: Brand new, bought it like 2 months ago, so try again.
A new computer is not necessarily a good computer. I don't understand your logic.
: Funny thing is i'm running low spec mode.... on a new PC, and is still runs like shit. Hell i got a survey yesterday and checked, because i wasn't honestly sure i was because of how shit it ran, but i am.
I doubt that your computer is capable of smoothly running the game itself. My laptop runs perfectly when I edit runes during champ selection. It is an old laptop I bought in the beginning of 2014.
: Because different champions have variations on the same page, and it's a requirement, because this client runs like ass, and shouldn't have to be relied on for being able to run the rune pages properly. Fact is this client is CONSTANTLY bugging the fuck out, and running like ass.
try low spec mode before swearing with no sense
: Heavy damage supports
AP supports are not really favoured by the current meta. If you want to solo carry with casters you might have better chance with mid.
: How to be a better mid laner???
-push with them and dragon if possible -defend with your bot or jungler -roam -depends which of your other lanes are losing -tp back after ganking with global ult (galio, tf, taliyah, ryze), or set up a 4 player gank by tp to bot lane
: Leaverbuster in bots?
Go play beginner instead of intermediate bots then. Last for around 10 minutes.
: Then run it on Low Spec mode...
Almost forgot about this thing. How much does it affect the client?
Talon12 (OCE)
: maybe just maybe you dont understand what slows and cc do to his flips
Slows and CC affect MOST champs. It is not a problem that ONLY talon has to deal with.
Dagina (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akkordian Zoeve,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=Zygc2pwp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-17T05:15:13.057+0000) > > Is there a point? Literally only takes 10 seconds in champ select to edit one. What else are you going to be doing? Browsing the Boards? Watching YouTube or Twitch? or have a reallllly shitty laptop that freezes due to the animation the runes make every time you open the page or change them...
Agreed. Although there usually is sufficient time for me to edit the runes, sometimes in aram it really sucks when people wouldn't trade with you until like 20sec before selection ends - and then the screen freezes for another few sec when opening up the runes.
: Yeah I usually rush proto belt on fizz. The exception is where I am against an ad mid-laner like zed, yasuo or talon and will then rush zhonyas. So you think lich bane is would be a good snowball item on fizz? Or in what situations and how early would you get lich bane on fizz? Considering the +7% movement speed it gives you for ganking and assassinating as well as the sustain it gives you due to the +250 mana.
Lol you are talking to the wrong person if you want specific comments or suggestions on fizz. I can only say statistically the main stream build is either lich then proto or proto then lich. (not considering speciall occasions where u need to rush zhonya/zhonya parts).
Talon12 (OCE)
: botlane or toplane ganks usually end up with him flipping the wall in then cant flip out, and mid lane, as soon as he appears, any form of cc stuffs him and makes flips useless as it either cancels them and puts it on cd, prevents them or makes the flip so slow you can slap him to death as rakan. And in the chaos of the jungle and the thickness of the walls, it isnt uncommon for his flips to either go nowhere or just flip him a few mm to the side, effectively cancelling his flip.
Maybe, just maybe, you should try to practise more with his E? It has much longer range than flash - if you can flash through walls why wouldn't you E through walls?
Nightjar (OCE)
: lichbane has a 75% base ad ratio plus 50% bonus ap. Fizz has around 80 base ad at lvl10, assuming by early you mean lichbane second item, meaning Fizz would have around 160ap with runes. This gives him approx 140 extra damage from a sheen proc. AP fizz, the fizz Rodriguez usually plays, tends to only be able to proc lichbane a maximum of twice per assassination, for an extra 280 damage on a spell rotation. Now we compare this value to the 40% magic pen of a voidstaff, which would tack on an around an extra 12% more total magic damage depending on enemy mr. A fizz spell rotation without ult does 460magic damage with a 290% ap ratio, excluding autos and making full use of w's passive and then triggering the triple damage active. Meaning 924 magic damage from w(passive)-q-e-w. Ignoring electrocute and other runes. This ends up giving 120 extra damage, so... umm... did not expect that... I guess lich bane isn't half bad? I thought I remembered some pro player talking about how powerful an early void staff is but I guess I should have thought more about it, rather than blindly following advice. I have no clue what I'm talking about, but I again realise why I'm bronze. Something this math has made me think about was how about investigating haunting guise for early tankiness since at 1 item, 15 magic pen is pretty good for the gold cost, and then move on to protobelt and other items?
I guess they get early void because of the old runes? Also you removed damage of ult from your calculation, lowering the resulting effectiveness for void staff.
fum422 (OCE)
: zed...
Malzahar and anivia counters him well. Rush zhonya to make zed much harder to kill you. If rushing zhonya cripples your damage too much then at least get stopwatch (get it with runes if you have to stay in lane for a long time, or if you do not want to slow down your first item) and seekers armguard. Pay attention dodging his Q, trade once he wastes his shadow for whatever reason, stun and combo him if he tries to approach you without shadows. Watch out for him roaming to other lanes if you successfully make him unable to kill you. Extend the game if you had a very hard time in lane. Zed is much less effective in late game as long as you and your adc don't get caught. Playing as xerath against a melee champ you might want to harass him with your long range. Punish him after he uses his Q so that he cant poke back when you charge. Take barrier if necessary.
Talon12 (OCE)
: what i meant by damage was talons ult, because his flips are easy to prevent, any slow stuffs them, and they are usually used to enter, where they cant be used to escape for 2 min, and kayn cant get into fights easily unless he uses e, which he then cant use to escape, he is either easy to kite or keep at a distance in red or so squishy can kill him before gets close as blue, only a super fed kayn can get into a teamfight (against non idiots) without using an escape, be it flash or e. And kayn usually uses his e to engage ganks anyway, no more escape, same with talon, he flips over wall to initiate but doesn't flip back out, gets his burst then runs away in many scenarios without a reliable escape, because even if he does use r, he loses the invis if his w is still in flight, as the returning w removes his stealth
You still didn't explain how talon not able to flip **another** wall after finishing his job.
: I feel like it isn't a gold efficient item early compared to void staff and rabadons. rabadons and void staff >(before) lich bane I get at least 1 defensive item early-mid game or earlier on fizz usually otherwise I am too squishy. --> defensive item early>lich bane early
Lich gives you more movement speed for ganking, I guess that's one of the reasons why most people get it first. Have you tried rushing proto belt if you don't like lich bane?
Tink Tink (OCE)
: Dying with low hp with nothing damaging on me
If you are getting killed by talon, his passive makes you bleed for a few seconds.
Orezon (OCE)
: Clarification and getting turned on and suddenly off
You only get gemstones at very high level milestones. Something like lv 50,75.
: what you just said proves my point, you're one of those trolls that keep players in games because you "want to still play"
I don't see how playing late game champs automatically equals to trolling.
: I agree... Champions are impossible to get now - apart from if you're low level.
You will still struggle very hard to get champs in low level accounts, first win mission isn't available until lv15.
: Review of My Builds
Why not getting lich early though
: Post about surrenders at 14 and 20+ minutes
Is it that difficult for you to wait 5 minutes for the 4/1 vote?
: Make Rune Pages Free?
You can now edit your rune pages during champion selection, and they have even increased the timer so that you can edit your rune page. I do not see how you got to the conclusion that you need 20 rune pages to not "screwd by people who have brought all the pages and thus have champions that all the right runes to boost their desired playstyles". Maybe all you need is to play a few more games to familiarize yourself with the new runes, so that you can fill in a page with 10 seconds knowing exactly what runes you want.
: But if they do that, they don't get as much money.
In your logic no business should ever offer price cuts then. In fact Riot already offers skin/champion sales in a periodical fashion, and by history they have offered rune page sales before.
: WHAT IS THE BEST GNAR BUILD
Check both http://oce.op.gg/champion/statistics and http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/gnar to get some insights on what items suit your champ. Make sure you also take into consideration the pick rates of certain build paths when looking at op.gg statistics. The lower the pick rate, the more inaccurate the associated win rate. Try a few different item pathways in bot games to see what pathways fit your playstyle better. Try at least get 0death legendaries in a couple of bot games to make sure your build won't be too squishy for your champ.
: > [{quoted}](name=JasonWazza,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=KYg9EUxh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-29T10:44:18.774+0000) > > Match Making Rating (MMR) isn't affected by anything except wins and losses. > > You win, and your hidden score goes up, lose and it goes down. MMR base of wins and losing. LOL MMR is based on a lot of things.. Wards / Damage amount / Deaths / Kills / CSing and champion you play and so on. Not just win or lose. That is so failed in it's self it isn't funny. Lets say for a second you are playing very easy champion to play. Lets say Teemo. You did the most damage and died the least. But what you didn't do is buy wards / CS very well and you have less then 20% KP and also your APM was about 40. When team fights happen you were off cuddling the dragon and whispering in it's ear. All this can have effect on your MMR. Don't worry about win or lose. Just worry about how well you were CSing , Warding, Damage taken, Damage dealt and so on. MMR is based on you. Not the team.
https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide#q2 It is a bit more complicated than simple win rate, but you are definitely wrong about MMR. The official guide admitted they are not taking the stuff you mentioned into account of MMR.
: Best assassin jungler?
Statistically Evelyn is the best assassin jungler at the moment, if you only consider champs that have burst AND escape as assassins.
: average BE is 600? wtf is that true? is that what riot has said? i got less than 100 BE when i leveled up, twice in a row and nothing else came with it.
> [{quoted}](name=BlackMan KFC,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=AsvUP9oQ,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-11-13T00:46:08.525+0000) > > average BE is 600? wtf is that true? is that what riot has said? i got less than 100 BE when i leveled up, twice in a row and nothing else came with it. Average BE per level beyond lv30 is 910 according to a Riot reply I read before(https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-strategy/KsZvsY4T-revert-be-to-ip?show=flat&comment=000a00000001 the third out of five replies) more or less fits what I got for lv31-34. Interesting enough, even in that comment Riot cannot make the maths support their claim that you earn more currency than before: in his statistics you would earn 1456 BE comparing with 1537 IP. My example above shows even larger punishment of dedicated players because I'm using aram examples, which got disastrously affected by the reduced XP/min efficiency for short games. What I want to say is by this simple real life example I get 600 less currency per 25 aram wins without considering first win and without considering the larger gaps between higher levels.
Outis (OCE)
: point is they wouldn't imprison you at all let alone max. besides im replying to someone that said it should be grounds for immediate perm. well if perma ban doesnt do too much then again, that proves my argument.... instead of perma banning people for chat, they could mute people for extended periods of time and even permanently if they are consistent. this is all considering that anybody can just mute their teammates already anyway.... but you should not be getting suspended for literally the first time you use a certain word, especially when context is disregarded.
> [{quoted}](name=Lebron Games,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=xKQmEM5r,comment-id=0001000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2017-11-12T07:36:51.664+0000) >point is they wouldn't imprison you at all let alone max. besides im replying to someone that said it should be grounds for immediate perm. A game suspension is no where near a real life imprison and are not comparable on any degree. Moreover Riot decides whatever punishment they like and that was all in the EULA. If you do not agree with something in the EULA you shouldn't be playing anyway. >well if perma ban doesnt do too much then again, that proves my argument.... I do not see how "perma-ban not being the ultimate solution", is proving your argument that people should be punished only when they repeatedly harm other people - please remember that not every victim will be actually reporting these behaviors. >instead of perma banning people for chat, they could mute people for extended periods of time and even permanently if they are consistent. this is all considering that anybody can just mute their teammates already anyway.... Force muting toxic players could be a solution but to Riot it is not intimidating enough to stop toxic players from resuming to their acts after the punishment ends. >but you should not be getting suspended for literally the first time you use a certain word, especially when context is disregarded. I have had some experience in handling reports in the season 2 tribunal and I can assure you, Riot does keep the full chat records whenever they judge these cases. And if you want real life examples, there ARE certain words that can get you fired from your job at the first usage.
Outis (OCE)
: we're talking about chat offenses in a video game. you're trying to compare it to bank robbery which is considered an extreme crime. if you're going to compare it to RL then compare it to something similar. like traffic offenses and minor crimes. i think you'll see in the courts they generally are not going to give you max penalty straight away if you are generally a law abiding citizen but they will for reoccurring offenses. lets say u got really annoyed with someone and randomly sperged out and pushed them (out of character for you) and they called the cops. are you saying you deserve and should be imprisoned for 2 years which is the actual maximum sentence for common assault when you have 0 priors and have been a law abiding citizen for decades? funny how your argument is actually helping prove mine....
> [{quoted}](name=Lebron Games,realm=OCE,application-id=T8eq2lFQ,discussion-id=xKQmEM5r,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2017-11-12T06:57:51.579+0000) > > lets say u got really annoyed with someone and randomly sperged out and pushed them (out of character for you) and they called the cops. are you saying you deserve and should be imprisoned for 2 years which is the actual maximum sentence for common assault when you have 0 priors and have been a law abiding citizen for decades? Yet the 14-days suspension is not the max penalty in league, plus the max penalty (perma ban) doesn't do too much to real toxic players who often create a lot of accounts.
: Arent there korean servers?
> [{quoted}](name=dragon poo,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=xjH1sA5z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-12T06:57:46.849+0000) > > Arent there korean servers? I guess there are Koreans that live in the OCE region. Playing in a foreign server will result in a higher delay, significantly reducing accuracy of skill shots and last hitting.
: What is the point of turning ip to blue essence ?
Riot kept defending themselves with the fake "maths" where they made the assumption that players play only a couple of games per day. Take this example: yesterday I won a 15min aram game, yielding me 100xp. It takes around 25 aram wins for me to level up at my current level. The average BE you get per level up is 910 BE, according to a Riot post I read before. With the old system, I get around 60IP for a typical aram win, and after 25 games that is 1500 IP. Even at the milestone when you get some extra 1000 BE that still wouldn't compensate the 600 less BE/IP per level.Simple maths. The "players play only a couple of games per day" assumption is punishing players who play a tonne of games a day which do not benefit much from the stronger first win boost. These players do exist and is a part of the player base, yet it seems like Riot wouldn't accept this fact. The other assumption Riot made was that "players are all trying to get all champs available", which is again very not true. Under this assumption, the discount from champ shards are also taken into consideration when calculating the speed you earn BE/IP with the new system, making their fake "maths" seem legit.
: > [{quoted}](name=DarkShade918,realm=OCE,application-id=FjGAIbRv,discussion-id=foqmrpnO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-29T23:11:26.084+0000) > > Galio is busted atm, abuse that. AD J4 is also quite an easy win, and if you ever get autofilled supp, play a mage like veig/lux (you'll piss everyone off but you have a better chance of winning) look for moments where you can "pull a faker" when you get a decent outplay, even if it looks sloppy, try and keep positive, i took me 300 games to get from B5 to S2, its a hard slog > > Remain positive, i made that mistake and fucked me royally I'm aware Gallo quite powerful, although I don't know how to play him, is there any basics or someone similar to the people I can play, and pick up quickly?(with season ending in 1 week and all). What's the mistake you are referring too aswell?
There are too may people who refer a champ as "op" (or "busted" in this case) before they even have a look at win rate statistics. Often these "op" champs do not have good win rates - for example Galio was having the lowest win rate by role in the 7.21 patch. Yes Galio is strong and yes Galio was banned or picked a lot in Worlds. And yes he was nerfed hard in the 7.21 patch. These champs are picked or banned in pro games because they are hard to punish or have very strong team fight utilities under good communication, but it doesn't mean that they can be as effective in solo queue where players have much weaker mechanics and nearly no communication. Champs that can help you climb are not necessarily the strongest champ in pro games. Check the statistics to have in mind what champs in each role are the top ones in the current patch, pick the ones you enjoy playing, ban the ones you probably gonna face.
Talon12 (OCE)
: Kayn has a shit escape and so does talon, either they need to blow their escapes to get in, or they lose 1/2 of their damage if they dont
: isn't the new system faster for unlocking champions tho
Faster for unlocking all champs so that you get messed up in aram and urf, yes; faster for unlock the champ you actually want, not really.
GraKham (OCE)
: Stealing always
One single kill steal does not need to be discussed at all. The main benefit of killing someone is that you gain the advantage of taking objectives from the opponent afterwards. Unless the support keeps on intentionally taking kills from the adc, which is not going to benefit the team in the long run as sups have lower gold cap, there is not much to discuss.
: I agree that Azir needs a good old fashioned nerf. _(and I'm a die-hard Azir main)_ For a sustained damage champion, I've 3-hit way too many ADC's to not feel guilty... I haven't seen him shred tanks the way you mentioned _(but I haven't tried all the runes on him yet)_ I can assure you that Fighters are a sure-fire way to beat Azir, Wukong/Xin/Garen etc. those champs have enough damage, CC and tankiness to kill squishy old Azir before he can get enough damage off on them. Tbh I blame the recent Azir rework, the rework made it so that all he needs to do is spam soldiers and pray that his damage out-does his opponents. Which for _' one of the hardest champs in the game'_ is a pretty stupid playstyle.
I had a look at his match history: I believe the "tank" he mentioned was actually a Rakan that did not build any mr other than mercury's. From the team gold analysis it seemed like they lost because of one bad teamfight, indicating that the accusation of Azir "do nothing and 1vs5" was not likely to be a real thing - if Azir is that much overpowered, the opponent team would not need to wait for them to throw the game. Overall, their team had almost no hard CC (other than a one-shot Rakan and Jinx snare) or tank, which made their carries impossible to reach Azir, and their only dive in, Zed, did not seem to know what he was doing. Their bad team comp was the main reason that they cannot stop Azir.
Soena (OCE)
: Tanks, Help please... WTB Armor...
They boosted the base stats of all champions so that they don't die immediately early game even without the old runes.
Mindstar (OCE)
: Hey Requinox I had a quick look at your account because the numbers you mentioned seem a bit low. I want to make sure things are working as they should be. It does look like you have had a few games at higher XP (205 - 273), before first-win-of-day bonuses. At the same time, many of the recent games you've played have ended very quickly - 18 - 27 mins, which is quite short for SR games. The [XP amount per game](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752824-Reward-BE-XP-System-Breakdown) would be a bit lower due to the short duration. For the longer games you've played (30 - 40 mins) seem right in line with the example BE/XP calculations [outlined here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Jh3Mtzu6-board-post-title-blue-essence-earn-rates-learning-the-numbers-with-carl-and-henrietta) Hope that helps clarify what you've been seeing a bit, in terms of the raw numbers. Cheers Mindstar
I honestly have no idea why riot is punishing people for ending games quickly. End your game as fast as you can is one of the rule of thumbs of climbing ranked (and winning any games in general). This also encourages players to surrender early: people who hate their opponents now have the choice of "punishing" them by giving up quickly and make them earn much less XP, while in the old system these people would tend to "punish" their opponents by struggling for longer and hopefully kill their opponents a few more times before the game ends. The strong emphasis on first win of the game is also something I cannot understand. Riot is now punishing players who player a lot of games a day by boosting the reward from first win and reducing the amount you get from games without the first win boost. The new system is definitely discouraging these players from playing as much as they used to. I have never heard of any game improving themselves by reducing the incentives of playing. Even the main player base does not play 20 games a day, it doesn't mean that you should punish those who do.

tts01008

Level 37 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion