simple statistical reasons, but is by no means defined and restrained by that characteristic. Look at them stats, from lolalytics if you must, and navigate to Bronze section and check out each champ's performance? Oh what's that? Nasus is actually doing bad in comparison to the rest of the cast? Oh what's that again? Many of the pubstompers are actually doing quite bad even in Bronze matches? How could this be? Or you know, most people ie your "90%", are not as bad as you think they are. .................. .................. .................. I narrowed your example down because racing vs domestic traffic makes no sense in the context of League. Those 2 are completely different "games". I mean hell, does ideas of comparing pedestrian sidewalk with a sprinter race even make sense to you? Because it surely doesn't do it for me. LoL is a competitive game in and of itself, that's why as far as car analogies are concerned, the closest possible example is racing. And I've also demonstrated by there is no issue to balance the match according to the speed record of the fastest racers rather than the slowest (which they DO), because that's just how it works. And thus by the same token, competitive environments like League should be balanced at the top performers and not the worst performers. **We can have different kinds of car races, some are fast, others are faster, but 1 thing is consistent across all kinds of races: the balance, rules or the limits, as it were, are set by top performers, not the worst performers.** Logical reason for doing so? As I've said before, because it's the most rational and logical attempt to achieve an objective standard. It's not a "fuck you" to the Bronzies or anything, it's just that people actually want a fair match. A fair match, fair game, objective balance, universal standards, everybody is included (yes, otherwise you will be alienating people for being good at what they do, which outside of how utterly contradictory it is to the purpose of competition, it's also just awful; and no the reverse won't be true unless you're really digging the newbie hostile environment like EVE Online which this game is nowhere near by). It's just you know, a competitive environment. .................. .................. .................. I mean sure, the game isn't that balanced, we have a history to back this claim up, no surprises there. But Riot is trying to get some of that back now, because thank god it's not filled to the brim with money machines. And that's okay. > Not sure if this is sarcasm.. That is the game currently? (refering the favourtism in balancing) And you wonder why for the longest time, everybody thinks the game's balance is so atrocious, and has been a laughing stock balance-wise in all of MOBA/ARTS industry. It seem you've literally answered your own questions already. What's this called? **CATERING**. Riot has a track record of buffing for the worlds as you've said. But the thing is that it's no different to you promoting to balance for the low elos in ways they think the low elos need, it's both catering at its finest. **You can't reject 1 form of catering and promote the other, reject both.** > Shouldn't be _"Fight your way though an unbalanced game to reach the highest level, and then once you reach that, the balancing is fair."_ This is a fallacy, because if a game is actually balanced fairly, then THERE IS NO UNBALANCE. Why would it be balanced when it isn't in the first place? On the flip side, why would a game be balanced when it isn't? .................. .................. .................. You may have been completely confusing game balance theory with social balancing theory. You might be purely pushing for your stance solely because you were drawing connections between balancing the game for the bronzies with setting up shelters and minimum wage for the homeless and poor. The problem is that those 2 are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT contexts. Why, you ask? Because nobody is going hungry and shivering on the side of the road for being in the Bronze. There is no need for "humanitarian aid". This is why, in the context of competition in games, physical and virtual, it's entirely okay to be jungle-rules-survival-of-the-fittest-best-man-goes-last, because that's the point of sports and games, a harmless environment for good o' competition. Or you might be thinking about freebie balancing, where you might think a certain grinding mechanics is way too much for the casual players such as IP or whatever. But again, this is a completely different context, because the root of the system is not to be a race, but to be a carrot on a stick and keep the players active on the game via "things to do". You can't just merge all kinds of different contexts into 1 and decide that 1 thing is not okay because it doesn't work in a completely different context. It doesn't work like that. .................. .................. .................. .................. .................. .................. .................. I think you ultimately is just confusing "Balancing for the highest level of play" with "balancing for the pro scene spectacle." The former is what I preach, the latter is what Riot did and still do and I despise but is not anywhere the same as the former. Some of the recent pubstomper buffs were directed at the fact they over-nerfed many of them because of low elo QQ and is just giving some of their deserved strength back, or that many of the pubstompers have been left behind and is now receiving some love for higher elo range where they have become unplayable. I see all of this as good signs that Riot still thinks for balancing at highest level of play, ie the objective standards of the game. There is nothing wrong with balancing the game with objective standards derived from the highest level of skill and its environment, as theory and simulation can only do so much without practicality, and obviously high elos play better and explore further into the game than lower elos so they are taken reference for the balance choices. Again, I'm not talking about the shrewd balance nerfbats they did in the past and present just because the pro scene doesn't go a certain "visual direction" as they'd anticipated; I'm talking about actually balancing the game, and not to be driven by some preexisting agenda, be it either "muh pro scene" or "muh b5 QQ". Riot does this sometimes, and all I'm saying is that it's a damn good thing that they do.
: News flash, Riot HQ is run by Monkeys! They have no clue at all! I'm not even joking! {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=trolledallmylife,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eh2jacHx,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-08-01T15:43:38.538+0000) > > News flash, Riot HQ is run by Monkeys! > > They have no clue at all! > > I'm not even joking! > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Another news flash, those monkeys have better IQ than you! You have no clue at all! I'm not even kidding! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: I cannot disagree more about that the game shouldn't be balanced for the greatest % of players. If you think the game should be balanced around plat and up, the logic you agree with is: ___ #"We should just make the speed limits on all roads 150 kph, because then the pro race-car drivers will be happy! #Fuck everyone else! if they don't want to die then they should go and learn better reflexes aye!" _____ **No.** The road rules are balanced around the _average_ skill of drivers, they aren't balanced around the alzheimer's grannies, nor are they balanced around F1 drivers. Why should league be any different? It doesn't matter how competitive the pro scene is, the point of the game _(any game)_ is fun, and when 90% of the population gets stopped on by the same champs, it's not fun. Why should 90% of players miss out, so that 10% can have slightly more competitive games? It makes absolutely 0 sense. ______ Also your term 'low elo stomper' is wrong. Remember that 'normal' is determined by the average. So if a champ is stomping 90% of the population, that is their average _normal_ state, therefore it's not low elo that gets stomped, its high elo that doesn't get stomped. Theres a big distinction there. If something is 'safe', it's because the _majority_ of the time, it doesn't hurt people. You don't say something is 'safe, except for 90% of the time'. So you also can't say that Darius stomps low elo, because he doesn't, he's normal in low elo, and high elo just doesn't get stomped. ______ _Also if someone could tell me how to actually stop Nasus from farming instead of just telling me to, that'd be great! Ive been on league for 5+ years and i still cant stop him. No matter how much I punish him for farming he always heals it all back. So he ends up getting CS anyway, and I lose out because I'm spending all my time smacking him with spells._
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eh2jacHx,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-01T13:13:02.291+0000) > > We should just make the speed limits on all roads 150 kph, because then the pro race-car drivers will be happy! > Fuck everyone else! if they don't want to die then they should go and learn better reflexes aye! The problem with this analogy is that you're directly comparing racing and domestic uses, which use different metrics for being completely different things with different purposes in the first place. It's not even different "game modes" or anything, they are flat out different "games" just sitting in the same genre of driving. So to use the correct analogy, you have to consult EITHER racing speed limits or domestic speed limits. And we will use the former because that's the only comparable "game" in this "subgenre", and the latter is completely invalid because that'd be like comparing completely social games like Club Penguin with League or something. And Yes, if you're too slow in an actual race, it's your problem. Because clearly, the speeds are opened and regulated on the racetrack as they are because someone is clearly doing better than you are which they set the bar, not you. You can't just slow the entire race to your pace just because you're slow yourself. So yes, even going with your car speed analogy, my logic is still sound. And no, unless Riot is introducing different balancing policies to Normal Blinds or something (not Draft, because it's practically the same as Ranked just without season rewards and the promos) which may be debatable, maybe, otherwise if we are talking about Ranked which is the main draw of this game's competitiveness, it should and shall be balanced at an objective level, ie the high level scene. Ranked, as competitive as it is, should not be hindered by or even catered to whoever that is last on a racetrack in a competition; it just means the last guy needs to try harder next time, something everybody including the guy themselves would agree with. > _Also if someone could tell me how to actually stop Nasus from farming instead of just telling me to, that'd be great! Ive been on league for 5+ years and i still cant stop him. > No matter how much I punish him for farming he always heals it all back. So he ends up getting CS anyway, and I lose out because I'm spending all my time smacking him with spells._ I told you how didn't I? Poking, constant harass, ganking, lane freezing, mobility etc all makes disrupt his farming pattern, by forcing him to deal with you thus missing Q on CS, force him to panic and miss Q, or you just kill him/run him out of lane so his CS are wasted. You also can just use someone with blinds and he won't even be able to land his Q due to missing/fumbling the attack as Q is an AA mod. Teemo and Quinn are pretty good hard counterpicks for Nasus for this reason alone, not even considering other factors. Even more easier, you can literally just out-check him early with strong lane bullies like Darius, Panth or Olaf and Nasus just never gets to play at all. There are tons of ways to stop Nasus from getting to late game. HE HAS TO FARM MADLY TO GET THERE, all you need is use some early game strategy and stop him. Why is it Nasus's problem if you can't end the game early just because YOU don't know the know-how and able to set up a couple ganks for him? Not to mention, even if Nasus is actually fed, he's still prone to all kinds of %HP damage that's everywhere these days, not to mention the amount of CC there are in this game. He even being fed, at best runs into the team with R and Ghost on and kill 1 guy who's slowed to hell with W, ONE, and then he will be kited to oblivion and dies a dog's death. That's after all those farming and actually get into his late game, **THIS is his late game as a hypercarry, being able to guarantee a single kill in a teamfight with _maybe_ more kills, after all that farming and getting here relatively unscathed**. Ask yourself, do you honestly think that's **too much**? Think about it. ......................... __________________________ __________________________ __________________________ __________________________ __________________________ __________________________ ......................... The purpose of balancing game at the highest standard is not to be an elitist and shit all over the peasantry noobs, bronze plebeians and filthy casuals or whatever. It's to make an OBJECTIVE STANDARD, something a COMPETITIVE game needs. I mean, who the hell wants to be good at game competitively where it's dominated/decided by favourtism, skewed balancing, catering and fotms, and you pray to Jesus everyday to ask for your champs to not get nerfed and become a troll pick in high elo, and hoping that maybe pro scene can see more than 30 champs out of 140 this year? A competitive game needs to be BALANCED. That's why Riot needs to make it BALANCED. **I have no idea why making it intentionally unbalanced is gonna help the competitive scene, it won't. It will just make people more readily to take the blame on the game for being imbalanced as it is, than actually realising that they may be bad at the game.** **OH FUCKING WAIT** Can't you see your approach is only making a vicious cycle and down swirl into the worst? Bad player culture, AND bad game balance? Balancing the game means making it actually balanced. No one is gonna just make laws where the first rule is that people are not equal, this ain't Animal Farm "Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others". Many low elo pubstompers were intentionally kept weak for no reasons other than because lower elo's QQ, and Riot is finally making a move against that, GOOD! Idk about you, but a more balanced game when it comes to the competitive genre, is a better game in my eyes. I see nothing but joy in any competitive game knowing that it's at least made efforts to actually be balanced. Again, this is not to say "fuck all lowbies", I'm Silver 5 10LP ffs, all I'm saying is that for a competitive game to even work, it HAS TO be balanced. **There is nothing wrong with balancing at the highest standard, or try to, because that means the balance is as objective as it can get; what's wrong with that?** Once more, I am NOT talking about that we can't voice if a champ is OP or anything. What I'm saying is that it has to be actually justified rather than just QQ it because you got pwned or that you personally find it cancerous or something. It doesn't matter, deal with it and git gud; I mean, why are you playing the game if not to enjoy for what it is and learn its intricacies? Real criticisms of aspects in the game and its balance state as I've said, must be backed up with actually valid arguments from theory, practical experience, simulation and other analysis, and not just "fk this champ pwns noobs, NERF NERF". We should NEVER balance aspects in a competitive game to cater to people who are not proficient in it, we need to remind them where the counterplay is, and how to deal with them and let them learn the actual game than simply call for nerfs to shape the game THEIR way.
: > Your first mistake is calling Nasus a "tank". If something has over 4000 HP with enough resistances provided from deadmans and spirit visage _(among other items)_ to never be killed. It pretty safely classifies as a tank! Regardless of whatever else it's supposed to be. Saying _"oh yea, but juggernauts are supposed to kill **anyone**"_, doesn't help the argument. That just shows how retarded the balance team at riot is, if they think its okay to have an entire class who is allowed to _"destroy anyone in their way"_. Also, no one ever has shrugged late game Nasus damage off like it was nothing. Thats like saying late game Veigar is weak because Leona gets 3 hit instead of 1 hit. If a Nasus isn't doing well late game, its purely because they didn't farm Q enough. Also comparing someone's balance to Darius is a hollow argument, seeming Darius is probably the single most fucked top laner in the game. Remember that Skarner is a juggernaut as well, and I don't see Skarner 3-hitting towers like Nasus, or healing to full HP with a single axe swing like Darius. > they deserve to lose for trying to 1v1 a Juggernaut. Are you saying that it's okay to have champions in the game that literally no one can kill in a fair fight? Seems op to me. You say that Nasus has trouble getting to the back liners and is easy to kite? With Ghost, Stormraiders and a slow that is basically a snare. a great many back line champions would disagree with you there! Especially the ones without dashes. Not to mention when he does get to the back line, he genuinely 1-2 hits them. So it **SHOULD** be hard for him to get to them. Yes Nasus's slow is only a single target, so is Veigar's ult, but that doesn't make Veigar balanced. It means he can utterly fuck one person, instead of mildly annoy a lot of people. Yes the game is not balanced around low elo. But seeming [90% of players ARE low elo.](http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution) It causes a **lot** of problems when they make changes like this, so there are restrictions on how just much they can ignore us _(and boy do they go out of their way to push those bounds...)_ Is Nasus the most OP champ in the game? No, far from it. Did he need these changes? No, not at all. No champion _(or class *coughjuggernautcough)_ in the game should be balanced around the premise of being 'unstoppable'.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Eh2jacHx,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-07-31T23:05:48.220+0000) > > > Yes the game is not balanced around low elo. > But seeming [90% of players ARE low elo.](http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution) > It causes a **lot** of problems when they make changes like this, so there are restrictions on how just much they can ignore us _(and boy do they go out of their way to push those bounds...)_ This is a bad argument for game balance. Because what you're asking is essentially tilting the objective balance, and replace it with arbitrary and intentional imbalance. That's not how balance works. When someone gets rekt by low elo pubstompers, they need to know it's because they do not know how to deal with low elo pubstompers, and not because they're dealing with someone who's overpowered and need some check-up. There is a stark contrast between the 2. Many of the low elo pubstompers like Nasus, Garen, Yi and whatnot has been left completely unplayable in high elos because of low elo players' QQ, when they themselves are the source of the problem by being incapable of dealing with pubstompers as low elos tend to be (or more likely to be), but they blame it onto the champ, and Riot in all their wisdom catered to the QQ rather than heeding the actual balance of the game. Riot is just compensating some of that back now, in fact, we should be celebrating it. Any champ, pubstomper or not, all deserve to be competitive for who they are, that's why balance means; everyone is equal. In this case, most Juggernauts are all victims to kiting/poking if you can't duel them, on a team level when they get fed. Just because they require strategy and/or teamplay to deal with, it doesn't make a champ OP. If a Juggernaut has actually gotten so fed he can just run into your team and start actually scoring kills, or run across 2 turrets and don't give a shit, it means you've fucked up so much beforehand so now he's able to pull this; he's allowed to win the game that he's played right in, this is called win-condition. > If a Nasus isn't doing well late game, its purely because they didn't farm Q enough. If a Nasus is doing well late game, it's purely because you didn't do enough to stop him from farming Q either. At least Nasus has need to farm to get to his late game and has a quota in which he must achieve to even be relevant for once in a match; all you need to do is stop or delay that from happening by merely picking a poke/mobile/ranged etc champ and he is boned. Do you think Nasus is the one having it easy here? And even if it is, do you think "easy-ness" has anything to do with game balance itself, ie "easy" champs should be balanced weak and "hard" champs should be balanced strong? The answer is NO for both of them. .............. There is no need to balance around low elo just because the majority of people are there. Hell, most people are there not because of that they all suck balls, but because of gating, ie there are only so many people the system allows above Gold; THAT is why most of the players are in low elo. Because of the gigantic playerbase the low elo is, there obviously are tons of low elo players who have no issues with dealing with pubstompers, at least not to the extent of QQ'ing about them; not everyone is that guy who gets rekt by say Master Yi and writes a 3000 words angry posts about how Yi is overpowred, not even close, so why are we balancing the game around the angry vocal people who are bad at the game _even by low elo standards_ again? It's one thing to get salty over a champ, I do that as well when I get pwned. But then some people extend it onto silly logic such as "I think their champ is easy so they do not deserve to be good" or some silly things like that. What about we all strive to accept our shortcomings and think "hey even though I hate this fucking champ and all what they stand for because I just tilt and get owned by them no matter what I try, but I still think they deserve to be competitive and actually good because balance above all". It's not wrong to criticise a champ for being batshit crazy, or any broken aspects in the game, because obviously those exist and in great quantities, but one MUST include as many simulation, practical experience, implications and/or theorising etc before coming to that conclusion and debate with it, otherwise it's just raging. **Something has to only be QQ'ed because IT'S ACTUALLY BROKEN OP, not because you're just salty because YOU, yourself, don't know any better.** And ofc, most of the QQ'ed low elo stompers are NOT OP, which you also agree, so what makes them not deserving to be competitive?
: Is it only me who feels that the boards are far more different from last year?
OCE used to have a pretty active forum life despite the tiny population (in comparison to other servers) when we still had the forum. Many rage-quitted forum lives after the migration to Boards, some moved on and quitted League entirely, and so on so forth. And so the Board has been slowly dragged into what is commonly referred to as the "death spiral" with less and less people really come to stick around (I'm also guilty of this, I often get fix for my forum addiction on NA board nowadays....), until it becomes what it is like now, which is a bit cold around here. It's more like a Q&A section rather than a discussion forum now, unfortunately. But hey. It's still alive. I kinda wish there could be an influx of players using Board, or even old crews returning, and get it going like we always do. Then again, times carry on and change like nobody's business, we can only look back before we move on.
: Why is Riot reworking so many champions and not just releasing new champions
Why, many of the older champs have badly designed kit mechanically, thematically or both, or are just plain broken and will never be balance-able (check out Poppy's old R). That's why they do reworks. Champs would receive mini-reworks if their kit is not too much problem to balance reasonably or that there is nothing that makes no sense thematically. They could also receive no reworks and just VU like in the case of Twitch for example (though Riot probably has regretted that, given that they've probably realised now a stealth assassin with monster scaling and team shred isn't a exactly the greatest idea). Just releasing champs is not going to solve the problem, those champs have to be reworked. So it's better done sooner than later, Riot has waited long enough anyway, check out Urgot, he's been left in the dumpster for like 7 years or something before finally getting his rework.
Show more

SEKAI

Level 165 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion