Arsom (OCE)
: KILLERTOAST949 is the name of the url in imaqtpie's youtube channel.
right, but anyone could just create an account with that name, that is why I want to see this guy play from a replay, because his games seem to be too consistently lucky to be legitimate.
: Discussion about 23 kda + 100% winrate on twitch jungle KILLERTOAST949
I was able to achieve his cs rate through jungle by farming non stop as quick as possible with unlimited health and mana (8 cs per min). I was ALMOST able to achieve his gold at a set time (20 mins) by adding 10k gold in the training tool... he still had more. Now this is my account which plays 5v5 flex with a whole team designed to keep me alive and funnel as much gold as possible into me. https://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=transcender
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Looks like you don’t need any help you are winning all your games anyway and doing very well!
That is with the protect the twitch team comp who are making it their goal to feed the twitch as much gold as they can. The jungler we had currently has a fried PC so until he can buy a new one we will be looking out for anyone who is willing to fill in the position. The zilean top is also a rare gem to find.
Rioter Comments
: Looking for some help reaching plat (currently g2 adc main)
Do what I did if you want to reach plat: 1. Get the best carry stats in the world for a few seasons as adc and never make it passed gold 2. Play a champion in mid lane that everyone else plays as support for a month. 3. Enjoy plat 1
: DONT EVER DO THIS RIOT
Are you afraid of being judged by your own performance instead of others? Everyone is forced to ride on the backs of others and then they have a right to complain when it doesn't work in their favour.
Gehirn (OCE)
: KDAs is correct. The team behind ranked 2019 recently made a post about upcoming changes to positional ranked in the regions that are testing it. You can read about it [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/8sVyEEQ5-ranked-2019-dev-update-1).
When will the solo performance based ranking system be tested?
Astaraela (OCE)
: > Here is something that I don't think anyone else will tell you: > > You are only 20% responsible for your team losing the game. I'm sure that isn't accurate. Team game, yes. Totally carryable, also yes. While you cannot win every single game, imagine someone who is toxic and flames and loses. He had more than a 20% impact on his team.
Of course, I never referenced impact in my post. Everyone has all different impacts in each game ranging from -100% to 100%. But every player shares 20% of the responsibility of the outcome on their team. "Totally carryable" is only possible if your team is doing enough to allow you to carry. This game isn't designed to be carried in a 1v5 fashion unless the enemy team is severely lacking in experience and mechanics, let alone a 1v9 where your teammates are hindering your own ability to carry.
: its just repeatedly getting destroyed and knowing that I'm the reason we lost is really tilting and IDK if I can actually bare to play enough for my mmr to be lowered but thanks for the help anyway
Here is something that I don't think anyone else will tell you: You are only 20% responsible for your team losing the game. Make no mistake, this is a team game, that takes into consideration the efforts of every player on both teams. If you enjoy the game only when you are winning, then I got some bad news for you. Not even challenger players have a 100% win rate in the lowest mmr while smurfing. If you feel like you are the one letting the team down, I would recommend trying to learn where the safety zones are of each champion, not so much trying to contest the lane so much as to try and survive it with minimal deaths. If you are not feeding the enemy, then they are on pretty equal ground with the rest of your team, then from there you can play a much more pleasant game.
: *So lets have a look at the tenacity we can get and what it would do to a maxed out 3s Morgana Q bind* **Unflinching** (10-20% + 15%) + **Legend: Tenactiy** (5-30%) Min = 1 - (0.95) = **5% Tenacity** | *2.85s* Max = 1 - (0.8 x 0.85 x 0.7) = **52.4% Tenacity** | *1.428 s* Add **Mercury's Treads** (30%) Max = 1 - (0.8 x 0.85 x 0.7 x 0.7) = **66.68 Tenacity** | *0.9996 s* Add **Elixir of Iron (25%)** *additive stack with passive Unflinching* Max = 1 - (0.55 x 0.85 x 0.7 x 0.7) = **77.0925 Tenacity** | *0.687225 s* So **77% Tenacity** on any champion that can take **Resolve + Precision** is possible. Now lets add situational items/summoner spells... Add **Sterak's Gage** (30%) *additive stack with mercury's treads* Max = 1 - (0.55 x 0.85 x 0.7 x 0.4) = **86.91 Tenacity** | *0.3927 s* Add **Cleanse** (65%) Max = 1 - (0.55 x 0.85 x 0.7 x 0.4 x 0.35) = **95.4185 Tenacity** | *0.137445 s* That seems like plenty of Tenacity to me... Sadly, even when stacking Tenacity, **the duration of any crowd control is hard capped at a minimum of 0.5 seconds**. *I don't know how Legend: Tenacity works I assumed multiplicity but it may be additive with some other things...* http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Tenacity
That is excluding champion abilities such as Mundo W. I have that kind of tenacity build with twitch where I get up to around 70%+ tenacity. This makes {{champion:75}} sad. Keeping in mind that my build usually result in approximately 40-50% lifesteal, heavy dps with armour penetration and health based damage. Combined with runaans and twitch ultimate as well as something like a kayle ult or taric ult. Pentakills are just another day at the office.
belquin (OCE)
: Yep, they are primarily based in the US. I think the best way to contribute ideas is to message the Rioters on twitter, contribute to threads on reddit, post in the comments on Ask Riot etc. We look at all those channels :)
Tried to convey my idea on the Gameplay+ thread and it got denied pretty quickly. I have been trying to convey ideas for quite some time now to no effect. Had some long in depth discussions with Marauder during his time as a rioter and he even tried coaching me for a while. I guess I just see the mathematics of the game differently to everyone else. I think it is well passed the time I stopped trying. Thanks anyway
: Obviously I can't comment on the global numbers and to be honest the global numbers aren't something I focus on; my priority is Oceania. I'm interested to understand how you feel the game is doing based on your experience here in Oceania. How do you find queue times, is your social circle still playing league, etc. Number are numbers but what I really care about is the player experience being an enjoyable one!
If it was up to my experience to determine how the game was doing, the game would be dead. I have pretty much stopped playing altogether since what I think the core problems of the system are have never been adjusted. I believe that is not an area you could provide anything on and I am just one individual with an idea of what the game should be in my head that 99% of people oppose. At the end of the day this is a thread designed to give riot's input on regional based affairs. My questions probably can't be answered by any of the staff in OCE. If you could direct me to the ranked system research and development team that I could pitch some ideas to that would be fantastic.
: Cool as Iron people seem rare :) guess u can only see them on bronze
Not sure why they didn't go with tin or copper, those are the pre requisites to bronze, runescape 101. Iron is a level up from bronze.
belquin (OCE)
: Hey Darkshade918 Tough question - I feel like you are trying to get a point across, and I hear you - the system isn't perfect. I don't directly work on the team who develops this function, but from my experience in game, I've generally had a really good response rate (report of a player leading to action and feedback report to me) for players who are actually ruining games. Its something that we will keep working on refining over time; thanks for bringing it up, it shows us that its something important to you and I'm personally very aligned with ensuring that this system is in a good place for the enjoyment of players.
The system's development team would be situated in the US I am guessing? Would be interesting to know. In fact while we are on the subject, would any of you know who would be best to try and get in contact with about some of my ideas for the future development of the ranked system?
: > [{quoted}](name=Transcender,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=Bftw2OAw,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-04T21:57:28.148+0000) > > Why do you guys think this game is dying? Hello there! Let me flip the question back on you if you don't mind - what makes you feel like the game is dying? Thanks!
2016 - 100 million player base 2017 - 81 million player base 2018 - ? - according to the same site no data was released. Businesses don't usually reveal data to their customers when it isn't in their favour. Bad for business.
Gehirn (OCE)
: OCE Rioter Q&A - (Group 1 of 3)
Why do you guys think this game is dying?
: did u complain people dodge when they get autofilled then say u dodge when u get autofilled? That's so hypocritical. And also whenever anyone gives a suggestion u say how bad it is. Just dont go on boards if your gonna do this
I didn't complain about people dodging, I complain about why people feel the need to dodge, which is because of the autofill system that is making queue times way longer than they need to be. If it instead gave people the choice of whether they want only a primary choice, or a secondary choice as well, or they wanted to be autofilled if they want to get into a game fastest. It would eliminate being forced into something you never asked for that affects the rank on your profile. Season 9 it looks like they are going to half fix the autofill system by giving each role a seperate rank. That means that people won't have to dodge but they won't be playing for their highest rank either. The problem with this method is that if people don't care about their lower ranked roles, they are still going to dodge(even more so since their secondary role would have a seperate rank), and the LP loss will directly affect that role instead of their main one. So there won't really be any other penalty except a time penalty for dodging. There are multiple solutions to these problems. It is a shame I don't have the money to create my own game or buy riot.
: >Twitch and amumu are the only champions that have any referral to me as they are in the ultimate team comp, care to explain why you put the others in there? Think harder and look at yourself. The answer will come. Or not
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=000500000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T06:33:33.018+0000) > > Think harder and look at yourself. The answer will come. Or not The only thing I can come up with is you are using the bad characteristics of each champion to try and insult me? I find it funny that you would put gragas in parentheses as if he was an equation inside of the equation (being fat counting as 2 or more etc)
: >I do have merit to show for it. You just don't understand how that merit applies. **You have streaks of failures.** 1. Failed to form a team to climb. 2. Failed to climb to challenger, or any Esport worthy rank; On any of your accounts. 3. Failed to win any tournament in League, a game you are so desperate to get a job in. ** 6 YEARS!!** **OUTCOME **= **??** >One has to be seen as being miles ahead by others before they are considered so by others. This right here, speak for itself on how your thinking process work. > My perception of my skill from a gameplay point of view could be bias, but from a statistical point of view. I am being convinced that I am in fact quite ahead. The only ones you've convinced is yourself, your mother, and your cousin; Quite frankly, the majority isnt buying your notions. Why? because we're not bound by familial ties, and see the BS for what it is. You fancy yourself as an intellectual, but boy, oh boy. {{champion:29}} +{{champion:36}} +{{champion:119}} +{{champion:32}}+( {{champion:79}} ) = Transcender/WhitePuma.
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=0005000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T03:51:18.958+0000) > > **You have streaks of failures.** > 1. Failed to form a team to climb. Wrong > 2. Failed to climb to challenger, or any Esport worthy rank; On any of your accounts. I have already given you information on how the system works. > 3. Failed to win any tournament in League, a game you are so desperate to get a job in. havn't had a team together competent and for long enough to be a strong competitor in a tournament. > ** 6 YEARS!!** **OUTCOME **= **??** > This right here, speak for itself on how your thinking process work. Sweet, so you fully understand the system and how it functions and why everything is the way it is now? > The only ones you've convinced is yourself, your mother, and your cousin; Quite frankly, the majority isnt buying your notions. Why? because we're not bound by familial ties, and see the BS for what it is. I didn't convince my cousin, he knew about it before I even started playing the game. > You fancy yourself as an intellectual, but boy, oh boy. > > {{champion:29}} +{{champion:36}} +{{champion:119}} +{{champion:32}}+( {{champion:79}} ) = Transcender/WhitePuma. Twitch and amumu are the only champions that have any referral to me as they are in the ultimate team comp, care to explain why you put the others in there?
: >Pretty sure we are talking all factors into consideration. The human element.
The human element doesn't change the equation at all. Everyone is still 1/5 of their team in every game and the condition is binary. The contribution of 1/5 variables will always be 20% of the contribution regardless of what values they bring to the total. Anything else you think I am missing that I need to explain?
: What is we? your factors or whatever numbers you have put up. The thought process behind it, is so basic; Without any trial and errors, no data at all! How did you ever arrived at the conclusion of a working formula, is something only you will know. You talks alot about being a capable person "Challenger material, brilliant plans, ETC"... reality check, you dont have any merrit to shown for it. Did you know that high achievers when they are little boy, they are already miles ahead of their peers; Skipping several grades. The thing about talent is, those who are gifted get there faster, and often 1st in their field. Therfore they made more money, have more influence ETC... Your history in league is evidences enough, that you DO NOT have the qualification to stand above the rest. But you keep on insisting that the system some how pulled you down; And those who are at the top, get there by a privilege bridge. I might get a strike for this, but this is the truth. You demean everyone else's achievements to bring yourself up.
> [{quoted}](name=TheDemonEmperor,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=00050000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T01:40:01.845+0000) > > What is we? your factors or whatever numbers you have put up. The thought process behind it, is so basic; Without any trial and errors, no data at all! How did you ever arrived at the conclusion of a working formula, is something only you will know. We as in Zeatious and myself. I have posted the formula multiple times as well as linked the statistical data sheet directing showing the relative stats of the players in each game and how they have affected the winrates relative to their teams stats. > You talks alot about being a capable person "Challenger material, brilliant plans, ETC"... reality check, you dont have any merrit to shown for it. I do have merit to show for it. You just don't understand how that merit applies. > Did you know that high achievers when they are little boy, they are already miles ahead of their peers; Skipping several grades. > The thing about talent is, those who are gifted get there faster, and often 1st in their field. Therfore they made more money, have more influence ETC... One has to be seen as being miles ahead by others before they are considered so by others. > Your history in league is evidences enough, that you DO NOT have the qualification to stand above the rest. But you keep on insisting that the system some how pulled you down; And those who are at the top, get there by a privilege bridge. My history? Clearly you need to brush up on that. Fun fact, for all I know the system could've pulled me UP and everyone else DOWN. All I know is how the system functions at a mathematical level. My perception of my skill from a gameplay point of view could be bias, but from a statistical point of view. I am being convinced that I am in fact quite ahead. > I might get a strike for this, but this is the truth. You demean everyone else's achievements to bring yourself up. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7G6kkW3KylQIkN9OjgyIkbnCJxBhIOindyoAJnN4Ffhedz-Rw
: ***
What other kind of math is there? Pretty sure we are talking all factors into consideration. Unless you would like to change the equation to include something we missed?
: I play at 2-8am AUS time a lot, due to the fact I work nightshifts, also, on much higher elo accounts with significantly less players online. My queue times are generally 5-10 minutes, sometimes 12 or so if I'm unlucky. There's no way you're getting them hours long. Even including people who dodge, it's still not long for me. Also, I change my roles played frequently as it's preseason and I'm not tryharding a lot in that area. I usually queue as mid or jg but am an ADC main. I get my main role 90% of the time and if I'm ever autofilled, it's into ADC which is what you mained, at least used to. Also, not having any evidence kind of makes what you're saying null, as you could (and probably are) talking out of your ass as per usual.
> [{quoted}](name=NaJin B Sword,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-30T16:09:13.700+0000) > Also, not having any evidence kind of makes what you're saying null, as you could (and probably are) talking out of your ass as per usual. Well considering I have given plenty of mathematical and statistical evidence on another topic and no one gave 2 shits about that. I figured there is no point.
: Good for you transcender. But you know what? I will reply to your responses, instead of using the report feature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvY8vzsTE98
Mônster (OCE)
: ***
You can't be a true twitch main unless you are good with toxins. But yes, people REALLY know me on this server they would rather ban twitch than let the twitch main "troll" with his "bad build" and "best carry stats". Playing tournaments is also hilarious, twitch gets first banned without fail.
uNhoLeee (OCE)
: who cares if they int, focus on your own play. challengers can 1v9 diamond. gold can 1v9 bronze.
> [{quoted}](name=uNhoLeee,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=XPYr3Alk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-25T15:50:12.413+0000) > > who cares if they int, focus on your own play. challengers can 1v9 diamond. gold can 1v9 bronze. I'll just leave this here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP7_ts3j594&lc=z23jxxgybtrvg1rmracdp43bocjkih453tktxrazu1xw03c010c.1542072429970670
Mônster (OCE)
: yikes 1v1 me scrub
whitepuma#6864 Come at me bro.
OCEshots (OCE)
: are you telling me you have dodged that many times in a row?
Yeah I had about 5 dodges in a row, lost 2 games and then I am gaining less for a win than I was before.
: This is getting rediculious. Money IS a construct of society.. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Money is only worth the value that society agrees upon. The currency itself has no inherent value. Even being a pro gamer, you're still part of society. Just part of the entertainment factor, and its a HARD job, you work double the hours most other people do, just so you can perform on stage for a couple of hours a year. It's just being a glorified dancing monkey. > You should be picking the bot that is easiest to obtain You never said that one was harder or easier to obtain. You said 'these bots are identical, pick one.' I did, and I picked the statistically safer bot. Don't twist your point when it didn't have the impact you expected. I picked a bot based on these 'numbers' you are so keen about. Yet you're still trying to twist it to be wrong. The team isn't made up of 5 individual players, each contributing 20%. A team is made up of a 'team' that contributes 100%. Thats why pro gamers train as a 'team' and don't just play solo queue all day. Those players who do well in solo queue are those player that understand this, and rather than trying to carry their team every game, they play to the teams strengths and help everyone succeed as a cohesive group.
Money isn't a service though, it is a resource used to exchange for a service. Shouldn't money have a base value that never changes? > The team isn't made up of 5 individual players, each contributing 20%. Can you elaborate more on how this is possible from your perspective. I just don't see how 1/5 converted to a percentage does not equal 20%. Either I am missing something here, or your comprehension is beyond mathematics. Keep in mind 32,000,000 x 0.02% = 6400 and 6400 / 200 = 32 So you were in fact claiming that there are 32 servers with ranked ladders which is why I linked you the page which lists the servers used by Riot. Adding an extra 500k players to that equation does not make you any more correct. Also, what you call pros playing as a team, I call bare minimum expectation of teamwork from players of gold+. If that is my expectation of gold players, just imagine what I expect from the top level of gameplay from the most popular game in the world.
: @*All* of you. Keep it civil. Heated is fine, but if I have to start deleting comments left and right I'm going to lock the thread. You have differing opinions, accept it. If you want to discuss your perspective, do so, in fact it's encouraged. If you want to insult people because they don't agree with you, you can't do it here.
I would actually recommend moving this thread to Miscellaneous as I forgot to change it when creating. Although I am enjoying the entertainment it is providing so I would rather it not be locked.
Mônster (OCE)
: look at the amount of bullshit you all talk yikes chill out people go get a job
Where do you think I am posting from ;)
: Thats awesome that you and your mother can enjoy the game together. But theres a pretty big difference between enjoying some entertainment with your family, and spending 70% of the time you're awake playing computer games. I think she'd probably take notice if that were the case every single day. While I despise drugs with a passion, I definitely wouldn't call everyone who is addicted 'Drug induced sociopath', i'm sure a great many of them wish they could give it up, but just don't have either the will or the help to do it. And no, I'm not asking what they would do, i'm asking what would you expect their parents to do. Yea, ideally getting taught about the dangers beforehand would be best! And almost all of us did get that education, but not all kids take their parents advice at all times. Yea, if you take drugs you're a dumbass, if you were told not to before hand then you're an even bigger dumbass. But that doesn't mean your parents shouldn't try to help you recover. > You mean an entryway into the slave market? Now I see why this discussion is going nowhere... _"Working is hard, I don't wanna work! I wanna play video games all day!"_ If you want to use society's utilities I.e. Roads/Hospitals/Fibre optics/supermarkets. You're going to need to provide your own service for society. You can work a hard job with long hours for little pay. or you can work a cushy job with shorter hours and higher pay. Education will give you that choice. By all means feel free to go live in the wilderness if you don't like that. But it'll be a lot harder to be a pro gamer when you have to build your own computer and server out of sticks and stones in the forest. > This here that this guy is claiming, is what I was doing that got me peaking plat 1. Thats great, but last I checked that isn't earning 'millions of dollars', so really it's no more or less beneficial than what a bronze 5 player is doing, you're both earning the same amount. If you want to be a pro gamer, go do it. Don't sit here telling me about what you used to do to get plat. Cos you if you want to be a pro gamer, you certainly ain't got the time to be discussing it with me! > Identical AI also > identical AI If I gotta pick one, I might as well pick the one in the top spot right? Seeming there is no repercussions to picking that one. > because you don't use logic to guide your thought process Of course its logic, it's sheer statistics. They are the same bot, but one has one a huge number more games than the other. Its like flipping a coin, it doesn't matter how many times you flip it, the chance is still 50/50. But if you flip it 10,000,000 times and get 8,000,000 heads. The chance for the next toss is still 50/50, but might as well pick heads right? Whats the harm? If I had to pay for the bots, $1.00 for bronze, and $50 for challenger, of course i'll pick bronze, they're exactly the same bot. But seeming in your analogy I can choose whatever I want for no repercussions. Why not pick the one with fancy borders and a high win rate? Even if the difference is just aesthetic. It'd be illogical to choose an identical bot with lower statistics. A computer would analyse the stats and pick the statistically safer bot. Why shouldn't I? Also, who knows what kind of bugs or weird code interactions might be going on behind the scene. League isn't known for its bulletproof code. Why willingly pick the bot that could potentially be the victim of such a bug. Tell me again how my decision isn't logical.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-29T11:34:18.460+0000) > Now I see why this discussion is going nowhere... > > _"Working is hard, I don't wanna work! I wanna play video games all day!"_ > > If you want to use society's utilities > I.e. Roads/Hospitals/Fibre optics/supermarkets. > You're going to need to provide your own service for society. No you don't, you just need money to pay for it. > You can work a hard job with long hours for little pay. or you can work a cushy job with shorter hours and higher pay. > Education will give you that choice. Haha, I like your humour! You should be picking the bot that is easiest to obtain, regardless of aesthetics. You are claiming that time is not a factor even though there is an expected average of time required for each game to be played and I stated that each one played the same amount of games each. I feel like you are still lacking understanding of the game. Let me put this really simply. Every player is 20% of their team. Therefore every player's rank is 20% accurate. Everyone I know of except 1 uses rank to judge a player instead of performance. So from my perspective, when I see everyone continuing to completely ignore mathematics in a game of numbers... I kinda lose faith in humanity at that point. I play both starcraft 2 and league, I have a vast amount of experience in both but more so in league. When I compare a starcraft 2 top level pro player compared to a league of legends top level pro player, I just don't have any other reason to change my perspective on the rank system. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I would expect society to look like if people used logic as their educational backbone. So it is really hard for me to see society in it's current state. I basically consider this to be the dark ages right now.
: Dont twist my words, and dumb it down to your plane of thought. People judge the severity of the situation and distribute their use of time accordingly. That is one reason why a person would act based on assumption. Because for what it need to answer and the importance of it, the assumption is sufficient.
Hey, can't argue with that. I have been reporting all your posts for being offensive for the past week now.
: >Try not to act on assumptions unless its life or death. A reason why people act on assumptions, is because the matter is of low priority; And not worth the effort. You ought to stop pretending you are wise.
So the reason why people act is because it is not worth the effort to act?
: Im not telling anyone what they want to hear? If you haven't guessed by now, I'm not exactly the 'ill pat your back, you pat mine' kinda guy. I tell people what I think they need to hear, which more often than not, is not what they WANT to hear. Your right, my maths was wrong it was 32,500,000 not 32,000,000. Congrats.. that gives you _more_ people to have to compete against? Thanks for pointing that one out! Legally, once you're over 18 you can make your own decisions. But turning 18 doesn't suddenly absolve your parents of any care they have about your wellbeing. If you got addicted to drugs, would you expect your parents to be like "Ehhhh he's 18, let him rot in prison or die in a ditch." Or would you rather them have an intervention? What would be responsible for a parent in that situation? Likewise with spending that many hours on League of Legends. That is not healthy in any way shape or form. And it's even worse if it comes at the cost of an Apprenticeship/University Education and/or Job. > I find it very hard to comprehend why no one else uses basic mathematical principles in the game if their objective is to try to win. Clearly whatever you are doing has got you in low platinum, and whatever Faker is doing (most probably raw talent combined with like 15 hours of practice every single day) has him earning millions of dollars. Soooo, Keep it up... i guess? Basic maths > hours and hours and hours of practice. Obviously. Im not quite sure how the maths work when it comes to ranking a million bots. But I would certainly pick the challenger ones, ether they are insanely lucky or they are clearly doing something the others aren't. Luckily though we aren't all bots. And that's really funny cos its almost like the system was designed for real people to perform in, not bots? > Then you do agree that it is an assumption. Call it what you want, I call it the truth.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=000200000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-29T06:11:44.904+0000) > > Im not telling anyone what they want to hear? > If you haven't guessed by now, I'm not exactly the 'ill pat your back, you pat mine' kinda guy. > I tell people what I think they need to hear, which more often than not, is not what they WANT to hear. > > Your right, my maths was wrong it was > 32,500,000 not 32,000,000. > Congrats.. that gives you _more_ people to have to compete against? Thanks for pointing that one out! > Legally, once you're over 18 you can make your own decisions. But turning 18 doesn't suddenly absolve your parents of any care they have about your wellbeing. That is dependent on the relationship they have. Personally my mother plays the game with me and she cares for me just like any other loving mother would. > If you got addicted to drugs, would you expect your parents to be like "Ehhhh he's 18, let him rot in prison or die in a ditch." Or would you rather them have an intervention? What would be responsible for a parent in that situation? Are you asking what an unreasonable drug addicted sociopath would do? In my current state I would rather they have taught that person about why taking drugs is not a good idea in the first place. So they never try to take them and take precautionary measures to make sure they don't ingest anything suspicious. > Likewise with spending that many hours on League of Legends. > That is not healthy in any way shape or form. > And it's even worse if it comes at the cost of an Apprenticeship/University Education and/or Job. You mean an entryway into the slave market? > Clearly whatever you are doing has got you in low platinum, and whatever Faker is doing (most probably raw talent combined with like 15 hours of practice every single day) has him earning millions of dollars. > Soooo, Keep it up... i guess? "you had played 3 games and all 3 games you had the same champs and same sums you're a troll and wasting peoples time." This here that this guy is claiming, is what I was doing that got me peaking plat 1. I have a negative win rate with it in low gold on this account though. > Basic maths > hours and hours and hours of practice. Obviously. Identical AI also > identical AI according to you. > Im not quite sure how the maths work when it comes to ranking a million bots. But I would certainly pick the challenger ones, ether they are insanely lucky or they are clearly doing something the others aren't. Luckily though we aren't all bots. > And that's really funny cos its almost like the system was designed for real people to perform in, not bots? There you go, even though they have identical AI, you would prefer some bots over others. As would anyone with your beliefs, because you don't use logic to guide your thought process, you use emotion. This is why society is in the dark ages still, because of people letting emotions guide them. > Call it what you want, I call it the truth. Your opinion has been noted.
OCEshots (OCE)
: What the hell are you on about? i've dodged over 20 games in the last 3 months of the ranked season and continued to gain 20-23LP a game. please mate stop trolling people.
Are you telling me there is no difference in mmr from 36LP plat 4 and 75 LP plat 5?
OCEshots (OCE)
: account info mate. you had played 3 games and all 3 games you had the same champs and same sums you're a troll and wasting peoples time. shu fly don't bother me
How am I wasting anyone's time?
: Then you'll have to explain your whole pluto comment to me. I understood it to be sarcasm about a discussion that you deemed to be 'open and shut'. I couldn't care less how many servers there are, I never mentioned it once. What I did mention was player count, and Riot released those statistics earlier this year. https://www.unrankedsmurfs.com/images/upload/blog/2016/11/325mill.jpg Well the minimum of what 'loving parents' usually means, is parents that care about your mental and physical wellbeing. Any parent who is willing to let their child game for 11+ hours a day every day, probably isn't fit to be a parent. It has nothing to do with being forceful and controlling. So what I got from that whole 'my potential' speech was that you've been trying your best for 5 years trialing several high-skill-level teams, one of which couldn't be countered, winning against challengers. And still failed to rank higher than plat? Now you're working and so definitely have no chance. I don't care what the accuracy rating is, everyone else who made it to challenger seems to have done so in exactly the same system. Maybe being ranked anywhere between bronze-gold has some degree of luck. But It wouldn't be presumptuous to say that luck factor is significantly less of a factor in diamond + From what I hear, the skill gap between high plat and high diamond, is larger than the skill cap between bronze 5 and high plat. [REMOVED - [DON'T BE A JERK](http://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements/BjArMH2B-boards-universal-rules)]
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Sesshomaru,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=EENpgAtE,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-29T04:21:31.139+0000) > > Then you'll have to explain your whole pluto comment to me. > I understood it to be sarcasm about a discussion that you deemed to be 'open and shut'. I was referring to the idea of you telling everyone what they want to hear. > I couldn't care less how many servers there are, I never mentioned it once. > What I did mention was player count, and Riot released those statistics earlier this year. > https://www.unrankedsmurfs.com/images/upload/blog/2016/11/325mill.jpg So you agree your maths was wrong? Hence you were providing false facts. > Well the minimum of what 'loving parents' usually means, is parents that care about your mental and physical wellbeing. > Any parent who is willing to let their child game for 11+ hours a day every day, probably isn't fit to be a parent. > It has nothing to do with being forceful and controlling. It does though, in Australia, once someone is over the age of 18 they are then legally an adult. The parents should respect their decisions, even if it goes against their wishes. Prior to being 18 the child should be in school or finishing their school year. Which means they can't be spending 11+ hours a day every day > So what I got from that whole 'my potential' speech was that you've been trying your best for 5 years trialing several high-skill-level teams, one of which couldn't be countered, winning against challengers. And still failed to rank higher than plat? > Now you're working and so definitely have no chance. I beg to differ. I have already accumulated the muscle memory needed to play this low skill level game. I just need to maintain it. The strategies I have already invested time into learning and mastering. This game is not hard for me, I find it very hard to comprehend why no one else uses basic mathematical principles in the game if their objective is to try to win. > I don't care what the accuracy rating is, everyone else who made it to challenger seems to have done so in exactly the same system. Let's say you put a million bots who have identical AI in the same server, play approximately 1000 random games each. Now you have some bots really low in mmr, and the top 200 are now challenger. Would you prefer those challenger bots over the low mmr bots? > It's an assumption in the same way that I assume we will both no longer be breathing in 400 years time. Then you do agree that it is an assumption.
: So now you're arguing against something you haven't even read? Oh you precious soul, you make this so easy it isn't even fun anymore.... I'll tell you what, i'll make it easy for you as well, all you have to do, is point out any false facts or lack of understanding that I have about the system, and I will correct them. Also if you find any assumptions i've made about you, feel free to point them out as well. _______ You do realise that the definition of a 'planet' constantly changes right? both the Sun and Moon used to be called planets too. Originally it was a term for stars that were thought to move around instead of stay in place. A constant reminder that the word 'planet' is a man made concept we use to try and label the universe, because its man made, there is no 'all-correct' distinction, we can choose to make it mean whatever we want, which is why it changes often. As we find other 'planets' out there in the universe that take on forms we haven't considered yet, the definition will quite probably change again. Pluto may well become a planet again, who knows. If we find a planet out there that is exactly like earth with water and life and orbits a sun etc. Except that this planet is distinctly oval or elliptical shaped instead of spherical through some unique gravitational effect (something similar to Io maybe). Would that be considered a planet? According to the current definition, no. It'd be safe to bet the definition would change again should a discovery like that be made. To simply believe wholeheartedly in something purely because 'thats what it says' is hilariously simple minded.
I wasn't referring to the idea of whether or not Pluto is a planet. Apparently we have 32 servers according to your statistics. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Servers "Do you have loving parents?" Can you please elaborate on what this is meant to refer to? Cause I am kinda thinking you are referring to controlling forceful parents who enforce their ideologies onto their children. Here is a fun fact, prior to the recent year I have been working: I have had no life and no friends for approximately 5 years if you do not count the creation and sustenance of a small business. My mother was the mid lane for a team I developed because out of everyone between bronze to challenger that trialed, she was the most reliable mid lane I found. The team comp I had been trying to get the team to practice has no real counter play (besides banning) other than the 3 champs which can be banned. On top of that several years ago I carried a gold team I was trialing for to victory against a full team of diamond/challenger back when I had not been out of silver. So when you refer to me as not having the potential to go up against those "challengers" with some big disadvantage, all it does is bring back some fun memories of my potential. Did you know that because of the 5v5 ranked system in a server with approximately 1 million players (oce), to get a 100% accurate ranking it will take over one sexdecillion (10^51) games organised in such a way that everyone plays each other at least once in every possible combination and each player must have the same performance in every game they play. To quote you on an assumption you made about me: "You think the people earning millions of dollars couldn't smash your ass with their worst position with a 200 ping handicap against you with your main? You'd be wrong."
Socon (OCE)
: Ah yeah true at our MMR everyone dodges when they see a team comp they dont like
Yeah and contrary to popular belief, I just found out via experience that dodging does in fact lower your MMR. So it is never a good idea to dodge. You know those issues with the client where it freezes for people and then because they couldn't choose a champion it makes them dodge. Good fun.
: Perhaps you don't remember the days before the autofill system? Where pick order decided everything. You loaded in in a random order, first pick got mid/top, and everyone else got the scraps, _(last pick got support 99% of the time)_. I mean, I was never good at maths, but guaranteed getting your primary roles 2 out of every 3 games (minimum), Is hell of a lot better odds than 1 game in 5 with no guarantee ever. Those days were hunger games, either you had 3 or 4 unsatisfied players on each team, or someone trolled and went double mid. It was chaos. Feel free to ask riot to return to that system if you don't like autofill! > I did not queue up to play every role Its simple maths... If you were guaranteed the role you wanted. 1-hour queues would be the best case scenario! > You can't carry from support as well as you can from mid Clearly you've never played with good Thresh/Taric/Raka/Leona/Blitz etc mains. Give me a godlike Thresh over a Katarina any day! > shouldn't I be entitled to having the best possible chance WITHIN MY CONTROL to win every game? You make it sound like you're the only one getting autofilled? Everyone _(including the tiny handful of people who make millions of dollars)_, also had to climb through exactly the same system that you're bitching about _(in fact, many of them probably climbed in the old system which would have given them their main position even less!)_. Everyone is in the same boat, everyone has the same autofill rules apply to them, you are no more or less disadvantaged than anyone else. > It is like telling me i should be able to play at the same level with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded. You think the people earning millions of dollars couldn't smash your ass with their worst position with a 200 ping handicap against you with your main? You'd be wrong. Thats what sets them apart from us, we look at something and go _"That wasn't fair."_ they look at it and say: _"Okay, time to play nothing but that disadvantage for the next 100 hours until I **CAN** do it blindfolded with my hands behind my back!"_ _____________________ #A kick in the reality But if I were you, I would take a look at the reality of the situation. Hey, i'm not saying don't follow your dream, by all means if that's what you want, go for it! And best of luck! but it'd be irresponsible of me not to give a reality check just the same. Making it challenger is just the first step, and only 0.02% of players do. Thats out of 32,000,000 people. Are you undoubtably better than 31,993,600 (99.08%) players? You're still in gold/plat, so unlikely. Do you have a life? 1. Do you have loving parents? 2. Do you have a Girlfriend? 3. Do you have a job? 4. Do you go to school/uni? If you answered yes to any of those things, sorry mate that almost immediately kicks you out of the running. Pro players _(and these are just the average run of the mill pro players who earn 1/10th of a million dollars, a far cry from the 'millions' you're after)_ practice for 11 hours a day. So if you want to be at their level, you'll have to do something similar. Any self respecting parent _(wether you live at home or not)_ won't let you even begin playing anywhere close to that, so you won't be able to practice enough to even get into the pro scene. Girlfriends take up too much time, and very very very few girls in the world will stick with a guy who's life dream is to live in a house with 4 other boys and play league of legends from the moment they wake up, til the moment they go to sleep. The majority of pros don't date, and the who do say it's probably not a good idea. 8 hours of sleep, 11 hours of league leaves you with 5 hours left in the day. Accounting for travel time and assuming you eat 2 minute noodles for every meal, and are really quick with your bodily functions, that gives you around 4 hours to work a job to earn enough money to stay alive. And no job that will let you work 4 hours a day, is going to provide you with enough money anyway. Clearly, education takes up more than 4 hours a day, so if you are still in the education system, you won't have enough time to practice your way into the pro leagues. Not to mention that a pro-gamer's career doesn't last long, and they come out the other end with virtually no real life skills at all, and still have 60 or years left of life to get through. _(remember that League's life as a game is also limited, so its not like you can coach your way through the rest of life either)_. But something tells me that this is all irrelevant anyway, seeming you were threatening to switch games to startcraft just because you were autofilled a couple of times. Real pro material right there folks! Is that enough or would you like me to continue?
Sorry, I stopped reading half way through. Something about assumptions, false facts and lack of understanding the system. Feel free to continue though. People love hearing about Pluto being a planet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIAXKuxtTsc
: You know that thing called life, that doesn't give you everything you want whenever you want it? Quite frankly, if you can't play other roles effectively, you shouldn't deserve to be in plat. Dodging because you didn't get your primary role is pathetic. And from what it sounds like, you are contributing the the very cause of what you're complaining about. A little hypocritical don't you think? It's physically impossible to be autofilled more than it is to get one of your two primary roles _(and if you cant play at least 2 roles.... the f*ck you doing in plat)_. > Why am I being forced into a role that I didn't ask for in a game mode where everyone is competing for millions of dollars. Don't worry mate, trust me, you definitely won't be earning millions of dollars in league anytime soon! I have a solution to the problem though: Learn to play other roles? Theres only 5, and knowing them can only make you better at the game, both playing and vsing them, Then the 1 in 3 _(absolute max times you can be autofilled)_ games you get fill, you can still play well.
I can play every role well, but I did not queue up to play every role, i queued up and asked for 2 specific roles. You can't carry from support as well as you can from mid and since the outcome of the game alters my rank which is the key towards earning millions of dollars, shouldn't I be entitled to having the best possible chance WITHIN MY CONTROL to win every game? It is like telling me i should be able to play at the same level with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded. Also, the randoms on my team carried me to plat (as what happens to everyone) whilst I mained zilean and helped them carry.
OCEshots (OCE)
: Try giving the right information instead of thinking people are mind readers. try not 1/9/1 in a ranked game and complaining about not getting your role. try not playing weird shit top and you might get what you want.
I did give the right information, read it again. Why are you saying that if I play meta I will not get autofilled? Also, I was told that mmr was not lost when dodging queue, boy was that information false. I just dropped half a division from dodging and losing a game, and my point gain dropped below what it was before.
Socon (OCE)
: Im in gold, my friends are plat, we have no problems finding games within 10 minutes.
The hidden message here is that everyone keeps having to dodge because everyone keeps getting autofilled and no one wants to compete for millions of dollars in a role they do not excel at. And holy fuck riot can you please fix your computer hijacking game, the only time it doesn't hijack my computer and force the game window over my screen is when it finally gets into a game, THE ONLY TIME IT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE DOING IT.
OCEshots (OCE)
: you last 2 games in ranked were adc and you've mained twitch all season 8 so i'm finding it hard to understand what planet you're on.
I am playing on my smurf in plat. ign whitepuma Try not to act on assumptions unless its life or death.
Rioter Comments
: >The punishment, was already handled and dealt with. There's two things I think are key here. First of all, chat restrictions only drop you to Honour 1, so if you were dropped to 0 it's because you were already below H2, in other words, not your first punishment. This is in essence what the honour system is designed to reflect -consistency. Secondly, Riot have acknowledged that the punishment for receiving a chat restriction (which are generally for relatively minor offences) close to the end of the season is too harsh, especially in comparison to previous seasons, and so have taken steps to both alleviate that and measure the effect it has had: https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements/LePhAybx-2018-end-of-season-rewards-and-honor >considering ranked borders were not explicitly listed as something that Honor levels below 2 would be exempt from, as thats why I landed here after having to search it up! Borders have always fallen the umbrella of 'ranked rewards', they have been considered such for years. I felt it was rather self explanatory given, as you say yourself, they are a reward you receive for playing ranked, in much the same way no-one expects Riot to explicitly state every skin they've ever created when referring to 'skins' in an official capacity, but perhaps some clarification is due there. >if you wanted to punish someone, all you had to do was issue the previously mentioned chat restrictions, bans, and suspensions If this was true then permanent suspensions wouldn't have to exist. If everyone received a restriction and went "oh, they don't allow this here" and, whether they agree with the rule or not, accept that they have agreed to follow them, then there would be no need for permanent suspensions. You will never make every individual fit the same mould, and Riot don't have the luxury of catering to individuals, they have to use essentially catch-all methods. Loss of ranked rewards is such a significant deterrent *because* it has such meaning to players. Many of the players who are problematic because they couldn't give two shits about the other people playing the game, *do* care about their rank and the rewards and recognition that go with it. If a deterrent means nothing to the individual in question, it's not a very good deterrent. >What does rank have anything to do with behavior? Do not try to connect the two. But they *are* connected. They are connected inherently by the fact that this *is not* a solo experience. League of Legends is a *team game* so yes, your treatment of other players and your rank are explicitly linked.
Can't argue with that, when my whole team shit talks me and then blames me when they are all playing like shit and then I lose mmr because of that. Good fun.
QAPLA (OCE)
: More Info on Abilities Needed in Client
Did someone say, death recap?
Show more

Transcender

Level 108 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion