: "1 person working for 8 hours; From reading the complaint to manually checking the replay would take at least 7-9mins to grasp a proper analysis. The finer details i imagined would entails, watching all the moments leading up to the bad scores, as well as exchanges of words." So first the main stuff needs to be transferred into different types of cases, since facing facts, there are people who will troll, and people who will intentionally feed, this is achieved quite easily more then likely through just doing a quick cross section of the reports and finding the key words that would tell about each, not every report needs to show the key words, but letting the community know this is an initiative would incentivize them actively making use of the words as well. "Tilting? Bad plays? team is overall losing? What happen to make the scores that bad?? Is the player consistently scoring bad? being reported frequently? These are question a support employee would need to solve before handing out a game play ban. By no mean it will be a short duration type of viewing." You really are trying to do this in the dumbest manner, which i think just shows your inability to think of a solution then anything else, none of what your trying to say, needs a support employee to be involved. "A crossed all ranks players are prone to report the worst performing player on the team. Especially in silver4 or lower. Which are the bulk of the rank population." Yes but across the whole population, it's not like proper players would get reported every game in a 20 game stretch (or at least a high percentage) your the person who's trying to find the occasional 1 in 20 game inter, not me (though admittedly it wouldn't be hard to tell since they tend to use the chat in stupid ways that make it obvious as well, but not really my point). "If the situation is as toxic as you have frequently mentioned. Then the figures of reported incidents would outmatch the numbers of employees by a LARGE MARGIN. It is a stupid move to hire so many employees to manually view replays like you have SUGGESTED." And that would be why you don't investigate every single report in the game like a moron.
> So first the main stuff needs to be transferred into different types of cases, since facing facts, there are people who will troll, and people who will intentionally feed, this is achieved quite easily more then likely through just **doing a quick cross section of the reports and finding the key words that would tell about each**, not every report needs to show the key words, but letting the community know this is an initiative would incentivize them actively making use of the words as well. You are suggesting using words of mouth as proof in order to speed up the process? Without the game play footage, this is effectively flawed and one sided. Not only it neglect the circumstance of the case, it heavily leaned on the majority's accusation. Which can be easily abuse under stressful situation where 4 players would point their finger to the guy who lost lane. > You really are trying to do this in the dumbest manner, which i think just shows your inability to think of a solution then anything else, none of what your trying to say, needs a support employee to be involved. The one who is not being comprehensive is you, not i. I'm covering more aspects, from reasoning to timing. While you've pushed passed the details in order to get your shallow idea into the arena. The so call solution you came up with, is no more than child play. No serious company would hire you for that idea. It is so elementary, that it is laughable. > Yes but across the whole population, it's not like proper players would get reported every game in a 20 game stretch (or at least a high percentage) your the person who's trying to find the occasional 1 in 20 game inter, not me (though admittedly it wouldn't be hard to tell since they tend to use the chat in stupid ways that make it obvious as well, but not really my point). In order to grasp a reasonable conclusion, we 1st need to understand the nature of why report occur in the case of, troll/inter or innocent. Such as: no sympathy for the guy who lost lane badly, don't know why the team mate got destroyed in lane but take an assumption that he didn't want to win, playing an off meta champ and under performing. All of these add on to losing and temper, people are quick to report others. Who's to say the same player that was reported in one game, wont be reported again for the same reason? Should that player be ban based on others painting a narrative? If yes, then how many games of being reported must the person go through before the trigger is pull? **How can a support employee know without manually checking it through?? Because words of mouth is good enough? You think everything can be boiled down to judgement for the one game?? ** What if someone feed on your one game, but did not do it on the next? But since you are so pissed off about losing you think he is an inter/troll. Better yet, do you track the inting player and determine that they are a serial offender? So easy for you to cut all the information out and make a loose assessment. > And that would be why you don't investigate every single report in the game like a moron. That is why there is a big delay on game play banning vs WORDS BANNING! HOLY @#$%. You don't think things through, you just come up with these 144p resolution idea and think it is HD.
: no it's against the rules it's just "hard to define intentional feeding over just being bad" Never mind the fact that it's obvious with a simple review of what they are doing half the time, but that's not the point. but hey it gives the trolls the "i'm just bad" defence to use regardless of how many games they just int for.
> Never mind the fact that it's obvious with a **simple review of what they are doing half the time**, but that's not the point. Are you kidding me? How many people do you think riot would need to hire to bring your idea into being? 1 person working for 8 hours; From reading the complaint to manually checking the replay would take at least 7-9mins to grasp a proper analysis. The finer details i imagined would entails, watching all the moments leading up to the bad scores, as well as exchanges of words. Tilting? Bad plays? team is overall losing? What happen to make the scores that bad?? Is the player consistently scoring bad? being reported frequently? These are question a support employee would need to solve before handing out a **game play ban**. By no mean it will be a short duration type of viewing. A crossed all ranks players are prone to report the worst performing player on the team. Especially in silver4 or lower. Which are the bulk of the rank population. If the situation is as toxic as you have frequently mentioned. Then the figures of reported incidents would outmatch the numbers of employees by a LARGE MARGIN. It is a stupid move to hire so many employees to manually view replays like you have SUGGESTED. If you think it is simple. Then you are telling me a lot about yourself.
: So what your saying is Riot's whole "we want you to reform, so we ban(/chat restrict) you instantly when the bad behaviour happens, and give you those logs so you can reflect on your actions" Means nothing. Since what your saying implies the above system that Riot has said is the way it's working for years isn't how it works. So the instant feedback system is useless, and can't provide a way to reform, because you literally don't actually see the bad behaviour that leads to the ban.
Then let us hear your suggestion eh? I'm eager to see what wonderful "solution" you have in mind.
: Yeah and people get shamed in youtube videos (rightfully so in my opinion), so why wouldn't that be an issue with youtube videos? Especially since it's a RIOT rule as you said. Just this hasn't been done in the past as far as i'm aware, and i'm kinda curious why this is a thing now.
Riot is in control of contents published by it own source, but has no control over the general domain of public sites. I don't understand why you are having trouble figuring this out.
OCEshots (OCE)
: o.O listen mate twisting words does not change my point stay on topic weirdo. i clearly stated riot seras the world does not revolve around you and they can be considered your rules if you are technically a rep for riot o.O it's not revenge its a simple "hey summoners sorry we think its to hard to police trolls just lose 3LP for having this person in your game" pretty simple but i mean probably a little complicated for a "emissary" of a random boards website.
That is strange, i recall that a certain someone said he would quit this game months ago. > WHY is there no policing on this shit?? "it's hard"? bro you have billions because of this game get your shit together tencent and riot. And on the matter of making money and using it to hand out punishment, you would know about that 1st hand. When you got banned, it is them being unfair. And when you want someone else to get ban, riot is not doing their job. *slow clap. Still the same old OoShotsoO.
: I get you, man,, but it's just frustrating and all, also I would like to point out that riot games the company produces **millions **of profit every year and the simple fact that they only make skins off the player base is understandable but they should also be working on the other champions as well. I'm happy that udyr finally got a skin after 5 years but there are still a lot of other champs that are just outdated, TBH I would rather udyr had gotten his VU instead of this new skin, but that's a little bias since I don't really like the dragon skin line is also just a cheap rip off of his SG skin as well as I don't get the feeling that any of his forms are dragons just based off the skin. to sum it up riot makes a lot of money, why don't they put a few investments in other champs then the most popular ones.
> to sum it up riot makes a lot of money, why don't they put a few investments in other champs then the most popular ones. Because it wont sell well, and the process of creating the 3d model is not cheap.
Grymmix (OCE)
: Sorry for the long reply time, i forget to check these things. It's happened in Draft pick and ranked solo/duo queue. Myself and all of my friends play on windows. Already played multiple games. It's normally once every few days, if i decide to play non stop for an entire day it can happen twice in the same day (seems to be random). I've tried both re install and repair. Haven't tried other regions so idk if it's region based. Any other advise on what i could do would be great. Just a bit of a drag when it happens in ranked queues etc.
Are you using window 7? Sound like an optimize problem.
JYP (OCE)
: He's already provided enough evidence and you're coming up with lame excuses lmao.
Your kind are so easily indoctrinated. Whisper a few words you want to hear, and that is good enough without any short of analytical process involve.
JYP (OCE)
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/M5rRn1ot-fanboys-will-instantly-forgive-riot-again-and-think-they-are-the-best-again-with-the-dzk-issue?fbclid=IwAR1NRu_5q0CaoCz-VmFvwc5I-F1tR7j-hjcWiPmrhnTOLH6Vt6EVGqPe244 Look mate everyone already knows about it and you're the only one in denial. Grow a pair lol
> Look mate everyone already knows about it and you're the only one in denial. Grow a pair lol By everyone, you mean 6 people posted on that thread?
Freesia (OCE)
: Debunked? I have no idea what you're on about, but if people here who agree with me then good I guess they understand the truth. Its facts alright why wouldn't they complain about whats happening at that rotten company. If they were happy then there's no complaints. Those workers have a right to make a complaint, and you're sitting here allowing and enjoying Riot to do these things.
> You being down voted ain't my problem, its just your bias opinions and the community knows about it lol. I never got banned and I can login and add you as a friend to prove you wrong. What other excuses ya got? LOL You can add me on any of your alt accounts at your choosing, and the point still stand. God damn, try to think things through before opening your mouth in a conversation of wit. Also i was talking to Freesia, and you jumping in as though I'm talking to you. I guess this is carelessness on your part, when you cant keep a lie straight.
Freesia (OCE)
: Debunked? I have no idea what you're on about, but if people here who agree with me then good I guess they understand the truth. Its facts alright why wouldn't they complain about whats happening at that rotten company. If they were happy then there's no complaints. Those workers have a right to make a complaint, and you're sitting here allowing and enjoying Riot to do these things.
People? what a joke that is. The so call 'people' is mainly you and your alt accounts. Let me give you the run down of my discoveries, that give substance to my stance. > kamizetvt https://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=kamizetvt My guess is this is your alt account to smurft in bronze rank. > Freesia https://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=Freesia Again, no activity on this account what so ever. > JYP https://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=JYP And what do you know, there is a pattern here. Inactivity again. So why did all these accounts that previously have not posted in the forum, or played any games in ages. All came about in concern for the OP all of a sudden? His friends? perhaps. But why would his friends come to make a case, and the OP remained silent. And all these down and up votes seem to synchronize in a pattern of 8. Am not a gambling man by heart. But if i had to take my chances, i did wager on those votes are coming from the same person using a chain tactic. There is a very high percentage in my mind that you are behind these accounts and votes. Whoever you are. The show is over the moment you are banned. What you can do now is walk away and live life outside of this game.
Freesia (OCE)
: There's no reason to lie about these articles because its true and Riot being a shady company n all. That's already enough proof and I bet Riot paid the affected workers off and told them to keep their mouth shut? Or some dumb ass clause in their contract just like how lol accounts have those clauses.
You are so full of bias from being banned, you have by passed any sense of analytical; To taking any and all sources no matter how unreasonable. Just because those articles exist, doesn't mean it is proven in the court of law. The only exception is the copy right issue. The rest is merely defamation without evidence.
Ornn (OCE)
: hes weak as actual fuck LMFAO beaten by every single top laner and none meta top laner
Yes, he is weak as actual "fuck", and have been beaten by all. "LMFAO"
Freesia (OCE)
: Hey look Riot did retaliate and deleted the post but nice try though but I still have it. Pretty scummy of them to do so, it's like they wanna hide this embarrassing fact. Feels good to have quit this game because I know how shit this company is and I'm now enjoying myself playing Fortnite and Dota 2. Again just how disgusting is this company and my recommendation to current lol players is to quit and play another game. If I was playing a premade game with friends and I drop the N word, the "perfect" IFS will think I'm being toxic and I get banned even though that's how I talk with my friends. Why bother playing this game if Riot games can't punish players who grief or intentionally feed, we are held hostage and can't retaliate to their behaviour. If we message them so we get banned for that, how fucking stupid is Riots justice system seriously. Sometimes you even get banned for literally using the in game chat when you haven't said anything toxic at all. Then you get banned and they expect you to create a new account and spend more money on champions and skins WTF that's some greedy ass money scheme right there!! Btw Korean servers don't punish toxicity, rather they punish scripters and inters. So that means Riot games can't meet quality standards across the board. To be honest I think Riot games will ban you whenever they please and not have a valid reason, as many people have complained, again Riot being a corrupted company. Ya'll can agree Riot is going full greedy mode with skin prices going up, prestige skins, eternals (pay for achievements), event passes, over priced TFT pets. A lawsuit for not asking permission from a soccer player?? LOL client is still bad after 10 years. Dota 2 has bigger prize pools compared to low baller Riot games :), I'll definitely spread the word out that this company and game sucks. I had to dig out all the bad history and linked it below. By the way Riot, why don't you have the courage and talk here face to face, instead of deleting my posts because you know I will keep posting here and on all social feeds such as twitter, instagram, youtube, reddit, facebook and many more. https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/12/top-riot-executive-suspended-without-pay-following-investigation-over-workplace-misconduct/ https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/current-and-former-employees-sue-riot-games-for-gender-discrimination/ https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/02/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games/ https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/07/riot-games-walk-out-sexism-lawsuits-arbitration/ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-14-ex-footballer-edgar-davids-wins-lawsuit-against-league-of-legends-dev-riot-over-lucian-skin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx2g6jlxioQ&t=27s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIE79ehBl4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gszf7c-whGQ https://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/15758-cowsep-i-feel-that-in-general-most-servers-have-pretty-much-nothing-on-korea-i-think-that-korea-s-toxicity-is-a-bit-more-i-want-you-to-lose https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/WLy1zXZB-enjoy-got-punished https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/cpy1gw/the_fact_that_eternals_cost_850rp_is_kind_of/ https://meagan-marie.tumblr.com/post/176788011970/six-months-at-riot-games https://www.resetera.com/threads/six-months-at-riot-games-by-meagan-marie-sexism-racism-homophobia-transphobia-rape-jokes.61002/ https://barryhawkins.com/blog/posts/the-story-of-why-i-left-riot-games/ https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/08/27/former-riot-director-speaks-out-about-toxic-culture-at-league-of-legends-developer https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/09/riot-games-says-it-wants-to-clean-up-its-mess-but-the-people-who-made-it-are-still-there/ https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/6/18069714/league-of-legends-riot-games-sued-gender-discrimination
Nice to know you have so many accounts to use. But try to make an argument instead of repeating links that I've already debunked.
JYP (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=2NPX99dz,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010000000000010004,timestamp=2019-08-21T10:06:30.443+0000) > > 5TH PAGE > > This is a creative issue. For example an Elvis Presley impersonator is using a persona to make money, should they be sue by the family? > > Should all home brand items in the supper market be sue by their original maker? Should all the cooking you tube channels be sue for copying recipes? > > Should everyone be sue for selling their creative art works that resemble someone else, some where in the world? Mate is that why Riot games lost the law suit and end up paying the soccer player? Riot wanted to get away with this and not pay lol but the fair judge knew that Riot was in the wrong knowing they are a greedy ass company. > > This is not an easy subject to delve into > > Cultural differences. I wish I was Korean then because their servers seem better to play on. They know exactly what is the real punishment and not some money grabbing greedy ass like the western servers.
> Mate is that why Riot games lost the law suit and end up paying the soccer player? Riot wanted to get away with this and not pay lol but the fair judge knew that Riot was in the wrong knowing they are a greedy ass company. You've got your ass banned by Riot's judgment, why are you here to make a case if not seeking a change? If what i've said is irrelevant, then all the more that your words is air. > I wish I was Korean then because their servers seem better to play on. They know exactly what is the real punishment and not some money grabbing greedy ass like the western servers. You want to be Korean because the driving force is to play a game. Great wish! This is why people such as you, should hire a representative to speak on your behalf.
: Permanently banned
Hey, the person who has the time to log in roughly 8 different accounts to create a false display. I will give you the obvious award. What a joke, there goes all your credential.
Freesia (OCE)
: How about you to stop being a white knight to Riot gamess because thats pathetic and face the hard facts https://meagan-marie.tumblr.com/post/176788011970/six-months-at-riot-games https://www.resetera.com/threads/six-months-at-riot-games-by-meagan-marie-sexism-racism-homophobia-transphobia-rape-jokes.61002/ https://barryhawkins.com/blog/posts/the-story-of-why-i-left-riot-games/ https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/08/27/former-riot-director-speaks-out-about-toxic-culture-at-league-of-legends-developer https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/09/riot-games-says-it-wants-to-clean-up-its-mess-but-the-people-who-made-it-are-still-there/ https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/6/18069714/league-of-legends-riot-games-sued-gender-discrimination
All you are doing is linking forum post and stories. If things are bad enough to take legal action against sexual harassment, why has none of those sites ever posted a current or the outcome of the lawsuit? Is merely saying it, is good enough now?
kamizetvt (OCE)
: Go ahead mate what you got for me? I would love to see RIot respond to Cosmic Gate's intake, straight up embarrassment and joke of a company. They won't admit these money grabbing schemes.
5TH PAGE > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-14-ex-footballer-edgar-davids-wins-lawsuit-against-league-of-legends-dev-riot-over-lucian-skin This is a creative issue. For example an Elvis Presley impersonator is using a persona to make money, should they be sue by the family? Should all home brand items in the supper market be sue by their original maker? Should all the cooking you tube channels be sue for copying recipes? Should everyone be sue for selling their creative art works that resemble someone else, some where in the world? This is not an easy subject to delve into > https://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/15758-cowsep-i-feel-that-in-general-most-servers-have-pretty-much-nothing-on-korea-i-think-that-korea-s-toxicity-is-a-bit-more-i-want-you-to-lose Cultural differences. > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/cpy1gw/the_fact_that_eternals_cost_850rp_is_kind_of/ Yes they are being greedy and thoughtless. Ignoring the bulk of the players are F2P or low spender. Am with you on this one.
kamizetvt (OCE)
: Go ahead mate what you got for me? I would love to see RIot respond to Cosmic Gate's intake, straight up embarrassment and joke of a company. They won't admit these money grabbing schemes.
4TH PAGE > https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/07/riot-games-walk-out-sexism-lawsuits-arbitration/ > More than 150 employees from Riot Games walked out of the League of Legends publisher's offices in Los Angeles yesterday to **protest forced arbitration and sexist culture**, and say they are prepared to take further action if the company does not commit to meeting their demands by May 16th. What was the arbitration that was forced on them to sign? It did'nt say. What BS are they talking about sexist culture? They think the majority of the people have no wife, Girl friend, mother, daughters, or hate women or something. Wtf is this nonsense. The journalist linked Kotaku, now i know why. Same mentality, convenience "_source_". I can sum up the mentality of these people. They think this is a men vs women world.
kamizetvt (OCE)
: Go ahead mate what you got for me? I would love to see RIot respond to Cosmic Gate's intake, straight up embarrassment and joke of a company. They won't admit these money grabbing schemes.
3RD PAGE >https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/02/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games/ > Throughout her three years at Riot Games, the company behind League of Legends, Lacy made it her mission to hire a woman into a leadership role. Lacy had heard plenty of excuses for why her female job candidates weren’t Riot material. > Some were “ladder climbers”. Others had “too much ego”. Most weren’t “gamer enough”. A few were “too punchy”, or didn’t “challenge convention”, **a motto you can find in Riot’s company manifesto and recruiting materials. ** SAID ALL THAT SHITS. Cant even link any of the company manifesto and recruiting materials. Just left it at that and continue on with nothing but, you guess it. More of their own baseless words. > This story originally appeared in August 2018, and has been republished to commemorate the story and its author winning the digital news award at this year's Writers Guild of America annual ceremony. Yea, let me get this right ok? They gave no proof and the only thing posted with relevancy, is telling me the author has won an award; Therefor i should be willing to believe the person, base on the fact of them winning some contest?? It's like saying a person in Australia with positive security vetting should, at default, be believed based on the prestige of their attainment. What idiotic thinking. This article is a joke. It filled with nothing but far left leaning ideology.
kamizetvt (OCE)
: Go ahead mate what you got for me? I would love to see RIot respond to Cosmic Gate's intake, straight up embarrassment and joke of a company. They won't admit these money grabbing schemes.
2ND PAGE > https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/current-and-former-employees-sue-riot-games-for-gender-discrimination/ > Yesterday, **one current and one former employee of Riot Games filed a class action lawsuit against the League of Legends publisher**, accusing it of endemic gender-based discrimination and fostering a “men-first” environment. They gave a statement yet CANT EVEN SOURCE a name of the ones suing. In America the moment a person decided to go to court, all the information about such case, such as name of the plaintiff GOES PUBLIC. So don't even bull shit about personal protection. No name provide, no case # provide. Nothing! more of their own words. > The **lawsuit alleges **that, “like many of Riot Games’ female employees, Plaintiffs have been denied equal pay and found their careers stifled because they are women. Moreover, Plaintiffs have also seen their working conditions negatively impacted because of the ongoing sexual harassment, misconduct, and bias which predominate the sexually-hostile working environment of Riot Games.” AGAIN, accusation without proof. Just because they are suing, doesn't mean they are in the right, or will win. >** Kotaku’s report revealed** that Riot’s so-called “bro culture” inspires and, in some instances, rewards behaviour that disadvantages women. The 2,500-employee games company,** which is 80% male, regularly turned down female applicants for not fitting the company’s image of “core gamers,” **sources said. Women interviewed also said that Riot’s obsession with “culture fits” reinforced a culture that hired and promoted aggressive male personalities and disadvantaged and harmed female recruits and employees. Again, more BS without hard evidences. It's always, kotaku this and kotaku that. They cant link one source from any other agency other than themselves. Yea "interviewed". oh please! I can say anything i like and also call it an interview. Sadly without any reliable source to back up my claims, it is not trust worthy > One month later, in September, Riot still employed **several of the key alleged perpetrators **of abusive behaviour, including COO Scott Gelb, who was said to have grabbed colleagues’ genitals, another man who allegedly stifled several women’s careers and verbally harassed them, and one other who was said to have had a history of making sexually charged comments or advances toward unwilling female employees. (Gelb did not respond to a request for comment last month.) Riot also brought on Seyfarth Shaw, a law firm that, in the past, was known for its history busting unions. Can you see the trend with this joke of a website now? everything is alleged and baseless defamation.
kamizetvt (OCE)
: Go ahead mate what you got for me? I would love to see RIot respond to Cosmic Gate's intake, straight up embarrassment and joke of a company. They won't admit these money grabbing schemes.
1ST PAGE I'll tackle each and everyone of those articles one by one. Starting with > https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/12/top-riot-executive-suspended-without-pay-following-investigation-over-workplace-misconduct/ > Earlier this week, Riot’s CEO sent an email to employees describing the punishment its COO, Scott Gelb, will face after multiple employees **_alleged _** that, as a comedy bit, he has repeatedly touched subordinates’ balls or butt or farted in their faces. Do you understand what the word ALLEGE stand for? In mean accusation WITHOUT PROOF. So this Kotaku website started with baseless accusation and built their whole argument around it. GREAT JOB! Too bad in the court of law all of this is hearsay, unless the accusers is willing to come forward and give a formal testimony. All of this is DEFAMATION. Source-less DEFAMATION. > An eight-month Kotaku investigation, informed by interviews with dozens of current and former employees, revealed that Riot Games has fostered a culture of sexism. They've linked those investigations to THEIR OWN SOURCE? who the fuck does that? They are playing trial, jury and executioner all in one. Not even a fair rebuttal, all one sided bashing to further their own narrative. LOOK THROUGH IT, EVERY LINKS IS LINKED TO THEIR OWN "KOTAKU" SOURCE. This is like communist china's trial, they have a 99.99% conviction rate. Corruption and power play. What a joke mate.
kamizetvt (OCE)
: tribunal was more accurate btw, you haven't done your research have you? seems like riot has some greedy measures to own our accounts, compared to other companies. I can literally list a lot of complaints of bad articles that points out civil issues within the company and outsiders too. Hurt or not this is the fucking internet, get over it lol and embarrassingly this is the only game that does that. Might as well play like a dam robot and not communicate at all, or risk your account to be banned if you message in game. It's at your own risk lol and I would be afraid to play this game knowing that I will get banned for not being toxic in chat.
> I can literally list a lot of complaints of bad articles that points out civil issues within the company and outsiders too List it then. I'll read through it and we will go from there. > Hurt or not this is the fucking internet, get over it lol and embarrassingly this is the only game that does that. The context of hurt is subjective. I can say a lot of things about you right now, and the conversation would turn sour really quick; Am sure i can hurt your feeling and you wont get over it. > It's at your own risk lol and I would be afraid to play this game knowing that I will get banned for not being toxic in chat. The keyword here is "I".
Ornn (OCE)
: Here riot I did your job for you
JLopean (OCE)
: wow, I think you totally missed the point I was trying to make , simply put; if you lose because of factors outside your control -> you should not lose points.
There are a lot of factors that are outside of one's control. But they are merely a bump in the road when facing a person with reasonable abilities. > but you can see what an easy fix this would be and how not everyone gets punished * so simple This is not an easy fix. It's only easy if you don't think in depth of all the problems it will bring. So please give me your solution of an easy fix, and ill open your eyes to how complex it can be.
JLopean (OCE)
: Why is riot fueling the toxic culture ?
You might want to play other games that are less competitive. In environment such as this you'll get all sorts of negative; Arranging from anger to grieving, or even joy in seeing the suffering of others. Just as it is unreasonable to ask for a smooth road in life, it is also under the same effect to ask for a free toxicity zone on the internet. If that were to happen, then most of us can only lies about how we feel. > Why not have the afk person lose lp but the team doesnt. i dont mind that the winning team gets thefull winning LP, but you can see what an easy fix this would be and how not everyone gets punished * so simple Because of potential abuse or group bullying for the worst performing player to quit. > I dodge, because i actually want to climb or just have a good game. What does Riot do? they punish the normal player just wanting to have a good game. Again fueling the toxic culture. Again, such a simple fixe would solve this Rank is scale on a MMR system. It mean your silver rank is low enough to be with those iron players. Or vice versa. And by toxic culture, what do you mean by it? Are you a saint and haven't insulted anyone in your life time?
: Riot OCE Internships?
Programmer position is a maybe, but any creative field is over in the main branch. Over here i think their responsibilities is bug fixing and customer service related events for the region.
: mark wtf you dont understand dyslicksique
That is a mental illness right? You cant visually form words in your mind, so it is harder for you to correctly see the right spelling?
: ADD MORE EMOTE SLOT PLS
I think you are mistaken LoL with a social media platform... We really don't need that many during gameplay.
: But he isn't wrong though, ijs.
> But he isn't wrong though, ijs. What does ijs mean? He isn't right either. The guy is splitting people into groups using a simple and substandard stereotype view. He is using himself to represent the conservative's group, as though he is the epitome of the conservative's mentality. And whoever against **his **"group" view is a liberal. The world is not that simple.
Yizus (NA)
: You only get bans if you say specific words that set off liberals. So stop talking like a conservative and you will be fine. ROFL
Such a simple view on how things work. You sound like an NPC.
kowizzle (OCE)
: Tired of the punishment system
: Well, if we're strictly speaking really early game, yeah, Yasuo has no chance.
Yas chances are slim, even in late game. Diana's rotation of Q proc>W>R>Sheen proc>R>Sheen proc, with enough items in her slots, she can 1 combo rotation the Yas. Yas cant even out play with E, due to Diana's E. This is a bad match up for Yasuo when it come to 1v1. Laning phrase is about equal before lv 6. After that, as yas, you need to play for cs and look for advantages such as, when she waste her Q to farm and you are in a position to all in, your jungler is near by, you have more HP to all in, ETC... But overall, Diana DPS output is too much to live through, even when you are building Hex drinker, Diana can easily use Zhonas to dodge your Ult and wait for her cdr. Am using 6items case with both champ, and equal skill level by the way.
: Gambling is predatory by nature. It is entirely how the industry makes money. Gambling with a semblance of control is that much more enticing, and therefore that much more problematic. This has been introduced to the game and people have a problem with that. You are evidently not one of those people, but just because *you* are not affected by a problem, does not mean it isn't one. I'm not starving to death in a poor community, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen and shouldn't be addressed. I don't struggle with a gambling addiction but that doesn't mean that people don't. In my opinion, a simple paywall is far less predatory than psychologically tricking people into spending more money they should or sometimes can afford. As a side note, religion can be predatory, and so can pretty much any form of insurance. To deny that would be frankly naive. There are plenty of religions that help people, and there are also cults that ruin people's lives. Etc.
> This has been introduced to the game and people have a problem with that. You are evidently not one of those people, but just because you are not affected by a problem, does not mean it isn't one. As with all things gambling, it's only a problem if they don't get what they want. The rarer the skin, the more prestige it give owning one. > I don't struggle with a gambling addiction but that doesn't mean that people don't. This is beyond a normal case now. Now you are referring to troubled individuals with addicted personality. They will face many challenges in life, and spending habit on collectable is just one out of many; An intervention is their only recourse. In any sense, a lot of things that are normal to the majority is a struggle for them. Therefor this is a special case with it own rules. > In my opinion, **a simple paywall is far less predatory** than psychologically tricking people into spending more money they should or sometimes can afford. Yes, that is correct. However, if you take this concept of adult should be held responsible for their own action. Then it is ultimately their choice to make. In Australia we have addict's hotline, and free council available. But why does the problem persist? Because unless the person themselves see it as a problem, they will NEVER SEEK HELP. That mild form of 'predatory' exist everywhere. When you go to the supermarket to shop for your weekly grocery, but end up buying products you don't really need in the near future; Since it's on sale, might as well stock up. Similar with these pixels that people are buying. It's not an investment, it is merely a desire. They are buying the satisfaction of owning it; And it will tell them the 'logic and sense' they want to hear. **You shouldn't baby proof the world and treat the predominance group as the few. Just as you don't treat a healthy, and ailing person the same way.** > As a side note, religion can be predatory, and so can pretty much any form of insurance. To deny that would be frankly naive. There are plenty of religions that help people, and there are also cults that ruin people's lives. Etc. again, same concept as above.
: Hey, I'm not going to get heated over this, a lot of what you said just then doesn't seem to relate to what I said, so I'm not going to go into that. All I'm saying is: What you said previously reads as _"it wasn't a predatory business model because the things it's selling are just 'wants', not 'requirements'."_ I'm just adding a counter argument to that, by saying that 90% of what we all buy are just 'wants' not 'requirements'. Gambling/Alcahol etc are 'wants' not 'needs' but would you call that a non-predatory industry? Riot knows people want these things, and they know how to make them pay lots of money to get it. That seems predatory to me. Yes we all have a choice. But thats what predatory strategies do, they put a lot of pressure on people to make the choice the company wants.
> Hey, I'm not going to get heated over this, a lot of what you said just then doesn't seem to relate to what I said, so I'm not going to go into that. All I'm saying is: Hmm, i thought you were talking about the varieties of purchases in life that gave us small gratification. And comparing it to the OP's case. My post's point was to make clear that the two situations is different in their nature. > What you said previously reads as "it wasn't a predatory business model because the things it's selling are just 'wants', not 'requirements'." I'm just adding a counter argument to that, by saying that 90% of what we all buy are just 'wants' not 'requirements'. Ok, let me make this very clear. **A paywall is a predatory system**, it locked contents behind money in the form of, restricting access, needing powerful characters in order to be competitive; An Example of the most well know case we have today, is EA FIFA series. League of legend have COSMETICS, **IT DOES NOT AFFECT GAME PLAY! **It is not predatory in NATURE. As it is **ENTIRELY OPTIONAL** and **useless competitively**. > Gambling/Alcahol etc are 'wants' not 'needs' but would you call that a non-predatory industry? Are you seriously going to link addiction into this just so you can have a case? Why not call religion predatory too, next up is public transport, then car insurance, and so on, until your definition is satisfy. > Yes we all have a choice. But thats what predatory strategies do, they put a lot of pressure on people to make the choice the company wants. **THE GAME IS FREE TO PLAY DUDE**. How else can they make money if they don't sell COSMETICS. How can you call it predatory? Because those pretties are not free is that it? Free is the keyword here isn't it. Run any company through your business model and i can almost guaranty a 90% rate of bankruptcy.
: > These things are what you fancy. Not a requirement. They don't affect game play, it is but a vanity decoration. Well, I don't know about you of course, but personally, I don't live in a bland grey box, or eat the same standard meals every day. My wardrobe doesn't have rows and rows of nothing but grey jumpsuits. Thats all I need to survive right? Food/water, shelter, warm clothes, etc. Anything else is just unnecessary vanity right? I don't neeeeed that shirt, but I like Green Lantern, and i'm happy to spend an extra $5 to have a Green Lantern shirt instead of a plain grey one. I don't neeeeed the new Hawaiian McDonald's burger, but i'm happy to spend $3 to eat that for a change, instead of plain boiled potatoes. I don't neeeeed to watch TV, or play games, or wear different colour underpants every now and then. But I do. And I assume, you do as well. _____________________ I spend a lot more time playing league than I do staring at the little picture of a boat on the wall. So if I'm looking at league for 4+ hours a day, what's wrong with making it look a little nicer? I am after all, spending a LARGE chunk of the day in that space. What do you think is money better spent? New looks and effects for the champions I play literally every single day for hours and hours. Or the little picture of a boat I see for 15 seconds when I hop out of the shower? People want to be individuals, they want to express themselves in the way they want to. Some people do it through clothing, some people do it through makeup, some people do it through digital avatars. It's all 'unnecessary vanity'. But clearly it's something that humanity is drawn to, or else we wouldn't have been making 'unnecessary' things like art, music and nicer clothing, for thousands of years. So drawing on an inner desire that mankind has had for all of recorded history, does seem like a pretty solid business model to me. _____________________ The people who do live in a world with nothing but the necessities, are usually called prisoners, and it's supposed to be a punishment.
> Thats all I need to survive right? Food/water, shelter, warm clothes, etc. **Anything else is just unnecessary vanity right**? What do you mean by anything else? If those are accessories, decorations and the like; Are you asking for those pretty trinkets free of charge, and the least amount endeavor as possible? If the acquisition of such items are NOT defended by a tall wall called effort. Then it cease to become meaningful, people would be inclined to not pay anything. After all, why pay for something so easily obtain; The face value of such an item would be common and cheap. Not a worthy display. You are comparing complains about a hard to obtain item with reasonable value, to cheap 3-5$ goods that is in abundance. Are you making a case that, those things the OP have asked for should be reduce down to that level of accessibility? > People want to be individuals, they want to express themselves in the way they want to. Some people do it through clothing, some people do it through makeup, some people do it through digital avatars. It's all 'unnecessary vanity'. But clearly it's something that humanity is drawn to, or else we wouldn't have been making 'unnecessary' things like art, music and nicer clothing, for thousands of years. Yes, and they spend money to have access to these splurges. The key word here is MONEY. Without an economy that reward talent with riches, our society would not be prosperous. Just as the game has provided you with 2 choices. You can BUY using the money you've worked for. Or, you can obtain them using the hours playing game. Either way, you are spending those hours of your life as payment. It's up to you to decide which of the 2 is more effective. > The people who do live in a world with nothing but the necessities, are usually called prisoners, and it's supposed to be a punishment. Man, you are comparing a case of situational destitute to people playing game, and complaining about the pretty little pixels that is too hard to get. You can't even put them in the same light. One is EXTREMELY DIRE, and the other is greed.
: I don't know man, you have a history of fabricating stories to fit your narrative. How can you assure me of what you are saying this time is any different?
Dude, you're lv31, spamming normal, bots, and ARAM games. Why are you putting me on trial? Can't you see how many accolades i have over years of playing this game? If anything i have more substance to my argument, all you have is dismissive langue dressed as reasoning.
: just another predatory business model capitalising on the FOMO on "exclusive" items phenomenon. create system that you know the average player will struggle to complete without substantially increasing playtime. sell entry to said system. make deadline to purchase extra tokens longer than the deadline to earn them. bundle said tokens to other crap in the store so people have to spend ridiculous amounts. watch as weak minded people spend $60 or more just for a chroma or icons, or to get the "prestige" skin they fell a few hundred tokens short for, which they have already basically paid for via the pass. copy paste every 2months. genius.
I don't know if you guys are able to differentiate between need, and want. These things are what you fancy. Not a requirement. They don't affect game play, it is but a vanity decoration. > predatory business model Would be contents that are more to the side of pay to win. Like Gacha type games; Where pulling for super rare and powerful characters affect game play.
Ornn (OCE)
: there is no proper reason you get 14day banned for telling someone to go kill themselves no argument so whya r the people saying it to me going unpunished......
I don't know man, you have a history of fabricating stories to fit your narrative. How can you assure me of what you are saying this time is any different?
Ornn (OCE)
: ***
Oh? are we not on the same server? I didn't know ARAM was hosted differently. So are you making a case that ARAM players are nicer than rank players? It's funny when you have nothing to add to this conversation but, go away, be silent. That demonstrated something to me, that you have no proof or a logical argument to make. Am sure you know of people who are unreasonable in a conflict. What they will do is, yell at you, then when it is your turn to let your case be known; The typical respond is GO AWAY, SHUT UP. Is that what you want to be?
lotusGOD (OCE)
: I don't make any such claim - and at what point do I blame others? How few lines in were your conclusions drawn? Please point out all of these disgusting words you refer to.
>I don't make any such claim - and at what point do I blame others? > * **we're** passionate about something, **we're going to get emotional**, and we're going to say shit and do shit we don't mean * Riot Games** has taken their "safe environment ethos" too far. Their terms and conditions is** now a violation of your freedom of expression.** * in a game in which **every player** has the ability to mute unwanted communications with a single click - should **exercising your** freedom of speech and expression really be a permanently bannable offense? > How few lines in were your conclusions drawn? I read all of it. > Please point out all of these disgusting words you refer to. **disguising**, not disgusting. You veiled your sentiment using passion and human right ethos, but the truth remain at selfish reasoning. You merely want support from others, hence you uses inclusive term such as WE, to hide your personal projection from the viewing eyes. As long as it is WE, it is not 'me'; Therefor acting on behalf of the group and not for personal vendetta. This is the image that you are trying to sell. The banner that you are trying to rally under is no more than a victim hood mentality. If you had been wrongfully punished, that is a call to action. But when you know full well of what your are doing, and what at stakes; Yet did it any way then dressed it up as political agenda, it's rather pathetic. The kind that ignored all the signs and only complain when things goes wrong. Where were your voice in the issue before all of this? Not like you were the 1st to be struck, does it only matter now that you got hit? > I don't make any such claim Your implication of the matter is the claim. Even though you are trying to be cunning about it. > In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive. That is funny, are you thinking in depth when you swear at those players? Or do you like to use decorative words to hide your true intention. Why don't you post your chat log eh? Let see if you put much thought in your insults, or pure rage.
Joxy (OCE)
: Riot Games violate human rights by advocating social justice warrior ideology
Freedom of speech is a right to express your opinions on an issue. It's not there so you can throw profanity at others without care. Am seeing a lot of disguising words at hand here. You make yourself out to be passionate and all caring, then shift the blame to everyone else. You have all the making of a typical far left leaning individual.
WiFilter (OCE)
: old data doesnt even make sense..... old players left, the player base is now attended to casual or new players... what i need is season 9 data, and you have none
...Why don't i point out all the flaws in your thought process eh? [snip] > old data doesnt even make sense..... old players left, the player base is now attended to casual or new players... Old data is a indicator of where you were, and how far you have come along. Everything in between is a display of progress, stagnation, and diminishing statistics. By looking at past events, one can understand the contributing factors to success and failure. If you claimed "old players" have left, and yet provided no statistic of HOW MANY in comparison to the whole; No one in their right mind can take you seriously. You have no information of past and current. Yet CONTRADICTED yourself by saying. > **old players left**, the **player base is now attended to casual or new players** what i need is** season 9 data**, and you have none... You need season 9 data? _Don't you have it already?_ on your 2nd line of text, you've claimed to know the current population's situation; Now, one cant make such a claim without information right? All am asking is a week worth of information collecting. Not a month, not a year, not two year, A WEEK. Can you do it or not? All your words so far is merely falsifying facts for theatrical purposes.
WiFilter (OCE)
: same can be apply to you, i dont believe ur main is only playing arams...if so all your bullshit doesnt apply since you dont even play to know the situation
A lot accusations is going on with that one comment there. Do you think am afraid of speaking out? So much so, that i would use your tactic? If you have any analytical skill at all, you wouldn't have arrived at that conclusion. Check out my LOL's history from season 2 up til now. If your conclusion is still the same, then i would pity you. > if so all your bullshit doesnt apply since you dont even play to know the situation What make you think you know the situation better? Evidently, you are in hiding; And for all the finger pointing, you have not display any credible supporting info. If the problem are in abundance as you have claimed, then it should be no problem to collect 1 week worth of statistical data. Right? In the instance of you don't know how to form a portfolio to represent your case; Reply here and I'll walk you through it.
WiFilter (OCE)
: dont mind him..hes always defensive on this type of topics....regardless
Rich words, coming from a guy that post using his alias account.
: > [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=MGYb0THk,comment-id=00010000000000000003000000040000,timestamp=2019-07-01T11:23:59.509+0000) > > After actually looking it up, you are in fact correct. I didn't learn the term from League, and it was colloquial slang to begin with. Certainly, in some games it has become synonymous with alt account, which can definitely be misleading. I shall have to revise my wording in future it seems. so u are just too stupid to understand why are they smurfing or boosting
The tendency to seek approval from others using superiority display is a commonality in us all. But at what point does it become too much to bear? Perhaps in cases where a reward of value is involve, the act of smurfing can be seen as an exploitation. I don't know the context behind your outrage, but if you are referencing solo Q. The incentive for them to do so, is driven by emotional enthusiasm, short and not long term. The chances of you encountering enough of these players to 'gate keep' you from reaching silver is REALLY, REALLY LOW. You see, the different between a booster and a smurf is separated by a thin line. The big factor lie in the fact the booster aim is to reach a certain rank. While the smurf is merely playing a few games to get his dopamine kick going. Banning or even attempting to ban these players on the charge of corrupting the ranking is tricky business. How often are they playing?, are they breaking any rules? such as boosting, and importantly how can the system know for sure this player is a smurf?, someone level a new account to play rank, is that a bannable offense? Things are not so simple as it is for you to say, ban, and that is that. Lots of proof checking are needed.
Ornn (OCE)
: i agree with you i can only play around the times that normals draft is not on so 1am-9am and all i see are players with none english names that troll feed int an flame and its getting beyond a joke
Can you provide more details? Which game mode, why are they feeding, and your match history. Having these information would prove useful when searching for an answer.
Ornn (OCE)
: ***
> [REMOVED] Does that make my statement less effective? Am not calling him a lair, I'm simply asking for attestation to the claim. When he is using 'we' as a rallying cry, wouldn't it add weight to his assertion if there were some sort of data? Unless you think trial by public opinion is the way to go about solving the issue. No proof, no process, just accusation and condemnation?
: Chinese rampancy needs to be dealt with - ASAP
Draft a list and start collecting supporters. "We" is a hollow term without proof of unity.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=u4IgxNzd,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-01T07:54:05.512+0000) > > I'll address each of those in order. You cant show, because you don't have it. All you have is your personal experiences, and you are imposing it on everyone else. > > Statistic is a form of collective data, in which the observer can view and speculate the flux of positive and negative to get an understanding of the changes. Without such a crucial information, your claim is as good as an opinion. All talk. > > The negative experience is no where near your description. Out of 7 matches, i MIGHT get one guy who talk too much and get agitated too quickly. But overall, normal. > > Riot is a gaming company NOT a psychology clinic. What position are they in to force anything on their player base?! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink! > > We already have a system! And i hate to repeat myself to such a blatantly ignorant question, one that deliberately by pass what i have already mentioned. So go back and read what I've wrote. > > You don't know anything about operating a company. Why assume so much? Your arrogant is doing all the talking for you, but sadly it cant think very effectively. > > It's funny how you pretend to know the problem, yet you cant produce even the lowest quality of an answer. Why is that? > > This is noise you are making. No evidence or even a resemblance of such a thing, and yet you keep projecting your view as fact. Sorry this post isn't for you personally to understand where I'm coming from. Hence the reason I don't give a fuck about producing "evidence" to prove shit. Riot already have the evidence. Stop trying to down play that there is a fucked up problem in OCE. Your ignorance is almost the same as Riots. Yes Riot is not a psychology clinic, I didn't claim it to be. Read what I fucken said " Riot "ARE" in a position to persuade or encourage...". Obviously you haven't been through much of the bullshit most of us have been through. So this post isn't for you. In other words, go back to General Chat or where ever the fuck it is you spend your time. While you're at it, do you understand that its better for business, for Riot to have toxic players buying shit from their stores, than it is to have toxic players banned and not buying. You really think you're the only one that knows how business operates zzz.
> Obviously you haven't been through much of the bullshit most of us have been through Using inclusive langue, yet only speaking from within; You might be able to fool newbies with that sale pitch. But man oh man, it's kinda hard to buy into it, when all you have is words and nothing else. > Stop trying to down play that there is a fucked up problem in OCE. Stop **exaggerating **for attention. > Read what I fucken said " Riot "ARE" in a position to persuade or encourage...". I've read what you said, and my point remained. You can't stop someone who don't care about the consequences. > While you're at it, do you understand that its better for business, for Riot to have toxic players **buying shit from their stores**, than it is to have toxic players banned and** not buying**. With a mind set like that, it is no wonder you can create such an absurd demand in the 1st place. Can't provide statistic OF ANY KIND. Then continue to bring up numerical reasoning. To add on an ounce of logic, if Riot didn't ban toxic players, then the majority of their clientele would QUIT BY NOW. Or are you willing to argue the majority of the players now are a pernicious bunch; And only people like you are the few remaining good guys? Could it be. You have the details of players that should've been ban, but didn't due to their expenditure in the game? Go ahead and give proof. It's getting rather tiresome for me to look at your imagination. > You really think you're the only one that knows how business operates zzz. Oh? If you claim to understand how business work. Why can't you understand that it would be bad for business if undesirable situations persist; And it would be best for continuation's sake to solve the issue asap? If the situation you've describe is REALITY, the game would been shut down due to ethical negligence ages ago. Ever heard of Duty of care? My definition of toxic, and your must be totally opposite. Give me an insight of what you deem as toxic.
Show more

TheDemonEmperor

Level 101 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion