Ninox (OCE)
: It's not impossible for this ban to be legitimate, but from your post it seems likely this was a false positive. We're missing a lot of information here so do take that into consideration. **If this IS your first punishment** this is more than likely a false positive. It wouldn't be impossible to receive a punishment from such a log with no prior, but it would generally involve a lot of reports for repeated but minor infractions, and I don't see any way it would prompt a 14-day. Do be aware that the system does not use the same context for NA as it does for OCE (that context is player driven). The cultures are different and thus the context of what is and isn't punished is too. [Submit a ticket to player support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) asking for a review of your logs, explain that this is your first punishment and they will take a look. You may get a macro (pre-written) response as your first reply. If it doesn't answer your query simply reply to the ticket and say so. Second contact always uses custom responses. **If this is NOT your first punishment** that lends legitimacy to this punishment. In that case we'd need more information on what your priors were and roughly when they occurred to say anything with any degree of certainty. Naturally, you are still welcome to submit a ticket for review, but boards can't really give you a feel for what the likely outcome would be with so little info.
> Do be aware that the system does not use the same context for NA as it does for OCE (that context is player driven). The cultures are different and thus the context of what is and isn't punished is too. can you explain what you mean by this it might help my situation.
Ninox (OCE)
: Hmmm I would appreciate some clarification. Given that you quoted my post and said "This completely off topic" I had the impression that you mean my comment was completely off topic, which I was rather baffled by, and which implied the rest of your comment as being rather sarcastic. It sounds like perhaps instead you mean *your* comment was off-topic? In which case I apologise for the misunderstanding.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=y8j7Ppdn,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-26T08:32:41.233+0000) > > Hmmm I would appreciate some clarification. Given that you quoted my post and said "This completely off topic" I had the impression that you mean my comment was completely off topic, which I was rather baffled by, and which implied the rest of your comment as being rather sarcastic. > > It sounds like perhaps instead you mean *your* comment was off-topic? In which case I apologise for the misunderstanding. I did start my comment with "this completely off topic but" and then continued with my comment lmfao all good misunderstandings happen all the time
Ninox (OCE)
: How was it off topic? Your post was about matchmaking health, and I endeavoured to explain why queue health in normals is never going to be perfect and sometimes feels extremely one-sided. It was your exact topic of discussion? It's hardly the most in-depth comment I've ever written but you didn't give me the impression you wanted a long answer. I'm not sure how my post activity is relevant tho?
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=y8j7Ppdn,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T12:24:39.141+0000) > > How was it off topic? Your post was about matchmaking health, and I endeavoured to explain why queue health in normals is never going to be perfect and sometimes feels extremely one-sided. It was your exact topic of discussion? > > It's hardly the most in-depth comment I've ever written but you didn't give me the impression you wanted a long answer. > > I'm not sure how my post activity is relevant tho? so you seem to struggle with being able to take a complement
: Unbalanced TFT
100% agreed won 10 in a row most of my games and then get utter shit on because I get jack shit units and no items while all of the enemy get 3 star units and max items. game is a complete joke not even lose to winning beause enemy team gets handed a win
Ninox (OCE)
: It's a normal. Matchmaking will not be as even because of pre-mades, more off-meta builds, people not playing their main champs/roles, it overall being a less serious queue etc, etc. Your team actually had a higher average rank, but again, it's a normal.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=y8j7Ppdn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-21T07:05:07.564+0000) > > It's a normal. Matchmaking will not be as even because of pre-mades, more off-meta builds, people not playing their main champs/roles, it overall being a less serious queue etc, etc. > > Your team actually had a higher average rank, but again, it's a normal. this completely off topic but whatever you roll is on the boards you're my fav I seem to see you the most on things I comment or post and other peoples posts. Good work
Rioter Comments
Ninox (OCE)
: Except the actual math says otherwise? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Jh3Mtzu6-blue-essence-earn-rates-learning-the-numbers-with-carl-and-henrietta If you think the amount you get is still too low, you're more than entitled to that opinion and I'd encourage that discussion, but saying you earn less BE than you did IP is just not the case when you look at actual numbers.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=FXv3bJ4N,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T04:39:53.346+0000) > > Except the actual math says otherwise? > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Jh3Mtzu6-blue-essence-earn-rates-learning-the-numbers-with-carl-and-henrietta > > If you think the amount you get is still too low, you're more than entitled to that opinion and I'd encourage that discussion, but saying you earn less BE than you did IP is just not the case when you look at actual numbers. I just disagree with the system altogether BE is still way to hard you should have unlocked all champs by level 100 no excuses that's way way way to much time and games played for what 50 champs?
Ninox (OCE)
: You get more BE per game played now than you did IP in the past. This persists up to around level 250, at which point you have earned well and truly enough BE for champions. The EXP requirements scale up to the 10, then drop back down again once you hit the next milestone. So 79-80 will be more difficult, and then 80-81 will be much easier. This may be why you feel you are getting much less at the moment.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=FXv3bJ4N,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T06:03:31.896+0000) > > You get more BE per game played now than you did IP in the past. This persists up to around level 250, at which point you have earned well and truly enough BE for champions. > > The EXP requirements scale up to the 10, then drop back down again once you hit the next milestone. So 79-80 will be more difficult, and then 80-81 will be much easier. This may be why you feel you are getting much less at the moment. yeah no you don't lmfao I have to make new accounts to be able to get champions because it takes to long to get 1 level and you don't get enough be from that 1 level for a champ in the 1st place outside of events BE is way to hard to get people have made videos on how much BE you get on average in 100 levels but people don't actually think how many games it takes to get 100 levels. the system is a joke please stop defending them. dota doesn't mae neat the same amount from skins ect as league does but all their champs are free omegalol
: I intentionally burned all my BE once IP was converted (roughly 800k BE, down to 0), yet I manage to sit on an average of 73000 BE. With all the free shards you can get, there is 0 reason you wouldn't be rolling in BE. Once an event ends, and you don't wanna waste the currency/tokens/whatever, craft champ shards, you can easily make a good minimum 10k BE that way. and with how often the events occur, you'd be piled up fast. Another idea of how easy it is is I just burned 100k BE on random icon chests (didn't manage to finish buying all the chests sadly, wasn't home enough) and in the span of a few hours, ive gone from 900(just over)BE to almost 11k. OR, you can complain about doing nothing and expecting freebies...........like you just did. I seriously, have 0 idea, how you aren't able to farm BE so easily. Im level 201 and find it a breeze, happy to give yall tips on ez farming, but I have a feeling you'd rather just want a bigger hand out.
> [{quoted}](name=Exarch Leona,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=FXv3bJ4N,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-17T02:28:43.002+0000) > > I intentionally burned all my BE once IP was converted (roughly 800k BE, down to 0), yet I manage to sit on an average of 73000 BE. > With all the free shards you can get, there is 0 reason you wouldn't be rolling in BE. > > Once an event ends, and you don't wanna waste the currency/tokens/whatever, craft champ shards, you can easily make a good minimum 10k BE that way. and with how often the events occur, you'd be piled up fast. > > Another idea of how easy it is is I just burned 100k BE on random icon chests (didn't manage to finish buying all the chests sadly, wasn't home enough) and in the span of a few hours, ive gone from 900(just over)BE to almost 11k. > > OR, you can complain about doing nothing and expecting freebies...........like you just did. > > I seriously, have 0 idea, how you aren't able to farm BE so easily. > Im level 201 and find it a breeze, happy to give yall tips on ez farming, but I have a feeling you'd rather just want a bigger hand out. if you started playing before the ip change you today currently struggle with BE drop outs you don't get a lot of free shards outside events you get 50% chance each level and each level outside of 30 takes quite a few games. when it comes to events you have no excuse not to get a lot of be I could have yielded over 50k from the trials event from tokens but chose to buy loot orbs instead and i do not regret it but im 5 gems off getting poppy so I will be saving all my be from today onward for the gem next emporium
Spaceless (OCE)
: Dear Riot
i have 4 accounts my main has 40 champs and the other 3 oly have around 6 each for this exact reason im level 70+ and dont even own half of them. an then they bribg out this BE store....nice system
: If you're playing 6-8 hours a day, how are you not rolling in BE?
> [{quoted}](name=Exarch Leona,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=FXv3bJ4N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-16T08:10:59.984+0000) > > If you're playing 6-8 hours a day, how are you not rolling in BE? because you could have between 6-12+ games in that 6-8 houra playing and after level 30 it takes somewhat 20-25+ wins to get 1 level so no he would not be rolling in BE at all BE is way to hard to get if you didnt have champion shards max when ip got removed. i understand they have these BE missions almost every week but its not enough when its 1 mission with a reward for 300..either champs should be free tripple on rotation or they bring out a battlepass for the full season with massive BE rewards ect
Ninox (OCE)
: I have my doubts about the 0.06% of permabanned players being the big moneymakers for Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=TxURP7TW,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-03T15:34:23.963+0000) > > I have my doubts about the 0.06% of permabanned players being the big moneymakers for Riot. yeah im sorry but the 0.06 has been used for so long that number is complete and utter bs lmfao
Ninox (OCE)
: Unfortunately, the bots tend to congregate in low level/MMR/pop Normals, co-op and ARAMs, so if you find yourself in any of these brackets you are likely to encounter some bots. The most important thing to understand is that bots are banned in waves to obfuscate the exact detection methods. This means that they aren't banned instantly, but that more overall are caught in these waves. Second to that is that it is physically impossible to remove all the bots from the game. Since League is free to play, and it is extremely easy to create a new account, the creation of new bot accounts is also easy which adds to their prevalence in those brackets. There have been tests in the works on EU which consistently match bots with each other, instead of players until they can be banned, but it's a function that is still in the works and so isn't present on OCE yet. ___ Now, as for what you can personally do, the most important thing is that you report them in post-game for cheating. Past that, playing at more accessible times (after school/work and not in the early hours of the morning) when populations are higher will help reduce how often you encounter bots. Since it sounds like you're levelling a new account, you'll obviously see bots much less as your level and MMR rises. When I was levelling my new account I stopped seeing them around level 15. Hopefully that can give you a bit of a ballpark. Queuing with friends will obviously also help since it will pull your MMR up, and also reduce the number of team slots available for bots.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=iqdJ24T9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-29T05:35:40.888+0000) > > Unfortunately, the bots tend to congregate in low level/MMR/pop Normals, co-op and ARAMs, so if you find yourself in any of these brackets you are likely to encounter some bots. > > The most important thing to understand is that bots are banned in waves to obfuscate the exact detection methods. This means that they aren't banned instantly, but that more overall are caught in these waves. > > Second to that is that it is physically impossible to remove all the bots from the game. Since League is free to play, and it is extremely easy to create a new account, the creation of new bot accounts is also easy which adds to their prevalence in those brackets. > > There have been tests in the works on EU which consistently match bots with each other, instead of players until they can be banned, but it's a function that is still in the works and so isn't present on OCE yet. > ___ > Now, as for what you can personally do, the most important thing is that you report them in post-game for cheating. Past that, playing at more accessible times (after school/work and not in the early hours of the morning) when populations are higher will help reduce how often you encounter bots. > > Since it sounds like you're levelling a new account, you'll obviously see bots much less as your level and MMR rises. When I was levelling my new account I stopped seeing them around level 15. Hopefully that can give you a bit of a ballpark. > > Queuing with friends will obviously also help since it will pull your MMR up, and also reduce the number of team slots available for bots. riot refuse to get rid of them beause it makes them money no othr major game has botted accuont issues
: what does ornn eat?
"Everything is better when it is molten. Lead, iron, chocolate cake."
"Humans have done some things right: beer, dark beer."
"The best meal is a herd of cattle, with dark beer, and cherries... Mmm."
Spaceless (OCE)
: WHERE IS DARK STAR ORNN!
if you see this I APPROVE. Ive been debating for the last 2 years what skin would fit him i recken a few of voli bears skins would suit Ornn also. or i was thinking with the voli bear rework they make it a VS event between Ornn and Voli bear both getting 2 new Legendary skins
Ninox (OCE)
: It does, but with good behaviour over a significant number of games, not with time. If you don't play on the account you won't drop in punishment tiers and the next offence will still be perma even if you haven't played on it for a year. If you truly can't control or at least redirect your behaviour, then look into ways of preventing it from affecting other players. Mute all at start of games, drag your chat off screen, unbind your enter key etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=JajdqFlI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-02T03:24:22.801+0000) > > It does, but with good behaviour over a significant number of games, not with time. > > If you don't play on the account you won't drop in punishment tiers and the next offence will still be perma even if you haven't played on it for a year. > > If you truly can't control or at least redirect your behaviour, then look into ways of preventing it from affecting other players. Mute all at start of games, drag your chat off screen, unbind your enter key etc. muteing all only works 1 way stopping you from reading others chat but guess what...they can still read your chat. Riot set it up like that because they dont care about negative behavior if they did there woudnt be chat in game anymore
: Consider removing in-game chat
riot knows that chat is only ever used in negative ways but wont remove them because people wont get permi banned and make new accou ntd and buy more skins its all about the money not the players
: Buff tanks
nerf damage accross the board remove true damage alltogether leave tanks alone
siirup (OCE)
: > I don't play badly, My team does and that effects me and the match. Sounds like an excuse and you're just another one of the "bad players" > I lose over 50% of the games I play because of other players and their "shit excuses" can we please get someone to acknowledge how bad the normals and aram matchakimg is Yep its an excuse > as soon as my team do streight trash I give up and don't bother doing anything in the match because its pointless. Yep you're just another "bad player"
> [{quoted}](name=siirup,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=XRfOE3Ft,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-28T22:45:24.145+0000) > > Sounds like an excuse and you're just another one of the "bad players" > > Yep its an excuse > > Yep you're just another "bad player" and you sound exactly like one of those players im explaining feeding early and making alot of mistakes that effect players actually playing well or effecting players that never get the chance to play well
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Twisted treeline oce
add me im in placements atm if i win all my games i should get bronze 1 or mid silver
: So basically there's no "list" you can see of what players have been punished off your reports. Ultimately, Riot wants the punishment systems to focus on *reform*, rather than persecution (for lack of a better word). Having such a "feature" would be counter-intuitive to that goal and, as a result (and among other reasons), Riot don't share information regarding players (whether it's related to punishments or not) with just anyone. There are certain exceptions (such as the anonymity of the IFS notifications), but for the most part such "feedback" is counter-intuitive to Riot's intentions and a non-toxic environment. Lord Sessh explored this aspect quite well in their response. So far as the IFS notifications are concerned, you should certainly not be basing "confirmation of punishment" on whether they show up. One major point of the IFS notifications is that they were originally designed to show only the *most recent* reporting player when action was taken, so that can still (potentially) leave dozens of other players in the dark about whether an action was actually taken. While it's my understanding that Riot intended to expand the notifications, it also seems like the system is worse off than when it was introduced, often failing to inform *anyone* when action is taken as a result of their report. Point being, a lack of the IFS notification is not an indication of a lack of punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=7dGhvstA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-12T08:47:29.592+0000) > > So basically there's no "list" you can see of what players have been punished off your reports. Ultimately, Riot wants the punishment systems to focus on *reform*, rather than persecution (for lack of a better word). Having such a "feature" would be counter-intuitive to that goal and, as a result (and among other reasons), Riot don't share information regarding players (whether it's related to punishments or not) with just anyone. There are certain exceptions (such as the anonymity of the IFS notifications), but for the most part such "feedback" is counter-intuitive to Riot's intentions and a non-toxic environment. Lord Sessh explored this aspect quite well in their response. > > So far as the IFS notifications are concerned, you should certainly not be basing "confirmation of punishment" on whether they show up. One major point of the IFS notifications is that they were originally designed to show only the *most recent* reporting player when action was taken, so that can still (potentially) leave dozens of other players in the dark about whether an action was actually taken. While it's my understanding that Riot intended to expand the notifications, it also seems like the system is worse off than when it was introduced, often failing to inform *anyone* when action is taken as a result of their report. Point being, a lack of the IFS notification is not an indication of a lack of punishment. and it doesn't work at at all riot never punish the cause they only punish the retaliation. maybe if players knew trolls greafers and flamers got banned we wouldnt retaliate
Ninox (OCE)
: For every "sb" or "cao ni ma" I've seen, I've seen just as many "f%%%ing idiot" and "go die" and "stay in [rank] trashlord". Does that mean Australians are ruining the game? But not all of those are Australian I'm sure, so I guess it's just people ruining the game? Or perhaps, toxicity is toxicity, and where the person is from is irrelevant. Perhaps Toxicity ruins games and not the colour of someone's skin or their first language. Perhaps the vocal minority does not represent the whole. It's almost like not all little girls like pink, and not all teenage boys are sex-crazed. Almost like not all rich people are snobs and not all poor people are thieves. It's funny, it's almost like people are all unique individuals and to classify behaviours by the colour of someone's skin is as absurd as doing so by the colour of their eyes.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=lgIynj0V,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-12T13:23:54.748+0000) > > For every "sb" or "cao ni ma" I've seen, I've seen just as many "f%%%ing idiot" and "go die" and "stay in [rank] trashlord". Does that mean Australians are ruining the game? But not all of those are Australian I'm sure, so I guess it's just people ruining the game? > > Or perhaps, toxicity is toxicity, and where the person is from is irrelevant. Perhaps Toxicity ruins games and not the colour of someone's skin or their first language. Perhaps the vocal minority does not represent the whole. > > It's almost like not all little girls like pink, and not all teenage boys are sex-crazed. Almost like not all rich people are snobs and not all poor people are thieves. > > It's funny, it's almost like people are all unique individuals and to classify behaviours by the colour of someone's skin is as absurd as doing so by the colour of their eyes. to bad riot don't punish them lmfao
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=DonutDenis,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=VL1PgKti,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-07T12:50:34.534+0000) > > Hey, ADC main, add me and we can play :D !!! <3 added
> [{quoted}](name=DonutDenis,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=lVvQajqA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-07T12:23:29.371+0000) > > Hey, add me and we can duo ! :D <3 > > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} added
: Japan is the lowest on regular LoL around 150 ping. Its a little tough since almost no one speaks English but atleast you dont know when they are flaming you :P Or you can download the Garena Client and make an account there. There may be servers where you get 100 ping like the Philippines/Indonesia.
> [{quoted}](name=BarryButcher,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=GXuoeeTb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-07T12:31:43.703+0000) > > Japan is the lowest on regular LoL around 150 ping. Its a little tough since almost no one speaks English but atleast you dont know when they are flaming you :P > > Or you can download the Garena Client and make an account there. There may be servers where you get 100 ping like the Philippines/Indonesia. seems like something is wrong with OCE since a few patches ago i get mad ping spikes that rubber band me and as an Ornn main trying to hit ult when its slow mo on your screen is a pain
: BUFF JHIN'S AUTOS FFS
jhin has 10000 move speed each auto what are you talking about
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
> [{quoted}](name=DonutDenis,realm=OCE,application-id=mR0UmRrp,discussion-id=iTh1FT37,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-28T03:23:28.666+0000) > > hey gurl gamer here xD > > add me and we can play uwu > > nuzzie wuzzies!!! > {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:sg-kiko}} gross
: Is Dark Star Cho'Gath ever coming back?
it was a make a wish skin so its part of legacy so yes it might come back out on its aniversary or some event but all is unknown
: deleted account showing up with weird names
thats normal dude all deleted accounts are like , im pretty sure riot have a database of all deleted ac%%%%s that have similar names like this and they get mass deleted at one piont so one day you wont see this at all
Ninox (OCE)
: What about when someone comes to boards shaming a "toxic" player when really it's all fabricated? What about when someone cries "INTENT FEEDER" but really they've just had a few bad games. What about when someone comes to boards, posts [this link](https://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/238547555/2138264395657024?tab=overview) and says "this person is trolling, avoid them!" when really the Trist was just better/got a camp/had a god tier support/[insert any of the other numerous reasons that you might lose a lane here]. The (main) point of the rule is that we don't have the whole story, and lack a lot of information. A true intent feeder can look like any other player just from match history, or a genuinely new player might look like an intent feeder. Even if the person being called out is genuinely toxic, then it turns into a witch hunt. There's no positive engagement, no opportunity for reform, just blind hate piled on. There are more than a few reasons for the rule, it exists for a reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=VyEIX6Zu,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-19T08:46:01.315+0000) > > What about when someone comes to boards shaming a "toxic" player when really it's all fabricated? What about when someone cries "INTENT FEEDER" but really they've just had a few bad games. > > What about when someone comes to boards, posts [this link](https://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/238547555/2138264395657024?tab=overview) and says "this person is trolling, avoid them!" when really the Trist was just better/got a camp/had a god tier support/[insert any of the other numerous reasons that you might lose a lane here]. > > The (main) point of the rule is that we don't have the whole story, and lack a lot of information. A true intent feeder can look like any other player just from match history, or a genuinely new player might look like an intent feeder. > > Even if the person being called out is genuinely toxic, then it turns into a witch hunt. There's no positive engagement, no opportunity for reform, just blind hate piled on. > > There are more than a few reasons for the rule, it exists for a reason. whole story for that match the ashe you linked is i get constant ping spikes above 300 at times that rubber band me i guess the rest of my team where just trash? while my duo troll picked my champion
Rioter Comments
Gehirn (OCE)
: It was about this: https://oce.lolesports.com/giveaway
> [{quoted}](name=Gehirn,realm=OCE,application-id=ElA0rvVL,discussion-id=FJzd0YNM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-15T03:26:27.768+0000) > > It was about this: https://oce.lolesports.com/giveaway its over isn't it?
Ninox (OCE)
: >**Reporting Other Players** >Please don't name names. If you see or hear about another person breaking the rules, send us a ticket directly so we can investigate and take action if necessary. We know that players report publicly with the best intentions, but it often leads to a witchhunt, rarely resulting in a positive discussion. We'll be taking action against players who have violated rules, so please report these players correctly. **Boards Rules:** https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements/BjArMH2B-boards-universal-rules We aren't stopping you from reporting players, we're stopping you from one-sidedly calling out players on a public forum.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=VyEIX6Zu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-17T11:26:25.269+0000) > > **Boards Rules:** https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements/BjArMH2B-boards-universal-rules > > We aren't stopping you from reporting players, we're stopping you from one-sidedly calling out players on a public forum. if players are peices of shit and are getting away with it they need to be publicly shamed majority of toxic players get away with it 100% fact in my exeriance.
Rioter Comments
Ninox (OCE)
: Over time, but within that week (assuming all goes to plan). If it helps, I haven't got mine yet either, so seems like this one might just be taking a bit longer.
> [{quoted}](name=Seras Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=ElA0rvVL,discussion-id=FJzd0YNM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-09T14:13:44.314+0000) > > Over time, but within that week (assuming all goes to plan). If it helps, I haven't got mine yet either, so seems like this one might just be taking a bit longer. whats this about?
Gehirn (OCE)
: Can't give a specific date as that may change, but skins that are currently on the PBE usually come out with the next patch unless they need significantly more work done to them.
> [{quoted}](name=Gehirn,realm=OCE,application-id=Ntey9fRZ,discussion-id=driVnyrh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-11T01:56:16.150+0000) > > Can't give a specific date as that may change, but skins that are currently on the PBE usually come out with the next patch unless they need significantly more work done to them. I want a new skin When will you give me a new skin? battling my brother in a vs event would be nice
cuhz (OCE)
: I appreciate your input & advice. IF things go well I'll make sure to disable chat to avoid any further complications. I've put a ticket into support & will hope for the best. Thank you.
> [{quoted}](name=cuhz,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=hX1XewAz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-12T06:45:25.228+0000) > > I appreciate your input & advice. IF things go well I'll make sure to disable chat to avoid any further complications. > > I've put a ticket into support & will hope for the best. > > Thank you. go find a program called auto hot key there is a post somehwere o the baords with the script you cant use and it disables enter while your ingame and the only way to put it back on is going to task manager and closing the program
: Do reports actually do anything?
i have reported 2 obvious intentional feeders and 1 player with the use of chat in-game that told me to "Kys" but worded it as "skill yourself" and they have yet to be banned. Riot told me these reports through tickets go on a list of manual reviews and when that report gets to the top of the list then an action will be "investigated" if that player actual did something wrong they will get punished. So this could be months or even years after i made the initial report, so they basically get away with it for a period. Their current ifs system for in-game is flawed because you only get picked up if you're obviously inting or legit using chat wrong anything else and you get away with it so manual ticket reports seem like the best thing to do
Rioter Comments
: reported 1 player and ever since then ive been stuck with them?!
bloakcing player should actually block them from you lobby and matchmaking but it doesn't
Ninox (OCE)
: Retaliation (which is different from defending yourself), isn't an acceptable response. There are still at least 3 other people you are affecting by being negative too. You would have faced at least one prior punishment, which explicitly states that any further violations will result in permanent suspension of the account. By firing back, you are ruining the game for other people just as much as the one who initiates the behaviour. Hence why both parties are punished.
riot ban people defending themselves all the tie their ifs system maybe 1000x faster but it is far worse then tribunal
: > [{quoted}](name=Gehirn,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=cayPmEh5,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-03-15T03:38:59.347+0000) > > The Tribunal hasn't existed anywhere since...what year was it... 2014? > > Definitely don't confuse the player review based Tribunal with the machine based instant feedback system. Tribunal was sloooooow, taking months to process cases and potentially inaccurate due to human... biases. IFS gets the job done in 15 mins or less or your pizza's free, and since it's built off machine learning algorithms it has a higher hit count (due to it's speed and confidence) and is less prone to fluctuations in what behaviour/actions are penalty worthy. > That being said, because IFS doesn't review games from "rational human" perspective, it needs to be tuned back a bit in order to not start throwing out false positive bans. > > Every day, players are hit with penalties and bans for continuous griefing or giving up. These bans do occur, but because players are prone to rating any tactic they don't agree with or a simple mistake that anyone could make as "intentionally feeding" or "trolling", we have to limit the aggression of IFS otherwise we start shooting out false positive bans like ya wouldn't believe. > So we (you, me, all players!) definitely should keep on reporting **legitimate** cases of int. feeding or griefing/trolling because our report might be the report to actually get a ban over the line. > > What the Tribunal **did** achieve that IFS does not is the catharsis we get by feeling in control of determining if a report is ban worthy. That sense of contribution and cleaning up the community the way we want. For some of us that's what Tribunal provided, unfortunately for others it was a place where they went to hit a button marked "punish" 15 times a day without reading a chat log, meaning cases needed more time to gather more reviews to improve accuracy, meaning the punishment, if any, was handed out way after the offence (days, weeks...months!). > IFS doesn't have that, but at least it gets us that sweet "we've penalized a player you reported" style message relatively quickly after the report if it is actioned. The Tribunal was the worst system ever implemented in the history of gaming. Giving power to silver players was an actual joke and troll by Riot Games. How can you sit there and say that players are being banned for griefing games when the same people having been griefing games for months on end with no punishment. Legitimately, explain to me how a laner rolling into the jungle, taking it all from the jungler, and then spamming emotes is not considered griefing. Tell me how a support intentionally ruining the wave is not griefing. Your system cannot detect griefing at all, else I wouldn’t have been able to grief hundreds of games without a single punishment for it. I open my mouth and call someone silver and I’m muted, but I can legit make my team lose games and mask it as a mistake and force them to rage and it’s completely fine. Do you understand how many times I have stolen buffs from teammates and watched them alt+f4 or swear at me then report them and see that ban message pop up? Or see that they haven’t played a game since because they got 14 day banned?
im kinda confused because you seem to be talking about the tribunal system but it seems you're talking about the current system becasue the current system ONLY picks up on chat and the "obvious" feeder not greafers or trolls
Gehirn (OCE)
: The Tribunal hasn't existed anywhere since...what year was it... 2014? Definitely don't confuse the player review based Tribunal with the machine based instant feedback system. Tribunal was sloooooow, taking months to process cases and potentially inaccurate due to human... biases. IFS gets the job done in 15 mins or less or your pizza's free, and since it's built off machine learning algorithms it has a higher hit count (due to it's speed and confidence) and is less prone to fluctuations in what behaviour/actions are penalty worthy. That being said, because IFS doesn't review games from "rational human" perspective, it needs to be tuned back a bit in order to not start throwing out false positive bans. Every day, players are hit with penalties and bans for continuous griefing or giving up. These bans do occur, but because players are prone to rating any tactic they don't agree with or a simple mistake that anyone could make as "intentionally feeding" or "trolling", we have to limit the aggression of IFS otherwise we start shooting out false positive bans like ya wouldn't believe. So we (you, me, all players!) definitely should keep on reporting **legitimate** cases of int. feeding or griefing/trolling because our report might be the report to actually get a ban over the line. What the Tribunal **did** achieve that IFS does not is the catharsis we get by feeling in control of determining if a report is ban worthy. That sense of contribution and cleaning up the community the way we want. For some of us that's what Tribunal provided, unfortunately for others it was a place where they went to hit a button marked "punish" 15 times a day without reading a chat log, meaning cases needed more time to gather more reviews to improve accuracy, meaning the punishment, if any, was handed out way after the offence (days, weeks...months!). IFS doesn't have that, but at least it gets us that sweet "we've penalized a player you reported" style message relatively quickly after the report if it is actioned.
what bans do you give a troll/greafer because in my memory you only have chat restrictions 14day bans and permi bans and i doubt a troll/greafer is getting a 14day ban the same kinda ban you give an actual intentional feeder? you have no punishments for that behaviour
: > Why don't people get punished for Griefing? Quite simply, they do. The thing to keep in mind is that there's a lot of factors about the situation that may make it *seem* like they don't, and even so I doubt you'll find someone who wouldn't say that the punishment system just isn't as efficient as it should be regarding gameplay offences. One thing to keep in mind is that gameplay offences are a lot harder to verify compared to other types offences. For example, it's a lot easier to see that someone is being blatantly racist to another player than it is to distinguish between a genuinely bad player and someone who is *intentionally* playing badly. With that said, there's a couple things I just want to note about this situation. Firstly, the Tribunal was removed on *all* servers years ago (OCE never actually had a Tribunal) because it was vastly inefficient. For example, the community often voted for unnecessary punishment/over-punishment, meaning almost every case had to be manually reviewed, whereas the current system can manage being largely automated. It took several weeks, if not months, for basic punishments to be implemented, the kinds of punishments that the current system can manage in under 15 minutes etc. Secondly, and I know it wasn't mentioned but I just want to make sure everyone is aware, while the Instant Feedback Notifications are a *great* way to know when someone you reported has been punished, they shouldn't be relied upon for complete communication. They're often unreliable, not showing up when they're supposed to, and often only showing up for the *most recent* reporting player. You should never assume a player *hasn't* been punished just because you didn't receive the notification.
greafers inters and trolls DON'T get banned riots "bot" is not programmed to pick up on anything unless its a swear word of a few tears in their item set the people who created the current punishment system needs to be fired and the punishment system itself rebuilt from the ground up. I constantly see people getting banned for really dumb stuff and i have personally been banned for something that should not even be thought to hand a punishment out for there 3 punishments in the game. chat restrictions 14day bans and permi ban none of which are for trolls/greafers 14day ban for only obvios inters current system is a a joke and you have nothing that can justify it
Show more

rand56432

Level 76 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion